Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hiding in Golden City (Nova)

Started by zozee9, July 26, 2013, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Alexandra gazed up at the colosseum with a sick feeling growing in her stomach. She had arrived in Essyrn just that morning after a long journey through the desert. After dropping off her stuff in an inn, she decided to travel around the town a little. It was famed for its beauty and she had always wanted to visit it. Plus, Alexandra figured it was about time she should be allowed to rest somewhere for a while. After all, it was her eighteenth birthday.

But she knew what happened in the colosseums and did not approve of it. People forced to fight animals or even each other? It was horrible. If she had the money, she would have freed every single one of them. But she didn't, so Alexandra lowered her gaze and adjusted her cloak.

In a city such as this one, she knew there were bound to be bounty hunters. Her days of showing off her wings would be suspended until she left. So before she came to Essyrn, Alexandra had bought a big cloak. It would cover her bleached white hair and her giant folded dove wings. While people would definitely be able to tell she had something on her back, hopefully they wouldn't question her. Having wings wasn't a huge deal. Having pure white wings might be. After all, they were her own signature look. And if they found her... well, maybe she would end up in the colosseum as well.

Unsettled by her own thoughts, Alexandra hastily turned around... and ran straight into somebody. She rebounded and her hood fell off. Embarrassed, she quickly pulled her hood back over her hair and bowed without even looking at the person she ran into. "Sorry..." she mumbled, not sure what else to say.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

The city of Essryn was something that reminded Sajira of her home, the large glorious buildings the crowd of the market and the sounds of people at work. Only thing that mothered her was this heat this dry heat, Sajira was used to the heat of the jungles not this desert heat.

-"How can people live in this heat?"

She mumbled to herself as she slithered through the streets still dressed as normal though, She was lucky she had white scales as they did not get nearly as hot compared to other coloured scales but she still had a simple cloth wrap as headwear because one needed it in this heat. She was just admiring the architecture of the city as she felt someone bump into her so she looked down at the person she had bumped into.

-"Oh Hello there, Sorry my thoughts were in the clouds"

She said with a friendly smile and lowered herself a bit so that the smaller person did not need to look up at her as much, She felt that there were something familiar about this woman bt she could not place what it was and in curiosity her tounge flickered out for a moment but she still could not place the feeling.

zozee9

When Alexandra stood straight up again, seeing the... person?... she ran into, her mouth dropped open. Then, even more embarrassed than before, she closed it immediately. While she may have seen some strange things in her travels, snake people wasn't one of them. And the person looked huge, even leaning down.

But she seemed nice enough... and would keep the attention off of herself. After all, who would look at somebody covered in a light cloak when there was a giant snake person next to them? And just because she looked different didn't mean she was bad. It was just a little startling.

Smiling back at the lady, Alexandra replied, "It's okay, so are mine. My name is Alexandra, how about yours?" Being able to keep her real name always gave Alexandra comfort. She had a different name on her bounty posters—Feathers—so nobody would get suspicious when they heard the name Alexandra. Though truth be told, she found it a little odd that they didn't put her actual name on the posters, too. Maybe it was because she already stood out so much.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

-"It is nice to meet you Alexandra my name is Sajira Asonaka"

Sajira said with a friendly tone and a slight nod, Her tail instinctively coiled beneath her so that she could be more comfortable in the place she were standing.

-"So what brings you here? Simply enjoying the sights of the city? This city reminds me so much of my home city"

She said as she lifted her head and looked around on the structures around them with a nostalgic look on her face, She then looked back at Alexandra and waited for her answer for what she was visiting the city for while still smiling friendly at her.

zozee9

"Sight seeing is one way to put it," Alexandra replied. Not wanting to delve any farther into that subject, she added, "Where are you from?"

She had never been to any city like this before. But surely the snake woman must be from somewhere interesting... and perhaps even hidden. Alexandra had never heard of people like her before.

Adjusting her cape again, she mentally cursed the sun. Maybe coming here wasn't a great idea... it seemed like every moment would be uncomfortably hot if she kept hiding her wings.

Scythe-Nova

-"I'm from a country far far from here, My home is Cabala Houkae the great city of Naga"

She said with a proud voice as she explained where she was from, She looked down on Alexandra and studied her face for a bit before it dawned on her.

-"Oh? Are you from Yoreiqi?"

She asked and looked at her with a wide friendly smile and straigthened herself, she lifted her hand to her face and removed her headwear and wrapped it around her waist to get it out of her way.

zozee9

I have no idea where that is, thought Alexandra when Sajira explained where she was from. But all she did was smile. It was obvious how patriotic the girl was.

Alexandra's eyes widened as the girl guessed she was from Yoreiq. She knew her fae blood was more dominant in her looks, so people didn't usually know the other half of her ethnicity (if fae even counts as ethnicity).

But her face returned back to normal as her smile got bigger and she replied, "I grew up in Serendipity, but I do have Yoreiqi blood in me." There was no harm in saying that.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh how nice i was recently on Yoreiqi before i came here, Oh do you have wings like they do?"

She asked and circled Alexandra still smiling friendly, She liked the wings that the Yoreiqi had and enjoyed seeing them flex them oh she wondered what kind of patter Alexandra had if she had wings that is. The Yoreiqi people had such a giving and friendly culture and Sajira had certainly been influenced by them and also become somewhat respectful of them.

zozee9

Alexandra pulled her wings even tighter against her back when Sajira asked about them. While normally she would love to show off her wings, this wasn't the right time for it.

"Yes... I have wings... but I don't really like showing them off in public," she replied shyly. It would be impossible to lie about not having wings given the lump on her back, so she just did what she could to try to get Sajira's mind off of them.

Then, trying to change the subject again, she added, "How about you? Do all your people look that that?" After speaking, Alexandra immediately regretted her words. That must have sounded so rude. But she had been in a hurry to get the attention off of herself... Plus, the woman must get questions like that all the time.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh? They must surely be beautiful"

She said making her full circle around Alexandra while still smiling at her friendly, She maed sure her tail did not stay around Alexandra to not make her feel trapped it had happened before that people got scared by it.

-"My People? Well not really i am a Pureblood Naga we have more traits from our ancestors than the normal naga have"

She explained with a proud voice and a wide smile, when it came to her lineage she had no qualms about keeping it secret since she were not to be embarrased of her royal blood.

zozee9

"Naga?" Alexandra asked curiously. "I have never heard of that term before. Would you mind explaining it?"

Given the tone in Sajira's voice, Alexandra didn't doubt the woman could talk about the Naga all day long.

After pausing for a second, she added, "Would you perhaps like to go eat somewhere?" She was getting hungry but was interested in Sajira and wanted to talk to her longer. "I passed by a really nice looking cafe earlier. It's about five minutes away." She smiled.

Scythe-Nova

-"Well... Oh a cafe? That sounds lovely"

She said Looking around before smiling at Alexandra, She seemed as if she were hiding something thought Sajira as she "Stood" in front of her and waited for her to guide her to the cafe she were talking about.

-"Lead on then"

zozee9

Alexandra turned to the left and started walking down the street.

Looking behind her but making sure not to run into anybody else, she asked, "So, what exactly are Naga?" She smiled at Sajira kindly before returning her gaze to in front of her.

Alexandra started to wonder if blending in was such a big deal in this city. There were so many different people... some of which, like Sajira, stuck out like sore thumbs. Maybe she would have been fine showing off her wings. But, Alexandra decided, it wouldn't be worth the risk.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira smiled as she started to slither along the ground next to Alexandra following her lead.

-"Well Naga is what my people are, we have a serpentine lower body and a humanoid upper half, The Word Naga is from an ancient language that means Human Serpent"

She explained as they walked together along the streets of the great city, Her tail silently slithered her across the streets. Her form drew much attention from onlookers but many stopped gawking as they realized it was rude and not too uncomon for a city as large as this, It felt nice to her all attention she guessed she had something of a attention complex not that big of a deal.

zozee9

Alexandra couldn't help but stare for a second as Sajira slithered. It was just so... different.

Realizing that she should probably say something in response, Alexandra looked back up and, with a smile, replied, "That's awesome. Not to pry or anything, but are there a lot of Naga? I've never heard of the term before."

Seeing just how much attention Sajira attracted just confirmed Alexandra's belief that her wings should stay hidden. Is a snake lady and somebody who looked like an angel were walking around, there was no way she could stay undiscovered.

Scythe-Nova

-"Well yes there are many Nagas but most of them live far away so we are rare in these lands"

She explained as she slithered next to Alexandra and smiling at her, She thought that Alexandra was an interesting person she could probably have some fun times with her. She slithered in closer and whispered into Alexandra's ear with a curious tone

-"You don't like your wings?"

She asked and looked at Alexandra with some worry in her voice, One should not dislike their unique traits since they are what make you you she thought. She slithered to the side slightly to not seem too pushy.

zozee9

Alexandra laughed nervously.

"I'm shy about showing them," she replied, sticking to her earlier story... even though it was a complete lie. In truth, her wings were the only thing she enjoyed showing off. But when you're in a bounty hunter city and you have a bounty on you, well, it was best to stay discreet.

"I'd rather not talk about it..." Alexandra finished. Maybe that would get Sajira to stop asking about them.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh.. sorry"

She smiled at Alexandra and shrugged her shoulders before scratching her neck slightly, She slithered closer to Alexandra and gave her a friendly pat on her back.

-"Hey Cheer up"

She said with a chuckle and nimbly slithered past her and looked back at her before pointing towards a building further ahead.

-"Is That the Cafe?"

zozee9

Alexandra's wings shivered when Sajira patted her on the back. Even though she had just said sorry, she thought that Sajira was going to lift up her cloak or feel her wings or something weird like that. Luckily, it was just a normal pat on the back.

"Yeah..." she responded. She really hated lying, especially to someone who seemed so kindhearted.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmm i wonder if they have somewhere where i can place myself"

She said and looked towards the boulding with a curious expression, She were not sure if the Cafe would have the space for her large stature. Though she thought that they would be able to resolve that problem if it arised when they got there.