Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Justice Wears a Clever Disguise! (Spice!)

Started by Ivory, September 09, 2013, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

"Mine doesn't," Audric reminded him.  "Mine starts with you."

He flashed the other man a grin.  "You know, Cai, you don't have to tell me anything."  His hand fell heavily on Cai's shoulder in a friendly gesture of camaraderie.  "If I'm prying too much, it's okay to tell me to shut the hell up, you know."

visualspice

Leif yanked his shoulder away.
"You know, you're probably just as crazy as I am," he growled.
"Come on. No more fooling around." And as he began to descend the stairs he peered up at him. "And you're sure the corpse is secure?"
That's the last thing they'd need..
The corpse somehow following them.
Well, more or less 'giving them away' prematurely.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"You're not afraid it's going to escape, are you?" he wondered, looking amused.  He wasn't offended at all when Cai pulled away!  He was moody -- and that was okay!  "You're the one who killed him, after all."

visualspice

Leif just shot the other man a look and continued down the way in relative silence. Once they made it to the ground level, Leif peeked out from behind the door. When he felt the coast was clear, he gestured for Audric to follow him out into the hall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

There seemed to be not a soul in sight as they made their way over to the hidden door.  This time, it took them less time to find the switch to pop open the doorway.  Once it swung open, they descended, again, into the bowels below.

Compared to the noise of before, the dungeon was eerily silent.  Torches continued to burn along the walls, as though simply waiting for their masters to return in need of them.

"I think it's even creepier this time," Audric murmured softly.

visualspice

Leif silently agreed with a snort.
"It's like the after math of war."
Not that Leif knew, but he read enough about it-a nd new the silence after torture.. and death.

As they crept their way along the walls he noticed something they hadn't seen before-
Anther door.. this one unlocked, which didn't look like the others..
and this door lead down even further into the bowels of the church.

He wasn't sure why he decided to try it, but something drew him down those narrowed steps as he continued deeper down the rabbit hole.

Ivory

"Yes," Audric agreed softly.  The image did not sit well in his mind, even less so than the silence had.

He followed Cai further down, feeling more and more uneasy as he did so.  "How far does this go?" he asked out loud, knowing, of course, that Cai wouldn't have the answer.  And how long had this been going on for?

visualspice

Leif only held up a hand to request silence, and they continued further down, and as they did so, he was surprised to find himself in a massive, open basement, with a few still statues off in the corner. And as his eyes observed, he realzied, they weren't statues.. and the closer he went, he realized that these were bodies.
And even closer...
dead bodies.

Rearing back, Leif looked desperately around the room. There were stone beds all along the floor, a stone and glass saint marking on the floor. ANd chains, lots of chains.
And cages.

A chill ran up his spine at the sight.
There were devices all around, clearly meant to strike the devil out.
Real devices... meant for torture.

Leif slowly backed away when something moved. He could have leaped out of his skin as a hand fell out from beneath the blanket laying upon a stone bed. He held his breath, and a second later, he saw the clothe move.

Ivory

Audric had seen a lot of awful things in his time, but nothing could have prepared him for this.  All mirth left his expression as he surveyed the room, his expression becoming stony and angry as he took in all of the death.

And the torture.

"These people deserve a proper burial."  He said it knowing they would not get one...  "And justice."  Now he sort of wished they had just killed everyone...

visualspice

For a moment, Leif was still frozen in panic, but curiosity got the better of him. Soon his dark boots were carrying him across the room, but not without a dagger in hand. And as he stared down at the clothe over the stone bed, he thought he heard a woman's groan.

Whoever it was beneath there was still alive. And he wasn't sure what posessed him, but his hand struck out suddenly as he yanked the clothe blanket aside-
and stared in utter shock to find a woman, ghostly pale, with long, disheveled hair, arms chained down and body all marked over with symbols of the church- as if she had been cut or burned...

and the woman flinched, and he swore he felt that flinch too, just before her green eyes lifted to his.

He dropped his knife. By the Gods... he recognized that face.

It was his sister.
His sister was still alive.

Ivory

It was the sound of his weapon hitting the floor that got Audric's attention.  He spun, his hand falling to his own sword, certain he would find them staring at an armed battalion, but...

...But, instead, there was only Leif.  And a girl.

"She's still alive," he breathed, at once striding over with long, purposeful steps.  "Cai, your lockpicks."

That was something only he could do...

Reaching for the cloth, Audric tucked it gently back around her to hide some of her exposed body as he looked down at her in worry.  "Hush, now.  You're going to be alright."

visualspice

Her eyes were swimming, she could barely see beyond the light them from a few fat wax candles encircling her upon the floor. But at the voice, so soft and tender, her green eyes turned from the strange, masked man to another. And she saw right up his hood unto his face. To handsome eyes, to a handsome smile.

Her lips curled, but only a little, for it was just about the only thing she could do.

Leif, too much in shock to obey, found himself only staring, before reality hit him like a ton of bricks.
The church would pay. So help him, he'd go up into the realmof the Gods and strangle Angsar himself for this.

Throwing out his arm, he opened up a small compartment and began to fuss around with a few small pieces of wire, and moved over towards her and began to pick each lock on each cuff. THen, once hse was safe, he stood back to study her, eyes still wide.

Fuck. What was he to do with her? How were they to get her out?

Ivory

Audric remained patiently beside her as Cai went about his work.  "We'll get you out of here."

But how?

"Cai," he began, keeping his voice in a calm, level tone.  With any luck, she wasn't conscious enough to understand him -- but a soothing tone, even expressing something like this -- could work wonders.  "Once you're done, I need you to go up the stairs ahead of me.  We're going to need those horses."

visualspice

Audric's calm voice was something he needed in that moment. He thought he was going to blow his top. ANd he wouldn't leave his sister in this condition alone with anybody else.
"Consider the horses ours," his voice came out darkly. Assuming Audric was strong enough to carry her, Leif prepared a knife and stalked his way back towards the stairs.

Oh yes.. the church would pay.

Ivory

Audric nodded slightly and, after tucking the sheet more closely around the girl, he gently lifted her, bridal-style, into his arms.

"Alright, dear one, here we go.  We're going upstairs, and then we're going for a little ride.  And then, when you wake up, you'll never have to think about this ever again."

He moved carefully and gently, taking care not to bump into anything or to jolt the poor girl too much.  She had already been through too much already...and he knew that, although Leif would hurry, he could afford to take his time.

But woe be to any who stumbled into his path; he was not in the mood to be merciful, just now.

visualspice

Attalia felt his strong arms go around her, so warm and protective as he held her close. She hadn't realized she was cold, or not even dressed, until she began to tremble. Her lips, nearly purple in color, began to vibrate along with the chattering of her teeth. And she had not even the strength to wrap her arms around Audric as he held her. SHe simply was just there, in his arms, long hair flowing like a veil over his shoulder, and fluttered lightly behind them as he walked, the clothe of her temporary clothing scraping against the floor.

And as he held her, she stared up at him, to the only thing she could find comfort in. His face. A gentle face.
Her rescuer. Her hero.
ANd he promised her light. He promised her salvation.
He promised to take her away from the bowels of this church.

And as she looked at him, eyes pale, eyes green; tears began to shine across them, as a soft sob escaped her lips.

Ivory

"No tears now," Audric said with a gentle smile, looking down into the poor girl's face.  "Tears don't belong on a face so pretty."

They were on the first level now, still below the church but moving steadily towards the church above and the exit.

At the base of the stairs, however, he paused.  There was a commotion upstairs.  It didn't sound like fighting, but...

"We're almost there."

visualspice

Audric was right. It wasn't fighting. Leif's job had been too easy. ANd he had found oil. Lots of it. And when he'd make it to th eone level, he'd see Leif spilling it in the hallway of the church.

Upon seeing Audric reach the top of the final flight of stairs, he dropped the last pot of oil and looked back at him.

"I hope this fucking church burns to the ground." He growled, not realizing what sort of consequences this could mean to the other 'prisoners'... if any were still alive.

Ivory

Audric opened his mouth and shut it again with a slight shake of his head.  "I have to say, I'm having a hard time convincing myself not to let you do it."

He should stop him.  He knew that.  For religious reasons, for tactical reasons, for Calenty reasons...

But, right now, he couldn't make himself care.

"Are the horses out front?"

visualspice

Leif stared at the sconces on the wall. THeir flames lapping wicked colors across the walls. And after a moment he finally answered quietly.
"Yes."

And he couldn't look at him. He couldn't look at his sister. He needed them out of the way. He needed to do this. He had to let the church know...
they would pay.