Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

after @kleineklementine pointed out, I think I accidentally added an additional year to the war! (whoops)

Year Seven should have a ton more threads (even though it has a ton to begin with) because a lot just happened to be going on that year!

Year seven would end on the thread that's now posted in year Eight title: "Gone With December"

And then year Nine will start with Last Days of the Frost and leads into the spring ball in Hellvion. (Darn winter for being in BOTH years!)

However, I could be wrong in my presumptions and if so, @Ivory might know since it involves the birth of the Grand Duchess's children- First being her son (that dies months after its birth) and then the birth of her daughter. )

So either I'll have to move her threads around involving that or um, figure something out XD
cause she'd need time in between plus nine months for all of her depression and drama that had happened to fit into the timeline appropriately :T
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on April 12, 2015, 11:36:21 AM
after @kleineklementine pointed out, I think I accidentally added an additional year to the war! (whoops)

And then year Nine will start with Last Days of the Frost and leads into the spring ball in Hellvion. (Darn winter for being in BOTH years!)

I think you mean "Year Eight." :)

visualspice

Creed Hunter

Hey everyone, I'm going to be joining the civil war XD just need to make my character

visualspice

Quote from: Creed Hunter on April 12, 2015, 09:02:30 PM
Hey everyone, I'm going to be joining the civil war XD just need to make my character

WOO! ALways excited to see FRESH MEAT- er I mean, MEMBERS be interested in joining!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :D
can't wait to see what sort of character you come up with @Creed Hunter !

Creed Hunter

Lion

The Civil War has already been going on for a while now.  But it's never too late to jump in.  So far it's been 9 years into the war, but only 5 years I think into actual fighting.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Creed Hunter

But there's no thread for it? sorry I'm quiet confused to be honest where can I find the actual threads for the war?

Lion

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Creed Hunter

Haha thanks, that I feel silly I keep looking at the thread

visualspice

yeah the war isn't just one thread, but MANY individual threads since the war affects so many areas and people over a broad period of time. Feel free to ask any other questions if you can't find your answers on the info page!

Lion

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

Hey guys, I had an idea and was wondering if anyone (or two) would be interested in doing a thread with a... Mage Camp Uprising!

Do you have a mage trodden down by the war? A rebel fighter in the making? Or an "innocent" just caught up in the wrong stuff? This could be the thread for you! On my part, it would mostly feature my character Silas, an otherwise peaceful mage who had his daughter taken away by the church before he was sent to the camps with the other mages from his area. Though Olive would almost certainly also be involved a bit.

The setting: Beyond the borders of Connlaoth, the Church has built "unofficial" camps where away from the eyes of the populace. In this dreary, cold, and lifeless place they plan to use the captive population of mages for the secret experiments conducted by the Mordecai (see: here). With no one to help them and the threat of the experiments - from which few return alive, and those who live are never the same - what choice do the mages have but to escape?

Timeline: This would be set in Year Five of the war (so earlier than the "latest" events).

Let me know if anyone is interested! I'd be up to threading with one or two (maaaaaaybe three, but would prefer to keep it smaller) others on it! :D

kleineklementine

Quote from: Samocles on April 30, 2015, 10:51:06 PM
I'd like to join!

Hey @Samocles ! You're interested in the civil war in general, or my vertu top notch exciting idea for a camp uprising thread in particular?  :D

Samocles

Hey @Samocles ! You're interested in the civil war in general, or my vertu top notch exciting idea for a camp uprising thread in particular?  :D
[/quote]

Just in general, although your idea sounds cool as well.

visualspice

@Samocles - Feel free to read up on the war's info page found here if you want to know anything about the war :)

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here!

visualspice

So it's been over a year since any of the requested members get to me duchy information pages found here.

@Rhi-Rhi , @Looshi , @Vincent @Paradox and @Lion

If you're still interested in your respective duchies, please let me know, other wise I'll have to open them up as its not fair to keep said duchies stagnant when there is an interest in others making some claims to them to help develop the politics and ruling houses here.

EDIT:
I've heard back from lion, so just waiting to hear from the rest! If any of you needed to plot to iron out any politics, just let me know, but I'm sure whatever you come up with will work :)

Draconian

Are there any specific things y'all are looking for? Buddies? People from the past? I don't really want to throw a whole fresh character in if I can help it, but I'd be more than happy to fill in a "looking for" role!

If not, I can bring back a mordecai character I had before who is a Mage symphony and wiggle them in somewhere. : D