Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hunter or Hunted (Sir Zane [Raiden]/open)

Started by Aeytrious, May 27, 2013, 10:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

These dirty streets filled with crime and violence were not his favorite location on this diverse planet. The last twenty years, trapped as a mortal had some close calls, and he tried to avoid places like this, where he could meet a gruesome death. But Ritousaey couldn't resist his urge to find a god. When he heard whispers that The Hunted Asgardian was in the area, he came without hesitation. Three weeks of back alley deals and rumors in taverns and he finally found his quarry. He wasn't sure what he wanted with the god, but it was an interesting prospect. Charik had thought himself a God but the Naga King never met one with power like Mr'latipla. If Raiden was truly an Asgardian, he would be pretty high up the latter of "immortals", even if he wasn't a GrandSoul.

Rit had been tailing Raiden for over an hour. With his goggles fitted in place his vision pierced the shadows of the hood, and he could see the distinctive A that marked his face. But without his immortality, and the power that came with it, he was sure Raiden would know that he was tailing him. So why hadn't the god lost him? And what was Raiden up to? Nobody else noticed his presence, but he wasn't doing anything of importance. Could a god simply want to walk the dirty streets without being bothered? Damn his mortal shells inability to read minds or view the future.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Zane

Raiden amused himself with the little mouse that was following him. He had become aware about two weeks ago of someone asking around about him. So he had spent from then till now hunting the supposed hunter. Little can hide from the Fallen Asguardian, and now he was being tracked because he wanted to be. Who in the fuck was this person, what did they want with him, and how in the hell did he even know of him? Raiden intended to find all that out today.

He walked through the crowds, picking pockets and adding to the mountainous pile of gold in the Sanctuary treasury, and making his way out of the town. He intended to draw out his stalker, them probably kill him. But not before milking any and all information out of him.

Aeytrious

Rit's confusion only grew as he followed the God of Thieves. Why was he picking pockets, and so well? Rit had picked pockets in the future, and the past, but he usually tried to get caught on occasion so he could enjoy the chase. He didn't need riches, and the thrill of not getting caught was not present for beings with godly powers. This was the third time down this street, and while Raiden avoided all notice, some few were starting to notice that Rit was wandering past again.

He started shadowing his quarry a bit closer, and decided he might as well start listening to the whispers and picking some pockets himself. It was best to blend in with the common thieves and thugs on the streets. One didn't want to appear to wholesome in this part of the world. That was a good way to be targeted as a mark. Maybe he should risk a shot at Raiden's pocket. That might yeild interesting information.

He inched closer to the Asguardian in preperation. As Raiden removed his hand from his pocket to put it in that of an oblivious merchant, Rit's hand, with amazing stealth, and speed like a striking snake, slid into Raidens.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Zane

Raiden made no attempt to stop the mouse as he reached his hand into the god's pocket. It was a trap. Raiden's pockets were portals, so if he wanted, they could have no bottom. The best part was the snare. Made it physically impossible to pull a hand out if it weren't supposed to be there. "Pretty neat trick, being able to get your hand in the pocket of a master pick pocket. It would be a better trick if you could pull in out again."

Aeytrious

Interesting. And a bit unanticipated. Rit knew that he was being allowed to reach into the pocket. He just didn't expect to be unable to remove his hand. He drew on the power of his cloak and "blinked" away, or tried to at least. Well. That was even more unexpected. Not many options available for escaping. It was gonna hurt, but it was better than being ensnared without his immortality. With blinding speed he drew Blood Moon and threw him at some nearby thugs in the middle of committing murder. Next he pulled Bright Rose from her scabbard, and cut off his left hand. Then drawing on the power of his cloak, he blinked away. Drawing on Bright Rose and her soul, Kiria, he began restoring his hand. As he sheathed her, he reached out and caught his returning sickle, filled with blood from its recent kills, restoring much of the energy he expended in growing a new hand. All this in but a few moments. The people in the vicinity were only just starting to notice the movement. He would not be able to heal any major wounds for quite some time. Only the blood fed to him by Blood Moon would be available to keep him in any fights for the next day or so. Damn his lack of power. If only he could have anticipated that trap. There was enough of his own blood on the ground to burn in the casting of a powerful spell. He bent and swiped his new hand through the blood. Then Rit snapped his fingers, creating a blue pulse that shot out through all of Zantaric. Everyone was snared in a bubble of stopped time, everyone but the Asgardian of course.

"If you don't mind. I would like the rings on that hand back please. Making new ones is a bother."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Zane

Raiden just stretched, seemingly totally unimpressed by the display of god tier timestop magic. "So sorry, but your hand is currently floating in the void between the realms, completely unreachable. You probably should have considered the consequences before you stick your grubby little hands in my pocket. Reap what you sow I guess. ON another note. Who the hell are you and how do you know about me? I tore down my own temple centuries ago. Next, you should probably tell me why I shouldn't kill you." He had a good idea for this one. By the way he just cut off his hand like that told the god that he had no fear of death, he could probably revive at some point. The idea involved a big fire and little tiny pieces of fuel.

Aeytrious

"I am Ritousaey. On better days, I am the all powerful guardian of the multiverse." He did his usual flourish when anouncing his title, then continued, "I really prefer not to die. It's usually quite painful, and coming back usually hurts a lot more. I once had to reconstruct my body after an accident with a supernova. Coming back from space dust was not a pleasant experience." Rit cringed at the thought. In hindsight, he probably shouldn't have bothered trying to save that spaceship when in his mortal state. It turned out to not be that important anyway.

"As for your temple. I visited it not long ago, by my measurement, when I first learned there were Asgardians here," Rit took a step toward Raiden. "Gods amuse me, you see. The more powerful the better. Though I tend to get a little reckless around them. I have a bit of a complex."

"You know, I'll just get the hand later," Rit waved his hand dismissively. "Then I'll put it in my pack before any of this happens." He reached into his pack then and pulled out the recently severed hand, only now it looked mummified as if it was hundreds of years old. He removed the rings with some effort and placed them on his newly grown extremity.

"Killing me won't be too easy. Plus I'm sure I'll learn enough about you in the process, so I'm not totally opposed to it. I'll leave it up to you." Rit dismissed his time spell and began to run away, through the most crowded areas he could find.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Zane

"A Guardian? I've heard rumors of your kind, supposedly the predecessors of the titans and the creators of Asgard. But pray tell is any of that actually true?" When Rit pulled the hand out of his bag, Raiden groaned. "Great, you can create time paradoxes. Really. Fucking. Fabulous. I'm not even going to try to fight you as I myself am very much rooted to this time period and I don't wish to suddenly fade from this existence. So kindly keep your distance from me whilst I keep other Asgardians from earth. That's right You probably don't know this, But currently there are only three Asguardians on earth: Myself, the rebellious outcast, Eris, the Titan of Magic, and her son Sieg Hart, the god of magic. Asgard is a pretty fucked up place at the moment, so if you will please set time back, I've got funds to gather for the invasion of Asgard, taking the money whilst they are frozen is too easy, rather much as simple as breathing."

Aeytrious

A quick dash away, and Rit realized he wasn't being followed. Not at all what he expected. He was a little hurt. Had he not been interesting enough to warrant a little chase? Maybe he had been too interesting? Is that possible? Regardless, he would have to find a new way to get information from the God of Thieves. There was a lot you could learn from someone when you fought with them, but there were other ways to do it as well. Like talking. How boring.

Rit skidded to a stop, bumping a pickpocket into her unsuspecting mark, which spawned the kind of chase he had hoped for. A short jog back, and he was back in the presence of Raiden.

"So you've heard of me? That's cool, a bit of a bummer though maybe. I mean if you've heard of any Guardians you've heard of me, as I'm the only one there ever was or is. I'm just different me's." Rit thought back to that last comment, "collecting funds for an invasion? Isn't doing it this way going to take a long time? And why would you invade your Asgard? I doubt Odin, or your equivalent of him, would take kindly to that."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey