Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on November 13, 2013, 01:27:39 AM
Oh god. Well , Al can die  for all I care , but not Alanna. She's too freakin' adorable.
I'm still digging the idea we discussed (a bit) last night about them possibly heading for the border and run into one another when a riot breaks out- and causes another slaughter, like the Havanlaar thing~
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on November 13, 2013, 04:38:49 PM
Erm....talk to me in messenger. >>;

OK FINE DX
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ *flips tables*

<3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

I'm thinking of possibly adding a conscription to the war (draft). [this is for the later years, like way after the masked ball...] It probably won't be Connlaoth wide (perhaps duchy to duchy, though heavily pressed by the Grand Duke to those duchies to 'show their support' and is more or less a 'you'd better do this or you'll get a cold shoulder from the capital), but I'm thinking it'll atleast force houses (noble, poor or other wise) to send the eldest men in their homes to war (even if others are already enlisted..) to keep numbers up as the fighting continues- to add a bit of unrest to an already battle torn kingdom. Also, if this goes into effect, any and all mordecai will be forced intot he war, (or those with similar powers) regardless of age and gender (well age- minus the super young children, I think)

But yeah- thoughts?
I know Kleine and I have been plotting/talking about this idea in PM- but wasn't sure if anyone else might want to add two cents to this idea ^_^
plus, it might affect your characters, if you wish it so!

Ivory

Alternatively (additionally?), you can take a page from history and allow nobles to buy their sons out of the war with a great deal of money.  This would still force families with little money (like most minor nobles) to send their sons to war, while also collecting money from the richer families for the war effort.

visualspice

yes, yes- precisely! just some more ideas! Since the war is relatively new, there's a lot of dark themes that have yet to come to play-
and more importantly, ideas around the duchies potentially falling out of favor with the Grand Duke perhaps?

Definitely a lot of ideas to play with:
*Mage Camps
*Families being torn apart
*Secret Experiments through the church on Mages (in order to find a cure for magic!)
*Uprisings
*Conscription
*Duchies fighting other duchies
*More town slaughters
*And more dancing at balls to save face! 8D

So much to think about! I'm excited :D
and what's fun, alot of these can turn into shades of grade where good v. evil need not apply- but for men and women to choose the lesser of two evils....

Ivory

Spice, you are definitely just the most adorable thing.  :D

And, speaking of which, we need to RP Audric telling Calent about the mage torture!

Bringer of Fenrir

im kinda wantng to jump in on this war :P and just need to know the opening my guy is a mercenary but is heavy on magic use and all so kinda wondering if there a place where i can come in and see people being killed which ever for being mages?

Bringer of Fenrir

and if i may why not have a raid on one of the balls ?? like an attempted assassination or something if i were a rebel thats what i would do arrange a massive attack on a ball where there is lots of duchies and lords and just have myself a slaughter fest you know can never can enough skull cups :P

visualspice

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on November 17, 2013, 09:09:18 PM
im kinda wantng to jump in on this war :P and just need to know the opening my guy is a mercenary but is heavy on magic use and all so kinda wondering if there a place where i can come in and see people being killed which ever for being mages?

Before anyone jumps into this event, I ask all new inquiries to please read the information page listed here.
*specifically, the FAQ section.  You should also have an extensive knowledge of Connlaoth and it's kingdom. The information for this is listed here.
At this time, I'd like to keep any war related threads with Connlaothian characters only (though exceptions have been made, but they are few and far between). I want to stress this is a civil war, not a world war, as the country is warring on it's own people. If you're serious about wanting to jump in, you'll need deeper roots than some character that just wants to randomly show up to help. Each character involved currently has a well developed plot or history they aim to play that hits on all of the key points I'm looking for in running this event. So please consider this when inquiring.

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on November 17, 2013, 09:18:36 PM
and if i may why not have a raid on one of the balls ?? like an attempted assassination or something if i were a rebel thats what i would do arrange a massive attack on a ball where there is lots of duchies and lords and just have myself a slaughter fest you know can never can enough skull cups :P

All of the party (ball) threads are almost all pre-plotted at this time (not all information plotted is listed here, please keep that in mind!) as I'm working out a lot of the heavy plot twists and story scripts with other members I'm already rping with in very intricately 'woven' threads that are already being played out currently.

This idea you mentioned is actually (somewhat) of an idea that's already on the side burner~
But thanks for the suggestion C:

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
-the spice

visualspice

Since I've been plotting with just about everyone *big sigh* I'm going to list a few of the 'future' events I've been working on, just so it's made aware XD

Not everyone will know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure you will if the thread/plot pertains to you XD
I'm placing them here so I don't forget (as currently, they're scribbled down on a piece of paper on my kitchen table at home)

(These are in on particular order, but all of these take place after The Masked Ball event.

ANOTHER CITY SLAUGHTER (the slaughter of Havanlaar marked the first real battle of the war- this idea is to have a second similar slaughter occur, but where as the first one was simply a 'mentioned' event- this one will be played out!
(this one will be at the boarder near the ocean and Serenian border in the currently named duchy 'Stonehill' and may or may not be a semi-open thread for plots. So far, the characters involved with be Paradox's Alastorm and Alanna, and my character, Kella. This might potentially be open to other 'Free Folk' characters.

The Whoreship Bombing- A closed thread idea involving my and lion's characters Jude and Jinai. At the masked ball, the pair had discovered a list of ships that's to take some 'cargo' over seas. Basically, they found out the Grand Duke's visor is collecting mages meant to go to the camps and selling them off to slavers over seas! J & J are on the case to investigate this; using a fake wedding, a group of whores, and a whole lot of stolen gun powder to blow up the ships before they can take on any precious cargo!

Dealing with Secrets- during an innocent outing, Lord Avery and Lord Davishire find Davishire's cousin Winnifred on the run- though it's not what it seems! Though she feeds them partial truths she is on the run from her despicable fiance and the wedding that's closing in on her, in truth- she's running from that- and from the church who had recently been experimenting upon her.

The Big Ka-blooey!- another group thread that has yet to happen, this other 'party' will take place several months after the current Masked Ball. Here, the party won't go as successful as the other one, as a radical against the war is going to make a bang!

The Destruction of Reajh- I'm sure you are all aware of the Grand Duke's 'secret'. Though he is wholly unaware- this 'secret' of his will become exposed but along with it, the entire city of Reajh will suffer! (*Please note, this plot will NOT happen for a long time, just posting it here so as to make note of my idea so I don't forget it XD ) More to come!

Conscription- As the war gets worse, more men are needed to fight against the uprisings. A draft is put into effect, forcing the eldest male in each family (minus the sick and elderly) to join arms.
This idea can affect many stories! So keep it in mind :D
The only thread I'm plotting to have this affect, at the moment, is something for Dahlia 'Treyburn' Gray and Lord Edward's future- where (assuming all goes well) this newly wed couple will have to deal with Edward being forced to fight in the war.

Reclaiming the Duchy of Ardal- A long quest is to be put into motion for Duke Conall Shanley to 'come back from the dead' and claim his rightful throne from his despicable Uncle Cormac.

The Fall of the Callister's- I'm thinking, due to the devilish plots and webs Lady Davina and her younger brother have been concocting, she'll eventually become so entangled that she's going to eventually be caught. I'll omit the details, but assume a lot of scandal is to be had! And she wouldn't mind wrapping her finger around your character if it means securing her own plans. When this happens, it'll create a permanent black mark on this family since a lot of horrible things will become exposed.

Uthlyn Uprising- While the whole country of Connlaoth is writhing with unrest, it would be fun to role play out an uprising in Uthlyn- where scholars, the poor and suffering, mages, etc band together to fight against the guards in attempts to over rule them. Also, for those who are not aware, there is a 'secret city' that lays well beneath Uthlyn that the mages have been using as a safe haven as they travel south to Serendipity to escape persecution from the war.
THis is also an idea that won't happen quite yet as the ideas are still in the works.

Just putting some thoughts together here. No one has to really reply to it- just listing ALL THE THINGS D8
And I do have other plots, but they're not all developed enough yet to post here.

Bringer of Fenrir

is there a way to counter the block of magic that the Mordecai have? like another magc of sorts ? in the world there cannot be shadows without light so in theory shouldn't there be something to counter there magic? is is that the way it is for the magic that the blocking magic is the shadow to the light?

Paradox

visualspice

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on November 18, 2013, 10:08:25 PM
is there a way to counter the block of magic that the Mordecai have? like another magc of sorts ? in the world there cannot be shadows without light so in theory shouldn't there be something to counter there magic? is is that the way it is for the magic that the blocking magic is the shadow to the light?

Quote from: Paradox on November 18, 2013, 10:16:42 PM
Have you read this?  It may answer your question.

You can also find information about them listed here.
But mordecai are already part of a two sided coin. Mages cast magic- and their opposing force in the world are the mordecai who COUNTER/BLOCK their magic. Mordecai themselves, are not mages- but more or less 'anti-mages'.
Hope that clears it up!

Brisinger987

Hey Spice, you know my demon invasion?

(Don't worry, I'm not asking to join, although when it happens the Grand Duke will likely get a very nasty visit from Kirnardaz)

I was just wondering how we would co-ordinate our events relative to each other? Obviously, as big as your civil war is, a huge invading force of demons would scare the populace just a bit more. I was just curious as to how to work it out, because none of my Demon Invasion threads have taken place in Connlaoth yet.

visualspice

As stated earlier, Bris, I don't want those sorts of things involved with this event :P
sorry

Brisinger987

I wasn't saying involved, I was saying how do you want to go about co-ordinating them so that Kirnardaz doesn't ransack Reajh before you do it in the concept idea you posted, things like that. Kirnardaz needs a reason to stay away. I was curious as to if you wanted that as a special reason, or simply because the guard force is well trained.

I'm just trying NOT to get involved with the civil war. Reajh will be invaded at one point or another. Just not sure when.

visualspice

you could just assume it's in the future? *shrug*
not sure how to help you on that one XD
the civil war is going to go on for quite a number of years from now so yeah *shrug* Sorry, I'm not much help XD
All of my brains are in this war D8

ALL OF THEM BRAINS

Brisinger987

All my brains are in the APOCALYPSE. Which will be cancelled, due to poor funding on Kirnardaz's half xD

Tak

Do the Gods have a say in this? All this madness?
Magic was a gift from the Gods to mortals. Gifts shall not be destroyed.