Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood tears (Silver)

Started by Anadwen, January 09, 2014, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Athran didn't want to let go, but in the end, oxygen shortage forced him to pull himself away from Tavi, and catch his breath. His lips spread into a smile, and he pressed her onto himself in a tight hug once again. "Half of that... Was your work!" he whispered into her ear.

The twilight gave the forest soft, dim shadows, in which nobody would notice a couple, kissing in the shade of a tree. He was content - alone, and not completely alone. Her sole presence was what he desired the most right now. He closed his eyes once again, and softly slipping one hand underneath Tavi's knees, he picked her up. "And you are wonderful as a whole."

SilverShadow

Tavi laughed as he scooped her up effortlessly. Grinning at him, she said, "You should smile more often. Smiles look fantastic on you!"

She paused, then asked quietly, "So are you still leaving tomorrow?" She didn't want him to go, but she understood the life of a wanderer, she understood the pull to keep moving. It had never been her's, but many of her friends spread out over the continent were wanderers and she understood that need.

Anadwen

Athran shook his head. "Definitely not. I wasn't planning on leaving any soon, anyway... And now that I have a reason to stay..." he shrugged and chuckled.

Once again, he pressed his lips on her cheek and fleetly kissed her. It was the most wonderful thing over the past few years... "It'd be cruel even to myself if I would force myself to go." he whispered. Like a lost ship, he felt like he found the anchor to hold him steady on one place. And he was grateful for that.

"I don't want to leave you, Tavi." he said, and begun singing silently to her once again.

SilverShadow

Tavi's face lit up. "Oh good, because I really don't want you to leave!" she informed him brightly. "You might have to put up with some gossip eventually, though, since my business is in Tirial I can't stay in Moonspear forever." There was a note of regret in her voice. She didn't want him to have to go through the prying eyes of the people of Tirial, but they were her livelihood and she couldn't remain here forever.

Anadwen

A shadow appeared on Athran's face for a short moment, but as he shook his head and glanced into the distance, it passed, and didn't return. "Let them talk. Only those whose lives are so petty that they have nothing better to do do so, and those are not a concern of mine." he laughed shortly, and started slowly walking through the forest.

"Should I take you back home, or would you like to take a walk?" he asked.

SilverShadow

Though she was concerned about the shadow that crossed his face, Tavi said nothing. "It's just their culture," she explained softly. "Their culture is to share lives, to know each other like family. That's all it is."

In response to his question, she thought for a moment, then replied, "We should get these herbs onto drying racks before they wilt in our pockets. Then we can go for a walk, if that's what you'd like to do." She smiled sweetly at him.

Anadwen

Athran returned her smile and put her onto the ground again. "I'll help you take them, if you need." It didn't matter what would they do. He wanted to keep close to her...

They walked back onto the open space, into the starlight, softly falling from the sky. Athran saw Taviel as if she was crowned with stars - to his eyes, she appeared illuminated with their radiant shine, as if garbed in a hundred of adamants. He was struck speechless...

SilverShadow

((Awwww!! xD And on another note because I'm a detail freak...he doesn't know that her full name is Taviel yet, she just introduced herself as Tavi. :P))

"Okay," Tavi agreed, still smiling as she paced beside him out of the woods and back into the small horse pasture they'd been practicing in. She lead the way up the stairs to the door of her apartment. In only a second or two she had it unlocked and lead the way inside, lighting lamps as she went.

It was a nice apartment, cozy but still rather spacious. The ceilings were high, making the rooms feel larger than they were. The sword she had used earlier was displayed on the wall in it's sheath, giving the room something of a centerpiece. A large wood table took up the majority of the dining area, and it was spread with racks and racks of drying herbs of all different sizes, shapes, and colors. She had several sleeping mats rolled up and stacked on top of each other in the corner, and a doorway lead to a small bedroom with a more permanent sleeping mat spread out on the floor. Moving quickly and gracefully, she spread the herbs they had gathered on two empty drying racks on the table.

"Sorry it's kind of small," she said to Athran as she worked. "But you can take your pick of the sleeping mats in the corner there."

Anadwen

Athran carefully watched her from the doorway, looking around in the room. It was quite big, but furnished simply, the most striking piece of furniture around Tavi's sword. It wasn't too different from most apartments he had previously seen in Serendipity, but appeared cozy and homely.

He dropped his own bag onto the ground and unpinned his old cape. "Would you mind if I'd change from armour to something lighter? I might still have a spare shirt in my bag." he asked, pulling a part of a crimson fabric from the backpack.

SilverShadow

Seeing that he was still standing in the doorway, Tavi exclaimed, "Of course! Come in, come in! Make yourself at home. Would you like anything to drink? A mug of ale, or hot chocolate? I have food too."

Anadwen

Athran nodded, taking off his coat, and walked in. "Just ale." he replied, and smiled. Most of his armour ended up on his bags, and instead of an old, rugged black shirt, he put on a very dark crimson one, reaching to the half of his thighs, embroidered with complicated patterns of black thread. There was no real need for armour and weapons right now, but he still kept the belt with several daggers, and the sheathed Black Sword by his side, alongside his gauntlets and bracers.

"I'm not really hungry. Don't worry about me." he said, and squatted by his bag. Tilting his head aside, he watched Tavi. How did he not notice what a wonderful creature she was?

SilverShadow

In two quick strides Tavi had crossed the kitchen to what she had dubbed her ale cabinet. Opening it, she breathed an audible sigh of relief. "Oh good, they left some," she muttered to herself, pouring 2 mugs of ale. She turned and handed one of the mugs to Athran, trying not to stare. Crimson was a really good color on him. Not to mention that looked like a really nice shirt.

Anadwen

Athran downed his ale only a moment later after she gave it to him. It gave him a warm feeling on the inside, and he reached for Tavi, softly stroking her cheek. "Shall we go? The night is warm... I'll take my harp, alright?" he asked, and gave her a warm smile.

The mug thudded a little as he put it onto the closest table, and once more pulled the beautiful harp out of his bag. It was an elven harp that he owned since his youth... Passed from his mother, whom he hardly remembered, but he believed that the figure, adorning its side, was shaped after Arinwen. His hand caressed the wood and strings, which made a soft sound under the tips of his white fingers, and he looked down at it with delight.

SilverShadow

Tavi downed her own ale equally as fast, and as he spoke of bringing his harp, her eyes twinkled mischievously. "Hold that thought," she told him, and strode into her bedroom, to an ancient, intricately carved oak chest. Unlocking it, she lifted the heavy lid and poked around inside for a moment before bringing out a slender elven flute. Its silver shone like a lamp, not a spot of tarnish on it anywhere, and it was covered in delicate, etched designs. Detailed vines, leaves, and water scenes covered its surface, making it truly a work of art.

Anadwen

Athran glanced at her flute with surprise. It was strangely similar to his harp... He moved his own instrument towards it, and saw the matching vines of ivy, circling around it. "They look almost the same." he whispered, and turned to Tavi with a delighted smile. "Can you play it? It's beautiful. It must surely make a wonderful sound."

His eyes were once again glued to Tavi's face. It was unusual for him to be attracted to someone like this, but he recognized the feeling very well. It brought a hint of sadness into his heart, but he was glad to feel it again.

A truly remarkable feeling.

SilverShadow

"Sure, I can play it," Tavi replied with a grin. She lifted the flute to her lips, paused for a second in thought, then began to play. At first the notes were soft, sweet, gentle, each one giving way to the next in soulful harmony.

Then slowly the music began to pick up, the notes dancing with each other, rolling over each other and bouncing up toward the sky in a cheerful, joyous melody. It was the kind of music that made you want to dance, or spin around in circles until you fall to the ground laughing and out of breath. Then, with a cheery trill that sounded almost like a wave, it ended. She lowered the flute and grinned at Athran.

Anadwen

A grin appeared on Athran's face as he listened to her, playing, and when she finished, he clapped to her. "That was beautiful. Now, if we may, I could play you another song in exchange - I'd prefer to do so in the wood, though. There's nothing as beautiful as a night forest." he said, and winked.

His harp was still in his hands when he walked towards the door, and gestured towards Tavi to follow. "The night's still young. And summer nights are all full of starlight."

SilverShadow

Tavi nodded in agreement and followed him to the door, taking the flute with her. Great gods how she loved that grin of his! She linked her arm through his as they exited, letting go only to lock the door behind her. They crossed the pasture again and reentered the woods. Tavi guided him in a different direction now, leading him to a small clearing deep in the forest.

The clearing was large enough to see the stars above, and had a couple of large logs strewn across it which made for perfect seating.

Anadwen

Athran turned his head up to the stars. They were glimmering on the dark veil of the sky, scattered like shards of diamonds, blazing with white flames. Their shine was cold, yet bright and radiant, crowning both of them, standing amid the clearing. Athran grabbed his harp once again.

His hands were moving slowly on its strings, bending them to produce soft, beautiful sounds, sounding in harmony with his voice. He sang one of the songs he learned while he was young - not in the common tongue, but in old elvish. His melodic voice rang through the air, accompanied, by the sounds of the harp, and he stood like frozen in time.

The light of stars glinted on silver, adorning the harp, and softly shone down upon them. It made all the silver glow like it was smithed from the stars themselves, giving it an unearthly shine. Even Athran's eyes seemed to glow in it.

I can feel I'm one
With the tortured land
With its solitude and decay
There's no one left
All the other men
Pass on through the night

All dead and gone
Still I don't dare to move
The imprisoned soul
Cannot find back home

Snow falls down
It covers field and blood
Snow falls down
And clears the view

It is cold

And once again
The battle's fought
Out on the plains
So rhymes spread out its glory
But
No rhyme defines its pain

I can't recall all their names
Connection broke loose
They've crossed the lake
Reach the other side
And leave me alone
With the truth

Then once again
The battle's lost
I am to blame
Snow falls down
All dead and gone
They all are dead and gone
They've turned to dust
They've sealed the past
A long long time ago

Connection broke loose
They've crossed the lake
Reach the other side
And leave me alone
With the truth

Connection broke loose
They've crossed the lake
Reach the other side
And leave me alone
With the truth.

(((OOC: song is Blind Guardian's All the king's horses. And it's totally not mine.)))

SilverShadow

Tavi listened for a moment, getting a feel for the melody. Then she lifted her flute to her lips, its silver glowing to match his harp in the starlight, and began to slowly play along.

Her notes twined around his, and the beautiful sounds wove themselves together as they soared toward the endless night sky. The soft, warm sound of the harp and the clear, stirring sound of the flute blended as though they were made to play together.

As the chorus began it's final repeat, Tavi lowered the flute and joined her strong, melodic voice with his, the old elvish words pouring off her tongue. As with their instruments, their voices harmonized with each other in breath-catching synchrony.

Connection broke loose
They've crossed the lake
Reach the other side
And leave me alone
With the truth.