Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

How did I forget about them?  D:  Bad Vries!  Bad!

visualspice

The Story Section of the information page has been updated to include the follow text:

In reaction to the mage camps, mage supporters have grown in number, though remain a secret among the masses. Though there is no unified group, mage support is apparent, and those that help, help where they can. Those that fight are a part of small, semi-organized factions who conduct guerrilla style tactics against the army in attempts to free repressed mages, and also in hopes to have their voices heard. Though they are not organized nor unified in any manner, the mage supporters remain strong in their groupings, like bands of families willing to die and protect those who have been wronged. They can only pray to Ansgar, or whatever deity they believe, that this tiresome war will come to an end.

I realize there was no explanation on how the mage side was organized anywhere on the information page. I hope this helps clarify how the mage side to this war works :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The Duchy Information Page has been updated to include information on the Duchy of Ajhfeld.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Ugh, I FINALLY updated the summary page with a list of important events including character links + thread links.

I know the Timeline needs updated, but maybe I'll get to that tomorrow or somethin' :T

I left out current events that have yet to happen (such as as the stuff going on with the new regent as well as the Attack on Fort Dhagh. Expect to see those summaries the next time around :)

And this reminds me how outdated some of my character profiles are ._.
And the character list on the character page for this event XD
oh well :T
I'll add that to my list of things to do >_>

visualspice

A Mini Events page has been added!
Hopefully we'll get more mini-events to come.

I'd still like to host another Ball event in Hellvion where it ends in a mage attack. If interested in this, let me know! It would be restricted in who could attend. Nobles only, and only nobles the Duchess Melora would approve of. Poke me or PM me for more details XD

This event will probably happen in year 9, after the long winter and at the end of the spring thaw when things start to dry up and everyone is itching for a party after being cooped up for months! This event could possibly be where the new heir of Hellvion is announced, but we'll see! The event still would be a long ways comin' :T

visualspice

I've been neglecting these updates for a while :T
Still over whelmed at the character list and timeline that need updated XD
But I'll get there slowly but surely <3

visualspice

The Character Page has been updated! With over 60 characters in play, this is definitely one of the most active and largely run (and longest run?) site wide events! SooOooo,t his being said I need all of your help to ensure I got everyone on there since the character section now includes LINKS.

That's right! Each character who is now involved in the Civil War is linked on that page for easy access ^_^
If you don't see your nobleman, if they're a Duke or part of the family of the Duke of a ruling family, follow the link provided under the High Nobility's section. If you see your character missing, post it here and let me know who is not there and I can fix it! :)

This page hasn't been updated in a while so I won't be surprised if some of them are missing :T

<3 Thanks in advanced for your guys help! Just post it here or PM me!

visualspice

OKAY

@_@

The Timeline is finally updated! If things seem out of place, are missing or you can't find your thread or are not sure if it's on there, let me know! I can fix or explain things (hopefully!)

As it stands, however, this is the most up to date as it's gonna get for tonight as I have only 3 more threads that I'm aware of to add but I gotta poke @Lion  and @Moonie for them for my threads with Ania and Jack x.x

Brisinger987

Can the new Kirnardaz join in? He's not immortal or demon anymore, he's only a human!

Ivory

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on May 16, 2014, 06:05:22 AM
Can the new Kirnardaz join in? He's not immortal or demon anymore, he's only a human!

Yeah but he's not Connlaothian. I'm really just looking for Connlaothians for the war since it's a civil war and want to focus on the strife between it's people.

Quote from: Ivory on May 16, 2014, 08:03:47 AM
You do awesome work, Spice.  Awesome work.
Thanks vries @_@
It takes alot of effort to organize this stuff >_<

Anadwen

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16933.new#new

check out Miku, the Adelan ambassador in Connlaoth who definitely doesn't enjoy two things: the winter, and the mage camps. though, he keeps his mouth shut for most times so they don't take away the extra amounts of wood to keep his residence warm XD

visualspice

I'll have to look him over when I'm more awake XD
I'm all @_@ now

visualspice

I'm still working out the kinks on this character who's been in my head for a while but I hadn't gotten around to figuring out ways to flesh her out, but here she is- yet ANOTHER Connlaothian noble- Lady Helaina Boehman. I intend to have her involved in some Ajhfeld drama after the Duchy gets affected by the Duke of Turgall's attack.

kleineklementine

visualspice

Looking for Some Plots?

Then look no further! The Connlaothian Civil War event houses countless numbers of sub plots of all kinds for members, old and new, to get involved with ^_^

The civil war may look daunting, but it has a lot of clear cut major events that are possible to have affected your characters, OR could entice you to make some new characters to play along with all of the fun dramas and adventures that await you!

While the timeline may look terrifying, it show cases that a lot of people are interested in such an intricate plot- and it means you are more than welcome to post ideas or post here in hopes to want to jump in ^_^

Now you don't necessarily have to read up on all of the civil war events that have happened, I'm going to list a few here that will hopefully get your creative juices to want to be involved ^_^

THE GREAT FLOOD OF ALLAR CITY: The capital city of Allar, and the duchy the Grand Duke was originally from, had a massive flood destroy much of the land and claim many lives during year 8 of the war. The thread this takes place in was here; and though that is not an open thread, you are encouraged to feel free to make your own threads and plots based on this event ^_^

THE BIG WINTER At the end of year 8, ALL of Connlaoth suffered a terrible winter that affected the ENTIRE country. Food supplies were low, the war was still as bloody as ever- so how could THIS affect your character into wanting to be apart of or against this war?

THE CONQUEST AGAINST AJHFELD  This is an event that is STILL going on! We welcome soldiers and supports of and against the war alike to join! More information about the fall of this duchy and the battle to come can be found here!- Although the page says it's closed to knew submissions, if you have a good idea and want to jump in, now is the time before the big battle begins so toss your ideas my way to see if it can work!
Also, since Ajhfeld is going to be 'conquered' by the lesser Duchy of Turgall- it IS possible for anyone wanting to participate in how the people of Ajhfeld feel about being conquered during this winter. A lot of people would have died, nobles are shamed and upset (some even kept under house arrest or made prisoners)- so there's a lot to play with in there even if you are not up for joining the battle! There is much drama to be had!
I also have a character from the nobility of Ajhfeld who I could use a plot or two (perhaps some family plots, etc) to get some darker plots started there. Check out my character Helaina Boehman if interested.

These are just some suggestions, I'll post some more as they come to me but don't hesitate to contact me or post in response to this post if interested!

Slightly Awkward New Guy

For Mages!

The secretly-a-mage famous blacksmith Alex Stone/

visualspice

Just a reminder, if anyone has created a thread that involves the civil war, please let me know which year it takes place, the thread link, and a brief summary so I can add it to the Time Line.

visualspice

Quote from: Slightly Awkward New Guy on June 14, 2014, 11:58:16 AM
For Mages!

The secretly-a-mage famous blacksmith Alex Stone/

Do you have the character's profile link so I can add him to the characters' section?