Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Duck Hunt

Started by visualspice, January 03, 2014, 07:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Another tag to kleine 8D
LET THE DUCK HUNTING BEGIN D<

--------
Wellspeer Manor- The Duchy of Hellvion. Three months after the Grand Duke's Masked Ball.

"Here, you will find in West Wing of the Parlor, my collection of arms I was explaining to you before," Davishire began with a gentile sweeping of his arm. "Behind each glass case are lacquered series of guns ranging from the early primitive models my Grandfather helped design, to the more modern sophistication of the Phoenix Gun you see on your right. This one," Davshire explained, as he lifted up a crude version of a rifle that was slung over a mahogany display hook. "Is a more recent addition to what the army has been working on. They call these rifles, and this model in particular is called the Wolf's Bite." Picking up the lengthy firearm, he held it forward and pretended to take aim before handing it over to his visitor to let Lord Avery Carwick inspect it for himself.

"I am aware of your time spent in the military," Davishire began, tastefully, though pointedly as he went on, assuring his friend he was not here to belittle him and his knowledge. "Did you get a chance to use such arms as these?" He inquired, his tone shrewd, though it always was. It was just the way he had been raised, and though Davishire was still being proper, it was evident in the subtle enthusiasm of his form that this room, of all the rooms within his estate, was evidently his most favored. It was neat and tidy (though the rest of his expansive house had been), but there was evidence in the worn leather chairs nearby that the room had gotten much use, an also, through it, care.

"If you look to our left, out on the veranda over there, there's an expanse of yard just outside the manner that we can use to do some target practicing and then, if you so desire, even further out is a series of lakes where the duck hunting is plentiful. Perhaps if we are good enough in our aim this eve, we can shoot down a few ducks for dinner." And he patted Avery upon the shoulder, giving him a wolfish grin before he produced a set of keys within the top drawer of a nearby desk.

"So are there any fire arms you see to your liking? Most are the basic wheel-lock version, and they all tend to work the same. But the newer pistols and rifles you will see all pack a bit more bite than some of the older models, and are inherently less messy."

And he tossed a white cloth to Avery. Black powdered guns could be quite the messy toy, though he judged Avery would have been used to it. Then the second thing he tossed was some rope and a bag for their game. And while he let his new found friend explore the multiple display cases full of guns, Davishire began collecting the necessary musket balls, though the black powder would, most naturally, be kept elsewhere. Once the supplies were gathered he strolled over towards Avery's side and grinned again- a feat most rare, though then again- Davishire Callister having anyone over to 'hunt' was rare indeed, and now that he had gotten the chance to exploit a friendship of a similar nature of his own, he was more than welcoming to the change and nodded forward.

"I see you've got an eye on the Blue Pearl. She's a good gun. Has a nice snap to her when fired, though the wheel-lock gets a bit tricky. I try to keep it well cleaned, but after each use, sometimes the locks tend to stick." And at this notion, Davishire frowned, which was doubled in his reflection within the display case glass.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao