Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

That makes sense. : D

Sunniva will just have to putter around the Folkvar manner for Krah related reasons.  -cough-

Also, I'm sure Kairius and Kella will get along great.

visualspice

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

AevumEternity

Been meaning to ask if it would be appropriate for me to run mini-war-related events? Set up 'versus' things for different characters, you know? I believe I posted a similiar question in the events thread but I am unsure if it was seen but yeah, something like that so it's a bit more organized!

To make it more of a challenge, we could do a points system where a battle thread must be done in 10 pages- and if it ends in a draw, people would go over it and select which party seemed to be the most... Triumphant persay :P

visualspice

AevumEternity

Basically yeah! But we could tally up bictories and whatnot and add them as a point system to which way the overall war would swing. It'd be almost Player Versus Player :3

visualspice

@AevumEternity  Feel free to make up it's own plotting thread and post the link here to see who might be interested! (I do this a lot of sub events of the civil war)

That being said, I have now opened up another sub thread for official plotting for YEAR TEN that can be found here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23180.msg345534#msg345534

And yep, you've read it right.. this war has gone on for TEN years >_>
and who knows how many more! DUN DUN DUN

Please post your thoughts on new, year ten events in the thread linked above <3
and add it to your bookmarks if you so desire :D

visualspice

Don't forget to link it here when you do ^_^
I'd put up your proposed rules for it and such~ Where you'd like it to take place, if it's recreational and why it's happening, etc.

AevumEternity

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23184.new#new

Of course, I think I covered most of the stuff needed, and I believe people to be smart enough to inquire if they have any other questions!

visualspice

Although an interesting idea, I'd like to remind members that is just an option for this type of rp. I, myself, prefer to keep my battles, even one on one's, story oriented and not point based, so while I probably won't participate directly in this, I do encourage others who like this method to join in!  That being said, also please get preapproval for any major battles since anything detrimental to the world or event will need to be approved by myself or @Viscount Rhi-Rhi

Lion

Just throwing this out here: The Red Legion

Come join if anyone is interested!!  (:

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Whim

Just throwing House Wyndham out there if anyone's interested in joining. Its meant to be an outlet for not-so-nice wizards, and bucolic charm.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

SooooooooooooOoOOooo,

Just making a list here of potential characters up for plotting for civil war related things!

First of all my character Cullen is the leader of a small band of rebels located in Matron's Hallow and near the capital, Reajh. He has a lot of interior Intel since he used to be captain of the guard, however, he has since been ostracized for obvious reasons! He is the leader of The Blood Wardens; and I'm always looking for people to join, or at least others to befriend or become an enemy of :D

Oska Inawa is a Serenian merchant prince whom could potentially (and quite not on purpose) get involved with the trickle down effect of this war

The Gambler! is a rebel in his own right whom I'd be open to more threads with :D

Igna is a female soldier whom I'd be interested in playing again since it's been so long D:  She's in the Turgallian army, so she isn't with the Grand Duke- but I could pit her against those that are! Battles! Rar! Fights! Rar rar!

Mae'leena a 'not so great thief who thinks she's great' who found herself tangled up with the Duke of Wulfbaer. She had a child with him, and things are um... complicated? Considering we're not even sure how much longer this Duke will rule! (I mean all she wanted was to steal a famous painting or something... ends up with a baby lol)

Kentamin is a templar in training, and though he'd be a bit older than his profile suggests, he's still naive and brash enough his faults still apply

Edward is the heir for the duchy of Highheart- and as such, he probably should take a wife; all the while battling his feelings for another he can't have AND getting called to the draft (of all things!)

Katahnia has been playing a pretend extensive role in this war, and I'd be more than happy to expand her friends and connections >D

I probably have others but again, just trying to get ideas to develop more war stories and such! And most of these characters listed need more love <3

visualspice

Killian, Davishire, Davina, even the Grand Duke (Calent) himself might even be up for grabs for some plotties, just lemme know your ideas. Who knows, if you post a thought here, I might be able to pair a character with them even if they might not be listed here :D

Sheshia

Shyirin for Mages (if thats okay Spice :3 if its not I jave a personal character I can use instead)

FyI he is not always a wolf X3 just on few threads. Which I personally perfer. But he might get himself entangled as a spy since he has no magic just depending on how someone else's character and his relation ship goes (we have already agreed on it lol so we are doing a few ghreads to get ot going XD) he was born in cannolath and still spends some time on the outskert of it

Hopefully I posted this in the correct area :p

visualspice

@Catalina - you posted it in the right place :D
If I were you I'd also post up the link to their profile too, as it makes it easier for others interested in making plots so they don't have to dig up or search for the profile~

Sheshia

@Spicyspice kay kay (im just gonna repost it essentially lol)

Shyirin for Mages
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23208.new#new

Hopefully the hyper link works lol

Codex

HEY ALL!

It's Violet here to drop my idea recently discussed among @Spicyspice and @Klezmer Gryphon !

A new(er) character of mine, named Rin Solari and a character of Klezmer's named Tàrocai Mhuìcadui (Not updated yet.) Will start a vast spy network within Connlaoth! Their main goal being to assist the freedom fighters through information, reconnaissance and espionage! The guild has yet to be created, but Spice's character: Cullen! and his guild of freedom fighters The Blood Wardens Will help in its creation! Or at least work closely together.

Anyhow! We were just wondering if anyone was at all interested in this new guild idea, and would like to throw a character in for the cause! As well as update people so they know what's coming.