Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hiding in Golden City (Nova)

Started by zozee9, July 26, 2013, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Alexandra watched as Sajira looked into the street. Her eyes clearly weren't focused on something there, but were also not blank. It looked like she was daydreaming. And with what she said next, Alexandra guessed she was.

"Then it must be a great place," she responded with a smile. "It seems like you really love it." Because of Sajira's clear patriotism, Alexandra was starting to wonder if Cabala Houkae would be a good place for her to visit someday. That being said, it might be for Naga only.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes my home is beautifull, the bazaar, the great River and the palace all of it is beautifull."

She replied as she tore her gaze from the streets and looked at Alexandra with a happy smile.

-"We don't get many travellers though which i think is a shame because we could learn much from trading with other countries"

She explained and looked as if she were thinking of something but she shook it off and chuckled slightly.

zozee9

Without hesitating, Alexandra responded, "I would love to visit!" She paused. "If you'd let me, of course. I'm afraid I can't help much politic wise..." After all, she was an outlaw. "... but I can trade things I pick up here and there. I can bring whatever you need."

Honestly, she just wanted to visit the land. It sounded beautiful and, well, safe. And surely a country like that wouldn't judge her on her wings.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

-"There's nothing that stops people from visiting our country, but i guess it's somewhat difficult to get there."

She said and smiled at Alexandra before taking another sip from the ice tea, it was almost empty now but Sajira did not mind since she had a great chatting partner. Mostly on her travels it seemed that no one wanted to pick conversations with her, but here and there she found people who were intruiged about her and such were a start for conversations for her.

-"Many large things live in the wilderness in my country, Our roads are well kept but some things are just too big to deal with..."

zozee9

"Hm? Oh, that's no trouble for me!" Alexandra replied confidently. She had confidence in her abilities. She was a great escaper. She could just fly or disguise herself to blend in with the background. But she did start to wonder what 'large things' Sajira was talking about that prevented people from visiting.

"What kind of things?" she asked, getting straight to the point. "And how do you make it through, then? Not that I doubt your ability or anything."

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah well my country is home to many types of Critters of great sizes, Just like the flora is supersized compared to everywhere else... My people are very good swimmers so we move around in the long streams that run through our land"

She explained with a light smile and put down her ice tea onto the table before looking out on the street absently and then returned her gaze to Alexandra with a sunny smile.

-"We call the large critters Titanos, Most of them are not agressive by nature but they anger easily so they scare away the few that travel to our country for trade"

zozee9

They swam to their land? That made sense... since they were serpentine. Sadly, Alexandra knew swimming and her didn't go well together. Wet wings were heavy wings. But maybe she could just fly over...

"How easily are they scared? Would it be dangerous to simply walk there, without any weapons or anything?" she questioned. That would be a lot simpler than flying. After all, flying was tough work. And if she mentioned flying to Sajira, she was pretty sure the girl would ask more about her wings.

And she didn't want that.

Scythe-Nova

-"That really depends on what you do or if they even notice you, They respond to loud noises so i guess thats the thing one has to be carefull with."

She explained as she thought back on the talks she had with some of the road patrolls and the tales of the lumbering beasts that roamed the giant jungle, No one had ever needed to fight one of the beasts and if they ever got angry they fled from it pretty easy.

-"But even if one makes them go on a rampage it's easy to run away from them since they can't run through the trees... most of them anyways"

She recalled that there was a patrol that had come back with a terrifying tale of a gigantic razor scaled beast that run down trees as it chased the patrol but luckily there was a creek nearby that the patrol used to escape the beast.

zozee9

"I would love to visit!" Alexandra exclaimed. "If that's okay with you and other Naga's, of course. But I don't think I'd have troubles getting there... I'm good at being quiet and great at hiding." And she could fly away.

"Do you think that would be okay? I don't want to intrude on your homeland, of course, but I love traveling to new places!" Plus, it would take her mind off of her work. With everything that had been going on lately, she needed a break. That's part of the reason she came to Essyrn.

Scythe-Nova

-"My homeland is open to all who travel allways have been"

She answered with wide smile and chuckled happily as she felt the cincerity from her dinner partner before looking towards the kitchen and tilting her head slightly.

-"The food is taking a bit it seems"

She said with a smile before looking back at Alexandra and found herself wondering what colour her wings was, or if they had a pretty pattern maybe only a single colour like light brown or black.

zozee9

"Ahh... I must visit then," Alexandra happily replied. "How much longer is your... pilgrimage? Maybe I could travel the rest of the way with you and then return to your land. If you wouldn't mind, of course."

Alexandra paused before adding, "I'm sure the food will be here soon. Plus, who cares if we have to wait a little while... as long as it tastes good!" She laughed at herself before taking another sip of her tea. Then, realizing she had just finished it off, said, "But I do hope they refill this delicious tea..."

As if on cue, the waitress returned with both their food and two new glasses of tea. "Perfect!" Alexandra exclaimed, excited to dig into the food.

Scythe-Nova

-"Well i don't really know when my pilgrimage will be done.. i mean i've been on this journey for somewhere around nine years"

She explained and sighed slightly before looking back to Alexandra and nodding with a smile on her face in agreement to her statement. When she food finally arrived she smiled wide and licked her lips slightly.

-"Oooh this looks just delicious"

She said and picked up her cold cuts and placed some on a piece of bread and ate it and savoured the taste in her mouth and ummed at the good taste.

zozee9

Alexandra's eyes widened as the girl explained how long her journey had been. She had been predicting more like... one year. Maybe three, max. Not nine.

"That's a long time," Alexandra finally replied after eating a few bites of her food. "Don't you miss your family?" She took another bite. "Oh, and this is absolutely delicious. Do you want a bite?"

It seemed to her that Sajira was enjoying her food as well... which wasn't a surprise. The cafe seemed to be pretty good quality, which made her glad. After all, it was Alexandra's idea to come.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yeah it's been a long time... Well i miss my father a bit but all in all i mostly miss the company of others, Traveling like i do get very lonely sometimes"

She explained and smiled widely towards Alexandra, When she offered her salad Sajira looked a bit uncomfortable and shook her head slightly.

-"No thank you i can't really eat vegetables, i get very ill if i do.. But thank you for the offer"

She explained and chuckled slightly as she took another bit from her food and looked at Alexandra with friendly expression.

zozee9

Alexandra, "Oh no! I'm sorry, I didn't know that..." But of course, what kind of snake ate vegetables? She looked down, slightly ashamed.

After a couple of seconds, though, she looked back up at Sajira. "I understand the loneliness, though," she replied, completely honest. After all, her best friend was murdered alongside the rest of her family. Yes, loneliness what something that Alexandra was very well associated with.

Scythe-Nova

-"Don't worry about it, it's not like Naga eating habits are common knowledge"

She said with a slight laugh as she looked at Alexandra with a bright smile, Her scales shivered slightly as she marveled at the salty taste of the meat she had eaten.

-"Oh, How come?"

She asked and looked at Alexandra with a curious gaze as she took a bite from her sandwich and savoring the taste in her mouth.

zozee9

Alexandra realized that she said something she shouldn't have. Hinting at her past was not a good idea. Well... everyone gets lonely at some point in their life, right?

"Everyone gets lonely at some point, right?" Alexandra questioned in response, mimicking her logical thoughts. "And I do travel alone, so I think I'm bound to get lonely more than some others." The subject didn't really depress her... until she thought about her dead family. Then her mood became darker, so she took another bite out of her salad. It didn't help much.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira directly saw when Alexandras mood turned and she got a troubled expression but tried to figure out something to say to brighten the situation. She took another bite from her sandwich and looked at Alexandra before smiling.

-"Then again, sometimes you meet very interesting people on your travels"

She said whit a bright and happy smile towards Alexandra, It was as if her she really tried to be a sun in the dark mood.

zozee9

Alexandra laughed and raised up her fork, as if cheering for something. "That I do," she responded kindly. "I find that everyone I meet in interesting... though each in their own way."

Even the most normal of people had something unique about them. And that's what made people so fun.

"So... who do you think is the strangest person you've ever met?" she asked curiously. It was a question that Alexandra never really thought much about.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira smiled more as she saw that she had cheered up Alexandra and giggled a bit when she raised her fork into the air, And when she asked about who the most strange person she had met was she brought her hand to her chin and looked up to the side with an thinking expression.

-"Strangest huh? It's kinda hard to decide i mean i have men so many people in my travels"

She said and looked out towards the street with an expression of thought, after some seconds she looked back at Alexandra and smiled.

-"How about you?"