Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Game mechanic wishlist!

Started by Tally, January 02, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

Hmm... Perhaps a karma system? Like if you steal something/hurt someone/murder spree, maybe there are equal consequences later down the line?

((Darn it, Zane, you read my mind!))

Anadwen

Quote from: Sir Zane on January 03, 2014, 07:24:39 AM
Another something that would be extremely difficult to pull off but be awesome. Some form of morality system, which if it doesnothibg else, effects how characters interactwith the PC (this wiuld go really well with a renown/infamy system)

like, the chaotic-neutral-lawful x good-neutral-evil system?

Brisinger987

Maybe the alignment system provides some sort of combat/gameplay bonuses if possible?

So, like, an evil alignment provides a damage output boost while a good alignment provides a money boost or something. Or even allows to equip certain magic and items? God that would be difficult, but cool.

Anadwen

yes, like immunity to certain types of damage from certain types of enemies... or resistance to some debuffs, like an evil character being resistant to some types of dark magic, etc.

zozee9

Btw guys I'm pretty sure there will be subclasses. Idk if someone said that already here, but that will make it so you can keep that wicked sword. :P

Gosh, I haven't played a game like this in ages. So I guess I don't have that much to recommend. But maybe a way to change your character's appearance? I mean, things like skin tone, gender, hair style/color, etc. At least when you first start... and maybe in the game too. Idk.

p.s. I really hope there are random cakes hanging out everywhere. Or you can eat cake for health. Except Spicy's game doesn't have them. ;D
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on January 03, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
p.s. I really hope there are random cakes hanging out everywhere. Or you can eat cake for health. Except Spicy's game doesn't have them. ;D

Pfft, mine would have the fairest cake of them all D<
Also, lol, I just started a new thread where a city just reeks of cake. Going to so be torturing myself on this one 8D

Also, yeah, looks like there's a lot of repeat suggestions, but I'm sure Tally gets the idea and it's fun watching everyone get so excited while an old person like me can just sit back, enjoy and eat cake 8D *so helpful*
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

I know weapon crafting has been brought up but what about cooking? Another thing, perhaps if possible farming to grow your own foods.

zozee9

... what's the style of this game? That would be nice to know. :3

EDIT: Oooo and what about achievements?! Either hidden or like a list that you can aim for... or both?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Tak

Some armor should become more powerful if you are being evil/good.

I have been reading all the coments for this thread. We are basically making an 8-bit Skyrim! (good thing)

Anadwen

Quote from: Tak on January 03, 2014, 08:59:34 PM
We are basically making an 8-bit Skyrim! (good thing)

Woo! I can't wait for the NPC forms to come out.

Looshi

Sorry to burst the bubble, but it's not that easy guys. Have any of you actually made a game before? It's a lot of work. Even in a pre-made engine like RMVX Ace. These features you want don't come with the engine, they have to be built from the ground up with scripting, which is programming. Tal is only one person, and a game without any special features even is a lot of work. So asking for a 8-bit Skyrim is a tad much, most likely the game will be a linear story following a few characters, not an open world where you can do anything.

Sorry if that's blunt, but this was getting carried away.

Tally

Quote from: Anadwen on January 03, 2014, 12:57:26 AMNot a turn-based combat system.
Also, I hope it will be possible to zoom in and out, change camera angle and switch between 1st and 3rd person view, if I'm not asking for too much.
Ehehe...er, well here we get to our first awkward divergence of ideals. xD  Cuz I LOVE turn-based battles in RPGs, so this one will be turn-based I'm afraid. ^_^;;
But!  There's resources out there to play around with the battle system, so I'll see what I can do to introduce some immediacy into it. (:

Quote from: Tak on January 03, 2014, 02:28:22 AM
The ability to choose from a variety of races!
Oh, and there should be Demon and Angel armor, which are equal on best-in-the-game!
Quote from: zozee9 on January 03, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
But maybe a way to change your character's appearance? I mean, things like skin tone, gender, hair style/color, etc. At least when you first start... and maybe in the game too. Idk.
The main party will be set characters and won't be customizable, but there will be a variety of races present for sure!  I'm also searching for a way to include cosmetic items (that is, things that will change the character's appearance in some ways like hair and costume).  Also I'll make sure there's like super cool ultimate armors and things to collect cuz that stuff rocks!

Quote from: Anadwen on January 03, 2014, 02:33:21 AM
And raids/instances - where you are set on a fight in a certain location, smash a lot of mobs, and receive rewards in the end. It doesn't have to be done in a group, it goes alone, too.

Certain classes could have pets and/or soldiers to help them, too.
I think I'll have to leave raids and instances to MMOs! xD
But I am quite sure there are easy ways to include summoner-type classes, y'know like, classes that can bring other things in to help them. *nods*

Quote from: Tak on January 03, 2014, 02:48:57 AMI'm saying that you should be able to use a sword even if you have all the skill in magic, Even though you will suck at the sword.
Lemme see...are you saying that, if you find a sword with awesome stats for a mage class, then mages should be able to use it?  If so, not to worry!  If there's a really cool item in the game, I'll make sure you have options for who to equip it to!

Quote from: Brisinger987 on January 03, 2014, 07:19:14 AMAfflictions/Disease System...
Buffs/debuffs/status ailments/etc. will definitely be a thing.

Quote from: Nomad on January 03, 2014, 01:16:59 PMI know weapon crafting has been brought up but what about cooking? Another thing, perhaps if possible farming to grow your own foods.
Will add that in to the crafting suggestion!

Quote from: zozee9 on January 03, 2014, 01:18:21 PM... what's the style of this game? That would be nice to know. :3

EDIT: Oooo and what about achievements?! Either hidden or like a list that you can aim for... or both?
top-down RPG with sprites!
Achievements!  Hmm, haven't looked into that yet so I have noooo idea if it's possible, but I'll add it to the wishlist and we'll find out! (8

Quote from: Brisinger987 on January 03, 2014, 07:34:04 AM
Maybe the alignment system provides some sort of combat/gameplay bonuses if possible
I'll think on the alignment issue.  There are ways to do it, but the whole evil/good polarity thing that you see in games kinda bugs me. >.o  If I can find a way to do it that is also palatable to me, I'll make it happen!

Quote from: Looshi on January 04, 2014, 03:15:44 PM
Sorry if that's blunt, but this was getting carried away.
Carried away is fine!  Aim for the stars, settle for the moon!
In case anyone was wondering, I AM IN NO WAY A REALIST.  xDD And I don't know how to do anything but to do it ALL THE EFFING WAY.
So bring it on!!  Let's hear the craziest most outlandish suggestions and wishes you guys have for the game!  Sure, we may not get the majority of them in.  Heck, we may not get HALF of them in.  But in the process of trying, we will create something AMAZING.

TL;DR: GET MORE CARRIED AWAY CUZ IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPEN IS WHEN YOU MAKE THE AWESOME HAPPEN

Looshi

Ah okay! There's a lot that can be done with RMVX Ace, but a lot of it will take learning the programming language. I used to be able to script in XP, but it's been years since I've touched it. I'm sure if I get started on learning it again and refreshing, I could help out with scripts and the like. But almost everything suggested can be done with scripts. I just didn't know if you were going to go for a project that big!

And there are ways to do achievements! Use Variables and switches! No need for a script. x3

Zane

Craziest most outlandish ideas eh?

DRUGS SEX ROCK 'N ROLL AND DUBSTEP IN A MEDIEVAL SETTING!

I am of course kidding, how about along with easter eggs, we have messages from users on the site such as myself, spicey, lion so on and so forth. that are just randomly hidden around, there can be a series of them for each player or just one or two, Just have a bunch of random signs with the messages on them.

zozee9

... Tally, isn't the quote the other way around? "Aim for the moon... Even if you miss, you'll land in the stars." Maybe not. This might require google now.  8)

Brisinger987

It's "Aim for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars." Zozee! You got it right almost word for word I think.

Anadwen

Quote from: Tally on January 04, 2014, 09:52:59 PM
Ehehe...er, well here we get to our first awkward divergence of ideals. xD  Cuz I LOVE turn-based battles in RPGs, so this one will be turn-based I'm afraid. ^_^;;

nooooooo...

turn-based combat system destroyed so many RPGs for me... It just seems to me that it has nothing to do with real combat and is terribly unrealistic. and quite slow, too.

I can only hope it will turn out well.

Brisinger987

I quite like turn based combat. Although that may be because my early RPG diet consisted of Pokémon and Final Fantasy.

Anadwen

I tried turn-based RPGs several times, but then I found LotRO and I liked its no-turns combat system much better, it's very realistic and has the excitement of really fighting an orc or warg or whatever.

also, it needs skills to concentrate on your target and keep facing it at all times, and striking it quickly.

zozee9

I think that becomes a little tougher when it isn't a 3-d world, Jelly. Possible, but a lot tougher. Personally, I like both turn based games and free attack, so I really don't care. ^^

Tags: