Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

I have like an endless sea of ideas lol
I know I PMed you on the one, but if you ever want more, you can always ask 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Quote from: Draco on May 17, 2015, 03:24:06 PM
Are there any specific things y'all are looking for? Buddies? People from the past? I don't really want to throw a whole fresh character in if I can help it, but I'd be more than happy to fill in a "looking for" role!

I have had an idea for a former possible romantic interest/friend of my character Constance Carwick, torn to the opposite side of the Civil War. But! Since you already got some nibbles, I'll let you decide if you want me to bother you with more info or not. :D Feel free to PM me if you're maybe interested.

Torack

I'm really interested in this! If the plot won't mind another Mordecai, I'd like to have my newly made character join in on the civil war!

visualspice

Quote from: Torack on June 26, 2015, 04:48:21 AM
I'm really interested in this! If the plot won't mind another Mordecai, I'd like to have my newly made character join in on the civil war!

@Torack. Of course! This plot is still going on! What sort of story are you looking to get into?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

A bit belated, but thanks to @Lion the Duchy Information Page has been updated to include Belkrath!

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ethereal-Star

I hope I am not too late to join a few characters into this civil war. The Mordecai and Adhara Knight as well as their father I'm still fleshing out the details of their respective profiles, and I'm not sure at this point how long that's gonna take. I guess it depends on how long you think @visualspice that this war will last for. If I'm too late, just say so. It's kind of my own fault for waiting this long, even though I know this event has been going on for longer than I've been a member for, I think. Still, could'a jumped in sooner. I am still interested, just worried that I'm too late to the party. ??? :-\

visualspice

Of course it's not too late to join! You'll just have to be aware that the war itself has been going on for years at this point so reading up on the summaries would be a good idea! Other than that, you can ask me questions and post your ideas for your characters here :D

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on August 16, 2015, 04:24:55 AM
Of course it's not too late to join! You'll just have to be aware that the war itself has been going on for years at this point so reading up on the summaries would be a good idea! Other than that, you can ask me questions and post your ideas for your characters here :D

No reason that you can't make a thread in any year of the war, though!

Ethereal-Star

Quote from: visualspice on August 16, 2015, 04:24:55 AM

Alright, neat, thanks. Still need to give them a background/history, well two of them at least. And some other stuffs, I think. Or maybe that was it. Dunno right off hand. I'll be sure to post the links to their profiles here along with some ideas once they're done and up!

Ethereal-Star

Quote from: kleineklementine on August 16, 2015, 05:15:33 AM
No reason that you can't make a thread in any year of the war, though!

True, very true. Thanks for the reminder, Klein. :)

visualspice

Just a reminder to all, this event is still going on and we're always looking for more people to join in on the chaos :D

Gligar

Oooh yeah, I might be able to get something done here.

visualspice

Yep! Any ideas people would like to see happen in the civil war's future or current season, let me know :D

visualspice

As this event is still going on, I want to remind everyone you can jump in at any time with ideas or characters!

There is tons of political drama and intrigue laced with this event. There may be some major openings within the duchies opening up for Dukes or higher lords and ladies (lords and ladies are always welcome and wanted!).

The current year (Year 10) is the year of the draft, so all men of eligible age are instructed to fight for the Grand Duke. Those that do not either hide, flee or rebel themselves. Not all duchies are supporting the Grand Duke at this point, and so the civil war continues with its blood shed. This being said, I'm plotting an eventual uprising of the people of Uthlyn- which is the major city/ hub for the scholars of this country.

The Northern duchy of Ahjfeld is one such duchy, currently conquered and leaderless, it is now under the banner of the Duchy of Turgall while those who are conquered struggle with leaders among themselves.

The duchy of Castavar has a new Duke, but the majority of it's people (especially the higher lords and ladies) out right hate him. And with no heir and a MIA wife, he will find a lot of struggles to keep his position if he is not careful of his allies.

Vythe is a duchy who was the first one to have a major battle. I'm currently seeking members who are interested in making active plots and characters for this duchy to incorporate into this Civil war scene. Should you have an idea for this duchy, please send your ideas to me or post them here! I'm seeking a new ruling house to lead.

Allar is the duchy where the current Grand Duke was born. He left his duchy to his closest and only friend to rule, but the powers there are becoming controversial, and it's possible a new Duke may rise. If you have any ideas for this, please PM them to me or post them here!

Kapooki

Eyo eyo! I'm kinda new to the whole site, and am looking for a place to plop down a character.

I'd like to maybe present a new agent of the church to the war effort O'hann the young inquisitor to investigate any rebellious mage activities within the city. For even in the heat of war we must not forget to uphold God's great JUSTICE and what better way to do so than by PURGING AND BURNING HERETICS, alas I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend awhile getting familiar with the war effort as well, but I'm super intrigued!

visualspice

@Kapooki. I'm heading off to work now so hopefully this evening I can reply to your questions :D

Quote from: Kapooki on March 10, 2016, 02:35:17 AM
Eyo eyo! I'm kinda new to the whole site, and am looking for a place to plop down a character.

I'd like to maybe present a new agent of the church to the war effort O'hann the young inquisitor to investigate any rebellious mage activities within the city. For even in the heat of war we must not forget to uphold God's great JUSTICE and what better way to do so than by PURGING AND BURNING HERETICS, alas I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend awhile getting familiar with the war effort as well, but I'm super intrigued!

visualspice

@Kapooki

The best place to read up information about this event can be found here.

That being said, your character will work perfectly in this large plot line :D
I'd say check out the Map Section to get familiarized with how Connlaoth is mapped out. The rest of the information I'd read at your leisure. If anything seems confusing or you want something clarified or if information is lacking, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm always up for plots for the civil war event I run, so if you'd like to, I can propose a few character and plot ideas for us. Just let me know! :D

Kapooki

Quote from: visualspice on March 10, 2016, 01:16:00 PM
@Kapooki

The best place to read up information about this event can be found here.

That being said, your character will work perfectly in this large plot line :D
I'd say check out the Map Section to get familiarized with how Connlaoth is mapped out. The rest of the information I'd read at your leisure. If anything seems confusing or you want something clarified or if information is lacking, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm always up for plots for the civil war event I run, so if you'd like to, I can propose a few character and plot ideas for us. Just let me know! :D

The whole thing is a little overwhelming at the moment so any suggestions you could make would be phenomenal. Ehehe :P