Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scooby Snacks ( Ivory, Vincent)

Started by Paradox, December 11, 2013, 08:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

((This groovy thread is a part of the Grand Masquerade Ball Event and is open on request. This means that any interested player/party needs to send me a personal message before posting here. Thanks.

We're continuing our story from...Vanilla Pecan Candies

Thread's Theme: Recipe For My Love ))

~

Without further ado , the gang started to leave the veranda and Braxton was quite surprised when he ran into Lady MadArthur again who stood blocking the exit path to the music room. 

"Oh, you're back!" Shit, Brax thought, it didn't seem as though she'd ever gone that far. "Don't you worry, Lord Rodric is still retching! " He said very loudly so the others could hear him. "I really wouldn't go out there again if I were you. It isn't pretty." And without another word to her, Braxton moved back out onto the veranda and joined the two.

"Okay guys. The evil harpy isn't going to let us leave without crowing to Ewe-Ann's mom so, plan B." He went over to the railing and pulled himself over it. He grabbed some vines growing along the palace walls and gave them a sharp tug, "Seems sturdy enough ."

Vincent

"What in Ansgar's name are you-?" Ewan could scarcely believe his eyes! These people were strange, but had he known that one of them was insane he might have thought twice about following them around! His mouth hung open for a moment and then he closed it and shook his head, "Have you lost your mind? You're going to climb down that? Are you even certain that it will hold your weight? If those vines snap and you fall, you'll probably break your back. 'Tis entirely unnecessary. I'll just go speak with the evil har- I mean Lady MacArthur myself. "

With a sigh and a look of determined resoloution on his face, Ewan strode towards the music room where the insufferable woman waited for him and then froze. He immediately turned around and walked right back to where Braxton was. "On second thought,  I don't think a little climbing would hurt anyone. "

ooc: My apologies for skipping my turn. I have time to post now and so I am.

Ivory

(OOC: We have turns?  XD  Anyway, apologies to both of you.  Last week was not a productive week, and I don't think I even logged online over the weekend.  Ugh, my life!)

Cherie looked almost as skeptical as Ewan, but she had very different reasons for doing so.  If anyone was going to manage to kill themselves, it would be her; she was graceful like that!  Oscar, she was sure, could have found his way up and down the vines without any difficulty at all -- but, as far as she knew, anyway, none of them were particularly experienced at scaling buildings like that...

"If these were real wings, I could just glide down..."  Cherie began with a frown, then stopped to consider the possibilities.  Would it be possible to build wings?  Imagine that!  Flying like a bird...

Brax would recognize the expression on her face; if she had her little notebook along, she'd be sketching up a storm right now, trying to figure out how to create such an invention...

Paradox

((Eh sort of ,but not really. I'd say it's more of a post when it makes sense for you and when you can sort of thing! So , no worries!  xD ))

Braxton frowned at the pair of doubting faces, "Oh c'mon, Ewe-ann, stop being such a pansy. You're not a real man if you can't take a little pain." And then he must have been reading Cherie's mind or just knew her too well that he added, "I know that look , Cherie, and there's nothing here you could build a glider with. You're just gonna have to go down the old fashioned way. " 

Having said that, he climbed down. Once at the bottom, he called up to Ewan, "You next, Ewe-ann!" And when Ewan had reached the bottom, Braxton turned to the younger man and muttered, "She's kind of a little clumsy so if she slips or something , be a good little helper and catch her for me, will you? "

Vincent

Ewan's face flushed a dark shade of angered scarlet and he gasped at Braxton's seemingly endless supply of rudeness, "I beg your pardon!?" He was certainly no stranger to being teased like this , however, because his elder brothers did it to him all the time as did other men around his age and older. Ewan was not quite the model soldiering type. He was tall, lanky, awkward and , by his mother's claims, and intellectual. He was also well-mannered and never did anything that would upset order or his parents.

Now, however, was the exception and Ewan found himself sweating bullets as he followed down after the eldest of the two present Treyburns. When Braxton mentioned that his sister was a klutz and asked Ewan to catch her, Ewan looked at the man incredulously and his startled expression flushed scarlet again, "Wh-wh-wha-what!?" Oh merciful Ansgar, he prayed the girl wouldn't fall!   

"Uh. Y-yes. Of c-course. " Ewan would try if there was a call for it, naturally. It would have been dreadful to let anyone fall from such a height! "But I doubt that will happen. I'm sure she'll be quite alright. "

Ivory

Cherie made a face of disappointment in response to her brother's words, but she seemed none the worse for it.  He was right, after all -- there was nothing here that she could even begin to use...

Once the two men had descended, she paced back and forth in front of the railing thoughtfully.  Yes, this should certainly be doable...especially if it had already held Brax's weight prior to Ewan's!

"Incoming!" she called, dropping the shoes down before her cheerfully.  Couldn't leave those behind...  Her mother would kill her!

Swinging over the railing, she took hold of the vines as the men had done and began a much slower descent.

"Everybody else is going to be real sad they didn't get to do this!" she announced cheerfully as she made her way down the wall.  "Except Dahlia, obviously.  She'd probably be horrified!"  The thought made her giggle a bit.  "Well, and Oscar.  He'd probably want to go up, not down!  Do we have vines like thi--"  She stopped mid-sentence, freezing like a deer sensing danger.

She was still about nine feet from the ground -- and, though not a terrible fall, it would likely leave some bruises if she went over...and she could feel the vines starting to give a bit...

"Brax, I think..."

The vines suddenly came loose with a dramatic tearing sound, flinging the girl into the air!

(OOC: lawls, I'll let you two decide how this ends!)

Paradox

"Cherie, less chatter and faster climbing!" Braxton called up to his little sister, " By the time you get down here, I swear to Ansgar that I'll be fifty! " Knowing Cherie, if she had her way, she'd probably stop to talk to whatever bugs were crawling along the vines or daydream about what it would be like to be that tiny or have wings. And THEN she would probably start mentally designing some crazy contraption in her head which she'd probably be insane enough to attempt building when they got home. Hopefully, the next time she did this, she didn't convince some poor fool to be her test driver. Poor , poor Ethen! He'd fallen out of a tree and broken a wrist once all in the name of science!

He glanced over his shoulder at Ewan who couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of her. He smirked and elbowed the kid in the ribs, "Enjoying the view, are ya?  Stop peeking up my sister's dress, Ewan!"  His voice was raised purposefully to draw attention and to torment the poor kid.

A elderly couple of minor nobles passing by arm in arm paused to stare at Ewan Rodric for a brief moment, their expressions absolutely appalled. They were far too busy giving the poor boy dirty glares that they failed to notice Cherie scaling down the wall!  Before Ewan could even open his mouth to utter a word, the woman snorted indignantly at him and the disgusted , nameless noble pair were on their way.

Brax was almost tempted to climb up there himself and go get her when he noticed that Cherie had stopped quite suddenly, "What's wrong? " And as if to answer his question, the vines Cherie clung to snapped and his sister was airborne!

"Shit! Catch her, Ewan, or I'm telling your mother that you ran away from Lady MacArthur!" Oh snap!

((So terrible. lolol))

Vincent

Wisely, Ewan sidestepped left and avoided being smacked in the face by Cherie's falling shoes. Ewan could not indeed let his eyes leave Miss Treyburn , but it was hardly for any reason that Braxton was about to insinuate. Although he kept trying to tell himself that the girl would be fine, Ewan found himself fretting for the whole duration of her climb.   Hearing the elder man comment about his inappropriate starting, Ewan became acutely aware of his error and the blush that colored his cheeks was quite radiant. "I beg your p-pardon!? No, no! I was- but you said to – I am not a..." He averted his eyes immediately, his complexion flushing darker. Hearing the appalled gasp of a lady, Ewan looked up and glanced back over his shoulder at the astonished couple. The poor lad was so mortified that he was sure that he'd die from the sheer weight of it. His lips fell open to explain to his present audience, but they were walking away in a huff as the words did roll with clumsy nervousness off his tongue,  "I-I would never entertain such immoral- "

He heard the snapping of vegetation and Braxton yelling at him.  He looked immediately skywards and moved with haste to catch the falling lady since her brother seemed to be too lazy to! What a dreadful brother, Braxton Treyburn was! Fortunately for Cherie Treyburn, Ewan caught her in his arms with more skill and grace than he ever remembered possessing. In other, words, they were both rather fortunate in that moment and Ewan trembled slightly from nerves; there was an expression of relief and tension drawn tightly across his youthful countenance. Blushing still, he inquired, "Are you – are you alright?" He set her down on her feet gently and bent to pick up her shoes and offer them to her.   

Ivory

There was no high-pitched scream, nor wail of fear, as she plummeted towards the earth; there was only a short gasp, to her credit...  Besides, there was hardly time for such dramatics!  One moment, she was airborne, and in the next...

Cherie blinked at Ewan, looking equally surprised as delighted.  "You caught me!" she exclaimed, stating the obvious needlessly.  As he set her back on her feet and offered her her shoes, she shot him a cheeky grin.

"Brax, can we keep him?  I want to know if he could catch me if I swan-dove off the balcony..."

She would never!  ...Well, except in the name of science, anyway...

Paradox

"Good work, Ewe-Ann! " Braxton guffawed and slapped the young Rodric on the back, "I knew you'd catch her!"

He quirked a brow at Cherie and his eyes scrutinized the lad, " Yeah, sure. I don't think you'll have much trouble keepin' , 'im. " He grinned at Ewan wickedly, "Although I can't say mother would be all that pleased if you think his presence is an excuse to start pulling stunts like this off at home. "

((Short post but pausing for Ewan to be even more horrified by the crazy lolol ))

Vincent

"I-I um- oh ,dear." Ewan felt himself sweating nervously and trembling from nerves. The poor lad reached into his coat pocket for a handkerchief and dabbed his brow lightly. Good gracious! He prayed to Ansgar above that these people weren't serious. He gave a nervous laugh and "Well, I-I don't really suspect that my nerves could withstand another- you're not - I mean to say, that is,  you're just teasing me, correct? You're not seriously considering that."

Ah, but Cherie did seem to appear quite genuinely interested in taking another leap. "Oh I don't know, Miss Cherie. I really am not so normally light my on my feet. Your pardon, I -oh my... you two are so adventurous. Mother would kill me if she knew. " This was almost too much for him, but at least he had not run away yet! 

ooc: I'm sorry. I shouldn't be this tardy again!

Ivory

(OOC: *hides face* I did not realize it was my turn.  *fails*)

"Yes, well," Cherie began with a smirk that looked a mile wide.  "Mine keeps threatening, but I'm still here, aren't I?"

Of course, her mother had somehow managed to strong-arm her into this...

"Are you really saying you've never had an adventure, Ewan?"  Although that did explain some things...  "Not even when you were a kid?"  She shot her brother a hopeful look -- maybe Brax would help her introduce the poor man to the concept!

Vincent

"I've never had much time for exploration I'm afraid," Ewan replied after casting a worried glance back over his shoulder as though he suspected his mother to leap out of one of the bushes in the garden and scold him for behaving against her expectations, " My parents made certain that I always had something to keep me preoccupied, namely my studies. Although, I think I have a bit more time for myself than my elder brothers. "

Seeing that his mother was ,in fact, not present , the young lord of Folkvar's gaze turned back to the Treyburn siblings, "That did change when I enlisted in the navy. I do rather enjoy sailing and visiting distant lands. Regrettably, I've only ventured as far as Serendipity's capital, but I'm afraid nothing occurring during that adventure entailed hiding from mother or jumping off balconies." He shook his head, "You speak as though this sort of thing is common with you? "

Paradox

Braxton grinned rougishly at the young lord, "Get to sample any of the exotic goods during your travels?" Unfortunately, because it was Brax, this was both a joke and a serious question.

((short but am pausing for reactions haha.))

Ivory

Cherie wrinkled her nose slightly at the thought of studies.  It sounded terribly dull, of course, and all-too-proper for the young lady.  "I think they probably gave up by the time I came around, although..."  She glanced at Brax questioningly, as though sizing him up.

Rather than pursue the line of thought -- after all, her parents were fairly notorious for not caring in the least -- she grinned at Ewan.  "Is it true that people in Serendipity can't handle metal?  And can they really use magic all the time anywhere they want?"

(OOC: Poor Ewan...!)

Vincent

Ewan smiled and nodded at Cherie's initial comment. He found himself slightly envying her though perhaps he would have changed his mind if he'd known how many sibling she had!

At Braxton's question, Ewan stared at the man with a confused look on his face. Ewan was not slow or wholly ignorant of what the other man was implying so much as he was shocked by how rude this man was.  The poor lad wasn't sure how to respond. He flushed scarlet, opened his mouth and started to reply in his defense. Of course he would NEVER engage in such inappropriate behavior!

Fortunately, Braxton's sister interrupted with more appropriate inquiries of her own that stole Ewan's attention away from the offense and he was, naturally, more than happy to evade such a rude and embarrassing topic of discussion, " Well, it's true that they suffer an allergic reaction to Iron. The degrees of affects depends on the individual , however . For some it is little more than a slight irritant to one's skin and for others it can almost prove to be fairly debilitating. " Ewan, being half Serenian, was slightly allergic himself.  He shook his head at the second question , " As for magic, the Serenians have a far more liberal view of it compared with ...our nation, I'm sure you're aware. However, even in Serendipity there are rules about when and where one uses magic and even what types of magic one might be allowed to use. It's not quite so...simple as being permitted to cast a spell as one pleases. Although, when I first visited the country it certainly did seem like the people were that careless." He paused to push up the hood of his shark costume to keep the floppy shark head from falling into his vision. Curse the silly thing was too big for him! " Forgive me if my preceding curiosity is a bit intrusive, but might I inquire where the pair of you hail from?"   

Paradox

Braxton was disappointed, but not surprised. The boy had "clueless virgin" stamped so obviously on his forehead from the moment Brax had seen him. Lord Treyburn crossed his arms and half-listened to a topic that he hardly found interesting. He didn't care much for magic nor did he care much for serenians ,but that wasn't why he wasn't interested.

If it wasn't about booze, fighting or women, Lord Treyburn would tire easily of a conversation. However, he noted that his sister was genuinely interested and he was pleased to see that she wasn't quite as bored or miserable as she had been earlier in the evening. He didn't wish to disrupt that and chose to gave the two kids a couple words , "I'm gonna go ask that couple if they've seen Janette." He told them as he moved away.

Ivory

"'Kay!" Cherie chirped in her brother's direction rather agreeably.  "And we're from Uthlyn."  What was it about iron, she wondered, that made people in Serendipity allergic to it specifically?  She'd have to ask Florry, later...  "Well, I'm in my last year of school, really.  But school isn't so far from home."  With Brax moving away, she added, "And now that Brax is in charge, I'm hoping he'll let me skip over that whole introduction to society thing."  She gave a dismissive flick of her wrist, sending her shoes, which were gripped in that hand, bouncing all over the place.  "Janette's was a real disaster.  And Illi's was really boring.  And I don't see why I should have to sit through another ball if I'm not going to be a proper lady, anyway!  Red -- that's our oldest brother -- said he'd take me on as an apprentice and teach me how to make guns if I wanted.  And that's loads better than having to do this stuff all the time."  Obviously.  Her nose wrinkled in distaste.  "Though I guess that doesn't stop them from making Florry come to these things.  Or Janette, I guess."  Angsar, what would it take for her to escape high heels and ballrooms??  But, then again, if it were up to Brax...

"You don't like these things either, right?  Where would you rather be?  On your ship in the middle of the ocean somewhere?"  Cherie prompted suddenly, having come to a quite natural conclusion to her monologue and suddenly recalling that she wasn't alone.

Vincent

"Oh, yes, of course, " Ewan replied politely watching the older man move away and leave the young lord of Folkvar to listen to Cherie's excitable discourse. Fortunately, her train of thought was not difficult to follow and not insufferably boring as the previous conversations he'd held previously with other nobles that evening.

This young lady was quite bold and unorthodox and Ewan found himself pondering what kind of parents she must have been blessed or cursed with to have ended up so spirited. However, the comment about wanting to be a gunsmith was slightly disconcerting. He knew there were craftswomen and this was an admirable thing,but  a lady making guns? How rather peculiar!

He smiled at her once her attention had shifted from rambling to his presence once again. At her question he couldn't help but chuckle softly, "Ah, well , yes and no. Sometimes one does meet some rather curious individuals and see some interesting things. Although, I confess that I do not believe this occurs as often as I should like. It tends to be the same old people holding the same old conversations. Most are regrettably dull or argumentative. The food is nice although Reajh cuisine is a lot heavier than I'm accustomed to and I suppose that I would enjoy the dancing parts if I could actually dance or if mother would stop thinking that one dance means I'm considering a marriage proposal. "   

He shook his head, and glanced down nervously as his wringing hands, " Yes, I believe that you're quite correct, my Lady. I think I would feel a lot more comfortable on my ship than here. Pardon. I mean not to jest , but I do feel not so different from a fish out of water. Have I mentioned that before? " He fidgeted, "My apologies. I tend to be a bit redundant when I'm nervous."

Paradox

The couple Brax approached was just out of ear-shot from his sister, but he wasn't really concerned . Not only could Cherie handle herself, but Ewan was a good kid so Brax doubted he'd wind up hearing that his sister had punched another fellow this evening. Though part of him would've paid good money to see that again!

"Evening, "Braxton greeted the couple who were doing their best to ignore his unwanted presence as he walked closer to them, "I've lost one of my sisters. She's a moody giant."

He grinned at their confused reactions to the statement. Oh if only this were a joke.... 

Tags: