Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lying in the Warm Sunlight (Ivory)

Started by Scythe-Nova, February 02, 2013, 03:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

-"I do but there are times when i get lost in the vast lands and those are the lonliest times of all... but mostly i just miss spending time with someone and just talk.."

She said as she wiped some sweat from her forehead and cheek with one of her hands, as she did a faint rumble was heard from her stomach and she looked down on it with a slight blush of embarrasment.

-"...Hehe, i just remembered that i have not eaten since the sun went down yesterday..."

She said and laughed a bit as she rubbed her stomach with one of her hands and looked at Akala with a smile.

-"You don't happen to know where we can find some food around here?"

Ivory

"We have a lot of options, actually," Akala replied with a wide grin.  Now that food had been mentioned, she wouldn't mind a bit to eat either...  While there were many options on the island, she had very little with her -- but, they were not far from a village, where there would surely be fish, meat, and gathered fruits and vegetables for them to sample.

"What is it you like to eat?" she wondered curiously, unsure if her new friend would share the diet of her people.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh right, my kind's diet is mostly meat and fruits. I found theese wierd fruits earlier today they it had a green top and a brown yellowish skin, it was hard to eat but the inside of it were really sweet and tasty."

She excitedly explained and smiled widely making some shapes with her hands to show how the fruit she talked about was shaped. She looked towards Akala with a smile before catching herself in her excitement and blushing some before looking to the side a bit.

-"Ah well yeah i like meat and fruits..."

She said and scratched the back of her head slightly as she looked towards the ground before another faint rumble came from her stomach which made her blush a bit more.

Ivory

Akala laughed out loud and nodded.  Oh, she knew just the fruit...and, apparently, it was a rather popular choice with those who weren't natives.

"There is a village there," she said, pointing inland with an off-handed gesture, where, among the trees, just the tip of a few wooden roofs were visible.  Without knowing what to look for, someone might miss the tiny indication of civilization altogether!  "It's been some time since I've been there, but I'm sure they'll have plenty of food to share.  And they'll be curious to meet you as well!"  Akala was, in no way, a unique example of her species; most were just as open and friendly as she.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira looked at Akala when she laughed and raised an eyebrow when she laughed but it seemed to not be a bad thing and did not mind it. When Akala pointed towards the woods she catched a glimpse of the wooden roofs that just ever so slightly came up over the tree tops.

-"Wow... it's easy to miss those"

She said as she rose a bit from the ground and looked at the rooftops, She lowered herself and looked at Akala when she spoke about the food and people.

-"You sure they won't mind sharing their food?"

She asked and looked at Akala with a slightly worried expression.

Ivory

"Why should we mind?" Akala wondered, surprised at the question.  After all, her people shared everything...  They were a true community, setting no one member above the rest.  Those who needed food received it; those who were in need of lodgings were offered it.  How else would things be done?

It dawned on her, suddenly, that she had heard something once about the traders who sometimes came to the coast...  She had had little interaction with them herself, but there were rumors...

"I think I understand," she said, looking thoughtful.  "You are from a place where you do not share everything.  Correct?  A place where a person keeps things for herself without regard to any around her."  It was a baffling concept, to be sure!

Scythe-Nova

-"Well not exactly but i have been traveling through a lot of places where it's like that, so i kinda thought that was normal for humans.. but i guess i was wrong"

She said with a smile and laughed slightly while looking at Akala with a slightly embarassed expression, Her coils under her twisted a bit as she felt embarassed for judging the book for it's cover. But it was true Sajira had traveled through many places where you needed money to do anything, It was similar to her home but there were no money there but instead you traded items or in some cases jewels since they were so abundant in her home country.

-"Sorry about that..."

Ivory

Akala shrugged lightly.  "Why apologize?"  She laughed.  "I have never been outside of Yoreiq, but I've heard rumors from those who have met traders."  And the concept was a puzzling one!

"Here, we are one.  Hunters gather meet, and gatherers pick fruit and berries.  All is given to the community, and we share it together.  When you leave, you will want for nothing."

Well, they were a simple people and had only simple things to offer -- but all they had would be given freely to their guest.

Scythe-Nova

-"Huh... well i sounds like a very nice community..."

She said with a slight smile as she looked out at the ocean while tilting the head, She looked back at Akala with a smile and then looked towards the jungle.

-"By the way, on my way to theese islands i saw some mountains that there was smoke coming out of, is that something usual around here?"

She asked and looked at Akala as they moved along the sand.

Ivory

Akala looked rather surprised.  "You do not have a volcano where you come from?"  She simply took it for granted that it was a common occurrence; it was, after all, something she had grown up with.  Should the volcano ever stop throwing up smoke and lava, it would be a day for concern.

"The volcano is where the Goddess lives," she answered brightly.  "There was a dance to calm her spirit a week ago, and it seems she liked the offering."  Akala chuckled quietly, apparently rather pleased.  "You can always tell when she is angry; she spits out fire!"

Scythe-Nova

-"Volcanoes eh?..."

She said and looked slightly uppwards and seemed to think a bit before Akala continued her talk and she listened, She nodded as she listened to Akalas explanation of the volcano.

-"So it's a sacred place for your people? My people have such a place but our sacred place is a very deep pond in the center of the palace, it's said that two of our ancestors still live in the the ponds deep waters"

She explained and looked into the sky and seemed to see the pond in front of her as if she was back home, she had never seen the ancestors that her father said lived in the pond but she had heard many tales about them.

Ivory

"Your ancestors live in the water?"  Akala pursued, her surprise clear.  She wouldn't say it out loud, but that seemed rather silly and irresponsible of them!  "What do you do if you need their guidance?  Do you have to make a pilgrimage?"

Imagine, having to travel somewhere just to ask your ancestors a question or to request guidance or a blessing!

Scythe-Nova

-"Welll.. i don't know about that so much but there is a ritual the head priest does when the full moon reflects on the surface of the large pond the Ancestors live in"

She explained and looked out at the sea with a distant gaze and then back at Akala with a slight smile.

-"I have heard that it is one of the few times one get to see and talk to the Ancestors, Though if what my father told me is true our ancestors do not communicate as we do so only the head priest and the royal house can understand them"

She explained further and smiled slightly as she remembered the times when her father told her of the majestic beauty of the ancestors of the pond, But as she had not been through her pilgrimmage she were not allowed to meet with the ancestors as was tradition.

Paradox

It had been nearly a week since Ha'aheo had come swimming around Yoreiqi shores. Though he had been tempted to steal from Kai and the hunters, Ha'aheo had made a 'promise' to Akala (something he still wasn't quite sure that he understood) that he would stop. And he certainly had! He was ever so kind to move his usual hunting grounds to another spot further down the shoreline and steal from another group of hunters from another village! Akala had never said he couldn't do that!

Now, Ha'aheo found himself bored again and wandering back to the last place he'd seen Akala. They never met in the same place, but he knew the general area now in which he could find her and would pass by every few days to see if he could spot her. He was still a little hesitant to leave the water without seeing her first. He was sure that the hunters would probably try to kill him without her around to tell them otherwise.

From the shallows where he swam lazily, he spied the human and a strange creature that was familiar to him yet not. Ha'aheo hated snakes. Hated them, but this creature that slithered alongside Akala was more than snake. It looked snake and human. He'd heard stories about them from other sharks. Naga and Mersharks were generally not on good terms with each other.

"Hrrrrn." Ha'aeho blew angry bubbles in the water and shifted his shape to his human form and , on rather naked and somewhat wobbly legs, he followed after the Akala and the snake lady. What if the snake lady got hungry and tried to digest Akala ? Bad, bad snake! He would not let that happen!

The women might have heard Ha'aheo stumbling down the beach behind them or perhaps not! Females, Ha'aheo noticed (and especially among humans) were sometimes oblivious when they got chatty!  "Akala!" Ha'aheo called out after them. What was Akala thinking? Snakes were bad, bad, bad! Ha'aheo wanted to bite the snake and make it go away so it couldn't hurt his friend.

ooc: Woo! A craptastic post from me! I posted though, so rejoice!

Ivory

Akala simply stared at the other woman, her eyes filled with a sadness that seemed to touch her very soul.  She was not accustomed to feeling sad about many things...but not being able to speak to one's ancestors seemed, well, like losing a part of herself.  "I am so, so sorry," she began, then, but was unsure how to continue.

Fortunately, she didn't have to.  A familiar voice interrupted them, then, and Akala half-turned, sad expression lightening one to immediate recognition and joy.  "Hello, Ha'aheo!" she called with a cheerful wave, no different than her usual one.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira looked at Akala in slight confusion when she saw the expression she made and also the fact that she said sorry it made no sense to her, the Ancestors were there to remind of the past and give advice to select few people.

-"Oh don't b-?"

She were interuppted by a voice from behind them and she looked back and a supprised expression crept upon her face, She gazed back at Akala who seemed to know the man and she could feel her muscles relax from the supprise.

-"A friend of yours?"

She asked Akala and looked at her with a slight smile while she shifted her coils so that she "Stood" Comfortably, She looked the man over with a curious gaze and took in his visage and there were some rosy colour on her cheeks as she got lower but it did not seem like the nudity disturbed her much.

Paradox

"Akala, hello." Ha'aheo mimicked the human greeting, something he had picked up from her over the course of his many visits to the Yoreiqi islands. As he drew near the woman, however, his gaze shifted to Sajira and he growled. It wasn't an entirely friendly sound either. He pointed at her, " Who that? " He didn't wait for Akala to answer before he snarled, "No eat Akala, bad snake!"

ooc: It's short, but lol.

Ivory

Akala blinked in absolute confusion, half-turning to look at Sajira curiously.  Eat her?  Sajira obviously was not making any aggressive or threatening gestures (but, then again, Akala wasn't the best judge of that!)

"She isn't trying to eat me, Ha'aheo," Akala answered most cheerfully, already reaching into her belongings in search of Ha'aheo's loin cloth.  She was always prepared for an encounter with the mershark these days!  "This is my new friend Sajira.  Sajira, this is my friend Ha'aheo.  Sajira is traveling.  She's new to the Islands."

Scythe-Nova

-"... It's amazing how many assume that i eat people.. Anyway i don't eat anything that talks"

Sajira looked at the strange man and crossed her arms under her chest and tilted her head slightly before looking at Akala who semed to search through her bag and she looked a bit curious as to what Akala was searching for but her gaze set upon Akala's chest and she blushed slightly.

-"... Pleased to meet you"

She said in a friendly manner and nodded slightly in a greeting gesture towards Ha'aheo.

Paradox

Ha'aheo looked confused suddenly. The snake creature was not going to eat Akala? How strange! Even so, he still didn't trust Sajira and growled at her softly when she claimed that she was pleased to meet you . "Ha'aheo no please! Ha'aheo..."

His attentions were distracted when Akala pulled out the cloth she always made him wear whenever he came ashore. He wrinkled his nose at it and then took it from her. He was confident that he'd put it on correctly this time! He had watched her do it quite a few times now.

"Hrrrn...Ha'aho know." He dressed himself and he actually did it right. At least Akala had managed to teach him something that stuck!  "See?" He told her proudly.

Then he stepped closer to Akala and said in a voice that was 'whisper-like' but far too loud to be a whisper, "Ha'aheo worry for Akala. Walk with bad snake. Bad!"

ooc: My character is just...

I'm sorry. lol .