Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

then I should direct you towards the ideas I randomly left you on yahoo messenger, lol.
<3
*is just shameless*
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

I really have no idea what's up with me and engaged ladies xD Anyway, meet Nera Ember, she is paired with Ivory's charrie Audric and will steal info for the mages. Her family is on the mages side secretly, and Nera is their weapon to collect information from the 'other side'... Just wanted to sign her up FOR THE MAGES... <3

visualspice

Just some minor updates!
Once the Treyburn's get finalized, I'll add them to the list and things- but you guys have to put what side of the war they'd be on so I know where to categorize them XD
There is also one space still open for one of the Treyburn kids! If interested, respond to the link listed above :D

ALSO
Just for a heads up to those who care..
This thread has an important event where the Grand Duke is getting married!

ALSO, my latest character, Leif, is also in a new thread with Ivory's Audric doing 'masked mordecai' things!
If you'd like to thread with 'The Masked Mordecai'- let me know XD

He's got two threads, here and here!
But the more the merrier XD

And as usual, I'm only looking for war related dramas for the following (openish) characters with PLOT DRIVEN/ WAR REVOLVING posts :3

Jinai- available for scouting, spying and seducing. She's good at getting into trouble, whether she was looking for it or not! Currently, she has her face plastered all over Reajh as being a suspect that could link her to the mage killer.

Renna- a courtesan for sale! She can be your companion, or your spy! Up for all sorts of plots where this can be used :3 She's currently for sale for the highest bidder to have her first night! And as all courtesans are; more 'companions' to have; or.. even just some more friends!

Blaith- looking for some dark and powerful woman to be a companion for him- but not powerful in magic rather than politics. Someone with a similar agenda, or even one of her own! Would be interesting to start an uprising of dark mages here~

Grand Duke Calent- seeking a possible female character to end up figuring out the secret monster lying dormant within the Grand Duke.. and perhaps someone to give Calent a run for his money who can also help break him out (just a bit) from his stuffy shell.
He is also up for political threads!

And here's just another listing reminder of other characters I rp who have potential for some more war related thread activities:

Killian , General Serenus , Duchess Melora and her daughter, Aella , Valia , Dekka , Katahnia , Zannrick , Krah , Odessa, Kella .

*All links available in my signature~

*All of the civil war art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

QuoteGrand Duke Calent- seeking a possible female character to end up figuring out the secret monster lying dormant within the Grand Duke.. and perhaps someone to give Calent a run for his money who can also help break him out (just a bit) from his stuffy shell.
He is also up for political threads!

So, just going to drop this in here somewhat randomly, but my girlfriend is currently working on a new character that might be good for this. She has some fun ideas on how to make interactions between them interesting, starting with her character stealing something from the Grand Duke and getting caught. Still working out details, but wanted to drop this in here to "save the spot" as it were. Will post again when her new character is ready. ^_^

visualspice

He'd be the most upset if she stole his tax papers he worked so diligently on to perfect <3
but yes, sounds good XD
Glad to generate interest from both you guys :D

and I know I owe you a post, Nascent >_>
I'm not sure if Rhi will be joining the thread or not, but I think I'll keep posting and if she wants to join later when she's got less craziness going on, maybe she can hop in laters~!

kleineklementine

I'd like to throw in Avery Carwick, heir to the Duke of Wulfbauer into the mix for the traditionalists/Connlaoth. I'll try to follow up with some plot ideas after I've had some more sleep!

visualspice

Quote from: kleineklementine on September 16, 2013, 11:03:13 AM
I'd like to throw in Avery Carwick, heir to the Duke of Wulfbauer into the mix for the traditionalists/Connlaoth. I'll try to follow up with some plot ideas after I've had some more sleep!

Cool! I'll be sure to (try) to update the noble's roster today! (or at least this week >_>)

visualspice

I'd like to update the info page at some point within the upcoming week, so any one with new threads that need added to the timeline, please mention so here so I can keep tabs on it. I'll need a thread link, the time/ year it takes place during the war, and a brief summary of the threads events.

Also, any characters that need added to the roster, please make mention here as well so I can be sure I haven't forgotten anything.

- the spice

kleineklementine

Lion and I just started a new thread here: Rising of Tides.

It takes place about a year after "The Waiting Game," or I guess about a year after the slaughter of Havanlaar? Lion's Mercuxio visits the camp where Olive is detained to hear the confessions of the mages interred there. Olive uses the confessional to confront the father about the Church's sanction of the injustices going on at the camps. Mercuxio, meanwhile, is secretly there to root out any possible rebellious elements.

P.S. I think at some point there was a vague mention of having a masked ball, and I would like to take this opportunity to voice my support of that idea. XD

visualspice

This is so weird, but I was thinking about that idea just today! We should start looking into it, since there are more nobles and such, it could be a ton of fun! Only details I'd need to.figure out are who is hosting and why. I was actually thinking the Grand Duke would, to be ballsy and to show Connlaoth, he cowers to none. And this could take place to help ease tensions in the political circles and the rich, etc. And make them feel as if things are coming back to normal after the.war begins to.rear its head.
'What's that?! Mages are rebelling and freeing some of those in the camps? Afraid to step outside, don't be! Show your pride and support for your country... And maybe the ball is also some sort of a.means of a war fund raiser? I could alsosee Grand Duke Allarrick's wife being a huge helping hand in orchestrating this, and who knows, even her idea.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind hearing more thoughts on this :D

Paradox

I would, sometime in the future (not necessarily now) like to have a thread that involves Calent and Conall going at one another's throats (probably privately? or perhaps it gets bad to the point that they have public 'cat fights' ho ho ho ) to show their opposition of one another (differing viewpoints) since we failed to do this as intended in Political Party.

Again, not pushing for this now ,but I think that sort of thread would be interesting and incredibly relevant to either of their stories.

visualspice

I'm totally for political fights, so I'm game! Hopefully my computer (or at least one of them) will start working soon. Using only my phone to post, and plot, sucks.

Paradox

Conall Shanley is in the middle..  He does lean towards Connlaothian traditionalism ,but doesn't ride the 'let's treat mages like crap, strip away all their basic human rights and toss them into death camps' train either.

Technically though, right now, he cannot be considered on the side of Connlaoth because he opposes Calent (and as I understand it, opposing a grand duke is a form of treason). Or am I mistaken here?   

Edit: This was edited a couple times to make things short 'n sweet.

visualspice

It wouldn't be entirely treasonous, if that makes sense, to oppose him and his ideals, however, with as much favor as Calent has with supporters, it could definitely swing into something that could be potentially manipulated (if you catch my drift). I'd like to assume Connlaoth is a 'bit' more democratic in it's policies, but there is also a war going on, so non-supporters would be greatly shunned and frowned upon. I think it would be treason if it was acted upon, not 'voiced' upon, so there's no reason for another duke not to voice his doubts and concerns and ideals, but if he were to act upon such ones, it turns into an entirely different game.

Hope that makes sense! I finally got my lap top fixed so I'm just so happies *_*
I'm kind of loopy still cause I'm back on pain meds and I can't sleep now (despite being so extremely tired) since I'm waiting for a phone call back from my doctor.

Paradox

I'll discuss this in private with you further when you have time.

visualspice

ok- when my mind can focus more I'll get on messenger. It's hard for me to concentrate on anything that requires multi-tasking when I'm on these pain meds :\

November

This woman Nas said about me making is finally up and done here!. I have a lot of plans for her as it stands with Nas's character Mephisto and possibly stringing alone the Mages with whatever goodies she might obtain from under the Grand Dukes nose. There are a lot of little details, but obviously it depends on whether, to you, she fits the bill at all.

visualspice

I'm slowly doing updates on the info page. So far, the nobles page has been updated.

visualspice

Quote from: Painterlee on October 17, 2013, 01:09:55 PM
This woman Nas said about me making is finally up and done here!. I have a lot of plans for her as it stands with Nas's character Mephisto and possibly stringing alone the Mages with whatever goodies she might obtain from under the Grand Dukes nose. There are a lot of little details, but obviously it depends on whether, to you, she fits the bill at all.

I started reading through her profile and she seems cool. I'll have to plot with you more in length once I'm able to focus more. It's been a bit difficult for me to multi-task since I've been on the mend, then again, this is my second real day of actually doing any 'computer' work, since my computers have also been out of commission- so I'm slowly getting back into the mind set to be able to plot, it just takes me a lot longer than normal to focus on things and I'm just tired a lot. But no worries, I won't forget this character-a nd I'll add her to the war roster once I work on updating that section, which might be as early as tomorrow~

Also, I did read most of the profile, and just out of curiosity so I know what side she is on, it seems she's more in this for herself than any one particular 'side'. Which is totally fine and cool, I just want to make sure I'm on the same page XD
cause it seems she might be the sort to help one side if it benefits her, then swing the other way if she so pleases. Seems interesting, either way! Just let me know so I know what section to label her under.

November

Nah that's fine; take as long as you need to get back on your feet; took me plenty of time to get this gal up in the first place after all XD

Mostly, she's in it for herself, but she'll happily string along any and all sides as she goes. She's in it to worsen the war and she wants to get some major dirt on the Grand Duke. Might hold the Mages 'to ransom' on whatever she might take from him if it could encourage support for them in any way.