Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How Do You Like Them Apples?!

Started by visualspice, January 21, 2013, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The Shady Scorpion was about as eclectic as it's name. With sharp, wooden tables, and a chandelier made from a large set of scorpion tales, and by the looks of it, as Ayden looked up at the ceiling, a cigarette lit in his fingers as it's smoke wafted towards the ceiling, it had to be some big fucking scorpion indeed!

Snorting some smoke through his nose, he leaned back in his chair, put his boots up and crossed, upon the table, and lifted his cigarette back to his lips as he looked over at Rajini. With her fiery red hair and fiery red personality, it wasn't difficult to see why Ayden had the hots for her. They had quite the history together, and despite the women Ayden had slept with- she was one of the women not on the list. But he always held a special place in his heart for Raj

During their times before she had killed his father, he had taken pity on her. That's when she had been a slave, and secretly, delivered apples to her after he had to over hear his father being brutal towards her. It was the only thing he could do- he tried other methods which, unfortunatel for him, were misconstrued by all parties involved and...
left him with a nasty scar across his throat

It was one reason Ayden couldn't talk too loudly. He was, infact, lucky to be alive that his adoptive father hadn't gutted him prior to his scaring, or that Rajini's scaring of him hadn't killed him off, too. He had always been a bit of a rebel in his own right,a nd nobody could really put a finger on the way he acted. Then again, it was hard to stay loyal or candid towards an adoptive father whom, Ayden had to watch slaughter his entire family in front of. The memories, he still tried to repress to this day.

If it weren't for his magics.. Hyden Bane would have left him for dead. And though he was taken in to the Vorhdic Thieves he never felt he was one. More of a lone wolf type, he kept to himself...
though there was that short time he had 'escaped' for a short hwile on his own, but his curiosity for Rajini had brought him back..
and it was then she had almost killed him and he, surprised she had taken over the guild.

Thinking back to her question, he simply smiled as he exhaled more cigarette smoke.
"A couple of years." he said, giving a light scratch to his throat. Had he his normal clothing, he would have had that nasty scar covered, and the whip scars on his back. But, their most recent captive had Ayden in quite the interesting garb (which wasn't much of anythign at all!).

Not that Ayden minded as he leaned back in his chair, bare chest capped in gold lighting from the scorpion chandelier, and a few, fat, black wax candles on the table also dancing across his form. It danced across Rajini's too, and he thought, with a grin, she looked real good.

"D'ough I never t'ought d'at it was d'at long, but I guess it has been." And he gave her an easy grin "D'ough you look good. D'eh desert life seems to be treating you good, Raj" And he tilte dhis head back, enjoying another drag. "What are d' 'tieves up to now? Is d'is map somethin' you stole for d' guild?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

Rajini wasn't looking at him directly as he spoke. Her eyes were watching everything else, as though she expected something to be after her. It wasn't an unreasonable feeling though. Rajini's reputation had grown over the years and the success of her Guild was no secret. She wasn't reckless like this usually and though she certainly owed no explanations for her reasons here to Ayden she had little to hide. What could he do to her?

She shrugged her shoulders and sipped her wine, " Oh, the same as usual. You know, contract ourselves to some ambitious rich prick and rob his rival blind, then turn around and rob him blind." She smirked, " Then we move on to the next fool looking to push his fellows into financial ruin. This ," she held up the map, "this is just a small curiosity. Things are running a little too smoothly at home and an adventurous girl like me tends to get a little bored. "

visualspice

"Ah.." he exhaled more smirk through his lips as he remained, reclined in his seat and studying his companion. "So you've become bored w'id t'ings, eh, Raj?" And his grin was playful as he asked. "Suppose your lucky d'en d'at I was available t' help. Not every day you get t' hang out w'it d' infamous Ayden Bane."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

Rajini laughed, "Lucky? Meeting you? Ha! You'd certainly like to think so, wouldn't you? I dare say it's the other way around, Bayne. "  Yes, he had made a good point. Without his help, she may not have acquired what she needed. " Even if I had to see your ugly mug again, I suppose it wasn't all that bad, " she grinned, " It's been awhile since I've danced so close to death. It's quite a rush, wouldn't you say ? What is life without a little danger? Ah. It almost reminds me of the old days when Hyden(sp?) lost the guild and I stepped up in his place. Fun times... "

She missed them. Those were the golden years where the guild prospered and worked together like one big thieving family. Now there had been murders and whispers that Rajini herself was being targeted by someone in the guild for assassination. A whole year she had spent sleeping lightly with a knife under her pillow and looking upon every one of her thieves with suspicion. She still couldn't sniff out the traitor, but the assassination attempts had come and gone. For the first time in her life, she actually felt safer outside of the guild even in the company of someone such as Ayden Bayne than she did within it.

Of course, Rajini still had a grudge against Bayne, believing that he had been planning to oust her once and she wasn't about to tell him how dire her situation was.

visualspice

"I don't know, Raj," he said with a playful grin. "D'is mug don' look too ugly t' me. Maybe all d'at running from death skewed your vision. But if you need somet'ing t' help you remember, I could show you reasons you'd enjoy my company if we were t' get a room upstairs."

Vincent

"My vision is perfectly fine, thank you. I think you've had too much to drink, " Rajini smirked at him and took another drink of wine, " Heh. Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that offer, " and noticed a serving maid out of the corner of her eye certainly did not share Rajini's opinion of the cocky thief's appearance, "don't look now, but it looks as though you've an admirer."

visualspice

But Ayden Bane hadn't bothered to look as he gave a casual shrug.
"D'eh only admirer I'm lookin' for d'is evenin' is d' one lookin' at me now," And he caught her gaze with a grin. "Don't forget how much d'at man had paid for me. D'is is prime real estate. And I got lots t' offer t' a woman."

Vincent

Rajini laughed and rolled her eyes, "That means little. Did you pay any attention to the interior decor? " She shuddered, " So gaudy and tasteless. Honestly, you don't place a vomit colored rug against a neon pink floor tile. That's just...so wrong. If there had been time, I would have asked the dragon to burn it. " She was only partially kidding!

visualspice

Ayden's grin split across his face toothily as he took her in. Her witty comments was one reason he.was hopelessly in love with her. Unfortunately for.him, it was unrequited.
"I hate t' agree but you're right. Some of d'em decorations could make your eyes bleed!"

Vincent

ooc: there is some mature language in this post.

ic:

Rajini laughed and drained her glass with a laugh, "You're telling me! Otherwise, I would have picked the place clean years ago! " And this was no exaggeration by any extent of the imagination. She examined her empty glass and the empty bottle on the table with a frown, " I'm not drunk enough to tolerate you any longer. I need something stronger-"

Her eyes caught sight of a pair of shady looking men approaching their table. " Well, well...if it isn't Rajini Iraja, Queen of the failed Thieves Guild. " The larger of the two men sneered at her with disdain as he and his silent companion pulled up a chair to sit on either side of her. "You owe us money, you smug bitch, and we've come to collect."

Rajini smirked, "Ayden Bayne, I'd like to introduce you to a former associate of mine,  Kassim and his assclown. They've come to me to beg for scraps through insults and intimidation. Watch carefully now as I politely reject them. " She grinned broadly at the large man, "Go fuck yourselves. I don't owe you damn thing and you know it. "

Kassim growled at the woman dangerously and pressed, " We heard you sacked Sufjan's place so we know you got something valuable. "

"Of course I did, " Rajini replied smugly, " and like I said, I don't owe you. You stole from the guild and I let you live because your stupidity amuses me.  " She laughed, " I'm not sure which is more hilarious here. That Ayden Bayne got caught or that you think I'm dumb enough to part with treasure. " She waved a hand at them dismissively,  " Run away , little boys, before you hurt yourselves." 

A knife flashed in Kassim's hand, "If you won't hand it over, then we'll just take it from your corpse!"

ooc: I apologize for the extensive delay but it couldn't be helped. I've been too tired most days to post after work.  :-[

visualspice

OOC: It's ok - my last post was done on my phone in the hospital so it wasn't anything special x.x
Now let's see if I can't do something flashy :T

---

The chandelier held at least enough candles that the flames dancing upon them could be manipulated easily enough for Ayden Bane. Though he would have preferred more fire mpower than that- even a small flame could do some damage in the right hands- and currently, the flame was behind summoned in a flash to the wriggling fingers of Ayden Bane.

And his grin was smug as he remained reclined withi his seat, but moved forward to flash the flame before the two men in warning before he held the glowing ball of fire in his hand.

"I'd be careful. D'at knife can cut, but I bet d'is fire will melt your face before you can even git it out of d' sheath. Now be a good man and leave d' woman alone. She's had a long day."

And Ayden's smart remark was all Kassim needed as the man, pissed off anyone would dare talk to him that way, let out a roar nd thrust the knife forward, but not before his wrist was caught by Ayden, and the flames punched into his face. Screaming for mercy, the man stumbled back over the chair. Now floundering on the ground as he tried to dampen out the heat seering his face, Ayden frowned when he noticed a bit of trckling of blood o his arm. Kassim's knife must've got him- but that was hardly much of his concern for long- as the silent partner suddenly tore out a blade resting against his back in a long sheath, and slammed the entirety of it into the table and the wood split into two.