Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Quote from: Tak on November 19, 2013, 12:30:02 AM
Do the Gods have a say in this? All this madness?
Magic was a gift from the Gods to mortals. Gifts shall not be destroyed.

Tak...
please read the FAQ page linked on the info thread for the war before asking questions that have already been answered.
I've answered this question already a dozen times.
This is an event I am personally running and do not want gods or god-like characters involved.
Thank you.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bringer of Fenrir

ah kk thanks that explains it. so yeah it is the other half to magic sort of :P

i tried to read all i could before jumping in here but i obviously missed some things :P lots of detail very nice.

so this civil war is basically like the holocaust? did you know Hitler also wanted to kill off all the gypsy people as well as multiple other ethnic group not only the Jews? just saying

personally speaking a demon invasion would come when you don't like it or when humanity is at it's worse demons draw power from misery and suffering but i understand you don't want it in your event just thought i'd say that :P   

visualspice

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on November 19, 2013, 07:20:30 AM
ah kk thanks that explains it. so yeah it is the other half to magic sort of :P

i tried to read all i could before jumping in here but i obviously missed some things :P lots of detail very nice.

so this civil war is basically like the holocaust? did you know Hitler also wanted to kill off all the gypsy people as well as multiple other ethnic group not only the Jews? just saying

personally speaking a demon invasion would come when you don't like it or when humanity is at it's worse demons draw power from misery and suffering but i understand you don't want it in your event just thought i'd say that :P

I know a lot about history- it's the thing I do in my free time >.>
I have more history books than a normal person should own XD
But, obviously, I'm borrowing from other stories/history to make this civil war seem real and true to the nature of Connlaoth and what civil wars are all about. And not all people in these camps are mages- and the mage camps aren't even the worst of things. So yeah, fun times!
And I won't even comment about demons. I don't need to repeat myself 8D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

To help Spice out here, redirect Demon Invasion questions to my PM inbox, or here as this thread is for the Connlaothian Civil War.

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on November 19, 2013, 01:32:11 PM
To help Spice out here, redirect Demon Invasion questions to my PM inbox, or here as this thread is for the Connlaothian Civil War.
What he said 8D

Vincent

As I've told Ivory and Paradox, this profile is a rather far way away from being done but here it is .

House Rodric is the ruling house of the duchy of Folkvar (formerly known as Stonehill) . They pledge fealty to the Grand Duke and the Duke of Folkvar himself is on board the anti-magic and mage suppressing train.

So, you're more than welcome to add them to the list of dukes and such when you're feeling better, Spice. No rush.

visualspice

Brisinger987

Hello civil war thread. My character: Atirax Chaostracer, is looking for a Duke to serve under, where he can slaughter mages as he pleases.

He has a deep rooted hatred of mages, is a complete tyrant, and will probably overthrow whichever Duke he is put under and try to start an all out genocide.

Obviously, if he were to take over a duchy with that Duchy's Duke's permission, he would be overthrown by someone else (be it rightful owner, or just the person he overthrew (Ahem, Vincent, I believe your character fits my description perfectly, lol)).

So.

Any takers?

Vincent

Apologies but I'm afraid that I will have to decline your offer, Bris. Your character doesn't quite fit the plot that I have in store for House Rodric. :(

Brisinger987

Lol, that's fine Vincent, really, I wasn't depending on you for this, haha!

nahash

Soules is a loyal (for now) and well trained soldier. I'm looking for ether a authority figure to send him on a mission to kill mages or some fellow soldiers to join him in said mission.  Over the course of the story arc he would start to question the morality of this war. At a later point I want Soules to become a mage sympathizer.

visualspice

Brief reply: I read most these thoughts  and will reply whenever  I am reasonably more reasonably well.

Brisinger987

Soules could be under Atirax's command? That would be interesting to see. And to find a duchy he can temporarily take over when he finds that the Duke of that duchy has been persuaded to be pro-mage.

nahash

if we can contrive a compelling reason why Soules might be temporarily transferred under Atirax's command I could see how this could work out.  As ruthless as Atirax is it would give Soules a good reason to rethink his part in this war.

visualspice

Please keep in mind if you want things that affect an entire duchy based on its ruler, you need.permission from that duchy's rper. If. I was more well I wish I could be more help but as it stands, I'm still recovering in the hospital.

Paradox

Ajhfeld is the only unclaimed duchy. Here's my suggestion: keep it that way. Leave it open for people to do as they please with it (within reason). Make it the sandbox duchy.   The ruling house doesn't need to be named and neither does the duke/duchess . They can be nameless npcs.

So, if Bris cannot find someone to take his general, he can always just take over Ajhfeld temporarily. And I say temporarily because Ajhfeld , as a sandbox, should belong to everyone. ^^

Just my two cents. 

Brisinger987

Well that was why I put the idea here Spice!  I don't wanna just overthrow a Duchy xD

I suppose looking at which Duchies are owned by whom would be a good place to start.

Maybe Atirax orders a mage that Soules knew did nothing wrong executed?

visualspice

Any major planning of.the.sorts, regarding.events you'd like to.see have happen during the war, please.ensure.they go.through and are.approved by me (let me stress.MAJOR events, minor events are no. Biggies. I just need to stay in the loops.).

Also, sorry I am in no.mental or.physical state since I'm.the hospital recoverying, but I saw.some ideas.being.tossed about I'd like to comment on when I'm not super emotional and medicated. So I shall eventually make two.cents.of.things someday D:

Also, I noticed a lot.of new.threads popping up that seem.war.related...
Can someone link me.to.them with a list of.characters involved and.a.brief summary? I'll also need.to know,. Timeline wise where these threads.would.take place.

Thanks.so.much. this'll help.me update the war info page.

~the spice
Ps: sorry forthe rambling. Posting on my.phone while medicated is hard!

Ivory

Poor darling!

Here's the information for you about the thread I'm doing with Kathryn and Zerval (Dean.)  I was waiting until you felt better, because I didn't want you to feel overloaded!  <3

Flight of the Grand Duchess: The Grand Duchess's annual pilgrimage to Saint Solee's Cathedral takes a bitter turn when Kathryn is poisoned and her escort falls under attack.  ~2 months after the Grand Ball  Current characters: Kathryn and Zerval

Maybe you can get in on this when you feel better.  D:

Now, get off of SotE and take care of yourself!  *insists!*

kleineklementine

Oh, Spicy! Hoping you get better and get home soon!

I was also holding off until you weren't so overwhelmed, but since you asked, Vivi and I have a war-related thread.

Of Malady and Mortality Haunted by the recent death of her husband, Dahlia Gray seeks aid at the apothecary of Barnabas Low. Instead, they find a young, fugitive mage hiding from the city guard. 2-3 years before the Masked Ball.