Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Spider

Started by visualspice, August 18, 2013, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"To the stars?" she asked, darkly. She narrowed her gaze, skeptically.

"It's true! And it was my idea! I thought it would be something convincing if proved," Sah-lora interjected.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I did exactly that," Ghanon replied levelly, meeting Rizhra's gaze.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Her gaze still hard, Rhizrha nodded.
"Such power can not be trifled with. But that does not clarify your origin of to whom you serve. Is it yourself? The dark and damned, or some king and you're out for coin? Though I do not suspect the latter. No king is foolish to set foot here."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I serve no one but me, and my actions are my own.  I answer to no man or woman or god.  I am Ghanon, Witch-Queen.  That is who I am," he said, his patience running thin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

It seemed the man was as stubborn as she. It made her grin, though a hard one.
"Tell me, Ghanon, what is your purpose here then? You claim it is to make peace, but you fell into our lands... It is that landing I must question. It is... difficult to trust anyone, though it seems you are a man who can understand at least that."

Lion

"I came to claim what is mine," Ghanon said resolutely.  And gestured to Sah-lora.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Rhizra raised her brows before they narrowed sternly.
"I'm sorry, but my daughter does not belong to you."

Lion

"You are right," Ghanon said.  And with that he came forward toward Sah-lora and kissed her, slowly and deeply.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The witches daughter hadn't expected that! The contact of his lips upon hers made a heat wash over her, through her and tingled down to the end of her limbs. She wasn't sure what to say or even do to that, for her brain had temporarily halted, but she found herself kissing him back- before a sharp hand on her arm ripped her from the moment, and she found herself at her mother's side.

"That is quite enough." Rhizra glared. "Whatever this is, your visit here has come to an end. I'm sure you can find your way out of this swamp by yourself."

Lion

Ghanon stared at Rihzra, smirking a little and wiping his lips.  If she thought she could get rid of him that easily, she had another thing coming.  Still he winked at Sah-lora and turned slowly, disappearing into the night. 

That wouldn't be the last they'd see of him, but he would go quietly.  For now.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The night seemed endless, but at least the monster's seemed to remain at bay. But their moans still drifted, and when they'd normally make her shiver, Sah-lora had only one thing on her mind. But she listened to her mother and remained inside their cabin, all the while Rhizra prepared a potion- one she hoped would ward off the wanna be dark prince.

Lion

That was her hope anyway.

Ghanon remained in the dark, ethereal, and as quiet as the wind.  He watched and listened, looking at them between spaces in the slats of their cabin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When the cauldron flared red, she held up a ladle of smoking brew.
"Here, Sah-lora." She grabbed her daughter by the hand. "Drink this, and quick. The potion will protect you from that menace, and ward off his treachery."

"Ward him off?" she raised her brows quizzically, and her mother hissed.

"Yes, ward. I concocted this potion from his very body chemistry. Drink this and he won't even be allowed to touch you without getting burned."

Sah-lora stared at her mother, uncertain for a moment, but the look her mother gave her-
she was quick to lift the drink to her lips.

"And be sure to drink it all!" her mother barked.

Lion

Witchery. He smirked at her mother's clever attitude.  She really thought she could protect her from him?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She knocked the drink back, which soon had her coughing over the taste.
"This tastes like piss!"
He mother smiled and sneered, "good, its supposed to!" yanking the glass from her hand, she gestured. "Now get ready for bed. You reek of the swamp."

Sah-lora cast her mother a glare before preparing a shallow bath and undressing in the back room, and as she began to clean herself with the lard and oils, her mother appeared and studied her daughters body.

"Sahlora.... You are old enough to know you must be careful."

"Yes, I know... Both man and gods and their treachery," she went on, dipping her long red braid of hair into the water before beginning to scrub.

"I dont think you know... You were fooled this once. What if another appeared?"

Sighing impatiently, she turned to her mother with a look.
"Then I shall have to drink more piss water, won't I?"

Her mother's glare deepened.
"This is no joke, Sahlora... If the Gods try something...."

She had enough of this and stood up in her bath
"If the Gods come, let them! I shall cut myself and slay them with my blood."

Rhizhra eyed her daughter.

"Do not be so brash, foolish child Finish your bath and get to bed. You'll have a lot of spiders to eat come morning."

Lion

He waited for her to sleep.  And when she was alone, in peace, only then would he come to her in her dreams.  Whatever potion her mother had given her, it had a warded power, but not one that Ghanon wasn't willing to suffer through.  Not when there was a shard at stake, a power to behold.

"Sah-lora," a voice gently whispered in her mind.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora tossed and turned at the voice, and tried to command it away, curling up more snuggly beneath the meager blanket she slept beneath.

Lion

"Sah-lora," he voice murmured from within her dreams once more.  "Open your eyes not from without, but from within."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"From within?" she didn't understand, but somehow she just knew, and found herself awakening in the dreaming world. She sat up, the world being strange, visual- incomplete, but something,s he noticed, moved in the darkness.

"Is somebody there?" she called out, feeling as though she had moved to stand, but it was hard to tell, as she had no feelings here, no connection.

Lion

She would feel something somewhat familiar, a hand reaching out to grasp hers.  It was almost ghostly in its touch, but found firm when the contact connected with her skin.  "See, it's easy," he murmured, and Ghanon materialized beside her, securing her easily into her dream state self.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn