Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

@Magyar

Quote from: Magyar on May 12, 2016, 02:36:32 PM
@visualspice

Do you have any characters or threads open for a new Mordecai?

Okay!
Right now I have quite a number of characters that I could toss his way! I'm going to list a few here + give some scenarios available. Let me know if any catch your fancy :D

If you'd like him involved in home town protection, there are a few characters with plots I can offer you!

First of all is the Uthlyn Uprising thread (with a list of characters involved there). It's a group thread found here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20339.msg306019#new

There is also the current duchy of Ahjfeld that has been conquered by the enemy.
Petrin Stark and her family reside there and would be torn between which side to serve

If you'd like him to be a mordecai with an army, he could run into the following characters in a battle against the Turgallian army:
Blaith Harmond- Duke of Turgall
Igna - Turgullian soldier

I have like a zillion other ideas but figured I'd post a few more of the active and group thread ideas, fist.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Magyar

Okay, did some reading, and I like Petrin, but as a political aim. Say, Grand duke sends a diplomatic party with the subtending option of a forceful takeover.
It'd go like this:
The party shows up, has their standard greetings dinner or whatnot, and get directly into alliance talk between Reajh/Grand duke and Ahjfeld. The hope is that things go well, and that a treaty is signed. The whole thing should have a "dire consequence if you don't cooperate" feel to it, and accordingly, if she doesn't, to some extent, or to the extent planned, the specially picked party siezes the (Fort/castle?) and keeps Petrin hostage until arrangements are met. If she does make truce, then the order is given for Mordecai occupation of the city. Nothing overly large, but like a set guard for the higher ups that double as a guiding hand for Ahjfeld. It works out that if some other people want to join in the thread in the diplomatic party, we don't have to sideline some NPCs.

That is a lot of preemptive plotting but IDEAS. So yeah. Think about it!

If that doesn't work, I'm always up for a war thread under the guise of "we don't like them, so let's kill them!". Soldiers are, after all, meant for warfare.

@visualspice

visualspice

Quote from: Magyar on May 30, 2016, 09:01:56 PM
Okay, did some reading, and I like Petrin, but as a political aim. Say, Grand duke sends a diplomatic party with the subtending option of a forceful takeover.
It'd go like this:
The party shows up, has their standard greetings dinner or whatnot, and get directly into alliance talk between Reajh/Grand duke and Ahjfeld. The hope is that things go well, and that a treaty is signed. The whole thing should have a "dire consequence if you don't cooperate" feel to it, and accordingly, if she doesn't, to some extent, or to the extent planned, the specially picked party siezes the (Fort/castle?) and keeps Petrin hostage until arrangements are met. If she does make truce, then the order is given for Mordecai occupation of the city. Nothing overly large, but like a set guard for the higher ups that double as a guiding hand for Ahjfeld. It works out that if some other people want to join in the thread in the diplomatic party, we don't have to sideline some NPCs.

That is a lot of preemptive plotting but IDEAS. So yeah. Think about it!

If that doesn't work, I'm always up for a war thread under the guise of "we don't like them, so let's kill them!". Soldiers are, after all, meant for warfare.

@visualspice

Oh, I like the idea! Petrin, of course being as hot headed and stubborn as she is, won't like the options set before her, and I'm certain her brothers would be torn.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@Magyar - If you're still interested, would you want me to start a thread, or would you like to?

visualspice

So... I was thinking since DragonSong and I are starting a new storyline up for the new ruling house in the Duchy of Allar- why not have a grand party to celebrate? Both of the children are at a marrying age; and their father is looking to solidify his hold and claim to the throne.

Either way, I'm using this as an excuse for a potential party thread for Connlaothian nobility :D
Anyone interested?

Draconian

-waves arm-

Does this mean i finally get to pawn Minerva off on some poor soul!? : D

visualspice

Quote from: Draconian on June 19, 2016, 09:10:25 AM
-waves arm-

Does this mean i finally get to pawn Minerva off on some poor soul!? : D

<3 you can definitely try!
Anyone else up for some Connlaothian nobility mingling? 8D

Magyar

@Spicyspice First off, new name? nice. and secondly, yeah I'm still into it, start up a thread and tag whenever, I'll be dual managing a mixed yet separated plotline off in the corner. Don't feel rushed if it isn't a good time, though.

visualspice

Quote from: Magyar on July 06, 2016, 06:03:24 PM
@Spicyspice First off, new name? nice. and secondly, yeah I'm still into it, start up a thread and tag whenever, I'll be dual managing a mixed yet separated plotline off in the corner. Don't feel rushed if it isn't a good time, though.

Yeah, I felt the need to change my name/id here to something more fun, like Spicyspice, so as to keep 'the spice' but now it's like- twice as spicy? lol
Anyhow, @Magyar  I'll work on a post as soon as I can! I totally forgot about this idea or would have done this earlier this week when I was working on some 'open by request' threads here.

visualspice

Ericnox

Ok, I am back again! So, here is the plan I have and if it would work. Eric still hates the church, always will unless some SERIOUS redemption takes place. He will strike at any and all targets that present itself while trying to make it seem like one side or the other is attacking them.

If he can cut off the church from their allies, he will leave (hopefully) the mages in a better position to fight back. This is of course with your go ahead.

visualspice

Quote from: Ericnox on July 21, 2016, 02:16:34 PM
Ok, I am back again! So, here is the plan I have and if it would work. Eric still hates the church, always will unless some SERIOUS redemption takes place. He will strike at any and all targets that present itself while trying to make it seem like one side or the other is attacking them.

If he can cut off the church from their allies, he will leave (hopefully) the mages in a better position to fight back. This is of course with your go ahead.

@Ericnox - This idea can work, but note that the church itself is not confined to just one location- it would be Connlaoth wide, so all churches more or less abide by the same code. I'm just curious how he would go about with his focus on the church.

Ericnox

Quote from: Spicyspice on July 23, 2016, 03:28:14 PM

@Ericnox - This idea can work, but note that the church itself is not confined to just one location- it would be Connlaoth wide, so all churches more or less abide by the same code. I'm just curious how he would go about with his focus on the church.

While the Church is spread it, attacking its ideals, the people in power, and overall hitting it in a way that spreads fear and doubt can be more effective than burning down locations. Either way, should be fun.

visualspice

yep~
So do you have an idea where you'd like him to start? Like a specific location, church or religious group/ person?

Ericnox

Not a one! Hahahaha. I know, kinda lame, but I've been out of the loop so long, I have do some rereading. Sugestions are welcome.

visualspice

@Ericnox  - gimme some time and I can try to look through my characters to see who might be available to toss or plot your way~

visualspice

@Ericnox - So I've given it some thought! My character Danning might be interesting to toss his way. He's a priest but a preacher who is against the war on mages and all of this repression. His goal is to teach peace, so at first he might appear as an enemy, but they could realize, ina  strange turn of events, they're on the same side?

Or

It's possible if he wants to join up with my character Cullen and his band of rebels in their event that's slowly progressing here.

I also have an open thread involving my character Katahnia Harmond- who has done a lot as far as war efforts go. The thread can be found here.

And there's also my character, Vels- who seems to be good at getting into trouble!

Let me know if any of these are of interest to you, or if you had another idea based off of one of these suggestions~

Rhindeer

Gosh, I've been meaning to post this and kept forgetting because BUSYNESS. But life is calming down thank goodness so now I WILL BEFORE I FORGET.

I wanted to see about getting Serendipity in on this stuff, politically! >8D Whatcha thing, @Spicyspice? Connlaoth shares a border with Serendipity, basically, and Qiana could hear about the awful treatment of mages and offer refugees safety. Of course, there would be repercussions and complications because then...HOW DO YOU TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE? And I could see some Serenians reacting much like how people do today with regards to refugees like "WELL HOW DO WE KNOW THESE PEOPLE AREN'T COMING IN WITH BAD INTENTIONS ARGH THERE'S GONNA BE CHAOS AND DISORDER!"

I know there have been some underground railroads goin' on, on Connlaoth's side. Maybe Serendipity could start officially setting up one and send in undercover soldier mules and stuff to fish mages out and whisk them over the border. So there can be some tension between countries. xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa