Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It's been long over due, but I finally made the Grand Duke's advisor's profile!

Meet the pig of a man right here, folks!
Here's Vesrik Delcheaux~
What. A. Pig.

|:*

Hopefully I'll get around to drawing up an image of him. He's such a rat XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The Time Line page has been updated! If I forgot any threads, please let me know D:
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Is there any space left in this whole fiasco for an Ogre and his company of mercenaries? If so, I'd like to fight on the side of the traditionalists to squish some mages, although it's solely for money. And the squishing.

visualspice

Quote from: DaGlobster on October 23, 2013, 08:30:14 AM
Is there any space left in this whole fiasco for an Ogre and his company of mercenaries? If so, I'd like to fight on the side of the traditionalists to squish some mages, although it's solely for money. And the squishing.

The Info page will have all of the information listed as to what is acceptable and what is not as far as outside ideas for this event. This is not a traditional, fantasy war, but a war designed for politics and family dramas. At this time, I am not accepting ideas for outside fantasy elements, as the war event is purely designed for ideas such as stories revolving: brother v. brother; and more generalized, human vs. human. (and more specifically so, Connlaothian v. Connlaothian, as this is NOT a world war.)

So at this time, as I stated before on some other inquiries earlier in this thread: dragons, ogres, demons, gods and other fantasy creatures looking to become a part of the war is NOT accepted as eligible story elements for this event at this time. More information can be found in the FAQ section on the information page.

Hope this helps :3

-the spice

PS: For those of you craving things not allowed in the civil war event I'm hosting, do not hesitate to start your own ideas for epic wars and things elsewhere. SOTE is an open community for creativity ^_^
So if you want an ogre war or want to see where ELSE an ogre military might be useful, just post something in the plotting section.
:3

visualspice

Quote from: Painterlee on October 18, 2013, 11:59:08 AM
Nah that's fine; take as long as you need to get back on your feet; took me plenty of time to get this gal up in the first place after all XD

Mostly, she's in it for herself, but she'll happily string along any and all sides as she goes. She's in it to worsen the war and she wants to get some major dirt on the Grand Duke. Might hold the Mages 'to ransom' on whatever she might take from him if it could encourage support for them in any way.

Heeey, Painter, I might have some ideas we can work with on this character that'd be fine (but I'm torn over the two ideas in my head XD )
So I'll probably take our plotting to PM~

<3 just letting you know that

but it might take me a few days to get my brain in order x.x
I'm working on a few other plots in the mean time, but wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten! *flails*

Scythe-Nova

Hey Spice i've been trying to contact you for a while now

Maybe we should plot some about Senka's involvement of the war eh?

visualspice

Quote from: Scythe-Nova on October 27, 2013, 09:44:09 AM
Hey Spice i've been trying to contact you for a while now

Maybe we should plot some about Senka's involvement of the war eh?

HEEeeEEy, I see that there 8D

I totally didn't get around to replying to your PM yet, but I'll be sending a reply here shortly. I just have to clean up my inbox since I have 19 pages of PM craziness.

Scythe-Nova

Klezmer Gryphon

Well, I've probably mentioned him a couple of times, but Faolán would more than likely be drawn into the civil war. Given his magical abilities, I think it'd be safe to say he's on the side of the Mages!

visualspice

So I finally got around to posting something up here for plotterings for the masked ball (and others to come!)
Please reply to that thread if you are interested in joining and read all of the rules, first, prior to cluttering up the board with posts~
If you have any questions or concerns, you can always PM me.

-the spice

visualspice

Just tossing yet (another) one of my characters on this page (for the record).
Was having so much fun with Leif and his masked alter ego threads, I figured- heck, it'd be fun to toss his sister into the war plots for some drama (since it's presumed she's dead.. or worse..)

SoooOO,
Meet Attalia Arrant, a presumed dead 'lady' that might be the key to coaxing out some known suspicions that the church is up to 'no good' as far as 'behind the scenes work' on mage experimentations.
Should be fun!

visualspice

As a reminder, those looking to join the Civil war plots, we are always looking for knights and soldiers, elite mordecai, members of the church, mages and their families who might be oppressed, dirty politicians, lesser (and even prominent!) nobles (there's still, I believe, one duchy left to be claimed!) as well as slots still open in the magnificnet Treyburn Family. (click the name, I made it a link!)

For those who've got plans stewing away over this, you can always PM me or post your ideas here ^_^

-the spice

Ivory

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on October 29, 2013, 08:32:35 PM
They are pretty magnificent, aren't they?  :D

Yep! And I'm *trying* not to be a hog in taking a slot, so I'll bide my time XD
Besides, I'm still contemplating 'Edward' but we'll see :T
I have too many characters..
._.

*pokes at pebbles*

OH WELL.

visualspice

Vries! Can you give me a brief summary of the Treyburn's pre-ball thread so I can add it.to the timeline? Thanks!

Ivory

Uh...  I don't think there's any summary that will do the shenanigans justice, Spice!  D:  But let's do this...

The ball is an important event for the Treyburn Family.  This is the first public event at which Braxton will attend with his recently-deceased father's title, and there is no better time for Cherie to make her debut to society.  But keeping the Treyburn Family in line is harder than it looks -- especially when their banished sister Jana is to sneak into the ball beside them.

visualspice

Lol! Well then, that's all I need. When I have a free moment ( which won't be until Sunday probably) I'll add it.to the info page and try to add.the Treyburns to the character section as well.

Ivory

I won't be around Sunday, but you can certainly check with the individual players if you need clarification on their characters!  <3

visualspice

XD Sounds good
If I can't determine 'sides' I'll just poke ppl! With a stick!

visualspice

Like another 'fun noble family'- I've created another (smaller) family with it's own set of quirks.
Meet the Callisters!
Davishire, Davina and 'Dreyton'

*And as usual, I'm always up for plots with my characters, especially political, romance, drama and the likes! So don't hesitate to shoot ideas my way :D
Also, note, 'Dreyton' is just a place holder name for Paradox's character to be XD
I conned him into making a character for me.
Cause I'm just that snazzy!