Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Free Folk of Connlaoth; Get ready for some new plottings!

Started by Looshi, February 25, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanthelis

Hmm... I could make one, if you are willing to wait for me to put him together. A mysterious, eccentric old sage with a penchant for healing and minor magical esoterica knocks politely at the door to the Home and asks for their hospitality...
With Zerval a day's travel away, hot on his heels. C:
Or not. The character I've in mind is fun with or without the grizzled witch-hunter after him; up to you guys, really.

Looshi

Our thread is going slow, so waiting is not a problem. There is plenty of time for your character to show up.

I'm guessing they'd know how to reach Home? It's magically warded so that it looks like an old run down castle with no people.

You could have Zerval hot on his heels. Many of the mages in Home have dealt with that situation one day or another. But, if Zerval comes in contact with the Free Folk, being that he is a Mordecai, it will knock down their defensive wards and they will either try to black mail him to keep quiet about Home, kill him(Most likely), or give up the Healer if that's all he wants. They're not so nice people when it comes to saving themselves, they play dirty!

So it's up to you with pathway you want to take! I'm good with either.

Deanthelis

Alrighty. Old Man Kolo is ready to help out the Home. No angry Zerval following him - he's interesting enough on his own, really, a lot went unmentioned in his profile that I think will be fun to bring to the table. Just PM me as to which thread I ought to plop him in (Gliding Over?) whenever you've a spare moment. ^-^

Looshi

Looks good!

A healer showing up when they need it may be a little convenient, but I think the Free Folk need a bit of luck on their side right now.

zozee9

Well I haven't read it yet but there's always the chance that Jana found him... maybe that's why she was late? Or maybe he saw her scouting (then again, she was probably trying to be secretive) and followed her? I mean, Jana was rushed enough that she probably wouldn't have noticed.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Deanthelis

He's an old wandering sage, it's totally reasonable that he'd try to stay at the old abandoned castle thinking it was a safe place to camp for the night and discover the Home entirely by accident.

Looshi

Hah! I can see Old man Kolo being completely oblivious to what's currently happening in the thread currently, and just walking on in.

And the Free Folk can be "where did that old guy come from."

Yes, it can work.

zozee9

Okay... I'm going to ask for a favor and you all can feel perfectly fine rejecting it.

But can someone please give me a brief summary of what Jana just walked in on? Aka the situation so far? I read the whole thread first, of course, but I have always had troubles following battles... Anyway, it's fine if no one wants to. But it would be helpful. :)
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

Okay, basically a handful of mordecai soldiers and a mordecai,a force not numbering more than perhaps a little over a dozen, found Home. There was a short but chaotic skirmish and now all of the mordecai enemy is dead, but the Free Folk didn't walk away unscathed from the encounter. A few of their own are dead and quite a few are wounded.After the fight, the bodies of the dead are burned and brief funeral rites are read.   A peculiar old healer, Kolo, has just recently arrived and is now offering to provide medical assistance to the wounded. 

How's that?

zozee9

Perfect. I'll try getting up a post soonish. :) Thnx sharkie! <3

Looshi

Just a correction, there was one Mordecai and about a dozen regular soldiers. (: 

Paradox

Pfft. Fine then. Bad guys came , bad guys died. Yay!

Brisinger987

I request that COREY TREYBURN (See HERE) become part of the Free Folk as a Ranger!

Looshi

All right then Bris!

Just to say though, the Free Folk are not a mage resistance. They are simply people who don't fit the norm of Connlaoth, or don't have anywhere else to go. Your character can push on their own path, but as individuals the Free Folk get to choose if they want to help or not.

Also, with a character this powerful with magic, it should be said that he keep a reign on it. Home needs to be kept secret, and the Free Folk don't harm one another. That is one of their main rules.

If you're okay with all that, then welcome home!

Brisinger987

It's only mordecai he goes putting death curses on, lol, don't worry.

And he needs a hair sample or something to work with (should probably detail that in the spell)

But yeah, he's cool with that. He might be slightly more aggressive in his defence of Home than other guards though.

Looshi

Aggressive in defense of home is fine! Torri(the leader) turned into a giant bear and smashed some armour in, in our group thread. He just can't go around drawing attention to Home by going out and killing Mordecai. What happened in Gliding Over All is going to see repercussions already, just to let you know. (:

zozee9

... when is he joining? Because he's related to Jana so that would definitely affect things.

Looshi

After the events in Gliding Over All. According to the timeline, I think Corey is too young then to be in the Free Folk as the thread takes place three years prior to Calent becoming the Grand Duke.

zozee9

Oh okay, that makes it easier. Then we can plot out his joining at a later time. :)

Tags: