Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nahash

I agree that Ajhfeld should remain open and unclaimed.  It makes sense to leave one opened as Paradox said.

Ivory

Hey, everybody.  It's me!

I'm either lazy or blind or possibly illiterate, so I am posting my question here...  I'm considering making an evil mage type...because they can't all be sunshine and roses.  This particular mage is extremely anti-Church, but, generally-speaking, he is enjoying the chaos and will incite both sides of the Civil War.  (He seems to be primarily anti-Church, and he doesn't seem to care too much about Calent's reign.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are any plot ideas drifting around out there in need of such a character...

I'll work on a character if this sounds like someone people might like to RP with in any capacity -- like terrorist activities!

Brisinger987

Ivory, if your character wanted to be in league with a certain Treyburn (more specifically, Corey) then I'm up for it, although we can plot that elsewhere.

Perhaps he's the mage that killed Atirax's family?

kleineklementine

Ivory, I might have some plot ideas for you. I'm working on a guerilla band(s) of mostly mages escaped from the camps. (My characters involved in these plots will be Olive and Silas, in sig). They're not "evil," but will probably end up doing some fairly bad things. (Hey, it's war, what fun is it if otherwise decent people aren't driven to do terrible things?)

I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, but I'll put more coherent ideas here later when I do!

Lion

Shadows of the Grave
Characters: Mercuxio and Aster Delancy
Timeline: Two months after the Grand Ball

Summary: A church is desecrated by a rogue mage and Aster Delancy is assigned to track him down.  Mercuxio is sent to assist her in his capture and interrogation.  And what they may find is that the rebellion is larger than anyone could have imagined.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on December 08, 2013, 05:45:50 PM
Hey, everybody.  It's me!

I'm either lazy or blind or possibly illiterate, so I am posting my question here...  I'm considering making an evil mage type...because they can't all be sunshine and roses.  This particular mage is extremely anti-Church, but, generally-speaking, he is enjoying the chaos and will incite both sides of the Civil War.  (He seems to be primarily anti-Church, and he doesn't seem to care too much about Calent's reign.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are any plot ideas drifting around out there in need of such a character...

I'll work on a character if this sounds like someone people might like to RP with in any capacity -- like terrorist activities!

My character, Blaith Harmond approves. Who knows, those two would always end up working together somehow. *shrugs* I won't know much more into it until Is have time to.discuss things with you, which won't be until later this weekend when I'm releaesed from the hospital.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

So many replies!!  *_*

Bris: Isn't Corey with the Free Folk?  The Free Folk, while an awesome place to hang, are definitely not the type of organization for Mikko.  (I totally named him after my favorite hockey player.  I'm so cool!)  And I don't know anything about the other character...

Kleine: Yay for plotses!  I'm building him to be kind of an enigma and walking contradiction.  I was working on him last night but couldn't put my thoughts forth very well, so I gave up.  Externally, he creates chaos; internally, he's a very rigid and disciplined man, which would give him the ability to work with a group so long as said group is organized!  Briefly, he's a brilliant tactician and a trained soldier.  His magic is bit odd, but I sort of like the idea of having it for story purposes.  Basically, he can create a temporary protective shield around a person or group of people as a final defense.  He definitely would have no qualms about stirring up good people to help him take down the Church...  Argh, I'm not explaining him very well.  Hopefully his profile will help once I get it up!

Spice: Yay for being hospital-free!  XD

November

Hey Spice! I know we haven't talked much about Belle and things with you being god-awfully sick and all, but I had an idea with her. Because she's pretty much pulling most of the strings all of the time, she's a pretty big fan of stabbing backs and letting other people actually do the stabbing. It goes this;

Belle steals something(s) from the Duke, irreplaceable, possibly something that is a symbol of his Right to Rule, something that no one can know is stolen or total anarchy, and something with a little dirt on it is good too, like taxes and things otherwise made to tread on the downtrodden.

Belle meets Nas's Character, Mephisto. They plot and scheme because he has something she wants, she also know's he's playing his own games (though not interested in the Civil War, the Mages, or the Grand Duke themselves).

She get's caught after some cat and mouse, and brought before the Duke because she's 'hidden' or 'given away' any of the said items stolen; killing her outright wouldn't be in their best interest, and she has a proposal.

Playing the 'innocent' card, she informs the Duke of a power far worse than she who plans to take the Kingdom down (ALL LIES), and he used her as a puppet to steal whatever she might have stolen. Belle gives away the only way to kill Mephisto and promises that she can set him up in a trap, but for a price (seeing as men cannot read her mind or emotions, Mephisto wouldn't have a clue), and (with her devilish charms XD) she persuades him that she knows she can get from him the whereabouts of the stolen items, and return them safely.

I kinda want her to be playing the Mages as well with the things she stole, but I'm not sure how just yet. Might convince both sides they have the upper hand, and bring them to a face-off while trapping Mephisto.

Belle isn't in it to swing the war so much as play it slightly to her advantage. The war itself would probably remain unchanged, and politically, it's only on the down-low stuff, so nothings really being moved about there. No one major being killed here without permission!

Nas has said about toying with the idea of 'killing off' Mephisto, and I thought it might be interesting to see if this could work.

Also thinking of my other character November finding information on an old relic that grants supreme power to anyone who posses magical abilities, and the Mages are aware of it's existence too, making for a crazy goose-chase to destroy it before they get their hands on it for the greater good of humanity XD

Ivory

For posterity and terrorist activities (and now I'm probably on a watch list): here's Mikko Kerr.

I'm not at all sure I wrote him up correctly, but there he is!  *flails!*

Scythe-Nova

Hey Painter that last plot you had would actually be a possible reason to why Senka would want to be involved in this war :3

She of course wants the item for herself but to get at it she needs the war to rage at a specific place in Connlaoth, to maybe draw away it's protectors or something like that.

And i mean it's not like she'd use the relic for anything involving the war, i mean why ruin such a delightful war like that? No she would have grander schemes for that relic, involving the entire continent!

*Laughs maniacly*

Oh sorry, but yeah it gives her a reason to be in this war but not to stay in it. And even if she got her hands on the relic (Very much possible she does though) she would see that her involvement with the war would be irrelevant after she got the relic and just leave the war as is.

And if it sounds to overpowered for this war we could simply make so that the relic in question only has mundane and innate powers such as being an excellent catalyst for a ritual or something, just the kind of item Senka would want to get her hands on. And that it's guarded cause it has religious worth or something.

Give me feedback here :3
I'm flowing with ideas here!
*Overloads and explodes*
Ow...

Klezmer Gryphon

Cyril Garrod, my elven half-breed, lives in a northern town where one half is outside of Connlaoth's borders. I remember seeing something about mage camps and such up north. Any possibility of working with that? Please PM me, cause I just have my phone at the moment...

visualspice

Man, I have SO much to update @_@
Just wanted to post something here to let you people know I've not neglected this and additional plottings, I just haven't had the mental focus to do updates and anything of the like. But once I do make the updates to the timeline and character list and what have you, I will surely note it here X3

Also, to Painter- it might be interesting if something your character steals might upset the balance of power that's being hidden away inside the Grand Duke; and it has been briefly mentioned in his profile he had visited 'the fell' (unconfirmedly) at some point but perhaps he has a relic from it that he keeps on hand that, perhaps once she snipes (maybe it's some sort of ancient sword or what have you hanging on the wall); he finds the nightmares and things that plague him becoming increasingly worse, that maybe also coincides with a changing point in the war (where the mages actually, only then, begin to make a dent against the Connlaothian army)

but yeah XD

I'll add more thoughts later as they come but I was thinking something like this might work out well for your plot and it will help push the story along as well when it happens to domino effect certain events I have been preplottings for ~

:3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

November

Oooh~ I like that idea Spice! Could be interesting indeed. I don't know how much you want Belle to fool around with the Duke (and Blaith as well, wasn't it?), but given the time span I'm aiming for between stealing the thing and giving Mephisto up, she might have to frequent wherever they're hold up in order the keep the Duke from spinning out of control too fast. And it fits perfectly, with the Mages getting the upper hand on Connlaoth, granted Belle also wants to have a coin in with them.

I kinda want Belle to play Kathryn, given her penance for murder and being torn between the high-life and travel, as well; Belle might try and slowly turn her on Calent after presenting herself as a well-versed traveler, feeding her visions of a life full of experiences. Though, bare in mind, I do want things to pretty much fall apart near the end, so it'd pretty much be up to you, me, and Ivory as to how far that can go.

But for the relic, maybe a crown of some kind? A sword would work too. I suppose it's not too much of a bother, as long as we can settle on the object itself.

visualspice

Well if Belle plays with Kathryn, she might also run into 'The King of Thieves' as well XD (just as a random comment, since Dekka (aka- the King of Thieves) is normally seen sneaking around with her... but yeah...
and I mentioned Blaith since he's a major opposing force to the Grand Duke, so he might possibly be the one to tip her off with some information against Calent, but we shall see
I be sleepy, so hopefully this isn't coming off as too rambly x.x

Scythe-Nova

I'm just hoping Senka gets a piece of the cake here too :3

I've been wrecking my mind with all the possible stuff she could do in preparation for all that she's planning, I mean she plans years ahead of time sometimes even for as long as a 100 fracking years!

She know Patience... She knows Secrets... She knows Feelings and how to use them, She is Evil

SENKA! Accept no substitutes!

Just had to get that off my chest XD

Anyway Shoot me a Whisper(PM) and i'll let you on her secrets Spice, the things she know might get us to start that thread with Blaith and Senka, Maybe also that Thread with Senka and Feni'tat :3

Also Pain we'll plot a bit together about that Relic stealing thing eh? :3

November

Certainly! Also, I saw you posted on Nas's Corruption thread for Mephisto, we could throw that in there to? Senka and Belle could meet, then she could take her to Mephisto? I'm still working out a few details involving November Relic-hunting, but I should have something up soon as well as a little something else.

I'm talking to Nas on Wednesday so I'll have a word with him~

visualspice

yeah, we'll have to polish off these plotting ideas, but seems good XD
maybe this relic is a necklace or pendant or something, since, now that I think of it, if she steals something larger, it just might be harder for her to make off with it but who knows XD I'll have to think a bit more on it (maybe it would be hilarious if she had to steal something rather large, though he couldn't keep a large item on his person, so if the relic is awakening but subduing his darker magics unbeknowest to him) you'd think he'd have to be at least near it or have it on his person- so hrmm...
D: just something for me to think more on when my brains start working again XD

Also, I do have an open thread for Blaith if Belle or Senka want to stop by 'for a chat'- the man is partly delusional, so yeah, there that but just let me know and I can dig up the link :T

November

Belle would certainly be interested. I'm not 100% on the angle she'll play, but maybe what you've got as a starter might help me in coming up with a workable idea for her?

Brisinger987

I'm bumping Atirax here... Yeah, Atirax is still looking for a duchy with a duke who he can overthrow to start his magical genocide, before quickly being thrown out, his army being destroyed, and the character going into hiding.

Cambie

Thought I'd chime in with my character, Luc (see the signature below). I'm all ears if you have some feedback, or would like to somehow work him into a plot of yours, or if you want to embark on some shenanigans. He's a mage of questionable character and unsettled motives, who could easily switch sides at the drop of a dime, if it furthers his own needs.