Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

@Viscount Rhi-Rhi @Lion @Moonie @Draconian
- I'd like to set some time aside to make the crest of each Duchy. If it's not already posted on the duchy information pages,  could you at least post it here? That'd be great <3
Gotta keep the info page full of pretties :D

Also for those who have the time, if you could update the missing information on the duchy pages that would be awesome <3 (or post it here and I can submit it!)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

pomelo

Quote from: Spicyspice on April 17, 2017, 07:03:57 AM
@Viscount Rhi-Rhi @Lion @Moonie @Draconian
- I'd like to set some time aside to make the crest of each Duchy. If it's not already posted on the duchy information pages,  could you at least post it here? That'd be great <3
Gotta keep the info page full of pretties :D

Also for those who have the time, if you could update the missing information on the duchy pages that would be awesome <3 (or post it here and I can submit it!)

Ohhhhhhh. No crest for Wulfbauer.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Would anyone be interested to plot things involving the remaining mage camps? They would be scattered at best, since the last event involving any mage camps was when the Turgullian army raided Ahjfeld and freed mages from the largest mage camps there (specifically at Fort Dhagh).

pomelo

Quote from: Spicyspice on April 20, 2017, 04:06:36 AM
Would anyone be interested to plot things involving the remaining mage camps? They would be scattered at best, since the last event involving any mage camps was when the Turgullian army raided Ahjfeld and freed mages from the largest mage camps there (specifically at Fort Dhagh).

Hmmmm. Go on.

visualspice

Just letting everyone know, my pm box is swamped with messages and I've been swamped with work. So when I jave time and get on my computer, I shall reply to everyone! Sorry its taking so long! Real life + multiple threads that need reviewed while I'm still stewing over plot replies will be answered as soon as I am able! I mean I was still posting here during my cancer surgery back a few years so a little active rl and (today, just a head ache) wont keep me back for long! Ill try to at least dedicate Sunday or something to playing message and plot catch up!

visualspice

I also posted this here since I'm pretty sure all pms I got are civil war related! :)

Sheshia

visualspice

Thank you <3
I just feel bad since there was a time I had so much free time to reply like, daily :|
Its just a busy season at my work + bad head ache on my normal day ruined my ability to do much than more than mope :(

DragonSong

Oh, don't worry about it, Spice! We all want you to take care of yourself- physical/mental health comes first, then posts ^.^

(Well...after work and whatnot haha)

visualspice

visualspice

It also doesn't help I suffer with anxiety! Anxious spice = over the top over thinking and worrying, spice. But yeah, I'm also excited for,plots! And though my,head ache is finally clearing up I need to sleep x.x

AevumEternity

Don't worry about it :P the glory of text based websites is replies can sit for literally years heh! Take all the time ypu need to recover n whatnot! :)

Trust me when it comes to taking a break for reasons like that just take your time :)

visualspice

Thanks! I'm just glad this head ache is subsiding! And now sleep!

visualspice

visualspice

The Duchy of Vythe is officially open for a new ruler!
Vythe never really got too established into the war, outside of the Havanlaar incident and that it's pro-crown.

The only stipulations for those wanting to create the Duke of Vythe are as follows:
You must know the Connlaothian lore well.
You must know the majority of the civil war politics (this I can work with you on if needed, as some things need updated still on the info page!)
You must be an active rper (posting at least weekly) and have been on SOTE for at least 3 months time (note if you haven't been here a year and you fail to remain active in this position for a month or more without warning, it will be assumed you've relinquished your character from said position) *this is just to make sure the plots don't stagnate
It must be a NEW character. Pre-exsisting characters won't work as this is a blood line position. Since there wasn't much plotted in specifics of the noble family ruling Vythe, you do have a lot of wiggle room.
The character must be pro-crown (Initially! It IS possible for them to switch sides!) *this is because of pre-existing conditions within the civil war story line)

That all being said, if I missed something I'll add it here. So come at me with your ideas! This is a first come basis, however, there must be a proposed idea to go along with initial claim. I will not hold the spot just because someone wants the position but has no idea on the character :)

So, when you post a query, post a very brief idea for the character and their family dynamic and we'll go from there <3 Please do not create the character until it's been discussed with me just to ensure a smooth transition into the civil war nobility :D

Also, please note, more than one person has inquired about higher ranking titles. For now, I'm going to let players without Duke titles contest first, but if not one steps forward with interest withint he next week or so, I'll gladly allow members who do have other duchies, come forward with their potential ideas <3

*please read this entire thread because if you respond but don't read everything here, you could miss out if someone else does respond and actually reads the thing and post the correct specs XD

AevumEternity

Idea for Vythe Ruler:
It might be interesting for this character to rise from behind their anti-Crown predeccessor in favor of the crown. Lets say their father or mother had a particular blood feud with Duke Calent and refused to side with them for the duration of the war, until the son. Came of age to take over and immediately began to make arrangements against their family's wishes to stand alongside Calent.

And due to the first major massacre happening within the province it could give this new Lord the potential to be directly disdainful for Mage lives if they are old enough to remember... Though it's unclear whether the Havanlaar massacre is a massacre of mages or civilians- but I would say this character could have the potential to be a sociopath, which always makes for some very interesting RP

SilmeriaElemred

I was thinking about making a male successor who adores the Grand Duke. He has a younger sibling though who does not adore the grand duke at all but pretends he/ she does while also smuggling mages out of the country.

The succesor has an advisor who is one of my already existing characters; Erian, who also acts as the man's butler.

---
Another idea was a female successor who is unaware of all the horrors of the Grand Duke's reign and only hears the good stories. She is engaged to Erian (yes again him) who acts as her advisor and manipulator.

Both ideas are a bit cliché but that was what my head came up with.

visualspice

Quote from: AevumEternity on April 23, 2017, 05:48:43 AM
Idea for Vythe Ruler:
It might be interesting for this character to rise from behind their anti-Crown predeccessor in favor of the crown. Lets say their father or mother had a particular blood feud with Duke Calent and refused to side with them for the duration of the war, until the son. Came of age to take over and immediately began to make arrangements against their family's wishes to stand alongside Calent.

And due to the first major massacre happening within the province it could give this new Lord the potential to be directly disdainful for Mage lives if they are old enough to remember... Though it's unclear whether the Havanlaar massacre is a massacre of mages or civilians-

@AevumEternity

It is possible the parents were not happy with the outcome of the war, since they were the first duchy to suffer (and under a crown supporting General, no less)

Check out the summary here for year four, as this is the year (and location) General Krah started his rise to fame and his reputation for being a brutal yet effective general.

The massacre itself effected soldiers, mages and civilians alike- so hence the term 'slaughter' since anyone present in that town was mowed down by Krah and his army (waving the Grand Duke's flag)

Since Vythe has been quiet the majority of the war years since (and we're at year ten, currently) there can't  be any open protests against the crown. Perhaps they'd be bitter and might not easily work with the crown itself, but it was never established there would have been notable high animosity. So it's possible if your characters parents who ruled before him were stingy in crown support (and maybe openly opposed a lot of things but never out right denounced the crown) this idea could work so it wouldn't break pre-existing cannon :)

However, not sure if how Krah slaughtered his town might help keep them pro-mage but since that time Krah's army hasn't really set foot back into Vythe.

visualspice

@SilverLuna  - Since @AevumEternity  posted first, I'm going to wait to see what ideas she finalizes, so the position is more or less going to be hers so long as her ideas, moving forward, get approved :)  But Sil, just note, some oft he ideas you proposed do go against the Connlaothian lore :T women can't be dukes. Unless you meant you just wanted to make a female in general? Remember, Connlaoth is a patriarchal country and unless you're a female in the military (being a mordecai or adhara, too, because if you're not, females can't be in the military other wise), then all females are subject to the rulings of their husbands.