Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Wait...does this have anything to do with the war, or am I just going a little bit loony. I thought we were talking about the war, or something along those lines...whoops.

visualspice

Well the entire thread is war related, yes, but I was replying to Sil's question posted here XD

So are you inquiring about your characters ability to be involved in the war, hidden? XD just want to clarify that x.X
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

thehiddenbeast13

Yes I wanted to take one character out and replace him with my new character Bovil. I'm still so confused my head hurts...X_o

visualspice

Hidden, are your characters currently involved with the war or are you seeking to possibly participate?

Oh, and you can also have more than one character involved.

>_> I have many.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

thehiddenbeast13

Eh one character is fine for me...Besides I don't think a mage would get along with a centaur too well.

I don't know anymore...Participate? I have no idea if I'm in or not.

visualspice

lol, hidden, you are posting in the plotting thread specifically FOR the Connlaothian Civil war XD
So if you are interested in participating in this event, just be sure your ideas fall in line with the F.A.Q.'s located on the information page.

SilmeriaElemred

You could see Silmeria's humanform as a disguise to be amongst 'normal' people. She does not require a human form to live. As for her magic, creating and manipulating fire and healing tears... will need to think about wether mordecai powers work on it or not.

But I am sure at least one person would have seen a phoenix descending from the sky and land somewhere in the valley though xD

I will think about it.
I had not discussed it with Pixie and Nova yet

visualspice

No worries! And if you do decide you'd like this thread affected by the war, just let me know so I can add it to the timeline~

visualspice

Just bumping this to let everyone know that this large event is STILL ACTIVE and we're always looking for new plots and characters to join!
Should you have an idea or an active thread that needs to go on the Timeline page, please indicate it here ^_^

kleineklementine

And even some [ahem kind of] active/open threads for nobles at the Fireworks Ball!

SilmeriaElemred

Originally I would not mind Silmeria freeing a mage camp but we are a little slow due writersblocks etc  in the thread she's currently in :(
Would have been awesome to have a phoenix land in a magecamp and free them, bringing the mages to safety xD

visualspice

That's still a possibility! Would you be interested in another thread... or?

SilmeriaElemred

I could discuss again with Nova and pixie wether we could make a followup thread in advance.
Sil would by the way not stick on freeing one mage camp. She is rather experienced as general (since she has been one xD)

visualspice

It might be funny if she ran into my one general, 'Krah'- so famously dubbed 'The God of War' (and he's got such the ego >_> )

SilmeriaElemred

basicly there are two optoins
one is that a patrol finds her, or two she will litterly throw herself in.

will think of something ^^

Sen Aeyn

Ethereal-Star

Um, hi here. I have a couple (minor) ideas. Not sure how they would directly fit in though, if at all. I think what I have in mind is more suited to indirect plots that would have very little if any effect on the war itself.

As for the ideas/characters: I know you said no god-like or uber characters however, I thought it might prove of interest to you to know of some side stories I hope to do with these two characters of mine in the sandbox style that this site is known for. Meaning that they would be separate to your event. The characters in question are an Angel of Peace and a Valkyrie. They are strictly sideline characters only.

The angel's role in this is trying to find a way to somehow end the conflict as she has a vested interest in this. She does not condone violence and will seek indirectly to heal any damage and turmoil that has been caused. Keep in mind she does NOT fight nor will she have any major influence either. I was thinking something along the lines of dealing with the war's aftermath and observing the duration of the war from the sidelines. Trying to serve as a source of peace and comfort in hard times or some such. But not having any major super powers that would undo all your hard work. For her, it doesn't work quite like that, it would be a long process with others like her working together from the background. Make sense? I don't actually have her profile up (yet) but I hope to soon. Then you can read it at your leisure. One of the main things about this character is that she does not directly step foot into a war zone as that is not her style. But more on the profile to come.

The Valkyrie though is a bit different. Since you are forbidding any outside influence in the case of fighting or direct support causes, this one will not be fighting either. However, her main task is to collect the souls of any slain warriors that she deems to be worthy to take back to Valhalla to prepare for the final battle between good and evil. There was one character I think is deceased from the war and I will have to PM that person to ask about potential threads regarding this. If they are even interested that is.

Just thought I'd mention all this for food for thought. I will admit I have not read all the info pertaining to the war (as there is a LOT) but I will hopefully get to most of it. Not sure if you want all the threads/story lines read too or just the main stuff. And reread the Connlaoth page too as I need to freshen my memory of it. I also would like the angel character to perhaps take a role/side role in the Essyrni slave uprising. But other than that, I have no other details regarding that at this time. I need to read the information first before I do add in anything else.

I'd love to know your thoughts on everything I've brought up.

visualspice

@Ethereal-Star  - something like that could work for sure! The reason the 'no god like' characters rule was implemented was because I wanted to keep the complexity of a well developed civil war in tact and not so easily resolved by the wave of a hand of a superior being :)

(I just love me some conflict >D )

It's a war, and during this sort of time period, these things dragged on- even well after one side would admit defeat- simply for the fact news moves slowly in this era, and also because not everyone would be so keen to just drop their arms completely because of how many years this war has gone on- and many of the scars run deep.

I'll think more on this and if I have more thoughts to add- I'll post 'em here! Feel free to do the same!

visualspice

Quote from: Sen Aeyn on November 29, 2014, 09:32:15 AM
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=17952.new#new

a mordecai and swordplay instructor could be rather useful for the Grand Duke I presume...

But of course :D
When I have a minute, I could look through my characters to see if I have any that I could plot with you with. Though it might take me some time as I have a lot of things to get finished plotting with, as well as trying to get caught up on all of my threads owed!

I've been a busy spicy since September @_@
But things are beginning to calm down- so yay for that!

Ethereal-Star

Quote from: visualspice on November 30, 2014, 10:15:06 AM
@Ethereal-Star  - something like that could work for sure! The reason the 'no god like' characters rule was implemented was because I wanted to keep the complexity of a well developed civil war in tact and not so easily resolved by the wave of a hand of a superior being :)

(I just love me some conflict >D )

It's a war, and during this sort of time period, these things dragged on- even well after one side would admit defeat- simply for the fact news moves slowly in this era, and also because not everyone would be so keen to just drop their arms completely because of how many years this war has gone on- and many of the scars run deep.

I'll think more on this and if I have more thoughts to add- I'll post 'em here! Feel free to do the same!

It may be awhile as I too have some threads currently in the works as well as a quest of mine I am trying to plan. But I digress.

I forgot to mention I am going to sometime make some Connloathian characters (2 Mordecai, 1 of them regular, the other Adhara, plus their father who is a painter). So 3 altogether. The 2 Mordecai would most definitely be directly involved, while the father not so much but it would affect him seeing as how his daughters are fighting in this war. Presuming it is still going on by the time I get the characters submitted. I hope so!

Will need some time to think more about the first two ideas with the angel and Valkyrie. So much to do, too many ideas!! Ack!!! LOL.