Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lying in the Warm Sunlight (Ivory)

Started by Scythe-Nova, February 02, 2013, 03:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

It was a beautiful morning and the sun had already risen above the horizon casting light on the beach, Sajira loved the suns warm light that shone down on her where she lay on the beach. She had just some time ago arrived on this beach as she had swum from the mainland to here.

-"Ahhhh... this sun is the perfect way to dry after swimming"

She mused to herself as she stretched her body out and rose from the sand yawning some, except from the choker necklace she had there were no other clothes on her body. Most of Sajiras belongings had become wet as she had swum and she were drying them in the sun not far from her where she now were "sitting".

Ivory

Akala had left the village early -- or late, depending on how one looked at it.  With nowhere really that she had to be, however, did it really matter what time she left?

Away from the dense forest at the heart of the island, there was really little to fear.  Akala walked along the coast with a confident grace, footsteps quickly erased by the waves that lapped at the sand.  Occasionally, she would pause to examine something the tide had brought with it -- a shell or small crustacean, before walking on.

What she saw in the sand before her was something entirely new, however, and she cocked her head slightly as she studied it.  It looked something like a woman combined with a snake.  Some people would have been afraid, but Akala, like most Yoreiqi, was more curious than cautious.  "Hello!" she called with a wave as she approached.

A bright blue sarong was wrapped around her slender waist, and a pack made of bright red and white cloth hung on her back.  She was shirtless and barefoot as well -- typical of any Yoreiqi woman.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira stretched once more before hearing a voice not that far from her, she recognized the tone as a female voice and neglected to cover her bare chest as she turned towards the voice. Seeing that the source of the voice were a human Sajira promptly let her guard down and smiled at the woman.

-"H-hello there."

She said and uncoiled her tail somewhat as she lowered herself to look less imposing as her size was often the quality that scared most people of her. Her eyes carefully studied the woman from top to bottom as she smiled warmly towards the woman.

Ivory

"The sunrise is beautiful this morning, isn't it?" Akala posed brightly in Yoreiqi as she made her way, unhurried, across the open sand.  Her tone was friendly and inviting, without a trace of fear.  She gestured towards the picturesque scene with a happy sigh.  "The Gods must be looking forward to a good day!"

"I'm Akala," she added brightly as her eyes swept over the stranger.  What a curious person!  "I don't think I've ever seen you here before.  Do you live nearby?"

It was unusual -- though exciting! -- to meet strangers.  Akala had been walking the beaches for years, and she thought she knew most of the people in the area.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh yes indeed it's wonderfull"

Sajira replied to the other woman as she smiled friendly at her, the tip of her tail swayed back and forth just a bit in excitement of meeting someone new. When the other woman introduced herself as Akala she smiled and gave a slight but respectfull bow.

-"It's nice to meet you Akala, My name is Sajira Asonaka"

She said in a friendly tone as she listened to the next question and laughed a slightly and looked at Akala.

-"No i'm from far to the East, i just arrived to this beach some hours ago"

She answered and smiled at Akala as she studied her body with interest especially her skin colour since it was something unusual for Sajira.

-"How about you do you live here?"

Ivory

"Sometimes," Akala answered with a laugh.  She didn't mean to be so cryptic, but hers was a unique situation, even for a Yoreiqi!  "I make my bed where I am welcome and allow the spirits to guide me when I go.  I prefer to go where I am needed rather than stay in one place.  But I am from the Islands, yes."

"I'm not interrupting, am I?" she asked, just to be polite.  She didn't seem too concerned if she was, however, because she added curiously, "Is this the first time you have been to the Islands?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh not at all i'm just drying off, ah yes it's the first time here for me"

She answered and smiled friendly at Akala and looked interestingly at her before smiling a bit curious and leaned a bit forward.

-"I've never seen anyone with skin as yours, is it normal around here?"

she asked and seemed very interested with Akala's skin colour.

Ivory

"My skin?"  Akala held out a hand curiously, as if wondering what on earth her new friend could be referring to.  "I suppose so," she allowed at last with a slight shrug.  "Unless you mean these?"  She held out her other arm to the side, then used the first to point to the intricate pattern of swirls that ran over the length of her body.

"Most adults here have tattoos.  The few foreigners I've met seemed rather concerned about them..."  Akala blinked at them, as though she couldn't imagine why!  "I suppose I've never met a foreigner with wings either...  I've been told people outside of Yoreiq don't have them."  She frowned a little, as though troubled with that fact, and then her smile re-emerged as brightly as ever.

"To be honest, I've never met someone like you either!"

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh"

She became even more interested when Akala showed her the Tatoo's she had over her body, Sajira curiously leaned closer to look at the markings wondering to herself how the markings were put upon the skin. And When Akala Mentioned her Wings Sajira turned her attention to them and looking at them with a slight smile, it was not as she had not seen humans with wings before but still she thought they were very beautiful.

-"They're Beautiful.."

She replied somewhat distant as she gazed at the wings on Akala's back, she refocused her gaze when Akala said she had never met one as Sajira.

-"Well my kin does normaly reside in the far eastern jungles"

She said with a slight heartfelt laugh as she scratched the back of her head, She thought about the travel to the island and how she had heard about it. She would never have thought about going to this island unless she had overheard someone in the harbour of a smaller town talking about Yoreiq.

Ivory

"Thank you!" Akala exclaimed brightly.  "I can't do much with them -- but they're as much a part of me as my toes, I suppose!"

Her attention returned to the subject of her new friend quite readily, listening with apt curiosity as she explained her origins.  "I see," she murmured thoughtfully.  "How far away are these jungles?"

To one such as Akala, who had never been off the Islands in anything more than a fishing boat, thoughts of faraway jungles seemed quite exotic!  She doubted she could ever bring herself to leave the Islands -- she would miss her people too much -- but she loved hearing tales of adventure and exploration!

"What brought you all the way to Yoreiq?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh very far"

Sajira said as she kept her attention on Akala and coiled her tail beneath herself just to feel a bit more comfortable, the warm sands felt great on her skin it were nothing like the desert sands this were so much finer and smoother.

-"Well i am on a Pilgrimage that the warriors of my people take"

She said as she moved her tail and used it to move her bag of possessions and also the clothes she had been drying, she then packed the clothes into the bag as she kept on talking.

-"It's a sort of rite to find your enlightenment so the travel can take a very long time, but as for the reason i'm here in Yoreiq.. well i heard from some sailors that this place were a place of beauty"

She smiled as a slight blush appeared on her face and she looked back at Akala as she put away her bag.

-"And thus far it seems true"

Ivory

"Ah, that I understand," Akala answered softly with a warm smile.  "Enlightenment is something that is very personal, and it comes to each of us differently.  It's a worthy endeavor, and I wish you well on your journey.  May your ancestors guide you well."

"I'm searching for enlightenment as well, you might say.  Not actively, really, but I feel as though I have a greater purpose I am meant to obtain."  She shrugged her slender shoulders slightly, then laughed out loud at the talk of her island's beauty.

"There are many beautiful things to enjoy in Yoreiq.  I'm headed to the north.  Would you care to join me?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Thank you"

Sajira replied as Akala wished her well on her journey and reached into her backpack and pulled out the cloth strips that she normally wore and put them on but she neglected to put on her shirt, all the while listening to Akala as she talked to her.

-"That would be delightfull"

She said and nodded with a warm smile as she uncoiled her tail so that she could follow Akala.

-"I'm dry now so we could go now if you'd like"

Ivory

Akala waited patiently for Sajira to gather up her things before resuming her journey towards the north.

"Tell me more about this journey of yours," she invited warmly, genuinely curious to hear more about this other culture and to learn more about Sajira.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira slung her backpack onto her back and began slithering herself alongside Akala with a warm friendly smile.

-"Well i started my journey almost ten years ago, I have had so many diffrent experiences since i left my kingdom i don't know where to start.

She said as she slithered through the sands beside Akala.

Ivory

If the length of time Sajira had spent away from home surprised Akala, she didn't show it.  On the contrary, the shaman felt that enlightenment was a goal achieved by only a few who had strove for it an entire lifetime.

But, then, she supposed, that would make for a rather ineffective trial, unless one wished their society to collapse.

Clearly, Sajira's people had a different definition than Akala.

"Tell me about this enlightenment," she suggested helpfully.  "How does one know when she has obtained it?"

Scythe-Nova

-"This enlightenment is Personal not Spritual, And only on self can decide wheter they have gotten enlightened, but i think this trial is only to see the world and decide if there is something that you would rather do out here in the world or go back to the homeland and stay."

She Explained as they traveled the beach, she smiled all the while when she talked as if she was reminded of her homeland and realized how she missed the great exotic nature and the great city, but most of all her father who had sent her on this pilgrimmage. she brought up her one hand to the jade necklace and felt it with the tip of her fingers as she remembered her beloved father.

-"I'm not sure whether to return or to stay in these lands though, there is so much to see and each day comes with a new experience or beautiful people.."

She said and winked at Akala with a teasing smile before she laughed happily and a small blush rose on her cheeks.

Ivory

Akala listened respectfully and curiously, although her somewhat serious expression broke with a laugh at the compliment.

"Of course," she answered with a grin.  "The world does have many wonders to offer.  My people are not usually wanderers -- not as I am, anyway.  We prefer to be around our friends and families, and, although we are curious about the world and its people, we rarely adventure far."

She smirked, adding, "I, on the other hand, can't seem to stop.  I have always felt the tug of my ancestors, leading me towards something ahead only they can see."

Scythe-Nova

Sajira smiled as Akala seemed to accept her compliment and laughed with her and looked at her when she spoke about maybe traveling somewhere.

-"Well traveling is fun and very exciting so there's a certain pull that makes me want to see the world and it's inhabitants"

She explained as she smiled and looked on ahead down the beach as she slithered through the sands without much trouble at all.

-"Though Traveling can get very lonelyat times..."

She said and looked out towards the sea and thought back to the people she had met throughout her travels, some she missed and some she just remebered.

Ivory

"Do you not travel to inhabited lands and places?" Akala wondered, surprised.  There were some stretches of beach which seemed lonely indeed -- but that only made her arrival at her destination that much sweeter.

Besides, one was never truly alone.