Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Spider

Started by visualspice, August 18, 2013, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: omg I'm the same way sometimes. It's like.. 'oh right, they can do THIS'

If there ever was a time to be afraid, it was clearly right now, for though she feared the creatures of the swamp, she had never seen one. There was a difference between fearing the legend to keep away, and then awakening to its truthful nightmare. And though she hadn't a clue as to what to do, frozen stock still in it's clutches, the orbs of power suddenly shooting her way knocked her out of her shock and soon she was writhing and reaching for her bone knife on her side.

But once she was able to get it free, the creature that held her let out a wail, having been hit and suddenly, it shot down into the swamps, aiming to bring Sah-lora clean with it! And just as it nearly disappeared beneath the murky waters, Sah-lora managed to get a hand free,a nd reached up into the night, hoping desperately to grab or reach onto something to salvage her from whatever fate lay beneath the swamp.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

It was a walking tree, that Ghanon could see as it splashed down into the murky swamp.  He watched as Sah-lora was sinking down with it.  He surged his body downward, arms clamoring around her and swooping back up through the air, narrowly avoiding several trees.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The muck bogged her down, but thankfully the force that pulled her was strong, and after a moment of wondering if her arm was going to get pulled out from it's socket, she suddenly felt herself give way and into the air she went- cool and inviting as she gasped for air.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Ghanon looked at her from the corner of his eye as they flew along.  "Your mother is a bit grumpy isn't she?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sah-lora remained clinging onto him, fearful to let go. But after a moment, she finally looked down, and was completely awe struck by the moving world beneath them. It was as if she hadn't even heard his question, but when it registered, she found herself asking, "What do you mean?'

Lion

"You said she would help us and yet she tried to kill us. What's her problem?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Can you blame her? This swamp is sacred to us. It's all we have." She tilted her head as she studied him. "And you... you have a god like feel to you... I'm sure all my mother can do is see red."

Lion

At that Ghanon actually laughed and set them both down upon a hill that rose up out of the swampy ground.  At least the footing was dry enough to not slip back in.  "I know a man like that," he replied with a small smile. "And I can understand why your mother responded the way she did. You are all she has."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora blinked. She didn't understand the laughter.
"And what of this man?"

Lion

"Nothing of him.  I just know a man like that.  There is nothing ore to add in that regard," Ghanon shrugged nonchalantly.  "When will it be safe to return you to your mother?  Will she cool her temper in a few minutes?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"In a few minutes? I can not say, but it doesn't seem likely."
She frowned.
"It is not safe here,"s he added, her voice lowered. "The creatures will smell us. And they will seek to eat our blood."

Lion

"Perhaps.  But if we go back to your mother, will our fate - or more specifically mine- be any better?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I can not say. My mother can be as unpredictable as the winds. Though if she believes I have been tainted..... I am not sure even I would be safe." She studied him. "She thinks you're a God."
And gods were the enemy.

Lion

Ghanon set them down and let his hand linger under her chin.  "What do you think I am?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She peered up at him- curious, but unafraid.
"I am unsure..." She continued to study his face, a hand ghosting across his cheek. "I see power... sense it. A power beyond all reasoning." Her eyes met to his as she continued to look into his face. "And from what you've shown me.... I wouldn't be surprised if my mother was right."

Lion

"Well you know what they say.  With great power comes a damn good time," he chuckled.  "Let's try your mother again.  Maybe you should do the introductions this time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"A time? A good time, but of what?" she knew not his phrasing.

Lion

"Don't worry about it.  I'll explain it to you later.  Let's not linger in the dark anymore.  This swamp is giving me the creeps.  Let's go find your mother."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora frowned. But she agreed indefinitely with the suggestion.
"To the east is our home. If we follow the foot path just North of here, it shouldn't take us more than half an hour to get there."
And that made her recall just how quickly they managed to get to this spot as she observed Ghannon again in silence.

"Will you show me more of your powers?" she knew now might not be hte best time to ask, but for all she knew, Rhizra wouldn't let there be a second time.

Lion

Ghanon looked on in the direction she indicated and it wasn't long before they took off again.  He hadn't missed her request to see more of his gifts, but all he did was give her a smile and nodded.  "I think I can make some time for that," he chuckled and continued onward until he saw something that resembled an abode below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn