Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

I didn't forget about any of this plotting and updates and the like D:
Just letting you all know, as soon as things get less busy for me (holidays and healing taking up some of my free time!) I should be able to reply to the questions here D:
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Ok I *finally* went through and like, read and re-read the profiles I needed to that were posted and new XD
I don't have any big amazing ideas to pit with what is posted at this moment, but if something comes to me when I'm less busy (I'll be busy ish today and tomorrow) I'll let you all know, but feel free to continue to plot amongst yourselves X3

And to those I already owe threads/plots with, I'll try to get on that, again, next week <3
and hoping at that time I can update the info page (Finally...) >_>;

And in response to Bris, I know none of my duchies are available for such plots- they're already reserved for other ideas.

And about Ahjfeld- I suppose that's fine? XD I dunno? I suppose just let me know what's going down so that people aren't stepping on one another's toes! Just post ideas here if you guys got anything XD Just note if a duchy goes pro-mage- they'd more or less be decimated >_> the Grand Duke has supports from all duchies at this time XD (not saying this can't change, bwahaha)

But keep the plots coming! <3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Just going to post a few plot ideas here for the war (for those looking to get a leg, foot or toe in XD):

Katahnia Harmond- As a voice of the repressed people, before being hunted down and dragged off by the Grand Duke's elite mordecai; Katahnia Harmond had become a voice of the repressed people. Day in and day out, she'd make her voice known throughout Reajh inquiring peacefully for the Grand Duke to relinquish his ban on mages and to reconsider the stricter laws.
What I'm looking for: Possible rps of her during the early stages of unrest where she's going around making a voice for herself. This would be soon after Calent Allarrick assumes the throne as Grand Duke.
I might consider other misc. encounters but depends on the idea!

Blaith Harmond
As the unknown catalyst of the war, Blaith is sitting back and watching how the events unfold- but what is a man as corrupt as himself without allies? Though Blaith Harmond is slowly losing his sanity, it would be interesting to have him make partnerships along the way. Though keep in mind, he's being discrete, and no one (at the moment) realizes he was the one responsible. He does have a small band of men beneath his command who he hires to help him hunt down his sister, and he has used this band of mercenary mage types and destroyed one of the mage camps up North- but the wrong intel. had him destroying the camp on accident- for his twin sister was not there.
Blaith has a thread available here.
But it's by request and approval only~
So let me know if you're interested :3
I wouldn't be against someone who ends up siding with him and then using the fact they find out who Blaith is against him in the end or something to the effect *shrugs* Just some ideas!

Kella Harmond- On the run since her twin brother went crazy, Kella may be available for some random encounters.

Jinai Rinstgate- She's got a bounty on her head for being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. As one of the supporters for mage equality, Jinai's a good character for misc. random encounters!

Krah- As a famous war figure, the 'God of War' is always looking for a good time!

Renna Cartriste- as a courtesan and spy for the mages (and a mage herself); I might be looking into a patron for her who can find out what she really is and possibly expose her (Might be interesting or make sense if the person who exposes her she is trying to spy on...! Just some food for thought)

I also have Attalia- a noblewman presumed dead, Davina- a woman looking for 'just the right man', and her brother Davishire (a grumpy nobleman) who might also be up for threads if the idea sounds intriguing XD
I also have Edward and Winifred as well as my other nobles, and Kentamin- a templar, who might also be available for play if someone can entice me with an idea. Their links are on the last line of my character listings in my signature~

visualspice

The info page has been updated!
Now the nobles page should (key word, should XD ) have all of the most up to date lists of nobles and their marriage partners, etc.

I've also included a new summary page, that currently summarizes very briefly the events that have occurred so far and a hint of what's to come! (This page is really similar to the 'story' page, but slightly longer as it lists specifics and gives links to profiles and characters to know~)

I'll be working on updating both the character and timeline page soonish, so if you haven't posted an active war related thread here that needs to be added to the timeline page, please do so now ^_^

visualspice

New characters to add to the mix!
"Jack" (aka- my Snowman!) who... you could probably also mock and call 'Jack Frost'- isn't on any side of the war but his own. As a mage himself, he works, ironically as a knight, but no one knows of his 'condition'. A man who talks to himself a lot and also keeps to himself, he's not exactly looking for friends!
Find his fun and fancy free open (by requests, only) his thread here: What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?
(the thread title amuses me greatly ;_; )

Also, I made a dreamer-ish character and non-mage, Ania~
She'll write you a song... or book.. or something.. (but probably not really!)
She also really has no voiced opinion on the war.

nahash

I had an idea come to me last night.  A mage decides to take the offensive but in a most underhanded kind of way.  He starts providing the regular troops with weapons that mimic the magic canceling abilities of the mordecai.  The troops would think that they are getting weapons that have been blessed by Ansgar.  With these new weapons the Connlaoth army would commit more regulars to the field without the backing of the mordecai.  The catch is all the weapons are rigged to fail at the mage's command leaving bulk of the force on the field vulnerable.

Bringer of Fenrir

that would be a good long term plan, but does only that mage have the power to shut them down ? what if he isn't in the battle.

thats a good idea though it would bone them pretty hard

visualspice

Quote from: nahash on January 09, 2014, 06:24:49 PM
I had an idea come to me last night.  A mage decides to take the offensive but in a most underhanded kind of way.  He starts providing the regular troops with weapons that mimic the magic canceling abilities of the mordecai.  The troops would think that they are getting weapons that have been blessed by Ansgar.  With these new weapons the Connlaoth army would commit more regulars to the field without the backing of the mordecai.  The catch is all the weapons are rigged to fail at the mage's command leaving bulk of the force on the field vulnerable.

The idea might work, but getting enough weapons to fuel even a small army brigade might prove difficult- especially since the majority of mages or their supporters aren't generally rich. And if they were to steal it, it might be evident it was stolen and the army would interrogate, though I'm sure with some polishing, such an idea could work for one of the may plot premises going on. Do you have some sort of character you think might be able to pull this off? Just curious :)

November

You still up for Blaith meeting Belle and her playing an angle with him? If so, I could jump in that thread and get something going.

Bringer of Fenrir

what if instead of weapons they are amulets? smaller cheaper easier to distribute in mass quantities?

Anadwen

Quote from: nahash on January 09, 2014, 06:24:49 PM

Sounds like something Daerian would gladly do... Since she makes weapons and supplies the army, it's the perfect thing for her.

visualspice

Quote from: Painterlee on January 10, 2014, 08:22:36 AM
You still up for Blaith meeting Belle and her playing an angle with him? If so, I could jump in that thread and get something going.

THat would be fine, Painter XD I forget precisely if we had a specific direction for those two, but random encounters are also amusing. so if you got an idea, feel free to post to that thread!

nahash

Quote from: Anadwen on January 10, 2014, 11:54:47 AM
Sounds like something Daerian would gladly do... Since she makes weapons and supplies the army, it's the perfect thing for her.

To answer some of the questions brought up about my idea.  Daerian would work nicely because she already has the contracts in place supplying the weapons to the army.  I had already been thinking it would have to be an inside job, someone who already had the means o produce arms on a large scale.

Next I need some more mages to help.  their would need to be a large enough rebel force to draw out a contingent of the Connlaothian army other wise the trap would not be worth the effort.  next thing that need ironed out is a location if anyone has a suggestion.

Scythe-Nova

Well what about Senka? I thought we were gonna plot something around what we talked about earlier?
*Kind of out of the loop because of IRL problems*

November

Posted~
I don't know if you want to add this thread between Nascent and myself. Belle has fled Connlaoth with a necklace she stole from the Grand Duke bestowed with the power to alleviate the effects of The Fell, and tells of it to Mephisto, probably falls just before the actual war-scale conflict starts. Similar to what I'm planning with the thread between Belle and Blaith. 

visualspice

New FORT ATTACK and THE FALL OF A BALL sub plots are now up and ready for discussion! Read it to get all the details :D
Reply to that thread if interested in participating ^_^

visualspice

Quote from: Ivory on December 08, 2013, 11:25:14 AM
Poor darling!

Here's the information for you about the thread I'm doing with Kathryn and Zerval (Dean.)  I was waiting until you felt better, because I didn't want you to feel overloaded!  <3

Flight of the Grand Duchess: The Grand Duchess's annual pilgrimage to Saint Solee's Cathedral takes a bitter turn when Kathryn is poisoned and her escort falls under attack.  ~2 months after the Grand Ball  Current characters: Kathryn and Zerval

Maybe you can get in on this when you feel better.  D:

Now, get off of SotE and take care of yourself!  *insists!*

Vries, do we know if this thread partner is still active? I think I'll wait to make sure he'll be coming back before adding this one- or should I just go ahead and add it anyway?

visualspice

The Timeline on the info page has been updated!
THOUGH I KNOW I AM MISSING A FEW THREADS
If you have created a thread within the past 2 or 3 months that's war related and you do not see it listed on the timeline, PLEASE post it here, including a brief, 1-3 sentence description of the thread, and where it would take place on the current timeline so I can place it in the appropriate place. Also add the thread's link. Thanks!

-the spice

EDIT: AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE ARE 53 THREADS, ALL OF WHICH ARE CIVIL WAR RELATED. WOO! Go us for activity XD

Brisinger987

Is anyone interested in a thread concerning rebels, violence against the Grand Duke and Corey Treyburn?

Bringer of Fenrir

i would need to be hired by a group but i would be up for getting in on this war gladly