Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: In Light and Darkness [Goblin]  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Juno

Re: In Light and Darkness [Goblin]
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »
Maddie smiled warmly at the thought of returning to some normal, useful work. Seeing her clients in some way was what she’d been missing the most since her accident with magic. “I’d like that, I think. Thank you for the offer, I’ll probably need to take you up on that.”

She chuckled lightheartedly, in good spirits to have something so close to her brought up at all. The contact of his hand to her shoulder was unexpected, though. For a moment she faltered in her steps, a question in her eyes as she looked up at him. When he pulled it away rather quickly, though, she couldn’t help but feel a pang of disappointment even as she flashed him an understanding smile. Of course he wouldn’t bring it up, he was far too polite, but Maddie couldn’t help the pounding of her heart in her chest for the brief moment.

“It’s the least I can do for all your help. You’ve been so kind to me, even when you didn’t need to. I would gladly help you free of charge, as a thank you of sorts,” she promised, eyes scanning his uniform for signs of imperfection. “I could make a trip to fetch things once we return home. I would certainly return yours to you first.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2016, 07:41:04 PM »
"Bah! No trouble at all, Miss Madeline." He waved his hands at her to beg off such kind offerings. "I'll pay just like every other customer. It would not do to cheat you over something so small as human kindness. Besides, I'm likely to become one of your best customers. You wouldn't want to lose the business just because I'm giving you too much work," Lorcan jested softly. "You wouldn't believe the number of patches that need fixing care of a certain unruly stable boy." The Mordecai chuckled to himself and shook his head. "Boys though, what can you do?"

Offline Juno

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »
Maddie chuckled fondly at the thought of a troublesome little boy. For all he'd told her his younger brother sounded like a handful, she didn't blame him at all if he felt overwhelmed.

"I'm sure I've seen worse! But...at least a discount, then," she insisted lightly. "I won't charge you full price with all that you've done for me. Wouldn't be right of me. Consider it...returning the favor, if you must."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »
Lorcan waved his hands in denial. "No, no, no. You can't do that, Miss Madeline. I haven't done anything worthy of such generosity and if you give me a discount then all the boys will want one and then it won't be a discount anymore. Besides I wouldn't want it to all reflect badly upon you. Someone might consider it you bribing me for something and that would only get you into more trouble. I would much rather see you happy and with good business than trouble you unnecessarily, Miss Madeline."

Offline Juno

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
A thoughtful pout set upon her lips, her eyes studying him warily for his insistent, if polite, rejection. "It could be our secret," she pressed, blushing slightly at the idea of having any secret to keep with him.

"I'll feel like I've taken advantage of you if I don't," she explained, having no other idea of how to express her gratitude if he remained unwilling to accept. "I know you aren't obligated to be this nice to me." There was a hopeful lift to that that she didn't care to rein in. Surely he must have cared for her a little, in her mind.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »
"Aww Miss Madeline I would be taking advantage of you if I were to accept. I'm simply doing what any other human should do. I was raised to treat people with the same kindness I wished bestowed upon myself regardless of who they were. I'm glad you find me a decent enough sort though," he chuckled shyly, while scratching at the back of his neck.

"No perhaps let's just make this deal then. You get yourself settled back home again safely and I promise to come by personally with all my mending. I'm sure between my brother and I alone we could keep you very busy with business." He laughed again with a shake of his head. "We're not exactly the sort to be very kind to our clothing. Would that be your liking then Miss Madeline?"

Offline Juno

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
The Mordecai was a good man. That was clear enough through his words and actions and it truly warmed her heart to know there even were people in the world that could be like him. She shook her head politely at the assumption he made about taking advantage of her. There was no way he would have been a burden to her after all his kindnesses, and her offer was truly genuine.

At last he saw reason, though, her features relaxing as she eagerly nodded in acceptance of his terms. "That's alright! It would be to my liking, thank you. But- If you don't mind could you perhaps drop the 'miss'?"

The mage giggled nervously, looking away briefly at the path ahead as her heart hammered in her chest. "It makes me feel...old," she admitted. Though not entirely a lie she mostly hated how it sounded nearly as formal as "ma'am" and it left her feeling just plain old.