Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Hey, Spice, I finally have a non-powered character to enter the war!

Please welcome, the one, the only...
*Drum roll*

BRIE SINGER, CHEESEMAKER.

She is a mage supporter, and is pretty much useless, but she will be fun to play....

Paradox

visualspice

Awww, cheesy characters are great 8D
Pun intended.
But yeah, her dog is dying makes for sad though ;o;

Should be fun seeing what sorts of things she ought to do to help :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Brie Singer! I love that so much I could eat it.

Maybe she could smuggle things to the mages in big wheels of cheese?

Nam

Not sure where exactly this character fits. He's afraid of magic so that might place him in the "For Connloath!" section but he's no fighter either so maybe "Stuck in-between" would be better?

Anyway, I'm applying my only character "William Galahad". He's in my signature. He's pretty much just an ordinary boy who lives in Matron's Hallow with his parents. He aspires to be a knight like his father. I'm guessing this Civil War could really help give this character purpose; perhaps his father dies fighting mages, which then turns his fear of them into anger and hatred. Honestly, I don't see him doing much other than hiding in fear under furniture, but this event serves as a good catalyst to put him in the right path.

Nascent

... Or the 'slightly crazy path' perhaps. I has an idea you may like. ;D

Let's roll with your story for William as you have it, but add in a role model of sorts. Will's anger and hatred of mages sounds like a square match for one of my civil war characters, the illustrious (read: psycho) Knight of the White Lily Kasna Vel Telshear. If you're interested in getting his story off to a rolling start we could set up a thread shortly after his father's death where he and Kasna meet, with her likely having been sent to hunt and slay the renegade mages responsible. He may not be much of a warrior (yet), but he could hardly ask for a better role model than a White Lily Knight and, if so inclined, Kasna could certainly make use of him as her squire, making him a knight-in-training under her tutelage. (Not a Knight of the White Lily, of course -- all female order of Adharas and all -- but she could still teach him the ways of knighthood and combat).

Sound interesting?

Aaaaaaalso...

I have a proposal, mateys!

I'd like to set up a thread to get Cordell and her crew into the mix with the civil war, but I need a few people with mages and/or mage sympathizer characters to help me out. The scenario I propose is this: Connlaoth has rounded up a large number of mages and sympathizers and is preparing to transport them by boat to a holding camp where many will face either execution or experimentation by Mordecai operating under the auspices of the church. Marked mages may or may not be amongst their number, and everyone on board will be under Mordecai guard. If possible I'd like one or two people willing to have their characters as captives on board.

Of course, you can rest assured that a certain ghost ship with red sails will be intercepting the prison ship en route. ^_^

Anyone interested?

visualspice

It might be interesting for Gherrick to run in and help aid the pirates, since he's a robin-hoodish pirate himself in Connlaoth, more or less doing the same/similar thing since the war started (but I have yet to actually get HIM involved in the war, he's just prancing around in a pre-war thread and an after-war thread) so yeah >.>
That might be something~ :3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Sign Valentina up for the mages ^^
I'll be reading all the information now, so I can fit in with the story..

visualspice

she looks fun XD
I'll have to look more thoroughly into her profile later~
for now.. *zooms off to appointment*

Paradox

Possibly? Which character might this be, Beastie? x3

Paradox

Riiiiiiight. How about Urtok? He's from Connlaoth as well and probably more hunted than ever for being a monster. D:

I was thinking that perhaps Urtok may want to go rescue some mages that were taken from his town. xD He doesn't like his human servants being stolen away from him! Especially not the lady who makes him tasty sweets!

If that's a bit too silly for you, I'd understand ! 

visualspice

Quote from: Listen, beastie! on July 28, 2013, 01:11:35 AM
No, that's totally fine. Although if we put those two characters together who knows what silliness would befall poor Connlaoth.
Poor, poor Connlaoth.

Paradox

Quote from: Listen, beastie! on July 28, 2013, 01:11:35 AM
No, that's totally fine. Although if we put those two characters together who knows what silliness would befall poor Connlaoth.

Quote from: visualspice on July 28, 2013, 06:34:52 AM
Poor, poor Connlaoth.

Who cares!? They had it coming! Especially the pigeons! *shakes a hairy fist with a vengeance!*

If you'd like me to start a thread, Beastie, it might take a day or two! I don't mind doing so, but I'm slow with those types of posts (usually) !

Urtok is from Hellvion , but he's so....dumb he'd probably wander around and easily get lost just about anywhere. >> Very flexible character. I promise there will be no library prisons involved this time! That's about all I can promise you, sadly.

Suppose we could discuss things further in PM! If you haz ideas, let me know!

Also, if there are other losers awesome monsters (or sad little people who have the AWESOME misfortune of being tangled up in this) who with to join our noblest OF QUESTS, I welcome you! Come, my children ! Let us save the SWEETS SORCRESS OF LANGUISH TOGETHER! *cackles*

Paradox

If I might make a suggestion, Spice...

When you're not as busy, I think it might be helpful to add some more specific dates to the timeline.

Example ? Under Pre-war years...why not use labels like Year 1 , Year 2 , Year 3 etc. and then list the pre-war events under them? This will help give everyone a better idea of what is happening when.

I'm not talking about EXACT dates here since this could be more difficult to work out, but rather an estimation. Like Mid-winter of year 1 or something like that.

Anyway, it's just a thought! Thanks for reading!

visualspice

I didn't want to make things too specific outside of which section of the war years a thread resides to keep timeline flexibility.  But all threads are at least in chronological order! I'll consider this though for. when I have more free time.

Lion

For the Church/Connlaoth/Anti-mage
Add: Mercuxio Rastognlir

For the Mages (possibly)/For himself
Add: Jude Armand

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown