Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Winds of Canador (M)

Started by visualspice, June 15, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Soft wisps of smoke wafted through her fingers, as she waved and strummed them down over the air just above bowl of steaming incense she held cupped in her hand. Out before her face, she hunched low, keeping her eyes forward, pressing her dark eyes upon the patron before her, her face, dead set and serious as she began to chant softly the words of her ancient language, one mixed and hinting at it's blended Essyrni and Adelan foundings as her hand would open out towards their face, then close away over the incense, and kick open again, guiding the wisps of the smokes towards them.

She was committing their face, and eyes- to memory; the eyes being the gateway to visions and dreams, to the very soul of a being.

As she proceeded on, calling to the powers of her sight, to the spirits, to the visions...
Her voice became low and deep, with throaty, flem coaxed vowels clucking out between her tongue. And then she paused, dropped the incense suddenly as it landed in a clatter upon the rock floor.  She had seen it, a wisp of a thought- the faint colorings in a shadow...

ANd out came her hand, grabbing onto another nearby bowl. Her fingers then dipped into the rich, turquoise colored paints held within, as she rolled her shoulders back, kept her chin pointed towards the ceiling above. Then dragging a paint coated thumb down her nose and then lips and chin, she closed her eyes, then moved onward, her necka nd shoulders rolling. Then she pressed her whole hand into the bowl, as the chanting grew louder, all the while still calling into the visions of the waking, speaking out into the open air, looking up towards the sky she could not see above the rock roof top that was her hut, - and soon her entire hand was coated in the rich blue tinted paint. And down her face the painted went, to where she gripped at her throat and then even lower, swearing the remains down the necklaces over her chest and shirt.

"I see it.." her voice came out like a purr, and she rolled her neck again, the colored incense from the bowl curlding around her form. AN dher hand shot out, the bangles on her hand clattering together as she took the woman by the hand.
"It shows me many things." And she opened the woman's hand nad pressed her thumb onto it twice, creating  small, turquoise heart int he center of the woman's open palm.
"And the spirits tell me, the future foretells love."

The old woman looked shocked, and Pao moved to closed her hand as she winked.
"Now I know what you're thinking, Menassari, but don't worry. Your husband will not know."
ANd the old woman gave a laugh.

"Oh, Pao," and the old woman moved forward to embrace Pao'orha. "I will take note. Your visions are always so accurate. But I... I must say, there has been some concern in my heart."

Pao nodded from where she now sat over her legs upon the floor. "I can sense it. The visions are wise. If there is doubt, or a flutter of realization, go to it. You must." And she closed her hand over Menassari's. "For you will regret this if you do not. The love I saw will faded away into nothing more than smoke." And turning to the side, Pao picked up a pitcher of water and tossed it over the steaming bowl.

Rising, she placed her hands upon Menassari's shoulders while the other woman was staring down at the thumb-pressed heart on her palm.
"But do what you believe is best. The stars only tell so much. They see all and speak truths. It is you who must decide what path you take."

"Thank you, Pao. I'll never forget your guidance," Menassari spoke, bowing to her friend before slipping through the beaded curtains and moved out into the open, cliff side road. Pao smiled, and stood just beside the beaded curtain, keeping a hand held against it to keep it open as she peered out at the setting sun. Soon it would be time to close up shop, and she remained there a minute, peering over the balcony before taking notice of someone in the cliff side streets below.

Odd.. she had never seen that man before..
and a vision danced before her, blinding her temporarily. and something tasted odd, like metal through the winds. And before she knew it, her eyes rolled back as she crumpled forward, completely blanking out, and began to fall from her cliff side balcony towards the streets below.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The winds were fierce here this early in the morning and the seaside breeze was a welcome change to the armored traveler as he walked on.  He'd come a long way from the temperate brush and wide landscapes of the Sirantil Valley, where things were stranger than he could ever have words to describe.  But those were thoughts he pushed out of his mind, for the journey had been long and he felt like he hadn't slept in three days.  In fact, he hadn't.

Enzo could only go so long on his natural dexterity, and after leaving a small fishing village along the coast, he'd traveled south from there, unsure exactly what he was searching for, but he guessed it didn't matter.  Yet, there were whisperings, stories, tales of a renowned fortune teller in this area who was reported to have more than accurate visions.  He couldn't say he believed in people being able to tell the future, but curiousity was enough to drive him on nonetheless.  He wondered what such a person could tell about him without him saying anything.

And if on the off chance there might be something more she could tell him about the whereabouts of that bastard that destroyed his homeland and his people.  Enzo forced the thought from his mind, knowing he'd grow nothing more than bitter from it and instead focused on the road ahead.  He was near Canador, or so the one who'd given him directions had told him.  The city-state was a small one, not hard to miss, but when you looked up at the cliff side, if you were careful, you could see inlets carved out where windows and doors were placed and a narrow winding road that swirled up and around and cut into the cliff that.  Sconces and torch holders were locked into place, alighting pathways at night, making it easier for travelers to see, but in the daylight, one could easily walk past it and never know.

Thankfully, Enzo had a keen eye for such things and eyed in wonderment the design of the city, houses and storefronts carved into the rock itself, and some outstanding buildings as well.  He found the path up into Canador, the seaside wind whipping at his hair furiously and the cold at least stemmed when he rose higher up onto the path.  His tired legs were strong enough to walk along the stone stairs carved out beside the road.

It was a beautiful sight to behold, in fact, he can't think he'd ever seen anything like it.  Even Castle Valar couldn't compete in the ingenuity of such a city.  And while Enzo was fascinated, he hadn't quite seen the woman plummeting from the path above him.  It was only at the last second, when he felt a shadow pass over him did he look up, and only in time to have her weight crashing down on him, making him lose his balance and falling hard on the rocky path, his golden armor clattering on impact.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Upon the weight and pain of impact, and the clattering sound of armor that echoed off the cliff side road, Pao'orha awoke to a terrible vision and a scream. A face, a terrible demon, a monster that lurked within the bowels of the earth was reaching out to grab her, to eat her; with eyes a terrible blazing yellow and it's skin, burning red against a mossy, vine coated husk. It was terrible sight, with stick like bones jutting out from it's back side, and wicked fingers and claws and sharp, needle like, saliva dripping teeth that she knew sought to gobble her up; and her alone, blaming her for it becoming awakened, and wanting to suck out the dreams and visions of her mind. It wanted her spirit heart... It was only the blue of the sky, the smell of the sea salt and the recognition of the cliff-side buildings that brought her back from the fevered visions. And it all happened in the blink of an eye, and the time it took her upon the few second drop from the balcony of rocks above.

Now, she was sitting up, erect over the armor robed man beneath her and was breathing heavily, sweat glistening across her skin as her heart felt as if it were hammering outside of her chest. She placed a hand there, hands pressing to skin, clothing and beads before she glanced down and realized, with a start, that some poor man had cushioned her fall.

Exclaiming something in her native tongue, she leaped off the man and stared down at him with wide eyes. She was clutching onto her skirts in one hand, the other hanging over the man as she bent over him, her shadow stretching across his face.
"By the spirits, I am sorry stranger." And it was only upon seeing his face that she realized, it was the stranger she had been staring at before her fall, and her eyes flickered, as her mind began to read back to when she had blanked out and frowned. But upon catching the sort of eyes he had, her brows furrowed even more before she reached up to the paint still drying upon her chest, smoothed a hand across it to gather a thin layer on her finger tips before she moved forward and pressed her thumb to both his cheeks. Recognition set in and she gasped, standing back, and muttered something else in her native tongue, then realizing her manners, she bowed.

"Forgive me... it is just your eyes..." She squinted hers and tilted her head, scrutinizing him as she tried to think back. "... have we met before?" Though even she did not feel any recollection if they had, but something about him was familiar.  "No... no, I suppose not. A man with eyes like that, I'm sure I would have remembered." And she chuckled in spite of herself and offered him down a hand .

"I am Pao'orha Salandara. I hope you are alright there, stranger. To have a woman fall right upon you..."S he chuckled again and bent over him, still waiting for him to take his hand. "And I am no small woman, might be painful indeed. I could take you to the healer if you are in pain, if not, I could take you to my own place. I have herbs, though those cure ails of the soul." And she gestured above them, about two walk ways up to a balcony of stone with the faint glimpses of the rope ladder. "If you want, I could tell your fortune for free."A nd she bowed to him after helping him to his feet. "It is the least I can do." ANd she looked him over, appreciating him now for what he was worth, and not hiding in her eye that she liked what she saw.

"Most here say I am pretty accurate. I can tell you all you want to know about life, love.. even your death. It all speaks to me in the spirits, in the voices inside my head, and in dreams. But yes.." she gave a smirk, gesturing as her hands rattled when the gold and beaded bangles clattered together, taking her hand to his and turning it so she could peer down at his palm. His hand felt strong. She smiled at that and looked up at him, her eyes filled with excitement as they glittered. "I think we must. After all, a man with eyes like you has much story to tell."
And she kept her eyes fixated upon his, a deep and excited stare. "So what about it stranger. Just a minute of your time to see the visions, your path way into the future."

"And hey, it will be free of charge," she reminded with a wink.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Everything had gone black for a good long moment and for all that time, Enzo thought he was dead.  But no, death couldn't come so easily for someone like him.  Not when he still had so much left undone.  Better people than he have died with so much more left to live for.  And when his eyes widened with sunlight again, momentarily blocked by the shadow of the one that smashed the breath out of him literally. 

He sucked in air sharply and blinked at her stupidly, mind still trying to recollect what happened.  He sat up when she sprang out of the way and slowly climbed to his feet, dusting off his cuirass and looking at her outstretched hand, eyes trailing up her arm and to her neck and face, taking all of her in, including her strange attire.

Saying nothing still, he reached out his own hand and took hers, shaking it gently before bowing in front of her in respect and honor.  "Then I think you were the one I've been looking for," he said, bowing his head again.  "I think I'm all right.  I've suffered worse, I don't think you've done much more than scratch my armor.  You look a little scratched here and there, please I think I should be the one taking care of you."  He let go of her hand and looked up at the place she indicated.

"Please, after you," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She looked down at her side and noticed the blood. She cursed in her own tongue, before shaking her head and removing a scarf that had been tied within her hair.

"Who fell on who? I think I owe you at least the fortune telling,"s he said wihta  smirk, and began to dab at the bleeding wound on her side. Thankfully, it was clotting easily before she dabbed lightly at another scrape at her leg. This one seemed pesky, and refused to clot as easily, so she tied the scarf around it before sighing, smiling and looking his way. She studie dhis eyes another moment. There was something.. so interesting about them. But yes.. back to business!

"This road will lead us up above to where my shop is. Come, stay close, the path gets narrow quickly up ahead," And she took his hand and began to guide him up and around the spiraling and bustling streets of Canador. Winds from the ocean were wiping in from the West, and fluttered her skirts and the trinkets that dangled from her clothing and hair, causing a soft chiming noise to grace each step she made. One road wound up, another down, and another snaked inside the cool cliff side where she helped guide Enzo through the spiraling stone staircases within.

"So I don't think I caught you name, foreigner," she stated, peering over at him from over her shoulder, a nearby torch light sparkling off the gold of her earrings and glittering off the rest of her bangled jewelry.

Lion

The city was even more beautiful inside than it had been to behold without.  Enzo did not want to ruin it with trying to find words to describe it.  It's very architecture was breathtaking and he could only imagine the years of labor and toil it took to construct the apartments and shopways and roads and stairs.  True they were built for the cities smaller inhabitants, but they were not impossible to navigate.  Quaint in it's construction, yet practical in formation, a city designed to last thousands of years.  And he hoped one day, he could see how it fared against the test of time.

As they neared the top of the road, Enzo studied this fortune-teller, this woman that promised him visions of the future, possible answers to his quandaries.  Yet there was only one quandary he hoped she would have answers for, and yet knowing the state of his current predicament, he doubted she would be able to find the location of such as Matakopas.  And that very thought made him surge with rage.

He glanced at her with widened eyes, her voice knocking him out of his thoughts.  "Oh...I..." he hesitated for a moment.  "Enzo.  May name is Enzo Azura."  He bowed to her again, regally, and straightened himself, shoulders thrown back as if to solidify his presentation.  "I am ...not from here.  But being a fortune-teller, I'm sure you could tell just by looking at me.  Please, let us go inside.  I've come a long way to hear what you might tell me about...a friend of mine."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Enzo Azura?" she repeated the name, giving him another appreciative once over before her eyes returned to his as she grinned. "You seem impatient. The path is long on our climb up, but we are almost there." She chuckled and stepped outside, letting her hands ruffled through her skirts as she took a few steps out and took hold of a nearby rope ldder. She then peered over her shoulder at him and gestured towards the balcony above.
"Come, I think you will find what you seek up here." And her eyes danced before she turned back around, climbed the rope ladder and disappeared up and over the side.

"This.. this is my home and shop," she began, once both of them were on her cliff-side balcony. "Up here, you can see all of the ocean, far stretching towards the horizons of the West, to the lands and seas of the falling suns." She gestured out with a wrist that way, but then used that same outward gesture of her hand to coax him her way with a curling finger. "Come, in here, this is where we shall begin." and she moved and parted the bead curtain infront of her shop, eyes catching the light of the fading sun.

Lion

Perhaps he was impatient and Enzo chided himself as he climbed up the ladder behind her, keeping his eyes on the rungs and not up her skirts when they at last made it to the top of the cliff side path.  Here the winds whipped at his hair furiously and whistled in his ears.  For a moment he thought the wind was going to knock him off.

"Land and sea of the falling sun," he mimicked after her, eyes gazing off to where she indicated.  "It's beautiful...  We didn't have oceans or seas where I come from...as we had was a mountain."  Enzo pursed his lips and nodded to Her before following her inside.  And he was only partly surprised to find that within her home it was nearly as eccentric as she was.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Bead work hung down from the ceiling, a few, odd shaped mirrors tucked into the wall where stone had come out, causing enough lip and recesses to hold them. Various rooms of an organic shape were sectioned off by more beads hanging for doors, or hanging, thin clothes; and in the center was a make shit chhimney that poked it's way up to the cliff's top. The floors held woven rugs, and many low sitting tables, barely inches off the floor, were scattered about the room in various sizes. Woven baskets and clay jars lay here or there, and a grouping of them, amongst a few bowls of the turquoise paint she wore remained upon the table nearest the center of the room.

"Here,"s he gestured to a red and gold rug upon the floor that sat on the side of the long table nearest the door. "Have a seat," and she smirked at him. "I have to get a few things first," and she disappeared behind a bead curtain, the beads rattling and clamoring together in her wake.  WHen she returned, she held a jewel encrusted dagger, firmly rested inside a leather carved sheath. She also had a waterskin slung over her shoulder, and a few other odd trinkets tucked within her arm.

"Now,y ou come here for love, yes?" she said, and gave him a knowing grin. "Most do. Most travel far and wide to hear their readings, the visions I see of their future." Then she shrugged. "And most inquire about love. But I can see it all, now, give me your hand." she instructed. "Palm up."

Lion

"Love?" he repeated after her.  Gods he hoped he wasn't going to make a habit of that.  But for now it seemed that what he had to do so for now, abjusting to this strange environment and in particular, this strange woman.

"No,, he said softly.  "I never give much thought to love.  What I hope you might help me with is...the location of a man.  I am looking for him but thus far he has managed to elude me, but I am growing desperate and now here I am...in front of a fortune-teller."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao'orha looked the man over with keen and leering eyes.
"But this man you seek, could he not result in love, no?" she grinned, knowingly but hten grew more serious.  "Either way, come, your hand," she insisted, considering he had yet to offer it out to her. "You are in the right place if you want to hear your fortune. Not many possess the foresight as the Saranthian." She smiled at him, staring directly into his eyes. "And I can tell there will be much to see."

Lion

Enzo hesitated for a moment before taking off his gloves and extending his large hands out to her, palms up, skin delicate but his fingertips and thumbs rough to the touch.  "There can be no love for such a man.  I would sooner see his head rolling at my feet.  I am here for you to help me solidify his punishment.  When I find him, I will kill him, for he deserves nothing less."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao stared into his eyes after that statement for a good long while.
"Ah.. so I see, this is not the normal soul search,"s he purred. Then glancing down at his hands, she inspected them both and asked, "Which hand do you use most often? Preferably, the one for your sword?" and she pointed to one, assuming that the extra wear to the skin and callouses proved fruitful in her search.

Lion

"Both," Enzo corrected.  "I am right handed, but my left is equally as strong.  It must be to wield the blade such as the one at my side.  A katana if you care to see it.  A two handed blade for two handed combat."  Enzo tried to keep his eyes from wavering and his hands were trembling though he didn't know why.  He clenched his jaw, muscles protruding conspicuously but he did his best to contain it.  "What do you see?  What can you tell me?"  His eyes sought hers and remained glued to the sight.  They were intense and filled with fire, of guilt and anger and fear - and foremost the fear that they might betray his thoughts.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, for now, I see two hands," she said jokingly witha  chuckle, noticing the emotions stirring in his gaze. "But come, I will have to see these visions through both your hands then." And before Enzo could protest, she unsheathed the jeweled dagger and lightly cut across both palms of his hands, and worked quick, catching just the smallest bit of freshly spilled blood and letting it drop into a wooden bowl. Then she swung the waterskin from over her shoulder and uncorked it, letting two shakes of water fall in and grabbed a handful of dried powder and threw it at the bowl, only half going in, the other half fell around it in a chaotic mess.
Bending over the bowl, she began to swirl it around by holding the bowl within the palm o fher hand.

"Your blood in the water will be able to show me alot. For it is a different type of seed this vision comes from." And she planted a hand to her chest, where her heart beat. "It comes from another part of here, one that blinds up here." She told him, and pointed to her temple. "Now, all I need to do is.." but when her fingers touched the water she gave a yelp, dropped the bowl and hissed, clutching her hand as if she had been burned and leaped to her feet, cursing in her native tongue.
"The waters!" she said, noticing them spilling ontot he floor. "They have become hot!" ad she glanced over worriedly at the man, her eyes wide at the revelation. Though to anyone else, the waters would have felt cool to the touch, but she was still nursing the hand where it had gotten burned.

Lion

Enzo grit his teeth when the blade slashed across his palms.  Though thin and minute in size, it still stung and he clenched his hands tightly as he watched her work then.  It was a good thing she did it fast too, for he wouldn't have let her if she'd asked.  He just listened to her, though he would deny her words would ring true for him.

"I am not blinded," he said softly, though he doubted she heard him.  When the bowl grew hot though she did not know why, he took looked at her curiously and then down at the puddle that spilled out onto the floor, swirling with small traces of blood and his eyes widened in horror at the face he saw forming in the reflection of the water.

"You're too late, Enzo, you're always too late," Matakopas said through the reflection, his dark voice echoing through the room.  "It's sad to see you so troubled in slow, delusional beyond your might.  The beast beneath the earth will soon be awakened, and what will you do to stop it?"

"Where are you, Matakopas!?" Enzo growled at the reflection.

It only laughed in response as it looked over to Pao.  "Why doesn't your little fortune-teller tell you?"  And with that it vanished as Enzo fell to his knees on the ground, hands swiping at the water and powder and blood mixture, howling when there was nothing but ground underneath it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She had remained there, stunned, only staring down at the very real vision in the blood waters. This sort of thing had never happened before, at least not recently, so she was glad to be able to recompose herself before Enzo could see her.

"Come now, you can not grab the sight," she told him, taking him by the wrists and looking him int he eyes. She studied them. "There is much to tell in there." She said, still looking at his eyes, but then pulled away. "Unfortunately, it is late, and the shop is now closed." ANd she jerked a finger towards the beaded curtain, to where the last lights of day were fading. "I suggest the inn on the lower level of Canador. The Moor's Head. You can not miss it if you keep to the outter walls, but go easterly, for west will simply take you out to the Ocean's landing, and that Inn is not as good. Pretty," she shrugged it over in nonchalance. "But not as good."

ANd in truth, she didn't want to deal with the demon, for that's what she believed she had seen. SHe had to re cooperate her own magics and visions if she was even going to attempt to read into that one, and she was tired from her day of weaving spells of loves and spinning lies on love that was not there. Half of the time she just made things up. It worked well for good coin. Though her true powers were not always realized.. though now, it truly was, and she wasn't quite ready for diving into that mess at day's end.

"If you wish to return come morning, I give you good price. But for now, this reading was free of charge, and I must rest. Seeing the future, and things others can not is hard work." ANd she smiled and moved to lift the bead curtain door open, expecting him to leave.

Lion

Enzo's eyes grew wide and desperate as he peered out to Pao as if he wanted to grab her hard by the arms and shake her and force her to give him another reading.  Disappointment lingered in his face and peered down at the sliced palms of his hand that still stung and felt that it had all been for naught.  Enzo nodded to her assessment and stood up, flushed with emotion and took a deep breath to collect himself.  He stood up and took his gloves from the table, stuffing his hands into them and bowing to her once more.

"I'm sorry for that...outburst," Enzo said, his eyes looking around her place wonderingly one more time before turning on his heel and departing through the beaded curtain.  He could find east and west easily and was soon in front of the Moor's Head as she directed.  It was a small in, quaint, and inexpensive and soon found himself in his room.

He saw alone in the gloom, nothing more than an oil lamp burning on the mantelpiece and a fireplace smoldering flames just underneath it.  He sat on the floor at the foot of the bed, cross-legged and closing his eyes, trying to reflect on what just happened.  What kind of vision was that?  He certainly doubted it was Pao's doing, but she'd yet to prove her gift, except for the fact that she was quick to steal his blood and make excuses on what she hadn't seen.  Good thing it was a free session or he'd demand his money back.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Now with the man outside of her shop, Pao'orha could close up for the night,a nd as she began to gather up all of her things, she paused to stare down at the bowl and the blood water that still remained. There was only a small bit left that hadn't been spilled in the chaos, ad she made a face at it, swore in her tongue and made a warding motion, before carrying it off to the balcony and throwing hte water over the side.

"May the dark spirits be torn by winds!" she hissed, and paused there, staring off into the sky, eyes widening as she noticed something forming in the sky. It looked as if the moon was growing closer, and her hand clung to her chest. When the moon was this large, her mother had warned her...
the power was greater, but so were the spirits of the shadow. ANd those spirits you had to be careful of, for they were tricksters, like the jackal. she paused to look down at her hands, pondering what the connection might be to the strange man, and her fainting spell off the cliff side. Could they be all connected? ANd the vision of htat face.. that man...

She grit her teeth, but turned her back to the sunset, the world was already bleeding into the deep purple of the night, with just hte faint twinkling of stars dusting over head. She moved her way through the head curtains, finished cleaning up her mess, before beginning her nightly routine. She was nearly out of her paints, and began to mix up a fresh batch, but a scent caught from the powder made her freeze and she paused to observe it, dipped her finger intot he pouch and guided it to her nostrils and sniffed again.

Somethign rattled inside her brain, made her feel dizzy...
and she wasn't sure what compelled her, but as she finished mixing up the batch of paint, she began to lathering it onto her hands, and in doing so, she took her hands and began to lather it all over her body, and danced around in a circle around a small burning bowl of incense.

She was calling to the spirits of the twilight, hoping to seek answers this evening..
Perhaps in a dream, in a vision, or even in another unexpected guest. Either way, she was cleansing her mind and awakening the spirits inside.

Yes.. the visions from earlier..  she had to have answers. She would find a way.It was a sign. The new moon, the full moon, the big moon that hung intot he sky- and as she finsihed her dance she leaped out onto her balcony, bending down on one knee as her neck craned, chin up towards the sky. AN as she posed, she whispered words in her ancient tongues, words that were carried and through her breath against dried colored weeds she held within her fingers, and when she opene dhtem up, agianst her wordsa nd the ocean air, they took off, fluttering up high against the nighttime sky.

"May the spirits guide us all this night," and as she spoke, her eyes seemed to become illuminated by the glow of the moon.

Lion

Indeed the darkness did swirl behind her and as she glared up at the moon, a form found it's way into her house.  At first it seemed like nothing more than a shadow person, without a distinct owner, traveling along the walls in the dimness of what light remained and took its time in exploring her home and wares as she danced in the moonlight.  The shadow solidified further until it took a seat in a chair just at the door of her balcony.

"I never thought my old friend would stoop so low," the voice admitted, dulcet and rich and deep.  "But if you want my advice, you should stay way while you still can.  He's a mad man.  But you alreasy knew that didn't you.  Just like you know the beast is awakening.  The first of many..."  Matakopas would appear before her, coming out like back smoke streaming off of him.    He was tall with a powerful build for a mage, And his skin was dark and grey like the people of the wasteland.  Blue tattoos ran down his forehead, three arrows cascading fown the other until they pointed down to the bridge of his nose.  Two delicate blue marks were carved into his cheekbones.  His brow was high, eyes wise and discerning as they bored into her, But his grin was no less sinister.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: