Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

I'm not sure who made the map, I just edited the original to ensure it had the right duchies listed on it~ I think it was Tally? But I agree. Whoever made the original did a nice job ^_^

I'll post here once I get the info page nice and updated :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The info page is 'updated' though not complete. Trying to smooth out and beautify the new layout (links included) and get some more of the information that's missing up to date~

Also, if anyone sees anything missing, let me know! I know I'm in the middle of fixing a few things, but if I haven't fixed it now, it might be good to remind me so I don't forget!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Ok! Getting the info page a bit more updated today; and realized I might need a fix a few things XD
(and also wanted to take the time to advertise a few others!)

Anyways!
Loosh, I noticed Paradox's post in 'Gliding All Over' makes note that Calent is already the Grand Duke in this thread. I assumed this thread happened well before that, but I'm fine to change it's position on the time line. I just need to know where it would fit so I can place it in the right spot XD
So just let me know <3

Also, I made a post for Blaith Harmond; so for those interested in interacting with him and plotting, please read up on his thread Talking to Mirrors and let me know what your ideas are so we can plot! Possibilities would be: someone to side with him or find out his secrets about his powers; and/or a potential engagement since Blaith is not wed (though the reason he is not wed is due to his magics. If he tried to touch a woman (let alone, bed them) he'd more or less kill them~ So yeah.. some interesting ideas could be played here! (Nascent, maybe one of yours? I noticed you posted a lot of ideas that haven't come to fruition yet ^_^ )

Also Feirja, Ajhfeld, Vythe and Stonehill are all Duchies still open and ready for plottings!
I'd also be up to plot some things for the new ruler of Allar, though I have a few ideas inside my head, so we shall seeeeeee. Paradox mentioned, Loosh, you might be interested in Vythe? So let me know!

Allar plannings would have to involve either a relations with Calent's visor, Vesrik, or a family related to the Allarrick's who would be next in line to take over the Allarian duchy (though again, my brain is slowly bubbling over this, so I might have a new character to throw in the mix for this- but I'm still up to hearing ideas!)
Audrix Molneux might be an idea! *elbows vries encouragingly*

I'm also up for plottings with my courtesan 'mage spy' character: Renna.
I need a royal or some high standing socialite to 'purchase' her; or become one of her many patrons for future plots!

Also to encourage more dukes and lesser nobles to play, there might be a 'masked' ball, or some sort of elite party event held at some time for fun. But yeah, keep tossing ideas my way so we can formulate more fun :D

And as usual, I'm always up for plottings so long as the idea works into the civil war :3
Again, my list of available characters here are as follows:
Aella, Calent, Melora, Serenus, Killian, Dekka, Katahnia, Zannrick, Leif, Renna, Valia, Jinai, Trest, Blaith, Kella, Krah, Gherrick, Draven.
*All characters are listed in links in my sig.

Ivory

Audric is throwing a little temper tantrum, because he doesn't want to be a Duke!  (And he's seriously like the only person ever to say that!)  However, if Calent so commands it, all he can really do is whine pathetically!  <3

And he is oh so pathetic!

I, however, find the idea hilarious, because watching Audric try to navigate Court would be a treat!  And also Calent could turn the tables on him and start nagging him about wives!  Poor Audric!  *cackle*

visualspice

yessssssss, these plottings must occur <3
bwahaha
plus there are clearly not enough 'lime light' moments for him! We needs more Audric!
And a woman to throw at him to be the 'bus that runs him over' >:3
*plotty plots-plots*

Brisinger987

If Jinai is open, perhaps her and Sophia can thread, and she can mistake her for Torak, stealing her mark or something?

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on August 27, 2013, 08:04:21 AM
If Jinai is open, perhaps her and Sophia can thread, and she can mistake her for Torak, stealing her mark or something?

Jinai is always open since she is my most flexible character of the war XD
She also has the most threads (because of this XD I'd presume)
Or she's just that awesome
B|

but wait, how would she be mistaken for Torak? XD
Do they look that much alike or something?

Brisinger987

They're twins, both wear black, and both teleport and use Katana style weapons xD

Yeah, nearly identical

Looshi

Quote from: visualspice on August 27, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

Loosh, I noticed Paradox's post in 'Gliding All Over' makes note that Calent is already the Grand Duke in this thread. I assumed this thread happened well before that, but I'm fine to change it's position on the time line. I just need to know where it would fit so I can place it in the right spot XD
So just let me know <3

Whoops! That may have been a mistake. I didn't catch that on the first read. But yes, the thread is meant to be set before the war, like where you had it.

QuoteAlso Feirja, Ajhfeld, Vythe and Stonehill are all Duchies still open and ready for plottings!
I'd also be up to plot some things for the new ruler of Allar, though I have a few ideas inside my head, so we shall seeeeeee. Paradox mentioned, Loosh, you might be interested in Vythe? So let me know!

I'm interested in one of the duchies, yes. Not Vythe in particular, but since a major plot happening happened there, I'm willing to take it because you may need someone for plot things! (And plus it would be pretty interesting, either way).

visualspice

Yeah, Vythe has a lot going on (with the fall of Havanlaar and what nots) so yeah, let me know if you got any ideas and we's can plots ^_^

Brisinger987

They're pretty much identical Spice, so if you wanna thread, we can?

visualspice

That would be fine, Bris, but what sorts of direction did you want to go with this thread? You said you wanted her to help the mages? Just curious if you had an idea for how and why you'd like her to participate in that~

Ivory

Quote from: visualspice on August 27, 2013, 08:01:47 AM
yessssssss, these plottings must occur <3
bwahaha
plus there are clearly not enough 'lime light' moments for him! We needs more Audric!
And a woman to throw at him to be the 'bus that runs him over' >:3
*plotty plots-plots*

We do need more Audric!  If he becomes Duke of Allar, Calent can always count on having at least one friend to stem the tide of mages and horrible rebellion!  If there's someone interested in becoming Audric's wife (including you!) I would love to plot that out...  <3

Brisinger987

Perhaps a small group of mages hire her to take out a high ranking NPC nobleman? And Khanna needs to take said person out too?

Looshi

Quote from: visualspice on August 27, 2013, 08:24:45 AM
Yeah, Vythe has a lot going on (with the fall of Havanlaar and what nots) so yeah, let me know if you got any ideas and we's can plots ^_^

The only ideas I have right now are for characters! Is it all right that I have the go ahead to work on them, and post them? I'm sure the ideas for other plot things will start to flow as I write.

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on August 27, 2013, 08:42:26 AM
We do need more Audric!  If he becomes Duke of Allar, Calent can always count on having at least one friend to stem the tide of mages and horrible rebellion!  If there's someone interested in becoming Audric's wife (including you!) I would love to plot that out...  <3
Would it be sad if I suggested someone like Melora or Aella or something of the sorts? lol
Though I might need to sleep on ideas for this >:3
(Melora for horrible, awkward flirtings, all the while she'd try to get her daughter married off to him)

Quote from: Brisinger987 on August 27, 2013, 08:46:27 AM
Perhaps a small group of mages hire her to take out a high ranking NPC nobleman? And Khanna needs to take said person out too?
Uh, most mages are too poor for this. Not saying all of them are XD
Just saying I'd have to think on the idea. Most assassinations are 'in house', if you will, through the groups of mages and their supporters. They don't have money to toss around, so more or less, they might have to do this job for free. Though again, I can think on it XD
right now my brain has become mush @_@
I think it's nearly lunch time

Quote from: Looshi on August 27, 2013, 08:53:29 AM
The only ideas I have right now are for characters! Is it all right that I have the go ahead to work on them, and post them? I'm sure the ideas for other plot things will start to flow as I write.
Of course it's fine, the loosh <3 <3 <3 <3
Also, never hesitate to toss me any other ideas if you got any :D

*bounces excitedly*

Ivory

Quote from: visualspice on August 27, 2013, 09:08:10 AM
Would it be sad if I suggested someone like Melora or Aella or something of the sorts? lol
Though I might need to sleep on ideas for this >:3
(Melora for horrible, awkward flirtings, all the while she'd try to get her daughter married off to him)

Just remember how well the flirting with Valia went...  Audric isn't so good with the etiquette thing sometimes!  And he's going to drag out his decision, because he doesn't want to have some dainty noble girl thrust on him for political reasons!  ...Which exactly what is happening!

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on August 27, 2013, 09:15:37 AM
Just remember how well the flirting with Valia went...  Audric isn't so good with the etiquette thing sometimes!  And he's going to drag out his decision, because he doesn't want to have some dainty noble girl thrust on him for political reasons!  ...Which exactly what is happening!

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Though if I make my character Leif's sister a PC character, she might be fun to play and toss his way..
OH such decisions~

Ivory

Quote from: visualspice on August 27, 2013, 09:28:54 AM
Bwahahahahahahahaha. Though if I make my character Leif's sister a PC character, she might be fun to play and toss his way..
OH such decisions~

Even if you don't go that route, I think Leif and Audric should meet in an official capacity, someway or somehow.  I kind of think they'd either get along or really hate each other, but I'm leaning towards the former!

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on August 27, 2013, 09:42:15 AM
Even if you don't go that route, I think Leif and Audric should meet in an official capacity, someway or somehow.  I kind of think they'd either get along or really hate each other, but I'm leaning towards the former!

Leif hates a lot of people, so yeah <3
I'm also debating bringing Edward (of d000000m) into this rp >_>
It would be interesting to bring him in here to play up on his former wife being a mage and him appearing as a mage sympathizer and he has a lot of extra work to do to 'keep' face while raising his daughter by himself, etc while the war is going on. JUST SOME IDEAS

and Loosh, if you don't want Vythe, I think I'm starting to come up with some grand plans for it!