Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How Do You Like Them Apples?!

Started by visualspice, January 21, 2013, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ayden could have shrugged at the comment of being labeled a show off.
He is what he is!

Ayden listened to the treasure she described with interest.
"It sound valuable." But as she went on to explain, his grin only grew. "Complications normal ads more value." ANd the at her comment about his price, he flashed more teeth.
"If you add interest, I'd probably cost d'at much. I'm a rare catch, Raj. ANd d'en you add d' fact I've become stolen goods, well, d' price tends to double."

Or in his cause, more than double!

Either way, as the pair pressed onward, he seemed to ignore what Rajini was gawking at, or rather, he seemed much less interested. Then again, he found other things to be of more interest and value as she walked before him.

At the sight of no guards, and a heavy lock at the end, Ayden had to blink.
"It does seem to simple, Raj." Looking around, he tried to assess their location when Rajini stepped forward and he heard a click-
then a whurr as a snake statue seemed to lurch from the wall, spewing fire.
Before he knew what he was doing, he was stepping forward, sweeping Rajini into his arms nd using his powers to divert the flow of flames away from them- but the heat still breathed hotly across them as he held himself like a shield, back to the diverted flames, Rajini in his arms and chains.

He grunted, the temperature heating up, and despite their precarious predicament, he couldn't help but comment as he looked down at her.
"You know, Raj, your hair smells kind of nice." He smiled, his body already glistening with sweat. "Like d'em desert flowers."

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

"Shit!" Rajini immediately removed her foot from the sinking floor panel. The fire stopped and the snake slid back into the wall. How could she have been so careless? It made sense now why this hallway had been left unguarded now. It was probably completely booby-trapped!

Ayden had been quick enough to grab her and shield her from the flames. If a blush could be seen on Rajini's dark complexion, it would have been of the darkest sort. How embarrassing and infuriating! Nothing was worse than owing one's life to a man that one hated. Rajini pushed away from him as soon as the flames died and considered slapping him for taking advantage of that moment to smell her hair. If he'd groped her, he'd have a nice dark hand print on his right cheek about now. "Ugh...that was careless."

Wonderful! Now he was going to torment her with this incident. Remind her of how he'd saved her. But that wasn't the worst of it! Now she had his stink on her person! As soon as she was home, a shower was the first thing she'd schedule!

She shook her head and took a step back, studying the floor closely for any abnormalities in the stone.

visualspice

Ayden only smiled. It seemed nothing could deter that smile as he kept his blue eyes upon Raj.

"If d'is place be full of traps, d'en let me check it out. As your slave, I feel obliged," he told her, bowing enough, if she caught the gesture, before turning and stepping his boot on another tile-
only this time a quick dart shot out from the wall, heading straight for his head. Ayden moved just in time for it to sail between them before lifting his foot off the tile and gesturing for Rajini to step back.

"Uh, better move aside while I try d'is next one." he said, then he crouched low, moving forward and delicately tapped the next tile- but nothing occurred. The tile didn't even recess..

Frowning, he stood erect to study it, and when he turned to Raj, he began to explain.
"I t'ink I understand d'is one. If we find d' tiles d'at don't recess..."
Though after he stepped away- there was the familiar 'click'- as a heavy hammer like object came down and smashed right into Ayden, sending him sailing away.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

Rajini was a bit put out when Ayden volunteered to go ahead of her, but if he wanted to go and get himself burnt to a crisp then he was more than welcome to it so long as it helped her figure out where not to step.

For a moment she honestly thought Ayden was right and might have even acknowledged that until she heard the click. She saw the hammer coming but it was already too late to warn him. And she wasn't sure whether or not she cared. She went over to check on him anyway. It was the decent thing to do and he had saved her life. Oh how she hated herself and him at the same time for that!

"Any chance that you're dead? " She inquired, kneeling down to see. " You know, any damage caused to a slave automatically lowers their value. I'd say you're probably not worth more than 5 gold now. "

Once she knew that he was fine, she turned away from him and went back to inspecting the floor. "It's probably not that obvious..." Her eyes scanned the room. "A puzzle, maybe? " Most men wouldn't leave clues lying around but Sufjan was the sort who'd have that sense of humor and figured himself so clever. "He's the elaborate and theatrical sort." Her eyes caught the symbols on the floor. Each section of stone flooring had a different symbol that matched the four tapestries lining each side of the wall. Eight tapestries in all but only four symbols. Both sides were displayed in different orders too.

She cut a coin purse tied to her sash and tossed it at a section of floor before her slightly to her left. She stepped back and waited. Nothing happened. She waited a little longer. Still nothing.

And what did it mean? Rajini frowned. Perhaps she was reading too much into it? She collected her coin-purse and studied the symbol, " A cat." Then her eyes went to the feline tapestry . It happened to be the first closest to them on the right side of the room. The next was a bird of prey, a hawk. However, when she tossed the coin purse on the next row of floor tiles and it landed on the hawk, another trap was triggered and the section of wall directly in front became a wall of spikes that smashed together repeatedly.

"Hm. Not right. " She'd missed a detail perhaps?

visualspice

Ayden's face, though smashed, left him alive.  He sat up, nose bleeding as he held his nose.
"But I bet you'd still love d'is slave all d'eh same. D'at makes me priceless, no?" Though his words came out a lot more muffled than charming (though he did try!)

As she went about testing an idea, he too, turned to the tapestry and blinked.

"I t'ink I'd be better crackin' d'is code if d' clues were woven into d' pattern of a naked woman."

His eyes scanned the area, but he felt he was at a loss.

"We could keep goin w'it trail and error, but how long would eet take before we'd alert someone?"

Vincent

"I made a miscalculation, " Rajini replied, choosing to ignore his ridiculous comment about naked women, " let me think." Her eyes swept over the tapestries again. Perhaps the solution was a little more complex than she had initially suspected?  Could there be more clues? Her eyes missed little and between the spacing of each tapestry , she did notice a tall standing suit of armor bearing a shield with one of the four animals on it. What was peculiar perhaps was that the animals displayed on said shields on either side only half matched their corresponding tapestries. For whatever reason, two shields matched the opposing wall of tapestries.

"Clever," Rajini bent to reclaim her coin purse and tried her luck again, the sack of coins landing on the snake symbol. And her hunch seemed to be accurate. She grinned, " I think I might understand how this works now. Wait here in case I'm wrong."

Although, had she thought better on Ayden's offer , she might have ordered for him to test out her theory instead! She had confidence in her hunch though and proceeded hopping from one spot to another. She made it to the other side of the hall intact without triggering another trap with a grin on her face. "Shall I tell you the answer or would you like to guess and check?"

She turned away from him to study the large, circular double doors before them. It appeared metallic ,sturdy and heavy. Steel, perhaps? Rajini wrapped her knuckles on it to test its hardness and frowned. The door itself was ornate ,shaped to appear like that of a cobra's snarling head. Within it's gaping jaws there was a small dial lock. One that required the right entry of numbers.

She looked around the immediate area, but there were no obvious clues about as there had been for the floor puzzle. She hadn't touched the the door or the lock in the snake's maw, wary of what trap she might trigger lest she do so!

Now she turned her attention back to Ayden because he was taking too long for her comfort, "Cat, Snake, Hawk, Snake, Jackal,Jackal,Hawk,Cat,. "

She really was being too generous today!

ooc: It could be amusing if Ayden tried to crack the lock and trigger another trap! I promise it won't be too bad!

visualspice

Ayden obeyed her words, as any good 'slave' ought to.  So he was out of sight, out of mind- but his eyes were ever roaming the are, chains dangling lightly as he moved. He took in what she said with a tilt of his head. He did not full comprehend what it was she was cracking in the code as his eyes shifted around to the various statues.

"Why don't we jus' pick d' lock?" he said, staring at the serpentile door.  "It jus' seems if we make any wrong moves, we could trigger a trap d'at could burn us alive, or skewer us on d'em spikes." and he gestured to where the ferocious,biting spikes had been. Turning to Rajini, then back to the door, he found himself tempted to touch it as he reached out.
"I could try t' pick it if you wan, Raj."

Vincent

Rajini smacked his wrists none-too-gently, "Don't you DARE!" She growled at him, her voice straining high with near-panic. "Don't touch ANYTHING!"

Of course, like the typical arrogant male that he was, he had to go an touch the lock before she could finish examining it. He didn't even carry the proper tools! "AYDEN!" She yelled at him sharply, rather angry that he hadn't the sense to listen to her.

Now they were both going to pay for it! The snake-head door's hollowed eyes started to gleam like twin rubies but other than that, nothing happened. Rajini wasn't sure if this was a good or bad thing. She shot the man next to her one of her most murderous of glares.

"Would it have killed you to listen to me!?" She wanted to hit him, but she wasn't going to waste time. For all they knew another trap had been triggered or an alarm. She removed her toolkit that was tied to her sash at the waist and shoved it at him. "You might as well open it now."

Ooc: You're welcome to describe what the treasury room looks like!

visualspice

OOC: Slightly mature because of nudity reference XD

IC:

Ayden shrugged as she talked.
"We didn' set up no traps, why all d' fuss?"
He grinned however, and felt right at home working with the tool kit granted to him by his illustrious companion.  The lock was complex, but a lock was still a lock- and after some fiddling and finagling.. CLICK! the lock gave way to his skillful hands.
Grinning, he turned over his shoulder to smirk at Rajini.

"See, it won't no problem t' crack. Just needed some tinkerin' and a gentle ear t' lissen." his eyes sparkled as he stood up, pushed the door open and it gave way with a creak- and before them spilled an unending tomb of gold up high towards the sealing, stretching as far as the eye could see.
As Ayden stepped inside, mesmerized by the jewels, his lips fell open as he whispered, "And d'at bastard w'us only gonna spend fifty t'ousand on me?" Yes, he'd stick with his embellished amount on the already embellished truth of the funds.

Peering around, he felt himself swell and itch- with so many jewels around him- he couldn't help but let his smile grow ever wider.
"How deep are your pockets, Raj?" he inquired, blue eyes inspecting her.. and the goods, before he walked past a tall statue, one with arms posed out towards the ceiling, reaching for the skies, hips jutted out- breasts exposed, body naked...
If Ayden had a cigarette in his lips, it would have fallen out. He couldn't help himself but stare. The crafter placed rubies on the statue's nipples and well...
His lips twitched into a smirk.

"T'ink we can take d'is one home, Rag?" he said, grinning widely while patting the statue on the shoulder.

Vincent

Rajini gawked at the sight that opened up before her as well. She'd known Sufjan was wealthy as he made it obvious and frequently flaunted it ,but this was...unfathomable! IT was as though the wealth of several kingdoms had been collected and stored within a single room!

Where did he manage to come by such things? Was he a thief himself? She wouldn't have been surprised though she'd heard that his business dealings were quite clean. He was merely a very shrewd trader and played the market like a genius. Of course, it did help that his father had left a substantial inheritance behind after his untimely death....

Rajini paused to admire a decorative scimitar with a golden hilt encrusted with emeralds and sapphires. Diamonds even and the blade's metal...it looked like mithril. Quite a find! She was tempted but she shook her head and turned from it.

She passed Ayden, hardly noticing the statue he'd taken his idiotic fancy to. " Stop screwing around and help me look for-"

The ground started to rumble under their feet the moment Ayden touched the statue. Now Rajini spun around to face him and looked about ready to murder him most horribly, "What. Did. YOU. Do!?" She seethed. And she would have happily killed him right then and there , but that desire would need to be put on hold!

As if to answer her question, a mound of gold and jewels exploded beside her, raining down upon the pair a shower of wealth. Rajini grabbed a shield lying on the floor and held it up above her head, protecting herself from what would have been a rather painful and potentially deadly rain!

From beneath the treasure the massive body of a serpentine dragon roared forth, releasing an enraged hissing bellow from its terrifying maw. It twisted it's head around to glare at Rajini and then Ayden who still had his hand on the statue.

"Shit..." Rajini was the first to flee without looking back to see or care if Ayden had the sense to join her. Unfortunately the double doors slammed shut with a click just inches before she could escape. She tried the door but it held fast. "Shit!"

ooc: It's Volvagia! Aaaaaah!!! Where's that goron hammer when one needs it!?

What Sufjan is even doing with such a creature...I've no clue ! It makes no sense! Isn't it great!?

visualspice

Again, if only Ayden had a cigarette..
he would have lost said cigarette again as his mouth gaped open, staring wide eyed at the rising dragon above.

"Shit."

Tearing away from the statue, Ayden rushed after Rajini just in time to flinch as the door slammed shut.
"D'ere has t' be anudder way out." His eyes scanned the area, scouting.. looking... then noticed a window far up top.
"We could get up d'ere, or try to kill d' t'ing." Ayden suggested, turning around as the dragon opened it's maw and suddenly swiped at them. Yanking onto Rajini, he jumped with her and away, but unfortunately for him- his chains got snapped inside the dragon's maw as it reared it's head up- Ayden was pried off of Rajini's form in a grunt as the man said high up into the air.

The dragon bucked wildly, furiously and Ayden's form was jerked this way and that. It was only about this time he was regretting his decision to keep up his hopeless ambitions to actually become Rajini's slave, and the key was lost, spilled  out from his hand and lost into the golden world below.
It was only then the dragon noticed Ayden and tried to spit out the pesky, nasty tasting chain from it's mouth, all the while trying to snap and bite and eat at Ayden. The man's legs dangled, boots kicking off the dragons' mouth, teeth, and even kicking off it's slippery tongue to avoid being eaten.

Getting upset, the dragon gave one might thrust of it's face and the chain unhooked itself from it's fang, and Ayden went sailing across the room- crashing into and breaking a massive mirror on the other side where he lay, crumpled, unmoving, and bleeding at it's feet.

Groaning, he turned over to look over at the mirror.
It kind of looked like what Rajini was looking for.
"Hey Raj-" he barely managed to sputter out, voice dry and strained. "I t'ink I found w'at you were lookin' for."

Vincent

Another way out? Rajini's eyes swept desperately over the room for some route of alternative escape but the windows were impossibly high up and too small for her to fit through. The only way out , it seemed, was shut. They were screwed!

She laughed at his suggestion of killing the monster, " You want to slay the dragon? Be my guest!" She sure as hell wasn't going to fight it! If she didn't have to!

Rajini danced out of the dragon's initial swipe, narrowly missing it's seeking talons.  She protested when Ayden grabbed her. What was he? Stupid? It would have been better to run in separate directions, giving the beast two targets and not one! "Let GO of me!" She snarled at him, but he was snatched up by his chains and torn up high into the air before he could either deny her demands or comply . She didn't pause to watch what his fate would be because she certainly didn't want to die here for him!

While the dragon was distracted with Ayden, Rajini frantically searched through the piles of treasure for something, anything she could use against the beast. She found a sizable diamond , regretted having to let it go to waste on saving Ayden's sorry hide, and threw it as hard as she could at the creature's large, golden eye.  The diamond hit its intended mark true and caused the dragon to hiss, throwing it's head back in agony and tossing Ayden away like an unwanted rag doll.

Rajini took the moment to search for a more appropriate weapon but nothing seemed big enough to kill the thing. She heard Ayden call across the room at her. He'd found the mirror!? If only she had instead ! But now the dragon's eyes were on her and it lunged it's neck forward, snapping its massive jaws at her. Rajini had to leap out of the way, hitting the ground in a roll and quickly coming back up to her feet.

"Try looking for something unusual about it! An inscription , odd markings, anything!" She shouted at him and hastily retreated as the dragon gathered itself up for another attack at her. 

visualspice

Ayden groaned, wiping mirror shards from his bloodied body before glancing up as he blinked.  "Is d'is really necessary when your about t' become dragon food?" he said, eyes remaining upon her precarious situation as he began to examine the mirror, brushing the remaining shards away as he examined the piece.

"I d'un know if I see anyt'ing, Raj."  Perhaps he hadn't have become so lucky? Maybe he crashed into the wrong mirror, but as he continued to inspect it, one of the ornaments on the mirror came loose, and slowly, ever so slowly, he began to untwist it. Once the piece came off, it popped to the ground and he reached a finger inside, and pulled out a small roll of paper bond in twine.

"Hey, Raj," he said, turning just in time to witness the dragon rearing it's head back to blow fire "I t'ink I found somet'in!" and then he kicked the sword nearby him, forcing it to teetering up and the hilt caught into his hand, then spun around, thrusting the gold sword into the air as it spun abou tand struck hard across the large dragon's face.

The dragon's rage was soon diverted, and flames came pillowing towards Ayden, consuming him whole-
but from the fiery lashes the man leapt, seemingly unphased as he clutched onto the paper and began to make a hasty retreat.

"What are we going t' do about d' dragon?" he said, fire quickly catching at his heels. So he ran faster, but it seemed the dragon was intent on burning him alive!  He kept running back and forth- fire here, fire there, everywhere a fire! It seemed he could not win, and had to keep deflecting the flames lest them burn him to a crisp, and soon his body was sweating from use of deflecting the flames and not just the heat from them.

Vincent

"I think it's a little late to be asking me that question right now!" Rajini hollered back at him and narrowly avoided being snapped in two , evading with a dancer's grace. "Now, less talking and more clue searching!"

A sweep of it's tail caught her a low blow in the gut and sent her flying across the room. Before she could get up the dragon's massive claws came crashing down over her, pinning her tightly beneath. "Shit!" She gasped as the beast dug its claws into the floor, tightening its grip about her like a vice, threatening to crush her bones. Ayden was yelling at her again , but what he said was not what she wanted to hear. She had no retort for him though as the air was being flattened from her lungs entirely. She couldn't move or breathe and her face was beginning to turn blue.

Alright, now she was starting to consider this venture not to be worth the trouble!

Through bleary eyes, she could see the dragon's maw open wide, revealing rows upon rows of nasty fangs that were nearly as long as her arm! She felt the creature sucking in air and the heat of its breath as it was preparing to roast her alive. She suspected though that she'd suffocate in a matter of seconds before that happened!

Ayden's intervention drew the dragon's attention from her as he struck it in the face with a blade betwixt its eyes. Rajini hungrily gasped for breath as the beast released her and moved away to go after the man.

It took Raj a few moments to recover. What were they going to do about the dragon indeed! She had nothing , could see nothing that would be of any use to either of them. She was about ready to give up hope when she noticed something peculiar beneath her foot. She stepped back and grabbed something that appeared to be a loop handle, possibly a door handle and pulled on it as hard as she could. The floor opened to reveal a narrow, long and dark descent to the Gods only knew where! At least there was a ladder conveniently there for use.

"Down here!" She called to him, hoping that he might look her way before she disappeared down the hole. If he didn't well, that was his damn problem! For the moment, it escaped her mind that what she wanted was in his possession!

ooc: So selfish!  ;D

visualspice

Ayden barely heard what she said over the roar of the flames. Really, it was a lot of work to keep the flames at bay, let alone hear over it as another hot flare of flames shot across his body. He was feeling his powers weaken- the flames being strong, and it wasn't until he saw Rajini disappearing into a door that seemed to become swallowed beneath the royal pile of jewels that he began to curse.

Tearing across the ground, he tried to reach her, only to feel something give and he was brought back, winded as the massive jaws of the beast snapped for his neck- but managed to get the chains tangled in it's wicked teeth once again.
He heard a crunching of it's jaw, so close to him it was that he felt the hot breath sweltering across his body, even with enough heat to singe some of his hair as he winced but found himself in a precarious position where his face was turning blue, the chains had been connected to his neck held him precarious over the floor- and he could do nothing but gasp and make fishy, bubbled faces hoping the animal would either drop him so he could fetch some air- or eat him to put him out of his misery!

Vincent

There was no question in Rajini's mind. If Ayden didn't haul ass down here himself, then she-

"Shit!" How could she have been so obtuse? The moron still held on to what she'd went through all of this trouble to get! "By the Night Lady, " Rajini grumbled , pulling herself hastily back up the ladder one rung at a time. A long climb it was, indeed, and she had not noticed before how long it was on the way down!

As soon as she reached the top , it wasn't difficult to discern where Ayden was because her eyes had instantly gone to the dragon first. "Pain in the ass," she sighed and removed something from from the leather pouch tied to the sash guarding her waist. She clutched a dark metallic looking sphere about the size of her fist in her hand.

She regretted having to use this to save Ayden's life of all things. No time to lament this , however. She shook her head and called out to the monster, hoping to win its attention, "Hey, over here you great overgrown lizard!" She shouted, waving her arms and hopping about, making as much movement as possible.

Luck was on her side, for the ruse worked. The dragon's head snapped around and it narrowed it's catlike golden eyes at her and this was all that Rajini needed. "Cover your eyes!" She shouted right before she threw the metallic ball high, right at the beast. On contact with it's muzzle, the sphere burst , shooting out a blinding flash of light that filled the room with impenetrable white for little more than a precious couple seconds , but such a flash was intense enough to blind any fool who had not heeded her warning.

Wasting little time, Rajini hurried over to where Ayden had been dropped and pulled him up to his feet, " Pain in the ass," he might have heard her quiet growl and then down they went , through the door in the earth while the monster was still shaking off its disorientation.

ooc: It would be terrible if Ayden was momentarily blind. She might just shove him down the ladder and watch him fall then though! :/

visualspice

Unfortunately for Ayden, he had no idea what was going on and would have passed out from lack of oxygen had the ball not suddenly exploded and Ayden, dropped into a blanket of whiteness as he fell painfully to the floor.

ANd he couldn't see, he could even barely hear as he was gasping, coughing; just thankful air filled his lungs.  But somehow he was pulled along, stumbling and seeing white- white everywhere, and it was something he couldn't shake-
"Easy Raj- I 'tink I juz got blind." though his smile was grim as he spoke, he obeyed her words when they moved to the ladder, hesitant, but definitely willign to try to climb down without his sight as he could hear the monster roaring madly about.

"Jus' be careful, Raj. I can climb but I can't see." he warned her, but followed after anyways, hesitating as he went, trying to be as careful as he could not to step on her hands as tehy disappeared into the world below.

Once at the bottom, he pinched two fingers at his nose, shook his head and even rubbed at his eyes, but he was still seeing hot white stars and frowned as he tried to look at Rajini-
but again, would see nothing.

Vincent

"Move your ass!" Rajini snapped at him. Blind or not, he'd have to keep up the pace. "We don't have much time before-" The dragon thrashed about blindly for the span of five seconds before recovering it's vision. It found the fleeing thieves easily and lunged forward with snapping jaws leading. Had the beast been swifter by a couple seconds, it would have skewered Rajini with its fangs, but alas. The thieves slipped into the world beneath it and all it could do was peer down the hole at them with one eye and growl its frustration.

She descended the ladder quickly so Ayden wouldn't end up kicking her in the face. It happened once and Rajini called him something unpleasant, but after that the climb went smoothly.

"You didn't close your eyes?!" Rajini failed to hide disguise the mix of surprise and annoyance in her tone. "You never listen to me. You're like a child. I told you to leave me alone, you do not. I told you not to touch anything and what did you do? I tell you to close your eyes and now you're blind, "She said sourly even though she had considered that Ayden might not have heard her or , if he had, his mind had been so preoccupied with survival that he'd allowed his panic to drown out all other senses. It happened even to the best. Even to Rajini.

Still, she wanted to find reasons to blame him because she was so sure that he couldn't be trusted. Any moment now, he was going to turn on her. It was a ridiculous notion though, wasn't it ? If he had been planning to stab her in the back , then he would have done it or maybe he understood that he needed her in order to get out of here. She was, after all , the brains of this outfit. If one could call it such.

She felt her foot touch the ground again and moved away from the ladder so that Ayden could stand there. Before her the path was clear, a dimly lit tunnel that only lead in one direction, " Hopefully, the worst of our troubles is over. We should be careful here. I wouldn't be surprised if this area is trapped too. "

She looked up to find Ayden still on the ladder , " If you fall, I'm not catching you."

ooc : and then he falls !

visualspice

As Rajini went on, Ayden lazily picked at the inside of his ear, digging into it with one pinky, but still managed to climb to the bottom where he paused and smiled over at Raj (or so he assumed by the direction of her voice).

"If a lady could provide a t'ief w'it some assistance," he said, putting a hand out for her to take. "D'en maybe d'is blind fool won't topple onto his ass."
And he smiled, waiting for her, wearing such a ... charming and roguish grin that he hoped she would oblige and not leave him hanging.

OOC: Sorry it's short but- naturally he'd find a way to get her to touch him-
and the other option was accidently groping her XD

Vincent

"I'd prefer it if you did," Rajini replied, her tone dripping with subtle venom. Why he thought she'd care enough to help him was beyond her. She would have taken the scroll from him then and there and left him down here to rot. But Ayden had helped her and Rajini couldn't escape from the sense of honor that governed her character. "Fine."

The look on his face only irritated her more, but she swallowed her bitterness back and took his hand. Her grip wasn't gentle though but it wasn't as strong as she could have made it either. It was firm, somewhat unkind. If he tried anything funny, she'd rip that damned arm off.