Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole Connloathian Civil war, as I just started on SotE little over a month ago, but I REALLY like the dynamic of the story you're telling! When I joined SotE, I saw the posts, and I decided to set my character in it, with his intention being monumentally difficult: to bring what he sees as needless bloodshed to an end, as well as tear down the newfound hate for mages in general that Grand Duke Calent has instilled in the people of Connloath. I figured that with the people becoming increasing tired of the war, now would be an opportune time for his enemies to sow seeds of dissent against Calent, a dangerous calling that my character, Aven Alveron, is seeking to take upon himself and gather others to stand with him:

Aven Alveron, the Shadow Mage: https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/1413101-spirits-of-the-earth/22954-aven-alveron-the-shadow-mage

I've got quite a few plans on exactly how he's going to accomplish this, but for those plans, he'll need allies on the inside. Aven would be searching for those willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of the greater good, to free the mages of Connloath from the oppression of a misguided Duke, to dismantle the idea that magic is any more evil than a sword and shield. This calling would require subtlety, espionage, infiltration into enemy ranks, and the resolve to kill if necessary. This would not be a summons for heroes, or anyone who wishes to be celebrated: it would be for those who are strong enough to be called a villian for doing what needed to be done, to be cast out of the victory celebrations and hunted as outlaws. It would be for those with true strength of heart, to brave the face of moral ambiguity and triumph!

Let me know if this would fit in with your design for the plot. I can go into more detail in private about exactly what Aven has planned, if need be: I know that after running the plot so long, you don't want some random mage to come along and solve it willy nilly, and I promise that's not what this is.

Sheshia

Is it ok if I add in Shokia in for duke's side? (I plan on making her Connolath btw sort of posted her info in the wrong section on my ipad lol)

visualspice

I'm going to look into these posts and reply as soon as I hop on my laptop!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: Catalina on February 05, 2017, 05:45:45 AM
Is it ok if I add in Shokia in for duke's side? (I plan on making her Connolath btw sort of posted her info in the wrong section on my ipad lol)

@Catalina  I'm not sure if you started something with the civil war, if so- update me so I'm aware of any going ons; if not (or if you want more) let me know as well as I'm always up for plot ideas! Just let me know what your specific intentions are :D
I have too many characters to count involved in this event so yeah, I'm sure I probably have a few (or a bunch...) to spare for some plottings >D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: Wycliff on January 30, 2017, 08:47:35 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole Connloathian Civil war, as I just started on SotE little over a month ago, but I REALLY like the dynamic of the story you're telling! When I joined SotE, I saw the posts, and I decided to set my character in it, with his intention being monumentally difficult: to bring what he sees as needless bloodshed to an end, as well as tear down the newfound hate for mages in general that Grand Duke Calent has instilled in the people of Connloath. I figured that with the people becoming increasing tired of the war, now would be an opportune time for his enemies to sow seeds of dissent against Calent, a dangerous calling that my character, Aven Alveron, is seeking to take upon himself and gather others to stand with him:

Aven Alveron, the Shadow Mage: https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/1413101-spirits-of-the-earth/22954-aven-alveron-the-shadow-mage

I've got quite a few plans on exactly how he's going to accomplish this, but for those plans, he'll need allies on the inside. Aven would be searching for those willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of the greater good, to free the mages of Connloath from the oppression of a misguided Duke, to dismantle the idea that magic is any more evil than a sword and shield. This calling would require subtlety, espionage, infiltration into enemy ranks, and the resolve to kill if necessary. This would not be a summons for heroes, or anyone who wishes to be celebrated: it would be for those who are strong enough to be called a villian for doing what needed to be done, to be cast out of the victory celebrations and hunted as outlaws. It would be for those with true strength of heart, to brave the face of moral ambiguity and triumph!

Let me know if this would fit in with your design for the plot. I can go into more detail in private about exactly what Aven has planned, if need be: I know that after running the plot so long, you don't want some random mage to come along and solve it willy nilly, and I promise that's not what this is.

@Wycliff - Sorry for my tardy reply but yes, I'm excited to see you're enthusiastic about the story :D
I'd be more than happy to hear anymore specifics on this idea and I might be able to even toss a few of my smaller groups towards your character if I think them banding together might make sense in the scheme of the story.

I'm back from hiatus now (but will probably still be a bit slow to reply) however, I'm excited to see more of your thoughts on this and I'll look into your character soon :D

If you already started some plots, just drop me a summary here so I can be in the know as I start to get back into my own threads and more plots going forward!

visualspice

Quote from: Darai on January 25, 2017, 11:17:28 PM
I have no idea since no wiki on lore that functions

@Darai  - the information isn't on the wiki but there's an informational posting you can read up on the event found here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg136439#msg136439

visualspice

Quote from: Whim on December 30, 2016, 03:04:34 PM
Glad to see you back spicy, and I hope things are going smooth now.

I... wanted to submit Wylie Wyndham for the mage/Turgall side. Haven't really played him much so far and I'm not sure how his conjuration meshes with the 'no demons' rule. The idea I had in making him was the existence of Mordecai has kind of turned mages to dark and unseemly paths in order to survive (since immortals aren't effected by Mordecai and Adhara), and that while his monsters might be terrifying for the anti-magic side to face... it might also alienate mages who aren't really into human sacrifice. Could probably work just as well with necromancy or evil fae if that makes a difference. Lemme know if that works or I need to tweak anything!

@Whim  I like this character idea and hoping, when I have time, I can read up on his profile and who knows, maybe we can thread? Either way, I did send you a PM earlier today in regards to this but I think the character idea itself would work well into this plot :D

visualspice

Quote from: thandsoll on September 06, 2016, 10:29:12 AM
Any chance a lowly shop keeper can get in on the action?

@thandsoll - if you're still around, forgive my tardiness but we can definitely discuss this idea! I'm open to shop keepers, you bet! The normal, working class needs to be expressed, too!

visualspice

Quote from: Morgan Droud on October 22, 2016, 10:29:27 PM
Mages:
Esderand Arthinial

Stuck in the middle:
Eden Estaria

@Morgan Droud   If you're up for plots, lemme know! I'm back from a long hiatus so trying to make sure I touch base with all new members/ characters whom I haven't contacted yet, about plot ideas and such!

And I saw a post from @Catalina - but I do believe I responded to you in some shape or form so.. just tagging you here to make sure and say yes, yes this event is still active XD
Hopefully more so now that I'm back!

visualspice

Sorry to all of interest in this event! I think I finally got caught up with those inquiring more into it, and I'm hoping to be active once again. Bare with me as I still might be slowish to respond, however, I am eager to get back into this event and see what everyone is coming up with since I was away :D

visualspice

So it's come to my attention a few duchies (high ranking ruling houses) may be open; HOWEVER, I can't recall if they were already reserved via plots I started with members before my hiatus.

Right now, the current ones in questions are:
Folkvar (taken by @Draconian  cause I'm bad and forgot lol), Ardal, and Vythe.
I'm giving people sometime to reply to this just to make sure I don't open up more plots if I already had ones as work in progresses >_>

That being said, there is always LESSER dukes that can fight to control lands, etc, that are always open and available- just shoot ideas my way since it might affect some of my current characters and we can plot and play :D

To view the location of the above 'in question' duchies- the map is found here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg148390#msg148390

visualspice

Just a reminder, mini events are still a thing! If you started one, or want to join one I had started- please check out the info here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg212587#msg212587

And post all queries on this thread (as the other, linked above, is information only, not discussion based)

<3<3<3

Draconian

@Spicyspice

I stole Folkvar!

It just never got updated because I stole it rather late.

the current Duke is NPC'd 'cause I got the

Dutchess and the Heir

Since their only children are daughters. Eldest and Younger

Also he's probably not doin' a lot of crap that he can just send Kairius to do. I think I made him sick or bedridden or something. Also there's a sub-plot I have going where he's totally not trying to have his daughters assassinated or anything nooooo.

=D If I need to make Mr.DukeGuy I can.

visualspice

@Draconian  THANK YOU
I couldn't recall who I plotted that duchy with loooooooool
derp, of course it was you XD

I'll update the nobles page hopefully sometime this week (or soonish)

Lion

Late character submissions are late, but I kinda wanted to add him anyway. A former soldier with a small force of his own, to march against the Grand Duke. Because he sucks eggs.

Roland Harker

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

yay, glad to see interest still blooming on this event :D
I have some ideas I'd like to play with myself and hoping that, at some point, I can collect my random ideas and mesh them into some sort of plot worthy stream of sentences for plotting purposes XD

That being said, I might have to host another ball/ party type thread because those events, I've noticed, are the most popular. Might be interesting if it were some sort of wedding event this time- so we shall see.

Although a wedding for Kella might be a pretty big deal to the whole of Connlaoth >_>  I'm not opposed to her potential marriage also being some sort of internal war on it's own. Might be interesting if one of the duchies gets her and tries to use her as a bargaining chip of power towards others (or even her brother, Blaith (the 'main' antagonist, as it were). But it's just some thoughts!

Draconian

(Psssst )

Folkvar wants to be a big player in this here civil war and come out on top so to speak. So, the Duke of Folkvar would like to shovel over his heir (since all his wife gave him were daughters) and the resources on finding this Miss Kella.

: D its Kairius. As you know.and I cant link for shi-et on my phone so if he pleases you his profile is in my siggy!

Also!! I've made a solitary mage named Elk who enjoys singleman raids on camps and setting fire to places and stuff. : D she's not really WITH the mages and she isn't for Connnlaoth. In fact she's a wee bit derabged. So, if you need to pin anything on mages... feel free to use her and Friend. 8D

visualspice

@Draconian  I like this idea for Kella! There is a bit of a problem in her inability to touch, which, whomever finds her and takes her in, will surely know about it. There are only some rumors about what sort of powers she possesses, so no one really knows the truth about her killer touch (so to speak!)  That in itself can be an interesting plot point, that perhaps his family could lie about to make it seem Kella is not only normal, but in some means a very good card to have in potentially turning the odds against Blaith from conquering anymore duchies. However, that doesn't mean he won't come for their duchy next >D

I haven't considered Blaith's next move, but I'm not thinking of making him head to Allar. Although that duchy is strong and is the place where the current Grand Duke was from; he might have a lead Kella is there and could tear into it with a force t be reckoned with.

A bittersweet idea would be if he DOES claim a victory there, Kella could already be taken by Folkvar :D and you know, the wedding itself is already getting announced and perhaps a 'stand down' request to Blaith to surrender and remain a war criminal rotting in jail over, you know, the obvious death sentence for his crimes against the country.

Just some food for thought/ ideas

Draconian

Kairius is a 'untrained' mordecai - mostly, isnt aware he is one and was never in the military for it. Would that have any effect on her?

Also. DukeAvarali gets great glee from this plan of either of those things for blaith. : D and welcomes the opprotunity to display how powerful his dutchy is or whateves. Mostly he wants to pretend he's inportant by using his newphew.

visualspice

Kella's powers, it's only recently been decided (but not shown in the game yet), is potentially effected by an adhara- but I'm thinking even that might be limited. Blaith recently found this out, but again, only he and his wife are the only ones that know (he recently married the Duke of Orchy's daughter, Lily, who is an adhara-) she's probably with his child and yeah- he has the same issues as Kella; so the only possible way for her to seem 'cured' is adhara, but not a mordecai. I hope that makes sense lol