Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winter's messenger

Started by Anadwen, January 04, 2014, 06:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Athran stepped away from the treacherous place, glad that he has been warned, and followed her further. The blizzard was getting stronger, often tossing snow from the branches of pines and firs into their faces.

They soon reached the top of that hill, and begun descending again. The top of the snow was beginning to freeze over, and Athran's light steps proved treacherous to him. He slipped on something, collapsing onto the ground and falling deep into the cover of snow.

He shook the snow out of his hair, spitting it out and scrambling back to his feet as fast as he could. Silent curses under his breath accompanied fierce dusting off. Some of the snow got under his armour, and its cold touch sent a chill down his spine.

wolfie

She was glad he hadn't fallen into that pit. She wouldn't have been able to get him out of it on her own. Julianna tried hard to do things on her own knowing her people were taxed enough just trying to survive. Things had become too rough. She was surprised anyone stayed. She knew if they left they would be back in the spring. It would be easier than in this weather.

She didn't like the snow blown into their faces. She wondered if they were being crazy being out in this looking for a dragon. It made her glad nobody else knew about her romping around in the snow with an elf she didn't really know. She wondered if perhaps she wasn't insane.

She saw him go down and get back up. She kept the laughter to a minimum knowing that must have hurt and more than physically. She didn't want to offend him, but it did look funny. She wondered what she should do, and waited until she was sure she wouldn't give away that she had laughed at all in her voice before speaking.

"Are you okay?"

Anadwen

"I'm fine." Athran groaned, shaking more snow out of the long wisps of his hair. "Cursed snow..." His armour was getting all frozen over and that made it slippery. He clashed his gauntlets together to break the frost off, and brushed it off against his chestplate.

"I can feel Maigrod's presence close... He must be somewhere nearby." he muttered, looking down in embarrassment. He blushed a little at the fall, but hid it in the shadows of his hood and hair, falling into his face. It was more than outrageous for someone of his status and renown, to fall into the snow like a child, and he didn't want to mention it, or think about it. His main concern was to find Maigrod...

wolfie

"Okay good to hear," she said not sure what else to say. She heard his cursing and smiled a little. He wasn't like anyone she had met before that was for certain. He seemed to be having problems with his armor. It wasn't something she could fix though.

"Which way? I can lead you there safe enough," she said still a little amused at his falling. Julianna knew she shouldn't be, but she couldn't help it. It wasn't every day she saw an elf fall on his butt in the snow.

Anadwen

Athran pointed northwest, into a valley, opening behind the hillsides. The mountinas were higher there, their sides steep and rising into pointed tops, though there were still the same pines, growing on their snow-covered sides.

He begun rushing down the mountainside, careful not to slip on his frozen armour again. His cape was leaving marks on the snow as he pulled it behind himself, sliding rather than actually walking. It was difficult not to fall over like before, and he regretted wearing full armour instead of a more comfortable attire, which wouldn't slip and freeze.

wolfie

She carefully took him the way he pointed. It was something else getting up and around though and was getting more difficult. She knew there were few passes actually open. She almost wanted to call it and head back, but they couldn't do that. The dragon needed help.

"Hopefully everything is okay. Have you tried to establish any kind of contact?" She asked hoping for good news. A goose chase was not on her to do list for the day.

Anadwen

"I did. That's why I fell - I was concentrating on that, rather than walking..." he shook his head, "But it's fruitless. I can't reach him, he's too far for me to hear him - or not conscious." He kept walking through the snow.

"But we're getting closer, I feel it..." he assured her, peering into the distance. The treetops seemed to be broken and battered there, as if something large crashed straight into them.

wolfie

Julianna had a feeling the dragon wasn't conscious. They were getting closer she could see the evidence herself with the trees. The tops were bent broken even. She knew that wasn't something that happened just any day.

"Okay not too much father then. Same direction?" she asked knowing he would know better than her. She could just follow the tree tops, but that wasn't always a good indication. The dragon could have moved after the crash. Something could have moved it although that was a scary thought.

Anadwen

Athran was eventually almost running across the woods, following the trail Maigrod has left in his wake, when all of a sudden, he noticed several large steps, lining it. As if a few pairs of incredibly huge feet have followed the dragon... They were fresh, still not covered by the snow, most likely not even an hour old.

He stopped, bending above one, and carefully studied it. After a while, he slowly turned his head towards Julianna. "Tell me... Are there trolls in these forests?" he questioned her with suspicion.

wolfie

She wasn't sure they were going the right way until he noticed some tracks. She was glad of that. If anything she hoped the dragon was alright. She then heard his question and gasped. She closed her eyes realizing this might be true then.

"We don't know for certain. There are rumors that these forest are lined with trolls, but nobody has ever seen one. We don't have anyone missing either," she said making it more of a mystery. It was the only one that she knew of.

"If that is true, are we in danger?"

@Anadwen