Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where Can a Zombie Get a Drink 'Round Here!?

Started by Lion, June 30, 2013, 11:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Ginzu would spit if there was any saliva left in his mouth.  He'd spit out the sand and dry air that insisted on making a detour in his mouth and pouring out of his ears.  But for a walking corpse, he was doing pretty well for himself.  Too bad it made the no difference against the heat beating against his darkened skin.  You could lick his flesh and get a buzz from all the alcohol seeping from his pores.

He checked the empty kalabash around his neck and heard the swishing of the last dregs of whiskey he had with him and made a grunt of disappointment.  He walked along the streets of Essyrn, feeling grumpier by the minute as he dragged his fingers along the stone wall, unsure of just where he was and reached a hand out for his companion beside him, the warrior he'd come to know as Yisa.

"Oi!  You, boy, Yisa!  Find us a place to get a proper drink around here!  I've got brandy coming out from under my arms, my gullet is begging with thirst!  C'mon, I'm blind here!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Hiya

Had anyone been observing the odd duo, they may have been confused about their relationship. Traveling in the same direction, wandering together.... strangely not in sync but connected somehow.... or maybe they were stalking each other. Between the hunched, blind man with flaming hair moving about behind or in front of the brightly blond teen who continued to move around, it was hard to say who was doing which. Not even Yisa could tell what was going on. Including the brief silence she had settled into, nor the dark countenance that came over her.

The hand landed on her wrist startled her back into the present moment. She came to a stop as her eyes and features seemingly brightened. As the man spoke. she lifted her wrist to sniff his hand. Her nose scrunched up at the smell of booze. Her ocean green eyes looked around as if she'd never seen the place before as she let out a long "hmmm." She caught sight of a disappearing cart around a distant corner a light bulb went off over her head. She twisted her wrist free and reached for his hand instead. "Let's try this way!" She said, alto voice sounding like an enthusiastic little boy. It was all the warning she gave as she rushed off in the direction of the cart she'd seen. Only instincts guided her, nothing else was on her mind. Adventure was at hand, and that's all that mattered right? And what's a good adventure without a companion? She looked at the man she attempted to drag along from his blazing hair to his bone-thin muscle.

"What's your name mister?" She asked, failing to recall their earlier encounter.

Lion

"GINZU!  How many times do I gotta tell ya!?  Stupid boy," he said.  He wiped his brow and clawed at the grimey cloth at his eyes and frowned at her.  "Where ya taking me?!  I said I wanna drink dammit!  Get me a good beer or I'll knock you into the dirt,  Ain't ya hot in that, whatever the hell it is yer wearing?" 

He paused and listened for the sounds of the city and pointed in the direction most prevalent, that sounded like where people were laughing and having a good time.  "Oi try there!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Hiya

"Ginzu? First time I've heard it. I----- like it!" Yisa said in a cheerful voice. never minding the fact it was likely the 4th time she's said it in their travels. Yisa was humming a bright tune for most of what the man was saying. It matched the jingle of her swords on her left hip, and also the sway of the one to her hip, and the large black bracelet on her left wrist.  All she knew was that they felt comfortable and sounded wonderful. At his final question she looked around at her arm covered in cloth. "Ya gotta point there Ginzu guy," She said after brief consideration as she dragged them around the corner.

During this time they closed in and passed the copper horse and cart that had accompanied Yisa from the start. Focused on the destination Ginzu pointed out, she did not have time to stop by the creature. Once close to the door, the blonde slid to a stop. Dirt rose up in the air, tumbling through the open door to the saloon they ended up in. Somewhere along the line she let go of Ginzus clammy hand, but she didn't notice as she was too busy coughing at her own mess.

"Taadaa! Drink time!" She managed between coughs in a rougher voice. "Told ya I'd follow through." She managed to make her way to the counter, coughing and bumping into people. She wheezed as she came to sit at a high chair too busy coughing to order anything.

Lion

Ginzu followed the trail of her footsteps, bumping into happy patrons here and there until he was beside Yisa once more.  The monk stumbled a little before slamming his hand hard against her back, popping here with enough strength to hopefully knock the coughing spout from her.  Ginzu approached the counter and found a stool to sit on. He motioned for the bartender to come to him, who was quite confused at first and approached with hesitation at the strange looking patron.

"Give us two beers!  The best and coldest ya got in this whole forsaken place,"Ginzu said.  The monk reached into his pants and pulled out a single gold piece the most money he's ever had in one particular sitting, and one he was sure Cortez wished he would have at least once a night to start paying off his tab.  He slammed it on the table and pushed it forth as the bartender still looked at the both of them funny.

"Cold?  Not sure if there's anything cold in this place but I'll see what I can come up," he said before disappearing in the back. 

Ginzu turned to Yisa and scowled at her.  "Listen, boy, you've got to play it cool or they'll kick us out of here!  No more coughing like a maniac!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Hiya

The sudden jolt to her back did do the trick. it left her choking on a gasp of air though. She took a drink of someone next to her and chugged most of it down. No one initially noticed the action until she set t he glass down. The objectifying shout from the man was lost on her ears due to a long sigh of relief that passed through her lips. A prompt "Thank you Very much mister!" came out meant for both Ginzu and the man. "Hey," She leaned in close to him, a warm look coming to her eyes. She reached over and settled her hand on his shoulder. "That's not very good water. Get something better next time," Yisa shared as she patted his shoulder. The alto voiced gal turned around to hear Ginzus interaction with the bartender. Only the mans younger companion kept his fists away from the oblivious teen.

In fact, there were similar dispositions of the nearly-dead man and bubbly blond. Little did the pair know, the place had a decent amount of people who knew them on way or another. Old encounters from years back, to newer, more recent ones, such as a couple of bandits who attacked the pair earlier in the day. Of course not all the people knew them for ill will. The laughter and music continued despite the number of looks they were getting for one reason or another. Either way, Ginzu couldn't see them and Yisa didn't notice the looks. So what was the use worrying over something that wasn't affecting them? In the blonds mind, the answer was a clear "nothing." What did matter was that she was feeling a bit warm. The time was now to remedy that!

"Listen, boy, you've got to play it cool or they'll kick us out of here!  No more coughing like a maniac!"

"MMM-HMMM!" Her muffled reply came out as she got stuck trying to remove her shirt. Unfortunately for her, she had forgotten to remove the covered sword on her back before lifting the long sleeved, loose top. Alcohol was not something she was used to. Now it was stuck on her face, exposing only the wrap used to keep chest bound. She struggled a bit more, arms over her head as she enjoyed a brief breeze over her midriff. "MEH!AMITTLEMEPMER!" She tried to ask for help. The bartender was sure to return to a sight.

Lion

[Edited for shortness.  Had serious writer's block for this, sorry!]

Ginzu heard a muffle and grunting and when the hilt of a sword came smashing into his head, he gave a yelp when he doubled over the counter.  "Hey!  What's the big idea? Ginzu roared as he abruptly turned around and slammed his fist into the first person he sensed close behind him. 

That just so happened to be a hulking giant of a man that made a loud noise and stumbled backward into a table where more men were busy playing cards.  He knocked the table down and made the other men pissed off beyond hell's fury.  They abruptly stood up from the ground and looked over to Ginzu who was busy trying to help Yisa pry her shirt back over her head.

"This ain't no peep show, mate!" one man growled and grabbed Yisa by the shoulder.  "Put that back on!"

"Hey!  It's hotter than hellfire here!"Ginzu said, stumbling back.  "If the boy wants to take it off let 'im take it off!"

"Shut it old man!"

Ginzu shrugged and stumbled back in his chair and nodded in Yisa's general direction.  "Look we ain't here to start a fight!  But if you call me old man again, you might not be so happy 'bout it.  You need to get away from my friend and let him do what he wants!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn