Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Quote from: visualspice on February 05, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
As a random through to stir interest for a possible mini-event (or just some threads)- would anyone be interested in something themed around one of the Connlaothian holidays? It may or may not lead into some sort of attack- not sure yet, but I wanted to post this idea before I forgot!

Let me try this again. lol.

It depends on the time and place for many of my characters. xD

magnaroman2013

The idea that I get from reading the whole society part of the wiki, would attacking during a Holiday be a kosher thing to do?

I see certain holidays as being non violent or at least thats the vibe I get.

magnaroman2013

I just wanted to add, whatever side Yorin ends up fighting for it is important that it gets rped out, at least for my own sense of well being.

Paradox

To radicals, holidays would be a perfect time to orchestrate an attack. They're anti-Ansgar and mostly anti-government.

visualspice

Another plot idea-
Connlaoth is about to get one of the worst winter's in it's history.
Any thoughts on this?
Just figured I'd post this here incase anyone else wants to play with such an idea :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bringer of Fenrir

That would be good then my guy could use that to his advantage. Like attacking the camps during storms forcing the people in the camps out I to the wilderness then hunting them down as PoW and escaped convicts. Also funny cause where I am it's the coldest it been in 65 years lol

Cambie

It'll make for some awesome "survival in the wilderness" games.

And for all the nobles around... HOT CHOCOLATE

Anadwen

I have a character that mostly wanders around Connlaoth and is a very powerful mage... plus, he hates the Connlaothian system.

please, sign Thranuilas for the side of the mages!

Paradox

Please. Connlaoth has nothing on Sinonad (Hyoite). xD

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on February 11, 2014, 08:04:39 AM
Please. Connlaoth has nothing on Sinonad (Hyoite). xD

lol the idea was to make them appear as terribly cold and snowy as their Northern neighbor D8
BLIZZARD!

or

SNOWpocolypse!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Paradox

So whatever happened to your last idea? The attack on a holiday ? Still gonna plan for that one or have you lost interest?

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on February 11, 2014, 09:08:36 AM
So whatever happened to your last idea? The attack on a holiday ? Still gonna plan for that one or have you lost interest?

I didn't lose interest, I just had a second idea I forgot to post 8D
I just am posting random things to see what stirs up interest and other ideas~

kleineklementine

Wulfbauer Update

Hey guys! Due to my continued absence, I think I should free up the Duchy of Wulfbauer for someone who's actually active. Currently, the Duke of Wulfbauer is Harlow Carwick, father of my character Constance "Olive" Carwick. Since women can't inherit, the next-in-line is her second cousin Avery Carwick (and anyway, Olive is an outlaw mage on the run!).

Now, cut to the behind-the-scenes drama!:

Since war's a chaotic time full of unrest, Harlow (the current duke), has been assassinated by a rogue band of mage extremists. Tragic! Avery was "crowned"(? what happens when you're a duke?) as the new Duke of Wulfbauer and held the position for about a month. During this time, concerned about the affect the war is having on the country, he began to scale back the deportation of Wulfbauer's mages to the camps and the general mage hunt, but cited resources and didn't make a clear statement for or against the Grand Duke's policies. A man of the people, though, Avery stayed with his troops in the war, and was killed in battle, leaving Wulfbauer with no clear successor for the Duke.

Have at it! Obviously anyone interested in taking this position will have to go through Spice/Rhi/Tally. Also, I hope to play Olive more in the future, so potential interesting plot potential there for whoever takes this role!

Have fun!

Cheerio,
Kleine

Cambie

Quote from: kleineklementine on February 21, 2014, 07:30:23 AM
Wulfbauer Update

Hey guys! Due to my continued absence, I think I should free up the Duchy of Wulfbauer for someone who's actually active. Currently, the Duke of Wulfbauer is Harlow Carwick, father of my character Constance "Olive" Carwick. Since women can't inherit, the next-in-line is her second cousin Avery Carwick (and anyway, Olive is an outlaw mage on the run!).

Since war's a chaotic time full of unrest, Harlow (the current duke), has been assassinated by a rogue band of mage extremists. Tragic! Avery was "crowned"(? what happens when you're a duke?) as the new Duke of Wulfbauer and held the position for about a month. During this time, concerned about the affect the war is having on the country, he began to scale back the deportation of Wulfbauer's mages to the camps and the general mage hunt, but cited resources and didn't make a clear statement for or against the Grand Duke's policies. A man of the people, though, Avery stayed with his troops in the war, and was killed in battle, leaving Wulfbauer with no clear successor for the Duke.

Have at it! Obviously anyone interested in taking this position will have to go through Spice/Rhi/Tally. Also, I hope to play Olive more in the future, so potential interesting plot potential there for whoever takes this role!

Have fun!

Cheerio,
Kleine

Poor klei, come back soon!

In the meantime, I'd like to throw my name into the hat for this. I'll try to make you proud :D

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on February 21, 2014, 08:08:42 AM
Quote from: kleineklementine on February 21, 2014, 07:30:23 AM
Wulfbauer Update

Have fun!

Cheerio,
Kleine

Poor klei, come back soon!

In the meantime, I'd like to throw my name into the hat for this. I'll try to make you proud :D

Consider Wulfauer SOLD to the highest bidder lol
or something
:|

kleineklementine

Oh, right, and I just remembered Avery also had a brother. Obviously also tragically mowed down in the brutality of the war. ^^;

(Unless I guess Cambie wants to play him, that's fine, but otherwise TRAGICALLY MOWED DOWN.)

visualspice

Winters-Feather

a bad winter would mean less food, especially with troupes... less food means garden/earth ish mages grow (Get it?) desperate  and/or smugglers try to ferry food. ? *possible stuff*?