Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

ATTN: To ppl rping as Dukes/Duchesses only (not minor nobles) I will (eventually) be needing from you, more detailed information about the duchies you are currently running. I'm going to be adding a section to the war page that has all of the duchies and their political views, what makes them unique, etc- but I'll post more on that later. Just want to get some feed back and give you all a heads up so you can start solidifying how you view those duchies XD

Also, I might be adding a new section to the info page regarding a list of all of the new laws in place during the war time period. If you have any suggestions for anything else that can make the information page easier for people to navigate, please let me know ^_^
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cynric Venari

Hey guys! I had an idea.

Given Krah's rampages and destruction of two cities, I thought a refugee problem might be interesting. Comprised mainly of women, children and the old, although a few deserters and draft-dodgers will certainly be present, they will slowly travel to the domain's of the Grand Duke to await his mercy.

They will set up a temporary camp at first, although they may commandeer a town or an old stockade if their situation becomes desperate... which it will. Mages on the run and other rogues may disguise themselves at refugees, to hide or bide their time. Essentially they will be a headache for Calent and a potentially useful resource for the Alliance.

If people are interested, I'll start a thread where a nucleus of them descend on a village. Then we'll travel to Matron's Hollow, settle, and then WHO KNOWS?!

PM me if you're interested!

visualspice

Quote from: Rukh Vahn on January 16, 2014, 07:19:19 AM
Hey guys! I had an idea.

Given Krah's rampages and destruction of two cities, I thought a refugee problem might be interesting. Comprised mainly of women, children and the old, although a few deserters and draft-dodgers will certainly be present, they will slowly travel to the domain's of the Grand Duke to await his mercy.

They will set up a temporary camp at first, although they may commandeer a town or an old stockade if their situation becomes desperate... which it will. Mages on the run and other rogues may disguise themselves at refugees, to hide or bide their time. Essentially they will be a headache for Calent and a potentially useful resource for the Alliance.

If people are interested, I'll start a thread where a nucleus of them descend on a village. Then we'll travel to Matron's Hollow, settle, and then WHO KNOWS?!

PM me if you're interested!

Oh,I like this idea. My character, Katahnia (before she was captured and shipped off up North) had once been a spear head in the capital, right at the Grand Duke's store steps in hopes to peacefully ask for change. Would be interesting if she returned to help this group just as things were growing hostile, or that her name appeared, at least, as a symbol the Grand Duke could't shake. I'll think more on it~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

I have a character, Malfrayne Zermuth, whom is a prominent playwright in the duchy of Allar.A lesser known fact about him is that he is, in secret, a pirate , spy and mage rights activist.

I'd love to rp him with someone or multiple people. Ideally, I am seeking allies, but I don't mind roleplaying with potential enemies and rivals because I do plan for Malfrayne to become an identified and highly sought after criminal . So I would welcome roleplaying with mages, mordecai, nobility, merchants , soldiers etc.

I also would love it if anyone might be interested in creating a character or joining a character to the crew of The Wayward Impulse, his ship.

If anyone is interested in this, please send me a personal message! 

Bringer of Fenrir

What if there was a extremist group for the malecai's like anti magi kill on sight militia type people like racism in a way have them infiltrate the Mage rebellion and try to poison them or enter a Mage camp just to massacre them

visualspice

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on January 17, 2014, 02:00:42 PM
What if there was a extremist group for the malecai's like anti magi kill on sight militia type people like racism in a way have them infiltrate the Mage rebellion and try to poison them or enter a Mage camp just to massacre them

This is definitely a possibility :)
and I'm assuming you mean mordecai? Though technically, the entire war itself is making the nation seem more extreme. But it's very possible radicals among the nation, not even necessarily mordecai, might band together to thwart mage efforts, however, if one were so inclined to want to hurt mages- they could just join the army :)

Bringer of Fenrir

Yeah sorry cell auto corrected it and I ment like mordecai supporters but more chaotic not so political

visualspice

Quote from: Bringer of Fenrir on January 17, 2014, 02:09:41 PM
Yeah sorry cell auto corrected it and I ment like mordecai supporters but more chaotic not so political
That's definitely a possibility :)  Would you want to start a character or group for this, or are you just making a suggestion?
and omg, I know what you mean on cellphone auto-correct. I've accidentally saved typos on my phone and I constantly struggle with only/onky since I saved onky on it lol

EDIT: and what I mean is I saved onky to my phone's dictionary :T a cool feature, until THOSE mistakes happen T_T Since I can add my character's name to the dictionary but then yeha.. typos get saved somehow too!

Bringer of Fenrir

Lol my typos are lol/lol and tool oil/coolio

I would start a character who would be an anti-Mage racist terrorist basically possibly a bastard of a noble who was killed by a Mage? Bastard so I don't have a title but income for money and mordecai weaponry as well as some of the false weapons given out? Which I or someone in the group could find out which would only fuel our hate for the mage's

visualspice

@ Fenrir-
Yeah lol but phones are nice to post by if you don't have a computer in front of you and you're on the go.  But this idea is very possible :)
Not sure if the weapons thing is a go or not, I know it's been mentioned but I haven't seen much plotting aside from that but I'd be willing to offer my character Leif to possibly end up on the opposing side of this extremist group, especially if they begin to be a threat to his secret identity, the city and the secret about his sister, Attalia. Could be a fun thread :)
Though did you say you wanted him to be a mordecai or just a mage hater? If they were both mordecai it'd be interesting bu tyeah, just a suggestion.

Could also see if anyone else has any other ideas :)

Bringer of Fenrir

I would want to be a bastard Mordecai if anything with a group of Mage haters with a whole inglorious bastards feel like our sole purpose is to cause chaos and kill as much as we can :P yea that could be fun have an opposing factor the other extreme side

visualspice

ok. Feel free to ask more questions if you got 'em. And good luck fleshing out the profile when you get there.

Bringer of Fenrir

Bringer of Fenrir

visualspice

Attention connlaothian soldiers, mercs and any mages (ones that might be imprisoned in a camp)! An event is still in the works but I'll be closing the door for participation soon but wanted to post once again that it is happening. This is by no means the last of the group events for the civil war, and I always encourage others to create their own, unique, one on one threads, too ^_^

So just a reminder, please check out the FORT ATTACK plotting there here.

And for those curious about the ball thread, it's currently 'ON HOLD' at this time.

visualspice

As a random through to stir interest for a possible mini-event (or just some threads)- would anyone be interested in something themed around one of the Connlaothian holidays? It may or may not lead into some sort of attack- not sure yet, but I wanted to post this idea before I forgot!

magnaroman2013

Yorin I see being easily swayed to join the fight for the Mages. He is young and idealistic.

visualspice

@ ana and paradox

I have no idea it's just a thought I've had a while and wanted to see what sort of interest it would generate. If you have ideas, don't hesitate to post them!

and cool, magna-
If you ever have any ideas for plots or the like revolving around the war (like specifics/ more details) don't hesitate to post more here ^_^