Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Spider

Started by visualspice, August 18, 2013, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Sah-lora kept quiet, even long after Ghanon posed his question as green eyes scouted the room again when another strong breeze came through. ANd with her eyes still cemented to the ceiling, she said, "Rizhra might have gone to look for you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Well, then we can wait until she comes back.  In the meantime, don't you think it'd be prudent for you to show me around your home?" he murmured with a sly grin.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sah-lora blinked at such a comment. She was not familiar with the custom.
"But we are already in my home."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Indeed we are," Ghanon gave her a smile.  "But I'd like to know more about it.  Tell me.  How did it come to be yours and your mothers?  Why do you live so isolated from others?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sah-lora gave a curious tilt of her head at the phrasing.
"We are cursed to live here. We can not leave. It is the Gods who wish us to stay here in the swamps- out of fear and pride. So my mother choose to build this as our home. Everything you see here is hers. I just help her to maintain it."

Lion

"Then I suppose that's as much as there is to learn about this place.  But it does spring rather curious questions," Ghanon muttered, holding his hands behind his back and stepping throughout the small cabin.  "Why are you exiled so?  Do the gods know of your work here?  To slay them that is?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora gave a curious tilt of her head.
"I do not know the affairs of Gods, but they do know we dwell here. I did mention they were the ones who imprisoned us, after all."
And she turned away, smirking as she did so as she moved to tend to the fire, her green eyes peering into the bubbling cauldron.

"Odd.. Rizhra left the pot to boil..."
And at a scratch at the window had her whirling around- but nothing was there.

Lion

"How...how do you know that you are safe from the beasts outside of this house?  How can you trust the frailty of wooden walls and glass panes?" Ghanon asked with a grim expression.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The woman frowned.
"I've lived here many moons, in fact.. this is the place I've grown up. Not once have they come for me here. This place is sacred. We mark it, and conduct rituals to keep these animals at bay. It is how we live in peace in such a place." And there really was no other way, though another seemingly intentional scratch at the side of the house again gave her more reasons to frown, as a chill ran through her and she heard a few crunching foot steps outside.

Lion

"Why do they live here?  Where do they come from?  Why do they hound you?" Ghanon asked with furrowed brows.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Before Sah-lora could answer him, there was a scraping at the door. She whirled around, but the second her eyes were taken away from the wall with the window, the window cracked, then shattered, and a gust of wind howled through the cabin, snuffing all the candles out.

Andnow their bodies were only illuminated by the glow of orange fire beneath the cauldron as Sah-lora felt herself swallowing back her heart that had leaped within her throat.

"By the devils.... they're here."

Lion

Ghanon too turned around, putting his arms up to shield his eyes from the gust - though it wasn't really necessary.  His hair ruffled and the light fluttered outward.  The light that flickered from the fireplace was not quite as sufficient as it otherwise should have been to tear through the darkness on the other side of the door.  But regardless, Ghanon swore there were eyes staring back at him.

He only looked at Sah-lora for a second, breathing out his question.  "Who is here?"  But before an answer could be heard, shadow began to leak out onto the floor like thick ink, bleeding into the cauldron's light and steaming up as it went.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She was ignorant to the mass on the floor, her eyes wide and glued upon the broken window. And when she had the time to tear her eyes away from it, she took a hold on Ganon's hand and exclaimed, "We must fix the window! Before they find a way to get in!"

Frantically she moved about the small cabin, gathering up whatever pieces of thin fire wood she could to be used to nail over the window. And she gestured towards a work bench in the back, where he might find some tools- a hammer and some nails, to help her.

"Bring those here! Quickly! We can not let them in!" For whatever it was, it had her so terrified she could have pissed herself, and her skin was so deathly pale, she seemed to glow like the moon as she moved swiftly through the cabin.

Lion

The moment was beyond his comprehension in Salora's sudden agitation.  The mass on the floor didn't even seem to catch her attention and the darkness surrounding the cabin was congealing in bloody ink.  Ghanon moved swiftly, summoning the proper tools to his grip and slamming the nails into the wood with powerful precision.  The mass was congealing quickly as they attempted to mend the windows.

Ghanon suddenly reached out and pulled Salora back, yanking her from the close proximity as the shadowed being's form manifested completely and lashed out at both of them with black spikes that stuck into the walls.  "What the hell is that!?" he shouted as he shook her to attention.  His eyes widened, surprised and defensive, and he felt his own hands heat up with the power of his magic.  The runes on his gauntlets began to glow as he charged his hands and expelled growing energy outward, shielding themselves from another onslaught of shadowed spikes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora remained plastered against Ghanon's side, staring at the black thing in awe. She was afraid but also mesmerized by it, and though it seemed to attack them as some amorphic shape, it soon was growling, as if a leopard, and it moved as swiftly as one as it's form bubbled and boiled around them, moving like nothing she had seen before as it attempted to strike at the pair again.

Lion

Ghanon clutched Sah-lor tightly to him and when the shadow lunged upon them, he suddenly spirited them away, far from the cabin, lost in the middle of the swamp.  Ghanon opened his eyes, as they fell through the quickly-closing portal and quickly picked himself up.  He pulled her with him, knowing the wilds around them were alive with hunger.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora's heart was in her throat- for one second she was within her cabin, and the next- thigh high and falling over into the murky waters of the swamp. It was so black out that night,t he clouds above snuffing out the moon light as she groped around, but found herself soon stabilized as Ghanon jerked her out of the waters.

"Those things.. they come for us. Even out here, in the swamp," she went on, panting as she clutched at his side. She shook her head. "No where we are safe. They crave our blood, the blood of gods.'

Lion

Ghanon peered all around him, his eyes igniting the night and he peered down at her.  He held her by the arm and pulled her along the mudded side, where tree roots stuck out as an elevated perch.  "Bull shit!" he growled.  "Where is your mother!?  You said she could help us!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I... I don't know!" she shrieked, stumbling as she was pulled along. "She was supposed to be at our home!"

Lion

"Can't you sense her or have some way of finding her?" he asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: