Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on April 06, 2014, 02:03:17 PM
Her knight standard training makes her formidable. Flirt = face in dirt.

And sure, she'll punch her way through it, before sweet talking Calent into opening up new trade with Serendipity, which would be a cover for smuggling mages out of the country.
You might want to PM Rhi on this one as it could open a war between Connlaoth and Serendipity >_> and I'd rather not trek on that :T
any other ideas?

Also ana, just a heads up ont he regent position- since the dude never PMed me, I'll re-look over Lucien at some point this week (probably this evening or tomorrow, kind of buy :T )
Seems like you're likely to get it so we can start plotting things soon <3
My thoughts on this position are that before Lucien was given the position, the regent position was a revolving door since Grand Duke Allarrick is so picky with his close, political peers. Vesrik, his visier (who's link is in my signature) I'm thinking may have suggested Lucien for the position, konwing his reputation (to some degree) and knowing full well he could manipulate Lucien if he had to.

Vesrik has alot of shady company no one knows about, and Lucien would be watched day in and day out (as any man of this position would be)- so any wrong step Vesrik would use against him to either have Calent get him fired (which, mind you, if he does ANYTHING wrong, would probably get him fired, or so the rumors are said XD )  OR, he'd use his mistakes against him to keep Lucien beneath his clutches.

Any jobs or events for the regent have to go through me- or you can assume Calent will not approve. However, that doesn't mean you can't do something anyways, just know there can be consequences since this is a position chosen by the Grand Duke- so he won't stand for people who are ignorant or disobedient to the crown.

<3 so with that being said, start tossing ideas my way, either here or via PM :3
woo for plotting >D *rubs hands together*
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Only people who she finds over step their boundaries. And she makes it very clear with a long, low growl, and lots of sarcasm.

And yes, plotting! So. The beginning of negotiation of trade routes? Or the simple meet and greet?

visualspice

Just as a friendly reminder, any major going ons in Connlaoth are not presumed to be apart of the war event unless discussed with me. As mentioned in the FAQ section, Connlaoth is still a creative playground and the event is just in place for those who wish to have it affect their characters ^_^
So if anything is going on that's major, you can presume it happened years prior to the event~

That being said >_> if your thread is not on the timeline and is meant to be there (or your character added to the character list...) let me know so I can keep the page as updated as possible <3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

you forgot to add Lucien to the character roster. he's not really for or against the mages... he's gonna be on the victor's side whatever happens. or at least he's gonna try to.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on April 22, 2014, 09:07:21 AM
you forgot to add Lucien to the character roster. he's not really for or against the mages... he's gonna be on the victor's side whatever happens. or at least he's gonna try to.
Okay, I added him.

And there might not ever be a 'victor' XD
I've been working on some ideas for 'the end of the war', but not all the details or how it will directly affect Connlaoth as a whole when the war finally comes to an end- <3

So for all we know, this war, which has been going on for about 8 some years now, might go on for another decade or so, so keep that in mind :D this is an event that is pretty large (in what area it affects and how muhc time it affects in Connlaoth's current history)

Also, we need to plot for Lucien and how he gets his position XD I forget, did I PM you my ideas, Ana?

Anadwen

I dunno, I forgot, too XD

but we can plot if you wanna. Lucien is a sly and damn clever guy that will do whatever to get out with his own hide safe, and with a bunch of money, so take that into account... also, he won't get manipulated. he's the puppet master XD

so I guess that would be how he got the position. manipulating someone to give it to him.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on April 22, 2014, 09:27:43 AM
I dunno, I forgot, too XD

but we can plot if you wanna. Lucien is a sly and damn clever guy that will do whatever to get out with his own hide safe, and with a bunch of money, so take that into account... also, he won't get manipulated. he's the puppet master XD

so I guess that would be how he got the position. manipulating someone to give it to him.

Actually, I was thinking Calent's current adviser, Vesrik, may have suggested Lucien for the job. Vesrik is a puppet master himself, doing a lot of behind the scenes work the Grand Duke is not aware of- so anyone in a position near him Vesrik will watch (or have his men watch) like a hawk. So it could be totally fun having their egos collide :D

The position as regent, since he's coming into the story so late- I was going to have us presume was like a revolving door- since Calent has trust issues and it may or may not (to some) be perceived as a joke position. So it could be a cool thing for Lucien to play off on if he wants to prove his stuff and what have you <3

But also be aware, the position, if he messes up, he could be fired from, or worse :T hanged if he's caught doing things against the Grand Duke's laws/ wishes.
So could be a lot of fun <3

Post any ideas here so maybe we can keep track of them better since you and I apparently have forgetful brains  8D

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on April 08, 2014, 07:11:17 AM
Only people who she finds over step their boundaries. And she makes it very clear with a long, low growl, and lots of sarcasm.

And yes, plotting! So. The beginning of negotiation of trade routes? Or the simple meet and greet?

We could do a meet and greet if you wish, Bris~ and it could lead to a possible talk of a trade route XD might not go anywhere but it can definitely become apart of the dialogue <3
Did you want to start a thread? I know I owe a bunch of posts/ new threads already, so if you've got the time- I won't mind if you want to start the thread. Could post something in the Grand Duke's palace or just Reajh~

Brisinger987

I'll put something up in the Grand Palace and PM you a link, I'll have it start with discussions about trade routes, and perhaps move Viara onto heavier subjects, like the civil war, and actually make it clear that Serendipity will not send aid to either side because of their stance on magic or something.

And, Spice... In the wake of this civil war, do you think tensions would be very, very high surrounding mages, and if a Shade were to come and take over Reajh, how would the public react? Another mage purge, or just scared?

visualspice

Uh, what's your definition of a Shade? Just confused how anything magical could do anything to affect the city, due to the increased mordecai and adhara presence in the capital. It's possible to discuss something like this for a future event, but as it stands now, I'm still working on a few major events I'd like to see come to fruition before that could even happen. We have a really long, cold winter ahead in Connlaoth, that could, perhaps in the year or two it's over, lead to something like what you mentioned possibly happening- but as it stands now, I'd prefer to keep things among the people of Connlaoth rather that large, outside sources coming in to terrorize them :P

But not to say I'm going to completely say no to the idea XD it's just going to have to wait before I'd allow it to happen if it's to be a civil war event (plus you and I would have to discuss the particulars).

For now, I'd say get something involving Viara up and we'll go from there :)

Brisinger987

I mean after the civil war is over, how would people feel, would there still be high tensions and persecution or would it be more equal? Because my definition of a shade is the Paolini version, a sorcerer/summoner who summoned a demon too powerful, and got possessed. Only, in this case, the demon isn't your average "chaos and blood" demon, more of a "lets wreck a country the long and dangerous way" demon.

And of course, I will get that Viara thread up.

visualspice

@ Bris, I can't say for sure how Connlaoth will be after the war is over- but the war will by no means cure any bad feelings towards mages. And anti-magic feeling or not, if that were to happen ANYWHERE, people would be upset :P

visualspice

Just so it's noted, the F.A.Q. page has been updated to reflect the quoted text below under the section: Does the civil war affect all of Connlaoth?
Also, on this note- ALL threads in Connlaoth will not be presumed to be apart of the civil war unless posted on the plotting page here. If your post or event would affect Connlaoth as a whole, it needs approved by me. Other wise, it's assumed the thread that's going on is during the time prior to the civil war (especially in any major cities). Thanks!

visualspice

awesome, I'll look at it once I got a free moment XD doing some drawings now~

Elphaba

visualspice

For those of you craving to 'hunt' mages as some sort of warrior priest/priestess- Check out lion's organization: The Order of St. Agratha.
It's quite an extensive posting on all of the details there in of this branch of the church and what these 'templar' type characters have as far as abilities and what their jobs are to be. If interested, you could PM lion or post here :)

Just wanted to make a posting about it to give it some more love since it's a pretty awesome thing <3

Ivory

Hear ye, hear ye!

In the Autumn of the Eighth Year of Grand Duke Calent's Reign, the Grand Duke's home duchy of Allar has suffered a terrible flood.  Located on the coast of the duchy, Allar [the capital city] was extensively damaged when the harbor walls collapsed and allowed seawater to flood into the city.  Hundreds have been killed.  Some remain missing and are presumed dead.  Many, many more Allarrians are without shelter and must endure the bitter cold autumn nights beneath the stars.  Even the Duke has been put out of his home; until the waters recede, the palace is uninhabitable.

Duke Molneux has asked his citizens help each other through this difficult time.  People with nearby county estates or homes that remain undamaged have been asked to take in as many women and children as they can.  To help those left without food, the Duke has already purchased food from the winter stores for distribution.  It seems even in this time of crisis, he is aware of the impact such a large reduction could have in the coming months, for the food has been carefully rationed.  Those close to the Duke claim that even he is eating porridge and day-old bread, and he has promised to help rebuild the city with his personal fortune and his own two hands, if necessary.

The city of Allar flooded when the harbor walls cracked, then suddenly gave way, according to official reports.  Speaking to citizens, however, reveals a different story.  Witnesses claim the city, particularly those areas near the palace, were flooding well before the walls broke down.  Others claim to have seen water flowing uphill into the palace gardens in a decidedly unnatural way.  Was magic involved?  Is Duke Molneux, a man known to be as dedicated to the eradication of the mage threat as the Grand Duke himself, hiding something?  Is it his humble beginnings that drives Duke Molneux to dedicate his time and his money to helping the common Allarrian, or is he trying to make amends for covering up a dark secret?

Officially, the flood was an unfortunate, but natural event...but many Allarrians still have questions about the events of that day.  This crier will keep you updated as we learn more.

visualspice

-To add to Ivory's statement
SOME even have seen certain men in masks gallivanting about in the flood waters- but a lot just believe that's them being superstitious.

*cough- Audric and Leif- cough*

The thread where this happens takes place here, for those interested in reading it!

But some random people believe the masked mordecai and the shrouded swordsman may have been there, but most people- as stated above, think that is too far fetched.