Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on January 04, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
speaking on this topic- should we have this event take place in the chaotic, leaderless duchy of Ajhfeld, or it could be elsewhere, like someplace near the capital? Or we could choose a more remote location as well- just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this.

Ooooh, I think it should be IN the capital!

visualspice

I've officially put up a 'Year Nine' Plotting page.
You can find the link here!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: LamiaGirl on January 04, 2015, 06:52:18 PM
Alrighty. Well i really want to be a part o this so im really open to ideas.
@LamiaGirl
Okay- despite being super duper exhausted, I'm going to try to organize my ideas here to toss your way and perhaps you can let me know which ones might appeal to you? I'm presuming you're interested in using your current character- but if you wanted to make another one or intended to use another, please let me know!

If you're looking for a quirky sort of adventure- I was hoping to start a new thread with basically this sort of introduction as this old, abandoned thread found here of my character Jack- or even just starting another thread. I'm not quite sure how Jack would react to a woman with half of her body as that of a snake- but the very thought amuses me terribly XD

If you'd prefer to have her be hunted or chased down by a character, I do have Zannrick or Kentamin- either of which could do the job- or even Krah (but I'm not sure how he'd be available for this, as he's a rather busy character int he war- though were he not so, he'd totally be up for hunting her XD )

I also have my one thief girl, Mae'leena that could be rather amusing to have a thread with. She's currently pregnant- so that only adds to her moody and feisty-ness!

It also might be funny for her to end up in a thread with the Grand Duke of Connlaoth- but I have no idea how that could even be possible XD

And on a completely unrelated note- I have my character Miersck that would also be amusing to toss her way- just cause I like tormenting Miersck for some reason lol
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LamiaGirl

I would love to do a thread like that with Jack. Abigale is accepting of mages and if she caught him using his power she would not be put out by it. She also is a genuinely good hearted person and if she stumbled upon Jack being in trouble for using his powers she would get involved.

I also love the being hunted idea. I can picture a scene in which Kentamin tries to use his power to "Cure" her of her magic only to realize she never had magical powers to begin with, just precast spells. Not to mention getting into a fight would be kinda neat.

She would think Mae'leena is cute. I haven't written this in her bio yet but Abi is going to be more interested in women than she is in men. So I don't know how that would work for you.

As for the grand Duke. That could be a lot of fun, but like you im having trouble coming up with ideas on how to make that work.

visualspice

@LamiaGirl - Well, we could do something with Jack and Mae'leena- because both would amuse me terribly XD
Mae'leena wouldn't exactly be the most amicable of company, considering her condition (since she's pregnant) and Jack is well.. Jack XD
Not sure how he'd deal with a snake lady but I guess we'll see! <3

Thinking more into it, it might be appropriate to start a new thread for Jack/ Abigail.

But let me know if you'd be okay with doing two threads- or we could try to combine two threads, where I play out both Jack and Mae'leena and you, Abigail (though both Jack and Mae'leena have other threads going on so I'd have to mind their personal time lines when starting such a thread)

Though I'm thinking separate threads makes sense? I dunno- what's your thoughts?

Anadwen

If the mordecai and other anti-mage forces would ever need a hound, willing to search for and identify magic users for some coin (and with an added ability of looking straight into their mind for some doubled or tripled price), Valentine's very willing to go north and do his job. Technically he is a mage himself... But money is money, and money is tight.

He can, with 100% accuracy, define if someone's a mage, or not. He can even tell you what magic they have! Very good for identifying mages on the run. And since he has little to no honor and works for the highest price on the market, you can rely on him!
Though I have my doubts that someone would be willing to pay a mage to search for mages... Perhaps such person exists, or am I wrong?

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 06, 2015, 09:20:17 AM
If the mordecai and other anti-mage forces would ever need a hound, willing to search for and identify magic users for some coin (and with an added ability of looking straight into their mind for some doubled or tripled price), Valentine's very willing to go north and do his job. Technically he is a mage himself... But money is money, and money is tight.

He can, with 100% accuracy, define if someone's a mage, or not. He can even tell you what magic they have! Very good for identifying mages on the run. And since he has little to no honor and works for the highest price on the market, you can rely on him!
Though I have my doubts that someone would be willing to pay a mage to search for mages... Perhaps such person exists, or am I wrong?

Oh, I like that idea! And yes, trust me, characters like that DO exist. The war isn't completely black and white like they try to portray it! And some of the techniques both sides might use would be pretty dirty. So using a mage against mages isn't entirely against SOME of the one's doing the fighting. (and who nkows, the one's doing the hiring might have ulterior motives!)

Anadwen

Now, the question is: who'd be willing to do that? Valentine would take coin from anyone, trust me, even if they were spawn of hell or a nightmare.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 06, 2015, 09:51:41 AM
Now, the question is: who'd be willing to do that? Valentine would take coin from anyone, trust me, even if they were spawn of hell or a nightmare.

If no one else wants to cough out ideas, I could dig through my characters to see if I have any that could work!

LamiaGirl

Lets start with a thread between jack and abigale and from there move onto other threads. I think jack has the greatest thread dynamic for the pair right now

visualspice

sounds good to me, @LamiaGirl - Do you want to start a thread, or shall I?

LamiaGirl

Would you be able to do a starter? Im not great at them.

visualspice

Quote from: LamiaGirl on January 06, 2015, 10:20:33 AM
Would you be able to do a starter? Im not great at them.

Sure thing! Not sure if I'll have time today (trying to play catch up on other things and I'm not feeling all too well) but once I do I'll PM or post the link for it here :D

LamiaGirl

visualspice

Does it matter where this takes place in Connlaoth? Just curious if your character has any area restrictions.

LamiaGirl

there are no restrictions. Im open to RP her anywhere. The cold can cause problems for her, but we do live in a world of magic so she could easily have a spell whipped up to keep her warm.

visualspice

@LamiaGirl  I'm hoping to get this thread up this evening- but I had another question!
Can lamia travel in winter or would she be in this area during warmer months?

LamiaGirl

Well Im actually writing up a thing for this site that would hopefully provide some new canon info in regards to Lamia. Im thinking yes they can travel in winter, but they easily prefer warmer months and places. They are part mammal and part reptile but im going with cold blooded.

Vyraena

Faelen needs to get involved in this somehow. Anyone want to do a thread with a mage hunter who can either kill mages, or leave them broken shells of their former selves who can no longer use magic?

visualspice

Quote from: Vyraena on January 10, 2015, 10:03:08 PM
Faelen needs to get involved in this somehow. Anyone want to do a thread with a mage hunter who can either kill mages, or leave them broken shells of their former selves who can no longer use magic?

For some reason, tossing my character Iyla at him amuses me XD
though she's not really a civil war character, but still!