Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Quote from: LamiaGirl on January 10, 2015, 10:02:19 PM
Well Im actually writing up a thing for this site that would hopefully provide some new canon info in regards to Lamia. Im thinking yes they can travel in winter, but they easily prefer warmer months and places. They are part mammal and part reptile but im going with cold blooded.

Ah okay- for some reason I was considering making the thread in winter- but I can do it in any month really :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@LamiaGirl - I'm going to work on getting a thread up for Jack and Abigale today :)
I've got an idea and am going to just run with it~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: visualspice on January 15, 2015, 12:23:25 PM
@LamiaGirl - I'm going to work on getting a thread up for Jack and Abigale today :)
I've got an idea and am going to just run with it~

Actually, I just got the thread up! You can find it here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18295.0

ChocbreadMarshmallow

So! I've been reading (Or skimming) through the background info and I'd love to participate on the "traditionalist" side. I was a little impatient and created a character before I understood that no lesser nobility was allowed, anymore, so I tweaked my character to be of a "wealthy peasant" origin and would enlist him in the Grand Duke's army. I was wondering if you would let such a thing even pass, seeing as there isn't really any land left on the map to claim or if I should rewrite the character's background, again.

visualspice

Oh, you can be a lesser noble, either a.lord or lady, just all ruling duke positions are currently taken :)

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Oh, in that case I'll gladly take that!

So, looking at how the duchies' status, Ajhfeld seems like the ideal spot, what with local lords and merchants gaining slightly more power due to no ruling house existing.

Are there any plans for a new ruling house rising or an oligarchy springing up in that general area? Are there any *gasp* efforts to secede from Connlaoth, for good? Or is it that, due to the deceased Duke, the Grand Duke has claimed the territory until a new duke has been chosen?

visualspice

I'll get you links to.more info once I get.on my computer next.

visualspice

Quote from: ChocbreadMarshmallow on January 15, 2015, 05:13:23 PM
Oh, in that case I'll gladly take that!

So, looking at how the duchies' status, Ajhfeld seems like the ideal spot, what with local lords and merchants gaining slightly more power due to no ruling house existing.

Are there any plans for a new ruling house rising or an oligarchy springing up in that general area? Are there any *gasp* efforts to secede from Connlaoth, for good? Or is it that, due to the deceased Duke, the Grand Duke has claimed the territory until a new duke has been chosen?

Whoops, @ChocbreadMarshmallow - I forgot to reply to this D8

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg148388#msg148388 <-- this link has a list of all of the current ruling dukes
and
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16377.msg177986#msg177986 <-- this page has some (most) of the information about each duchy.

I still need information from @Looshi , @Paradox , @Lion and @Rhi-Rhi so we can get pages up on their duchies XD

visualspice

oh and also to @Vincent if you're still interested in this event~

Ethereal-Star

I'm wondering if maybe my character Vanesse couldn't get some action in regards to deceased parties. More specifically, she is a Valkyrie and all that that entails so any dead characters that are out of the picture for good can still have a chance to RP in a sort of ghost form on the hidden island of Valhalla.

I haven't roleplayed Vanesse yet and would love to do so. So just toss whatever characters have perished from the war (if any) and their owners so I can PM them to see if they're interested in a plot like this. It would obviously not be directly civil war related, so it should be alright.

Basically Vanesse would ride in on her pegasus steed and collect the fallen soul(s) from the battlefield and take them back to Valhalla, where there they would get a sort of second chance at life and to offer their services up for a worthy cause. And Vanesse's views on mages and the like don't really matter, she is concerned with finding worthy fighter souls, not whose side they fought on. Let me know please.

R.R. Pebble

Trying to jump back in here (I think I'm caught up, maybe?)

I have two characters I'd like to throw in. (profiles to be posted this weekend hopefully.)

Arvid Kireti is a falconer who is a registered mage. He doesn't actually have any mage powers, he's just really attuned to his birds, but that was enough to get him registered. His family is gone and a rival family wants his place at court.
I'm thinking he'd be perfect for the Witch Trials plot (if that is still happening....)

The other character is a war veteran. He's been living/working among the women. (He's a bower - someone who makes bow weapons) and has some skill in smithing/masonry. Basically, a bit of a jack of all trades as long as the trade has to do with the machinery of war. He didn't want to give up being a soldier, but had to due to disability.
I'm thinking about a "home-front" plot for him. When the war isn't going well for the Connlaothians in his home Duchy, and he gets pressed back into service. Not sure where this would fit in the timeline. Suggestions welcome.
(He's not a mage, but he does have a secret and could possibly go either way in this war, given the right circumstances.)

visualspice

Both would work! As far as the witch trials sort of scenario- there hasn't been any more buzz on it since I think the last time you inquired, so perhaps people will see a renewed interest in it and we can get something like that started? Either way, both character ideas seem fun! Can't wait to see their profiles!

Klezmer Gryphon

@visualspice

So, as I was looking through my notes on my iPad, I found an old character idea, a naval officer, and was wondering if the Grand Duke would put the nation's navy (and the armed forces in general) under his direct command, or had already done so. If so, would he have need for an admiral?

Also, regarding the witch trial idea, I'm thinking that, just so not everyone going to trial gets hanged, I might do something similar to what happened in the play The Crucible where those who confess to using magic, whether they did or not, would be let off (or sent up North :/), while those who deny it or don't give any names or a confession get hanged or pressed to death (which involves tying the subject down and laying heavy stones on top of them until either they confess, or die, whichever happens first)

visualspice

@Klezmer Gryphon  - I'll have to look into this when I'm less busy D:
I haven't focused too much on major plot developing threads right now as I don't really have the time/ energy to give them appropriate thought and time of day x.x

But just poke me in about two weeks or so and I should be good for plotting!

Ethereal-Star

I like the idea of the Witch Trials and the Crucible idea too, as I remember seeing that. Anyway, I don't yet have any Connloath characters who could be involved in the war yet but I hope to soon. A couple Mordecai, one of them an Adhara knight, plus their father who while not directly involved as he's gonna be a retired soldier and a painter as of current, are the characters I'm thinking of putting in here. Plus Vanesse to an extent if that's okay.

viestrus01

(shoot, I don't know how to reply to stuff here yet TnT) Uh, you said one of the roles you wanted was everyday people who could get affected? Can I add my OC, Erynies, then? She's an amateur mage, basically.

Basically, she'll just wander into the city to rest up (as she does sometimes in other cities), completely oblivious about a civil war brewing, but then when the war starts she'll be stuck in between and needs to get out if she wants to live.

visualspice

Quote from: viestrus01 on March 26, 2015, 08:02:03 AM
(shoot, I don't know how to reply to stuff here yet TnT) Uh, you said one of the roles you wanted was everyday people who could get affected? Can I add my OC, Erynies, then? She's an amateur mage, basically.

Basically, she'll just wander into the city to rest up (as she does sometimes in other cities), completely oblivious about a civil war brewing, but then when the war starts she'll be stuck in between and needs to get out if she wants to live.

That's totally fine, @viestrus01 ! And feel free to poke around to see if anyone has an open thread or character they could toss your way. I might have a few that are open as well, but right now I'm working on replying to threads I still owe posts to :)

visualspice

Would there be any interest if I were to open a guild, of sorts, for the men that are high ranking in General Krah Mordeth's army in the war? They'd have to be as terrible in character as Krah is or they wouldn't last long in his company or with it :T

ALSO *EDITS* NO WOMEN. They would NOT last long here nor would make sense with this x.x

Just an idea I figure I'd toss out there if anyone is interested.

Also, I was thinking about putting up something about anyone wanting to take the reins in leading an army of conscripts and we could make a thing of that for year nine or year ten of the war~

Again, just posting up ideas to see where I can get some nibbles on things!

visualspice

New year nine or ten mini event proposed here!
Basically a Titanic like tragedy to befall a newly designed Connlaothian super ship. Let me know your thoughts on it's plotting page as linked above!

visualspice

The Time Line has been updated to include brief summaries for all current years of the war.