Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night Life [ Closed: DaGlobster and Brisinger]

Started by Winters-Feather, November 21, 2013, 12:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

Merchant season was reaching its peak at the islands. It was the best time of year for Keeth. The strangest of creatures from all across the world somehow ended up on those cumbersome ships and  brought all sorts of things with them. Normally, she wouldn't care much- she learned that many of the things two leggers used were utterly useless under the sea- Keeth still remained fascinated. Still, two things she found the most valuable were their jewels and songs. So, Keeth listened. This particularly night she hung by the harbor, hiding by the starboard side of a ship as on deck a rowdy party formed. She could smell something foul from on top deck- fire water, some called it it. It made men act silly and sing horribly off key. However, it was a beautiful night with nothing else much to do, so Keeth hanged around, trying to catch whiffs of melodies that came from the singers and fiddlers.

I hope a fight breaks out, she thought, her fingertips pressing against the wood. Those were sometimes exciting to watch.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik meandered throughout the gathering . There was much sweet intelligence here, but most of it was diluted by human liquor. Such a shame. The tall, hooded Ilithid moved throughout the crowd, the only aspects of his physiology that were visible were his hands, and the two facial tentacles that were much longer than the rest. In one of the tentacles, was a drink, but Kruz had no real desire to drink it. He made his way towards the starboard side, intent on leaning onto the railing. He was stopped midway by a drunken woman, who stumbled onto his chest. The tentacle that wasn't holding the drink waved over her face, and he pushed her out of his way. "There is nothing I can learn from you..." He said in his impossibly smooth, melodic voice. The woman pouted and stumbled off, and Kruz finally made it to the wooden railing. He placed his webbed, clawed hands on it, and swished the drink around in the tentacle holding it. He took the drink up in both tentacles, and raised it up to his mouth under his hood. The lamprey like opening spread apart, and exposed his beak, which opened up to receive the drink. He downed it, and left the mug on the railing. He moved his hood back a bit so he could look out onto the horizon, his full array of facial tentacles writhing together.

He projected his mind outwards, reaching out towards any intelligences that weren't intoxicated with a mental siren's song, a flowing, haunting melody that scratched at the back of the psyche, composed of notes too smooth and too alien to even describe.

Brisinger987

Vex'orec despised this human "alcohol". It was nothing but a poxy method of losing one's dignity through the trivial task of drinking something. Then one of the humans decided to pick a fight with Vex'orec and a few chirps and a large snapping sound later, Vex'orec broke the humans arm, and threw him overboard.

Then he spotted the mermaid, and took flight, his four wings beating rapidly as he descended beside her.

"You. Name yourself, eavesdropper." Vex'orec was about to crack his knuckles when he heard the psychic song, and decided that two conversations were possible as of this moment.

"Reveal yourself, psyker."

DaGlobster

(OOC: Sorry for the late post, but I was waiting for Winters)

Kruz'Iik stood straight up when the psychic reply came in from his call, the Ilithid equivalent of a smile coming onto his face. He read the message, reached out to whoever had replied, and identified them. An interesting specimen, if anything. A tad brutish looking, but that was all that he could make out. This creature had defenses, so he needed to find it. Fortunately for him,  it appeared that it was right below him, talking to another new creature. Kruz'Iik remained on the balcony but did not look in their direction. He remained staring out at the night, his facial tentacles slithering around on his face save for the two longer ones, which wrapped themselves around the railing. The array of shorter facial tentacles began to wave rhythmically as he projected a mental message.

"Such intelligence, in such a large space. Tell me, are you always this brutish, or are you in a bad mood?

Winters-Feather

Ooc: please wait a little longer next time. ^^; um i dont mind if you get impatient this week cuz ill be outta town but yeah...
Ic:
       Loud noises errupted from the ship. A fight was in the mist of heat. Then, a large shadow carrying a wailinfigure stood by the rails. Keeth drew herself straighter to observe the figure. Such a strange sight shes never seen before! He was carrying a man.... keeth dove into the waters, flashing her teeth as the man went overboard.

His arm hung limp by his side, his head rolled back in unconciouaness. An easy meal. Keeths strong arms curled from under his shoulders. She drew her head back, disgustedd at first by his smell. She couldnt be that picky though.

Her narrow white eyess blinked at the voice. Whered it come from? She looked around underwater and saw nothing. With her prey in hand she poked her headvout of the water to find the ugly creature drom before staring at her harshly. She hissed at him moving back. She Looked Around Wildly When She Heard The Voice Again. Arrogant. How Dare They?

Brisinger987

Vex'orec kept himself aloft with his wings, his three left eyes looking at the mermaid, the three right ones staring at the cephalopod above him.

"You look disgusted, madame mermaid?" Vex'orec snarled at the mermaid, keeping his head perfectly level, so as to observe both rather odd creatures equally.

"Our mermaid friend seems to have found some prey. I'm not in a good mood. If she refuses to talk, I will simply take her prey away." Vex'orec could not see an suspicious people, other than the rather out of place octopus man, so he had assumed the octopus man and the psyker were one and the same quite quickly.

"Madame, it is simple, if the man is going to cause a problem, and distract you from discussion, then I will simply remove the distraction." Vex'orec clicked and chirped after spoke, the noises alien and strange.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik's eyes narrowed at the insectoid he was observing, but his mind said otherwise. "do let the lady finish her meal, brute. After all, one must show civility in the presence of one." his voice said as it melodically echoed throughout the minds of the two creatures in front of him. Kruz's telepathic voice was smooth and soothing, and made the hearer feel like someone was gently stroking their forehead. He deftly leaped over the railing, and to meet him, a rectangular pillar of water shot upwards to absorb his landing. He landed on top of the pillar as if it was solid, and it lowered itself down until the platform was slightly above water level. His tentacles waved rhythmically, and the water platform moved itself until he had come up to Vex and Keeth. "There are many things you don't understand, insect. You have a mental presence about as large as the creatures you resemble." His voice purred out in smooth tones. It was obvious these sounds weren't being created by his mouth, but rather they were being projected audibly. Ilithids had no spoken language, after all. "you don't feel as imposing when others are rude to you, do you?" he continued in Vex's cranium, the voice dancing around on the contours of the inner shell in Vex's head.

Winters-Feather

"I wasnt aware we were having a discussion," keeth replied. She hadd her charming moments,  but the... creature, whatever he was, invoked her cattiness with his rude intoduction. Shenearly jumped out of the water when the new creature showed up, coming down with a pillor of Water.
"Magic," she said.
Keeth rolled her eyes as he commented on her sailor.
"What are you two?" She asked, interrupting what looked like a "my tail is bigger than yours" competition. They were kind of creeping her out.
Just then her sailor started to wail.
"Just die!" she said frustrated. With one swift moment she broke his neck.

"Whats that noise?" A sailor on deck cried.
Keeth scowled.
"Beautiful," she huffed.

Brisinger987

Just as Vex'orec was about to speak, a throwing knife hit him on the head, and simply bounced off, into the water. Then two more krixek walked up behind the man, and a blue glow enveloped the human, before some of his internal organs shut down, and he slumped over the balcony, before the two krixek carried the corpse away.

"Heart and lung failure, simply gorgeous way to die, don't you agree?" Vex'orec could feel his mind flashing warnings about the Illithid, and the mermaid.

"Not as simplistic as merely devouring their mind though, Illithid. My intelligence seems small because it was instilled in me at birth. Just as my 18 comrades were too. All instilled with the knowledge to kill and conquer at birth." He was addressing Kruz'Iik right now, before he addressed the mermaid.

"And madame mermaid I am a Krixek. Our friend here, is an Illithid. Oh yes, we have heard of your kind. Both of you. My name is Vex'orec."

DaGlobster

"Magic...such a primitive practice." Kruz'Iik said, looking off into the distance. He directed an eye to look at the human being killed, and shook his head. "Your people always did lack subtlety." He said mournfully,  and redirected his gaze at Keeth. "I'm afraid I must apologize on behalf of this primitive. no matter how well-learned he might be, it seems he wasn't "born" with manners." Kruz said and offered a leathery, webbed hand. "I am known as Kruz'Iik B'Ahl'Ok. May I have the pleasure of knowing your name, daughter of the sea?" He softly said, the tips of his facial tentacles turning a faint shade of yellow. "we should leave the area..." he mentally said to Vex.

Winters-Feather

Keeth gasped in wonder as two more of the  large insects killed men on the deck. She thought the body would hit the water, but they simply carted his body away.
Where did they come from, she thought, both in awe and disgust. They were so ugly. It was almost more interesting then the two strangers practically fighting for her attention. The names themselves, too, were ugly, but so wonderfully strange. She wanted to know these creatures better.

"You may," Keeth quickly responded to Kruz'Iik's question. She tightened her grip around her dinner as she straightened her back to appear taller. She turned towards Vex'orec.
"I'm Keeth of the Tiger Clan," she responded before looking curiously at Vex.
"So you are a primitive, then?" She asked eagerly. "So the magic instilled-"
Just then, more voices on deck were growing louder, and the loud noise of a gun disturbed the night. Keeth tisked.
"Follow me," she ordered.

Her hair and attena brightened as she went under the water with the sailor still in tow. She darted through the waters away from the port, towards the open sea. She'd take a sharp left towards a small and secluded rocky area where Vex and Kruz'Iik would be able to land.

Brisinger987

Vex felt the pain of one of his kind die, and immediately flew up to the ship, commencing a massacre of the humans on the ship, killing every last one, before flying over to join the two people on the rock. His carapace wasn't even dented, and he walked like he hadn't moved since they left.

"Human scum... Murdering my kind... They had to pay by example..." Vex'orec's voice seethed with rage and his eyes glowed brightly in the darkness.

"Make note of that. After one death, we killed a boat full of 42 men and women in 48 seconds. Now tell me I'm primitive." Vex'orec folded his arms, focusing again on the two beings with three eyes to an individual.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik followed Keeth by standing on his solid pedestal of water and steering it to follow her. He came across the rocky outcroppings, and stepped off of his rectangle. He considered something while standing on the rocks, and decided to do something unorthodox for his kind. He lowered himself halfway into the water, making a pleasant sounding purr as he did so. His skin flared up pink, and the tips of his tentacles started switching between the pink and a nice shade of blue. He watched Vex go and slaughter the entire boat full of people, and when he came back he clapped in a sort of unimpressed way. "Congratulations, you proved you're not primitive by slaughtering a boat full of humans who acted in self-defense. Truly, us Ilithids are marveled by your advances in social progress." He projected sarcastically.

He raised a hand towards the boat, and the boat blurred out before disappearing entirely, as if it had never existed. "At least now there won't be people screaming about a boat loaded with a less than lively cargo." He said, and turned his attention to Keeth. "So, what brought you here this night? The melodies in the air?" He said as his robe seemed to compress itself to fit his form, outlining his spindly yet muscular frame. It was about a quarter the mass of Vex's, but infinitely more advanced in its  biology.

Winters-Feather

From the rocks did Keeth watch the  the massacre. Unable to wait much longer, she propped the dead sailor against the rock and began to remove his vest and tunic. While she worked, she tore off half his neck and chewed on the meat thoughtfully. At Vex's return she only shrugged and tossed the clothing on the rocks.
"Less primitive, more stupid," she said between mouthfuls. "Now the whole dock will be after your kind."

Keeth took another bite of her food and shrugged again at Kruz'Iik's questions. She noticed his magic trick, but wasn't much impressed by it, either.
Great, she thought. Now the whole city would be in a panic. Keeth wondered if she should just ditch the bickering duo. They've caused nothing but trouble and all SHE wanted was something to get her through the next two weeks or so.
"I was just bored. It's something to do," the mermaid muttered, oblivious to the blood on her chin. "So what's up with you two? You're clearly not from around here."

Her white eyes flashed back towards the insect creature.
"And you," she said as she licked some blood off of her lips.
"You still haven't answered my question. Intelligence injected? What's 'injected'?"

Brisinger987

"I was here hunting someone. No longer. They were in the crowd of that ship, and now they are dead regardless. I will be paid for the head, which my men are collecting. My kind will leave for our camp, which is well protected, and I will follow when I feel ready." Vex wasn't worried about getting hunted. They would fight more if necessary.

He found the Ilithid's trick fascinating. "Interesting... That would be useful..." Vex then turned his attention back to Keeth, speaking directly to her.

"We are born with intelligence implanted directly into our brains by the plants we hatch from. We know history, speech, everything from birth. We know how to survive, and how to hunt, how to kill, how to make fire, how to build shelter. We can survive alone easily at birth. We have no family, simply our kind. To us there is no difference." Vex'orec didn't know his parents, and he wouldn't know any children of his.

Tags: