Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Looking to get in on the Connlaoth Civil War?
I have a fewlot of open characters I'd like to see played in the following sorts of scenarios:

Lady Attalia Arrant- LOOKING FOR LOVE!
As it normally goes with my characters, I love pairing them off for potential romance and things! Currently, the 'assumed dead' Lady Attalia has been rescued by her brother and his masked associate, Audric Molneux, the current Duke of Allar. She's developed a crush on Audric, though he's married (so it's obviously not to be!) 'Attie' is very sweet and head strong, and I wouldn't mind plotting with someone for a potential romance prior to her being taken away from the church, then afterwards. Or even something developing between her and someone new! Got ideas for her? PM me!

Lady Davina Callister- LOOKING FOR SCANDAL! (and a rich chump for a husband!)
Lady Davina is considered a spinster, as she prowls the waters of the upper class like a shark, going from men to men seeking the 'perfect' husband- which means he has to be rich, classy and have status. Picky as she is, she loves to flirt and flaunt herself, and hasn't quite found the right man for her, all the while she's goading her own two brothers to boost their own selves up in society. Got ideas for her? Check out her debut thread 'Queen of Spades' if interested!

Lord Davishire- LOOKING FOR LOVE! (begrudgingly!)
Davishire hates woman, if only because he sees them as little more than bubbly headed bimbos (because most he met, are!) They are tactless and deceitful (just look at his sister!) and he hardly has time for their games! That being said- I'll say this bluntly...
I'm looking to pair him off with a woman he can argue with and, over a long period of time, find out, begrudgingly, that he's in love with her! The only stipulations are that this woman is very refined, perhaps a bit snobbish, and has got a lot of wit and personality- someone that can basically handle a man as intimidating as Lord Davishire of Wellspeer and not completely flinch at his roars! Interested? Don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Lord Edward- LOOKING FOR LOVE!
Edward is completely selfless, putting others first and has mixed views on the war. While he supports his country, he wouldn't think twice about helping anyone in need. His wife died rather recently, and he's trying to cope with the loss while raising their daughter, an infant named Britta (named after his late wife). Interested or got an idea for Edward? PM me!

Looking for People to Spy on? Check out one of these characters!

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick- LOOKING FOR A TAX BREAK! (and true love?)
What's not appealing about trying to find out The Grand Duke's deep, dark secrets? As a man who barely sleeps due to nightmares that plague him, he is completely unaware that, while he is waging a campaign to help eradicate his nation more thoroughly of the mage population, that he himself, is in fact a mage... and the sort of powers he houses are dark and dreadful.

Krah- LOOKING FOR TROUBLE! (and money... and women...)
Having been sought out by the military for his ruthless tactics and mordecai ability, this soldier, who's coined as the 'God of War'; has become quite famous since his 'victory' at Havanlaar, where it was documented he killed over 100 marked mages. I'd be willing to start threads with him involving spies wishing to gain information; but be warned- he's a pig of a man!

Lady Valia- LOOKING FOR TROUBLE! (and a fling?)
As the younger sister to the Grand Duchess (and quite a brat by nature), I'd be willing to entertain a thread with her possibly being swindled by a spy (or even romanced!) Fair warning, she's boy crazy and a bit obsessive with pink!

Vesrik Delcheux- LOOKING FOR TROUBLE!
As the Grand Duke's visor, a role that pre-dates his duties in the capital, Vesrik is a sniveling pig, working behind the scenes (even unbeknowest to the Grand Duke) where he's making money off of selling mages to radical church groups for experimentations, or elsewhere over seas... Though he keeps his secret pretty well concealed, he's a large man, so he leaves large footprints to follow...

Looking for someone to spy with (or spy on your character)? Check out one of these characters!

Jinai Rinstgate- ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A GOOD TIME
Definitely one of my more popular characters, Jinai is a spy, and a very good one. She elects to do the most difficult missions she can, as she has this insatiable driving force to always tempt death. Having no real 'friends', it's difficult for her to ever remain in one place for too long, or with one person. Jinai can adapt to most threads, be they a simple infiltration of a royal party, or something a bit more dangerous. And because Jinai is always looking for a way to escape, you can normally find her, getting high on opiates, with the whores at the local brothels.

Renna- LOOKING FOR A BREAK!
She's a courtesan with the unique ability to 'see' through animals. Meaning, if she connects with a mouse, she can use that animal and spiritually merge with it via her magics and 'see' what the animal sees and 'hear' what the animal hears. It's a lovely gift to have when you're a spy, and on top of that, she's a woman for sale! Looking to give your royal a good time and then have her sneak off with his/her information? Then she's your gal! Also, I might consider threads with her where she's found out as a mage and exposed.

Misc. plot ideas:

Killian Gryst- LOOKING FOR LOVE?
Killian is a new soldier, and I'm up for any threads involving him coping with civilian life v. army duties. I'd even consider throwing love in the mix! He's a young guy and just wants to do what's right, and always dreamed of becoming a soldier- a knight specifically. But he's finding out the meaning of 'Be Careful What you Wish For', as the realities of war are just beginning to set in.

Odessa Flanoa- LOOKING FOR FRIENDS! (maybe love?)
Odessa feels like an outsider, living as an elf in Connlaoth is hard, especially considering the sort of magic she possesses. Fearing that she'll harm others, Odessa is currently reaching out to the church in hopes for a cure... Lest her power flares up again and she destroys another town....

Kella Harmond- LOOKING FOR LOVE!
Looking for love... yes, but it might prove a difficult feat, for Kella is 'cursed' with a sort of magic where, if you touch her for an extended period of time, she'll suck your life force clean out of your body! (In layman's terms? It means yer dead DX)  Kella is sweet and kind, but her brother went off the deep end when he murdered a man by touching him with this life sucking ability, and now he houses this deranged man's memories inside his own. This certain lunatic was in love with his sister, and now, at times, Blaith suffers the same thoughts. She was almost raped by her brother when he had a mental episode, and is now on the run, hoping to find a safe haven of her own.

Blaith Harmond- LOOKING FOR A PARTNER IN CRIME (and maybe some lust!)
Saving the bet for last... Blaith Harmond was the 'trigger' of this war. Having had a mental episode, Blaith managed to by pass the mordecai's power in the capital and killed the former Grand Duke in a massive explosion. I'm currently looking for female character to potentially be his partner... Someone out to gain something from him and corrupt him her own ways. While I'm not looking for her to be powerful in magics, persay, I am looking at a powerful personality, someone that might be a bit crazy and help coax Blaith into doing the next horrible attack of the war...
Also, another fun fact about Blaith..
You can't touch him for very long, or you'll die. Yep. You read correctly, die. So PM me if you got an idea :D
He also has an open thread available here, titled Talking to Mirrors.

ANd as with any of these characters, if you see something and get an idea that might not be listed, PM. What I listed here are just some brief synopsis and ideas I'd like to see played out.

Oh, and since this is a war....

THERE WILL BE BLOOD.
[/size]
And I haven't decided WHICH yet, but definitely a few characters of mine won't survive to see the end of the war. <3 Should be interested to see which!
Anyways, PM me if you got an idea!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Today, ladies and gents, I'm going to talk to you about soliders. Yes, that's right, knights, fights and things! The war does NOT have enough of them. Sure, we've got oodles of spies and refugees, even elite mordecai but your regular, every day soldiers actually being forced out on the battle field doing epic fights against their brethren...

Is totally nonexistent in our current threads for the war!
That's one of the things that really made civil wards in the past horrifying is that your own enemy was your family in a lot of cases, and the results were very gruesome and scaring. A lot of epic tales can be coined from this idea, and I'd like to just point out that I'd be willing to do some extensive plotting with soldiers and soldier wannabes (and who knows, it might be neat to see things like 'Joan of Arc' or 'Mulan' ) type stories evolve from this, since, as the years go on and the number of available men dwindle, a few women might be allowed to slip into the ranks!

But yes, my fellow SOTE companions, this little post is just to bring up and (perhaps) stir some interest in any of those out there who would like to try their hand at playing a soldier and want to get themselves involved in some gruesome and eye opening battles.

Sound fun? Let me hear your ideas! Post them here or PM me!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on November 07, 2013, 06:08:04 PM
**points to the Treyburns, then skuttles away**
*has been stalking the Treyburns- but waiting for direct plottage!*

Ivory

I think most of us are just fumbling around, still trying to get our bearings...  Shoo, kids!  Go find some trouble to get into!  *flaps apron*

visualspice

Kids these days, I'll tell ya!
Now they've all got some homework to read 8D

Paradox

Ivory

Yup yup yup!  And Redly is technically a soldier as well, although he's pretty much left to tinker with machines to make them go...but he could, of course, be deployed.

Trevian Treyburn is also a soldier!

visualspice

I've got three myself, Killian, Krah and Serenus (Serenus, being a general, and Krah- I guess he's a General as well? Though I'd see him as something below that ranking- but I'm too lazy to look it up)
Krah sorta doe his own thing |8*
Maybes some plots can be had *strokes beardless chin*

visualspice

visualspice

*All of the civil war art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!

Lion

I'd think it'd be interesting to see the Church take a more active and militant role in the war.  Faith would certainly be challenged in times like this and possibly be apart of the reason many people choose to fight.  And no doubt be plenty of religious orders (Order of St. Agratha and other Knighthoods, etc,) vying for power amongst each other and against mages and it'd be interesting to see church-goers, priests or just ordinary people, enter into battle. 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on November 07, 2013, 07:27:32 PM
I'd think it'd be interesting to see the Church take a more active and militant role in the war.  Faith would certainly be challenged in times like this and possibly be apart of the reason many people choose to fight.  And no doubt be plenty of religious orders (Order of St. Agratha and other Knighthoods, etc,) vying for power amongst each other and against mages and it'd be interesting to see church-goers, priests or just ordinary people, enter into battle.
AGREED
<3
We don't have nearly enough sinister (or other wise) churchly activities involved with the church.
This IS sort of a homeland crusade!
FOR ANSGARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now...I want to make a character just to have them say that ._.

*contemplates a Treyburn*

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

visualspice

Paradox

Quote from: visualspice on November 07, 2013, 05:49:49 PM

Looking for love... yes, but it might prove a difficult feat, for Kella is 'cursed' with a sort of magic where, if you touch her for an extended period of time, she'll suck your life force clean out of your body! (In layman's terms? It means yer dead DX)  Kella is sweet and kind, but her brother went off the deep end when he murdered a man by touching him with this life sucking ability, and now he houses this deranged man's memories inside his own. This certain lunatic was in love with his sister, and now, at times, Blaith suffers the same thoughts. She was almost raped by her brother when he had a mental episode, and is now on the run, hoping to find a safe haven of her own.

She should meet up with Alastrom and Alanna. :3

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on November 13, 2013, 01:20:49 AM
Quote from: visualspice on November 07, 2013, 05:49:49 PM

She should meet up with Alastrom and Alanna. :3

but what if she kills them!? D8

but she could! <3

Paradox

Oh god. Well , Al can die  for all I care , but not Alanna. She's too freakin' adorable.