Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Packs are Nothing but Trouble (Nova)

Started by wolfie, December 10, 2013, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

The forest was everything she thought it would be. Well almost. She had heard two things that she hadn't come across yet. First was the plentiful of food. It seemed that was indeed a rumor. The second she planned to ignore as she wasn't sure she wanted to be part of another pack.

It seemed though that she might not have any choice on that matter. She had a bad feeling they would find her. Amaris wasn't sure what she would do if that happened. She was good on her own having not to worry about following orders. She liked that. She was about to pounce on something when she stopped short. This didn't smell right.

Whose there? She thought sending it out and around. She didn't want to spook her prey, but she also didn't want to be a target if she could help it.

Scythe-Nova

Iron had decided to take a nap bacause of the hunting she had done earlier on the day and thus she had picked a place inside a thicket that she had cleared out so she would fit into it better, But as she felt herself drift off to sleep she heard something inside of her head. She opened her eyes and took a slight sniff to recognize the smell of a wolf in the vicinity.

-"Beast in Iron is my given name."

She said as she rose from the bushes and taking some lumbering steps outside to reveal herself before looking around for the source of that voice, Not that she knew where it had come from since the voice had been directly in her head. Though she did not worry too much as she knew that her fur would protect her against most things bent on attacking her.

wolfie

Nice to meet you. I'm Amaris. She thought not sure she liked running into another wolf. It wasn't long before this wolf had stood up and was looking around. She came into view hoping this wolf wouldn't try and pounce her. Last thing she needed was to be in the mud and muck.

Is it just you out here? She asked not wanting to have found the pack so quickly. It was easier this way, and she liked easy. She stood there not making any moves. She didn't want to cause any trouble.

Scythe-Nova

Iron's eyes gazed upon the new wolf that seemingly talked through the mind and looked at her with a tired look, She shook off the stuff that had stuck to her fur and then turned towards the other wolf.

-"I don't know, I'm quite new to these woods... though there is to be a pack forming sometime this moon"

She said as she walked up the the other wolf with heavy tired "pawsteps" (OOC: XD) and looked Amaris over with a studying gaze before letting her guard down completely and took on a more relaxed pose.

wolfie

Amaris watched this other wolf. It seemed Iron was tired although not too tired to shake out their fur. She stayed back not wanting any of that in her fur. She noted that this one talked to her before coming closer. She figured this wolf was just trying to be wise.

Ah thanks for that information. I'll want to get out of dodge before that happens. How long have you been in these woods? She thought just shooting the breeze. She noted when Iron seemed more relaxed. She too relaxed her pose as well. It would seem neither would be attacking, although Amaris stayed ready just in case. One could never be too careful.

Scythe-Nova

-"About one moon"

She answered as she flicked her tail to get rid of the last debris that had gotten stuck on it, Her eyes focused on Amaris and seemed to study her silently.

-"Why would you want to get away from the pack forming?"

She asked and looked at Amaris with a strange gaze as she sat down in front of her, Iron could not think of any reason to avoid the forming of a new pack. It would be a great oppurtunity to establish oneself within a pack at it's start and make sure that you had a good standing in the pack.

wolfie

Do you like it here? She asked and sat down relaxing some more. It was better than just standing around conversing with another wolf. Besides it never hurt to put her paws up. She heard the question and sighed.

I've learned being a lone wolf is better. The less you have a pack the less you are likely to have them taken from you. She answered not giving any details. She didn't even want to relive that day let alone tell another about it.

Amaris watched this one not sure what would happen next.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes this forest has a big bounty of game to hunt, and not much to worry about when sleeping."

Iron explained as looked at the other wolf with a calm expression, She enjoyed talking to other werewolfs without having to use the human form.

-"...Then again there are things you miss out on without a pack..."

She said looking to the side before yawning loudly stretching out her tounge, Iron was still a bit drowsy as it took a while for her to get her blood flowing at a normal rate.

wolfie

I'm glad of that. I'd hate to be on guard all the time. Have you seen this game recently? I've had a little trouble when hunting lately and haven't found anything decent. She thought thinking of the rabbits she had consumed two days ago. She needed more than that to survive.

I haven't seen anything good from a pack. What are these things you talk of? She answered curious what this wolf had seen. She wasn't sure she should share much of being in a pack, or why was she alone out here now of all times. Amaris also yawned not being able to help it. They were contagious after all.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes i got a nice deer this morning, If you're hungry we could go hunt us something large"

Iron said with a confident look in her eyes as she looked at Amaris, She thought it a little wierd for this wolf to not talk with words but with thoughts but she did not mind it that much.

-"A feeling of security, Friend a mate and a good sex life"

Iron said with a toothy grin before looking sllightly to the side, Iron never had a hard time to talk about the sexual aspects of life not even to people she did not know well. This was true when it came to werewolfes though as she thought that human would not understand the meaning of it all, And in most cases they did not understand the open sexuality of the lupus werewolfes.

wolfie

She was about to say something else where her stomach did the talking for her. She sighed hating when it did that. She blushed not sure what to say now. It was evident that she needed to hunt having not eaten much lately.

That would be wonderful. That is if you don't mind. You look ready to take a nap. She said being honest. Amaris didn't want to disrupt Iron in what she was doing. A nap sounded like a good idea too.

I haven't had those in awhile. As for sex life, what in the world? I haven't heard anyone speak openly of this before. Packs cause trouble though better to be travelling alone. Easier sometimes to go places without being really seen.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh don't worry about me, it just takes a bit for me to get up and running after waking up."

Iron said with a slight chuckle before looking to the side and taking a sniff of the air to locate some game to hunt. She turned back to Amaris when she voiced her oppinion about the sex life thing.

-"... Are you perhaps raised like a human?"

She asked and looked at Amaris with a curious expression, Iron did not have anything against human born werewolves but it was often so that they had very diffrent oppinions about things like nudity and sex. It was common among the wolf born werewolves that they would be very open about most things as there was no reason to be embarassed about such things.

wolfie

Amaris listened and was a bit shocked by the question. She hadn't been asked that before. She stayed where she was not sure where to find game. Her nose apparently wasn't as good as she thought it was or she would have smelled the game for herself.

No, I was raised in a pack. I just haven't been part of one in awhile. Running alone seemed to be the best thing when my pack died. I didn't really know any of the other packs, and even when I was in a pack they didn't really talk openly of that. Most were older wolves with only a couple of cubs around. The Alpha refused to have his children around that kind of talk, so everyone obeyed. She explained. She wouldn't say if she was an Alpha child or not. With her family dead too it didn't matter.

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah.. well i guess my former pack was a bit on the open side when concerning that then.."

Iron said and looked to the side looking a bit less tired than before, She shook her head before looking back at Amaris with a friently gaze. She knew that there would be a stag or two not that far from here, they could probably share that if the caught them.

-"Anyways did you want to go get some food?"

She asked and turned to the side still looking at Amaris waiting for her reply.