Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

For Chaos, Behind the Scenes
Senka The Whisper

I'm sure she would have something to do with this war, after all it's one of her pastimes to instigate war in a country to further her web over the world.

Rhindeer

I'mma toss in some peeps because I totally forgot to! xDDD

For Connlaoth
Faolán Ruane (soldier)
Siobhan Abel (Knight of the White Lily)

For Mages
Branwen Carroll (she's a spy type!)

My other characters are pending for plotty reasons, because I honestly have no idea what direction they'll go in. xD

Undecided
Beatrid Al'teir (Mordecai, very "by the book", hates magic, but doesn't blame the people.)
Alexander Beringer (retired soldier, against magic but doesn't believe the people are evil.)
Tessa Sommer (marked mage, but she believes magic is evil and is pretty passive and accepting of her lot in life; she believes it's wise and good for mages to be marked for the protection of others.)
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Winters-Feather

.. ya know I need to get her back into action so why not? I have to update her profile, but aye ^.^;

For Mages
Wisp

Brisinger987

For Mages
Kirnar-xordir (Kirnardaz sharing Xerordir's body)

For the power and chaos and souls of deceased mages! And cause mages are easily shown dark powers. And he wants more dark magic in the world.

TheHighwayman

Let's see here...

For mages: Drin Atrek (for profit, contacts, the potential to eliminate an effective hiding place for his demonic quarry, and some good old-fashioned fire-balling). I should note that Drin's magic is only half diminished by Mordecaism (as his power comes half from his own magic and half from the demon he sold his soul to, and Mordecaism only works on mortal magics, right?) and thus might be worth having along despite the difficulty to control him...

For Connlaoth: Soevak Ret (hates mages, and it's always good to make a profit)

Also, against whichever side they should happen to witness committing undue cruelty to innocents: Lerrok (if he ever heads back to Connlaoth) and Thriv (however useless he might be). The first two would likely be willing to commit to the cause (as far as an assassin and a maniac can commit to anything...), but Lerrok and Thriv would likely only get involved in specific circumstances.

visualspice

Holy-moly crappa posts all in one day 8D

<3 pretty cool so many people are taking an interest in the war. I'll be getting some more organized visuals and thread links and the like updated here in a bit to show case more of what's currently going on in the war and stuff so hopefully I'll have (just one page, not a thread) where people can go back to as ref for this thing~ (like I want to make a time line and maybe a Connlaoth map or something) then a base character list and roles being played. etc

And maybe toss out a few open threads to get some more people into the war.
But yeah, should be fun XD

Right now there's no real open thread,s just invite only, so you have to PM me to join them but again, I'll try to get this more organized soon :T

As a side note, I don't want any super-duper powerful characters just um, you know, rolling on in to tank over my carefully plotted political war strategies XD cause despite there seeming like there's two sides to this war, it's really a grey war (meaning no real determined battles, because most battles will end up on accident which will make things escalate in the end)
and I don't expect there to be a victor in the end.  Like, Connlaoth going back to how it was, and not under strict laws would be the most hopeful and realistic goal for everyone by the time things are all said and done.

VICTORY TO ONLY THOSE IN PAIN. TEARS AND BLOOD

XD

and so to make this straight now- this is a war to help stop the OPPRESSION (or if you're heartfully for Connloath, supporting it), so I'm hoping they'll be more politicians joining the ranks, more home town soldiers keeping the riots down, stuff like that, cause just fyi- that's all that's going on. The war is more of a bunch of riots that will probably go seriously wrong, especially if some of the mages that band together get more organized and fight back.

THIS IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL WAR (considering the military is the only organized force, and the mages, though organized in small packs, really aren't banded together yet so yeah...)
Imagine like people throwing rocks at a mountain side.
That's pretty much what I'm going for for the mages 8D

B| for now

so yeah, only a few epic battles will probably be fought, and those are a long time coming (but oh ho ho, won't those be fun!) And sadly, I'm seeing those as probably miscommunications. You know, whole towns decimated over the wrong bits of information and misinterpretations XD should be fun!

*rubs hands together* now, people posting here with interests, if you got ideas, don't hesitate to PM me. I've got pages of ideas of carefully plotted out roles and stuff so yeah, can't wait to read what you all got :D

and be patient, I'm just one person organizing a war and I've already go ta handful of threads tossed about that are pulling strings on the war in certain directions so yes my precious.. PM me your ideas if you got 'em XD

oh.. and please, please, please read all of my ramblings for the plotting of this war >.> I've dedicated like months to the preplanning of this thing so yeah XD if you're interested, please know the back story. And if you're interested in reading more, some of the more extensive history are in my character profiles.

MORE TO COME SOON ^^

Oh and my character catalog (second page) has a bit more ideas/characters of my own that are personally involved (or could be) in the war thread so yeah, don't hesitate to check that oooout as well XD

-the spice
(who is rambly! so sorry if this is long winded, hoping to get things more organized so I can make sure everyone is on the same page XD )

*ramble,ramble,ramble,excited*
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Crap, there are a lot of characters and posts involved with this.

So be patient with me while I try to make this more organized 8D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Brisinger987

On the super-powerful note, Kirnarordir is not too powerful. He has a limitless supply of demon energy, but he is still mortal.

Winters-Feather

Yeaaah, I looked at his app. Come on, that's really,really powerful XDXD. Prince, possessing all sorts of powerful magic, and you don't consider that super powerful?

THAT SAID

I think there should be some that are allowed. at least considered. in a world like this, its only natural that some people like that exist. some. That also being said, you'd have to carefully mod that... in any case something to consider.

Brisinger987

Ok, fairplay, but he doesn't have to do any fighting. He could just run interference. Just be a nuisance.

Ok, I concede a point, I don't see a reason to include him, but Torak is there. That's good enough.

visualspice

yeah, case and point XD
hence why I keep none of my supa important threads labeled as 'open' 8D
*is so cool like that*

visualspice

The wip war ref page is located here. Post any questions here or PM me. Though I'm busy so replies will take some time. I'll be adding the character section soon~ :3

visualspice

Heads up, I'm going to pretty much keep a closed door to any super powerful god-like characters at this time. However, you can always PM me and who knows, we might be able to make a plot with it, but for now, I really want to keep powerful characters hands out of the cookie jar on this one :T  Just.. I didn't make this thread for power housers >.>  It's a war for drama D:

I've already got complicated back stories that have been in the works involving all sides on this as far as the main villains and antagonists are concerned, so I don't need any characters like that at this time.

What I *am* looking for, are what I listed in the initial posting- Soldiers, ordinary people's who's lives would be affected, nobles, mages, the poor and repressed, etc. And I really prefer them to be Connlaothain, but hey, they don't have to be- but please, to keep this realistic and withint he scope of the plans I've been working on for like.. the last half year, just officially posting it that's how the threads will roll. It's not a world war XP So if your character would be realistically in Connlath during this time, hey, I'm game for it XD

X3

Hope that helps people who are interested in deciding what type of character to toss this way.
Sorry if it was confusing at all >.>
The reference page is up, though not complete. I (somewhat) have a listing of characters, however, I will only add characters to the reference page that are ACTIVELY threading. So if I forgot yours, poke me >.>

The factions section should be up by tomorrow~ and hopefully the rest of this will be polished enough to be done soon.  Please note, these factions have already been created, so not looking to really add here~ (except maybe sub catagories once they're up!)
:T

I will (hopefully) have a few ideas for some extra threads for those still interested in plotting~
My main focus for what I need are more mages (not gods or the like, actual CONNLOATHIAN born and raised and mistreated) mages to be on Kathania and Jinai's side, supporting the cause for a better life for them

D: I needs them gives thems to me *demands with a stompy foot*

We DO have active soldier threads, so again, if you want one of those types or have a mordecai, I'VE GOT THREADS OR THREAD IDEAS FOR YOU

for all the rest, I have no real ideas (or need) on threads at this time :|
but PM me anyways~ though plotting right now with me will be slow as I'm focusing on my current threads and getting the war reference stuff up and organized so people can join in and know what hte heck I've been planning X3  I know I have a few PMs to look at and will either later today or tomorrow~

visualspice

ugh, and I'll get the story section up at some point today or tomorrow, too 8D
So people have a bit of the backstory in a (concise format) though there is a more thorough description in the first few posts of this thread.

visualspice

Another character to add to the mix. He'll go where the women and money are ;D
Meet Krah, 'God of War'.

Klezmer Gryphon

Well, I suppose Boski will have to wait for some other giant event to happen. I do, however, have two other characters that could be potentially affected. One lives in Connlaoth ( Jy'aad), while the other one lives in La'Marri ( Liarri), both are mages, although I'm not quite sure how Liarri would be involved if she lives in L'Marri....

visualspice

Duuuuuude, fox! I just got a cool idea for your character Jy'aad! What if he was in the middle of discovering an ancient pathway or some ancient city beneath Connlaoth that could either be used as part of an escape route for mages trying to flee the country, or could end up being used as a safe haven, all the while this ancient, under ground city/tomb or whatever it is creates it's own set of adventures as well~ Like it could start off as him working on it, but the funding gets cut or halted due to war efforts and around the same time, he could run into trouble when some other mage character(s) (to be determined who) are trying to flee the major cities in order to avoid going to the mage camps. Something like that would be totally cool! Not sure if you'd be game for the idea, but maybe others might see this idea and can tact their thoughts/ideas/characters to it, too? and i'm thinking it'd be a hush-hush sort of thing so yeah- SECRET ARCHAEOLOGICAL ESCAPE ROUTE AND ADVENTURE XD

I could see one of my characters like Gherrick, Jinai or Katahnia getting involved here, but I'd have to contemplate who :T 

visualspice

@ Scythe- hey I know I PMed you about Senka and Blaith possibly being in a thread, but what about Krah/Senka instead (or as well)? She might be able to help get him up to the status I'd like to see him become famous for as 'God of War' (she could help fuel his ego as he rises to the top). Or we could do both, ho hum- I've got a lot of ideas on this, I'll PM you later with some more stuff or PM me back if you have anything/ more ideas you'd like to toss my way~
Krah would be sooo easy to manipulate, especially if Senka is like, hot (lol)

but yeah, XD let me know what you think.

Nascent

First, a bit of appropriate music. Ahhhh... much better. ^_^

FOR CONNLAOTH, er, MAGES... FOR WHOEVER IS INTERESTING!
Like a carrion bird, Mephisto knows that war is a feast of opportunity. Publicly he and his troupe would be mere actors, civilians occasionally caught up in the turmoil of struggle. Privately, his usual modus operandi means he could be courting ambitious persons on one or both sides with devilish deals and tempting corruptions... perhaps even secretly the faction leaders themselves, if so interested. His... "gifts" could turn the tide at a critical moment, for example. PM me if you're interested / have ideas.

FOR MAGES! (and FOR PROFIT!)
A wise leader once said that "an army marches on its stomach". While true, it can also be said an army marches on its money. 8)
Kassom Sercha could serve the resistance faction as a scout or spy for the right price... but his real goal is to accrue the intel necessary to pull of a heist that would make him a legend: raid the grand treasury of Reajh. The resistance might be interested in his aims, since bankrupting their opponent would put his ability to supply and arm the armies of Connlaoth in a real pickle. Or, as Sun Tsu put it: "Hence a wise General makes a point of foraging  on the enemy. One cartload of the enemy's provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own..."
Cordell and her crew of ghost pirates could serve the resistance well as privateers, raiding Connlaothian supply and merchant ships and supporting any naval assaults, should any be planned. Supply her and her crew with Connlaothian pistols, rifles, and cannons and you can be guaranteed these buccaneers'll fly your colors gladly.

Additionally, I'm playing with the idea of an unaligned character of an enigmatic and mass-murdering disposition stepping up to take credit for the mage killings that started the war. Just wanted to toss that out there to get a feel for people's thoughts on the idea.

On any character, post or PM to let me know if you're interested or have ideas! ;D