Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hiding in Golden City (Nova)

Started by zozee9, July 26, 2013, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

"Hmm... that really is a tough one. I've met some very strange people—some in their personalities, some in their looks, and some in their magic." She ate while thinking of a few examples.

"I've met a little boy who seemed to contain the spirit of a fifty year old woman. I'm still suspicious whether or not there was some sort of magic in place there... And I once met someone who I think was created by some sort of scientist or something. The person had horns of a bull and a horse tail and paws and their stomach was simply... not there. Their was a hole in their middle. Magic wise, well, that ones tough. All magic is so strange." Her magic was so strange. "But I suppose the first thing that comes to my head was that lady who could steal voices."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

-"You surely have seen a lot of strange things it seems"

Sajira said with a smile and laughed a little bit before taking a sip of her ice tea and looking at Alexandra with interested eyes, She thought the bit of a woman that could steal voices was reminding her of something vauge that was in the back of her head but she could not remember it fully.

-"That last thing sounds akin to someone i've met before... but i can't clearly remember it to well.."

She said a bit absentmindedly as she looked out into the street as if she was trying to remember something, It was as if she could touch the memory but it simply slipped out of her grasp every time.

zozee9

"Reminds you of someone?" Alexandra repeated, clearly surprised. Well, someone like that would be hard to forget even if one only met her once. "Hmm... I can't remember her name right now. Probably because I did my best to avoid her. Wouldn't want my voice to be stolen, after all."

She took a long and slow sip of her own tea and then explained. "Her skin's tint was a little off... it was like a pale green. She had wild blue hair and dark grey eyes. She was a strange looking one, too." Alexandra laughed. "But that hybrid being was still stranger!"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh no it just felt familiar i don't know if i met the one you're thinking of"

She said with a smile and looked at Alexandra before taking another bite of her sandwich, She then looked at Alexandra with a curious gaze.

-"Hybrid? What's that?"

Sajira had never heard of that word before and instantly became very curious.

zozee9

Alexandra looked at the girl with a bit of a blank stare. Hybrid wasn't that odd of a word... then again, maybe they spoke a different language where she was form. That seemed quite reasonable.

"A hybrid is a mixed being," she explained as best as she could. "In a way, you are a hybrid. You're part snake, part human. Same with me—part bird, part human. But the word hybrid often refers to genetically altered beings. People who were changed by others. I guess that's how I usually use it, at least. Maybe just because it's odd to consider myself a hybrid."

Alexandra munched on her own salad as she gave Sajira time to think what she said over.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmm i've never heard that word used before... Oh well"

She said with a smile and took another large bit from her sandwich as she thought some more about what Alexandra had explained.

-"Hmmmm, by the way what are you planning to do after you're done here in the city?"

She asked and looked at Alexandra with a bright smile, She thought that maybe they could travel a bit together if she had nothing against it.

zozee9

After she was done in the city? Travel as fast as she could to escape the military before finding another town to sneak into.

"Not much," Alexandra replied. "Just travel some more." It wasn't technically a lie. "How about you? And are you planning on staying here for a while?" She had yet to decide how long she wanted to stay in Essyrn. But a few weeks definitely sounded nice.

Scythe-Nova

-"I'm planning to stay for about a day or so but i was thinking if you would still be here tomorrow maybe we could travel together?"

She explained as she picked up a napkin from the table and brushed of some of the breadcrumbs from around her mouth, She looked at Alexandra with a friendly smile as she waited for her reply and then took another sip from her ice tea.

zozee9

Alexandra gave her a regretful smile before kindly responding, "Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I have to stay in this town for longer than that." Long enough to relax before breaking into important buildings. "I'll probably be staying for another week or two—at least. I'm sorry."

She paused before adding, "Though we could always catch some breakfast tomorrow before you take off, it you'd like."

Scythe-Nova

Sajira waited for the answer and when she got it she sighed slightly, "Oh well" she thought as she took another bite of her sandwich and nodded in response of Alexandra's answer.

-"It's okay... Having breakfast tomorrow sound very good, but when should we meet tomorrow then?"

She asked and tilted her head slightly as she took the last bite of her sandwich and swallowing it whole and waited for Alexandra to reply to her question.

zozee9

Alexandra smiled and kindly responded, "Whenever works for you! I can get up as early as needed—your schedule is the one that matters, in this case." She ate a bite of her food before adding, "And would you like to go somewhere else, then? Or just meet up here?"

The server came and refilled the ice tea, which Alexandra had already forgotten she had. She took a long sip and continued eating while waiting for Sajira to respond.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmmmm Well how about a bit before midday at... ummm do you know where the "Jade Flower" Resturant is?"

She asked and looked at Alexandra with a curious gaze, the place she was reffering to was a nice open air resturant towards the center of the city. It was a bit pricey but Sajira did not know why people said that it was quite cheap by her standards, then again it might be because she paid in rare jewels and gems that was very common in her home country and there they were mostly used as decorations and not in the trade system they had there.

The biggest reason Sajira liked the place was that the VIP tables that they had there was quite large and she could easily fit there without problems, also they served amazingly good whole cooked or roasted critters there and she had also gotten a taste for the seafood they sold there.

zozee9

Alexandra laughed and honestly replied, "I have absolutely no idea where that is. I just got here today, so I haven't gotten a grasp of the town yet. Would you mind giving me instructions? I'm pretty good at remembering things so I should be able to remember them." After all, she always had to memorize escape routes from her break-ins.

She finished the last of her food with a smile and continued sipping her tea. She wasn't in any rush to go anywhere, so she figured they might as well keep talking.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmmm well did you see the large fountain in the Plaza? If you begin from there you just have to walk along the main street, And i'm sure it's gonna be hard to miss me at the resturant."

She said with a smile and picked up her ice tea and took a big gulp of it, her mind wandered back to the first time she got to the resturant and had a bit of a tough time getting in untill she showed that she had more than enough to pay for her meals. Then again Sajira had no idea of the value of the jewels she owned, and as the jewels were still uncut they were worth much more.

zozee9

Alexandra nodded with a smile. The fountain was hard to miss... it was one of the first things she noticed when she was looking around for an inn to stay in. It was also in the very middle of the city. If she ever had to make a quick escape, that's where she was planning on running. It was bustling with people and made it so she could exit from any direction of the town.

Glancing down at her tea, Alexandra frowned and drank the rest of it. Maybe she did have something to do. "I'm sorry, I just remembered that I have somewhere to go. But I'll meet you tomorrow?" She, being the fool she was, still hadn't found a new map of Essyrn that she could use to scout out exits and ways out of the city.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh? Have you somewhere to be? if so i apollogize for keeping you..."

Sajira said as she looked at Alexandra with an apologizing expression before looking out from the café again with a distant smile.

-"i guess we'll meet tomorrow then"

She said looking back at Alexandra with a light smile upon her face, She wondered about what Alexandra had to do but she decided not to pry.

zozee9

Smiling at her new friend, Alexandra responded, "Oh no, it's fine. It was my fault. But I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!" She stood up, set some money on the table to pay for their meal, and headed out of the cafe with a smile. It was such a great start to a new town.

OOC: Do you want to have the next day be on this thread or would you prefer there to be a new thread?

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes lets meet tomorrow"

Sajira said with a wide smile as she waved her new friend off, She finished her sandwich and ice tea before thanking the waitress and giving compliments on the food before leaving the cafe as well. She slithered along the streets towards the inn she had gotten a room at while thinking of what she should talk about with Alexandra the next day.

(OOC: We could do a new thread :3 Maybe even invite another person XD)