Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

@Spicyspice

Hmm- Well logically that would make sense to have the parents be particularly stingy against the crown for that. The fact that the General got infamous for it could also add salt to the wound- a sociopath, alas, could easily disregard the massacre in favor of 'logic' persay. The heir could have the perspective that the massacre itself brought a great deal of reputation to the General and as a result the Armed Forces, thus making him prone to siding with the Duke Calent either out of fear, admiration or simple ambition to be on the 'winning' side- much to the chagrin of his parents.

How does that sound?

visualspice

Something like that could work! And again, he can always make plans to oppose the crown too, at some point, if you wish. Just currently, in year ten of the war, there was no known plots against the crown.

Oh! Another thing to keep in mind that you might want to play with is that Vythe shares a boarder with Serendipity, which can make keeping mages under control more difficult there~
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

AevumEternity

I noticed that- *slow maniacal laugh* OH I WILL HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH THAT >:D so do I have your go ahead to make this character?

SilmeriaElemred

that I knew ;) realised it after posting as well which gave birth to idea 2.1; that the female character is the younger sibling of the successor ^^'

who knows if more positions are up I could still stick with 2.1 if that fits, or @AevumEternity would like to cooperate where I could make the successor's sister engaged to Erian or something ^^

Plenty of options and there is otherwise still the lesser noble card.

visualspice

@AevumEternity  go ahead and make him :D I'm anxious to see what you come up with

*also does an maniacal laugh*
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: AevumEternity on April 23, 2017, 07:27:14 AM
I present to thee Duke Daemion d'al Astarot of Vythe

Oh, I like him a lot already :D
It fits well with the fact Vythe was quiet and the heir/ new (well now) Duke is a bit unassuming and reserved himself (meaning not outlandish or garish in the way he flaunts his title)
I like that he's quiet and calculating. His personality seems similar to Calent's (as Grand Duke Allarrick rarely let's much in, personality wise or feeling wise)- but he also rarely sleeps so he just has no time for frivolous emotions D<  He's a busy man.

Duke Daemion totally needs a woman to upset his balance lol Like someone that can actually get him to expression emotions, like anger or something 8D

Just my two cents <3

If you'd like, you can bring him to the ball :D and he'd be quite the man of the hour in his own right if he's not married 8D

AevumEternity

I was planning on creating a little sister of his :) or introducing Hakon as his cousin as she is quite the firecracker when it comes down to it! :P

I would just feel awful for the young woman who takes a liking to him but I will gladly toss him into the ball!

visualspice

Also, so it's noted the Grand Duke's regent position is open (and has been for a while!)
but I'm posting this here just so people are aware!
Read all about and post your interest here.

visualspice

It could be proposed that Toma Stark's sister (Toma Stark is being considered for the position as the new Duke of Ahjfeld in hopes to restore it under the crown again) be forced to marry him- though I doubt Petrin Stark would oblige. Her castle was just destroyed and she, chased out of her home. They  might consider marrying her off to him to secure the power of Ahjfeld and to get her to shut up lol
She'd be the kind of wife that'd punch him in the face if he tried something awful lol
but I'm not sure she'd be easily accessible considering her current predicament up north in Ahjfeld :|
It could be possible she flees to the capital in hopes to appeal for the grand duke to relinquish his men as she didn't want to fight them- she simply didn't wnat to support the army that approached her home, either. So now she's in a pickle where her entire castle is being decimated D:

Meanwhile the heir to her family is a mordecai and off in the army- go figure!

But then again that doens't need to happen, I'm just rambling things off XD

I have other characters, like Davina Callister, who would try to seduce him in order to get the position as Duchess lol (but right now she's hoping to get into the Hellvion castle, so not sure how much she'd willingly eye a seat so far from the North)
but she's kind of a ho so... :|

visualspice

visualspice

Okay, I finally did SOME updates on the civil war information page!
The Ruling Duke page is updated to showcase the current rulers and their new (or newly dead) wives

<3 let me know if any of the links are broken but for now.. phew! glad that's finally up to date D:

Also, @Jounin  we were plotting a possible new duke for Ahjfeld so I'm just making a note of that here that it's still 'in the works' hence why it's not listed!

Also, @GoblinFae  - the heir is disputed but gobs and I are plotting the next heir within that disputed group of family, so again, hence why it'snot listed!

I'll update as things change!

visualspice

TO EVERYONE INVOLVED

I'm working on updating the information page. One of the updates I'll need your guys help with so check out the stuff here

visualspice

@AevumEternity  since you created the Duke of Vythe, there was never a duchy page established for it (on the duchy info pages found here.
When you have the chance, feel free to create one for it so it can have it's own page :D you can either post it there or I can post it but I'll have to edit in the link once it's up <3

I already sent reminders out to the others who have been holding the other pages hostage so hopefully we can get those on the info page soon!

visualspice

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Sheshia

Is it okay if Shyirin manages to get into the Grand Dukes house as a servant (since he has no magic) and is actually a spy for the mages?
Maybe he would get caught or something since he might know where the mages are hiding if there are camps. I mean a spy can't be PERFECT in everything he does

The only down side is idk who plays the GD

visualspice

visualspice

Quote from: Catalina on April 25, 2017, 01:04:07 PM
Is it okay if Shyirin manages to get into the Grand Dukes house as a servant (since he has no magic) and is actually a spy for the mages?
Maybe he would get caught or something since he might know where the mages are hiding if there are camps. I mean a spy can't be PERFECT in everything he does

The only down side is idk who plays the GD

Can you post your characters link so I can review it? XD
I rp the Grand Duke <3