Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood tears (Silver)

Started by Anadwen, January 09, 2014, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Athran revealed one of the long, thin blades, till now hidden in one of the numerous sheaths on his belt. The ornaments, adorning it, glinted in the few rays of setting sun, which appeared crimson like blood for a while, but then the vision disappeared as the elf's tall figure bent down towards the herbs.

"Cut them, or rip by hand?" he asked, flashing his eyes from the soft leaves to Tavi's face, still holding the dagger.

SilverShadow

"Either is fine, just be gentle. Don't want to rip the whole plant out of the ground! If you do it by hand, just pinch it off about here." She demonstrated, carefully breaking off the stem about halfway down. "If you use the dagger, cut it at a little bit of an angle. The plants seem to like it better."

Anadwen

Athran's dagger sunk to the leaves and slowly cut several of them off. He grabbed those with his other hand and showed them to Tavi, green and fresh as the whole forest itself. "Like this?"

It was one of the few times his weapons were used to cut something else but flesh, and it was difficult to be gentle and soft with a blade, when he trained his whole life to be fierce, quick and deadly. This time, he didn't mean to do any harm to anything... It was strange.

SilverShadow

Tavi nodded approvingly. "Perfect!" She studied him for a minute, then said, "You look a little...stunned? Everything okay over there?" As she spoke, she gathered a few branches of herbs herself, bundling them together and sticking them in her pockets.

Anadwen

Athran shook his head and quickly turned to her. "Sorry... Stunned? I'm... I'm fine, don't worry. I'm simply not used to handling my blades in this way." he explained, slipping the dagger back to its sheath and looking around himself. A blade, cutting without spilling blood, was not an ordinary thing to him.

SilverShadow

"Ahhh..." A huge smile blossomed over Tavi's face. "I understand. Feels weird, doesn't it? And maybe...hopefully...a little good?" She hoped he found it a good feeling, she really wanted to show him all the beautiful parts of life, so he could see something other than bloody death.

Anadwen

Athran smiled softly. "Yes, it feels good." he replied. "There are many things that stop me from enjoying the present, or would stop me from it... But I must not look at those. What comes after death is not my concern, be it heaven, hell, the realm of the death gods, or whatever else. I know what awaits me... But I can't change it, and therefore, it's not my problem, right?"

His hands appeared on her shoulders, and he stared into her eyes. She showed him a lot this day... And he was thankful.

SilverShadow

Tavi's delicate features lit up as he confirmed that this was a positive feeling. "Precisely! If it can't be changed, there's no sense in dwelling on it. Rather, it's much better to just enjoy today."

His hands rested on her shoulders, and her stomach did an annoying little flip flop. She stared back into his eyes, her gaze steady and smiling. All she wanted, in that moment, was to make a difference in the life of this man. And to see him happy.

Anadwen

Athran's hands softly slipped to her waist. He gazed down into her eyes, and smiled, raising one hand to stroke her cheek. She was one of the few humans that got his sympathy over the last few centuries... And he enjoyed it more than he thought he would.

It was crazy, only meeting her today and already developing feelings... It didn't feel bad though. He didn't want to leave now... Ah, bitter is the fate of a wanderer!

He reached into his bag, and his fingers returned, clenched around a small harp, half covered in a black fabric. The dark wood from which it was crafted was carved beautifully, picturing leaves of trees and an elegant figure, strung through one side. Its strings softly glinted in the light of the setting sun.

"Should I play for you?" Athran asked.

SilverShadow

Tavi was reluctant for him to let go of her, but she did rather want to hear him play. The ludicrous though crossed her mind that she wished he had enough hands to do both at once! Telling herself that she was now approaching the realm of truly absurd thoughts, she took a slow step back, then gracefully dropped to the ground and crossed her legs under her.

"Play on, good sir!" she said it teasingly, but her voice was softer, sweeter than her usual joking tone, making her sound serious. Which she was. She was eager to hear the music he could make on what had to be one of the most beautiful harps she'd ever seen.

Anadwen

Athran's hands begun moving on the strings of the harp, softly and slowly at first, plucking the strings to create sounds as beautiful as the sparkling stars, starting to appear on the dark veil of the sky above. His eyes stared at something in the distance, and their glance appeared soft, maybe even sad.

After a while, he joined the quickly changing notes, played on the instrument, with his melodic voice.

"A black swan
Is born that night
The misty pond
Has got a new king
Got a new king
So what can we do
With our lives
When it all begins
It's hard and
It's cruel
Will grace die in pain?
Will light ever rise again?

I'm trapped in darkness
Still I reach out for the stars
I'm moving in silence
I leave it all far behind

Oh at dawn
I'll face the edge of thorns
Oh at dawn
I'll pray at the edge of thorns
Oh at dawn
I'll face the edge of thorns

Let us march on
To the fields of sacrifice
I'm wondering why
I'll carry on
Will I betray myself
To rise

In the silence
It's time to explain
And
Search for truth in lies
Useful lies
Needless love's damned

What can we do with our lives
When it all begins

Come follow me
And you will see
How it will be
When all the pain is gone away

Let us march on
Though there's no hope at our side
Let us be brave
Though by glory we are denied
But
Don't you think
It's time for us
To bring to an end
Come play the song of death
The wisdom in us both
Will make it
Special guaranteed
Play the song of death

I'm lost in the depths of his eyes
I can't flee
Inner pain caused insanity
It's deep within
The fear and the hunger
Enslaved and denied
By my love and my enemies
I'm the illgotten son
..."

He looked up at the sky as he finished playing, and his eyes slowly closed. The song ended in a sad, but beautiful tone, and he found himself holding the harp in silence.

(((OOC: the song lyrics are Blind Guardian's Thorn. no credits to me!)))

SilverShadow

Tavi sat entranced as he played, not so much as blinking as the notes washed over her. It sounded like magic, and it touched her deeply. He closed his eyes, his face turned upward as the song ended, and still she didn't move, listening to fading tones, then the silence.

Not saying a word yet, she placed a hand on a nearby tree and closed her eyes, listening to the whispers of the forest. After a moment she looked up at him, her hand still on the tree. In a soft whisper, she said, "That was...incredible. Magical. Even the trees were listening."

Anadwen

"Since I was young I loved music." Athran whispered, smiling softly. "I used to play on celebrations till I passed out from wine and exhaustion. Not anymore, though... Sometimes I do miss it." He opened his eyes again and glanced at the harp in his hands, the elegant shapes, the beautiful wood...

...He missed it, and she reminded him of it. There was something about her that he could barely sense, but it was wonderful, almost fascinating. He reached for her and grabbed her hand again, completely silent. All he wanted was to hold her.

SilverShadow

Tavi was startled as he grabbed her hand, but in one swift, impulsive movement she was on her feet and hugging him. Then she realized what she was doing. Hugging an assassin elf she'd met that morning?! What was she thinking?! She quickly pulled away, her cheeks pink with embarrassment. "I'm sorry, that was out of line..." She tapered off, staring at her feet and mentally cursing herself.

Anadwen

"Don't be sorry..." He whispered softly and pulled her back to himself, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace. It was a desire to keep close and hold her in his hands that he couldn't fight... And didn't try to fight.

He closed his eyes. There was only the whispering wind and the warmth of her body, friendly and soft, that he felt and heard. He didn't want to let go...

SilverShadow

Tavi, grinning, let him pull her back into his arms. Her whole body relaxed except her arms, which returned his tight embrace enthusiastically. She laid her head on his shoulder and just stood there, enjoying the smell of him and the feeling of his arms around her. It was peaceful, and she began to think she might be happy if it never ended...

((Awwwwww, they're adorable. xD))

Anadwen

They could have stood there like that for an eternity... The sun was already beyond the border of the horizon, and only fragments of its light remained on the colorful sky, still giving the undersides of the clouds a wonderful scale of orange, red, and purple colors.

Athran gently picked Tavi up and held her in his arms. It was so long since he met someone to whom he would have feelings like this. If it was a dream, he never wanted to wake up...

SilverShadow

"I know you might not believe me, and that's okay," Tavi murmured, gazing at him, "but you're a really awesome person." Part of her still couldn't believe she was in the arms of an elf she met this morning, but the rest of her refused to let it matter. They may have known each other less than a full day, but this was different than anything she'd ever experienced, and she was liking it. A lot.

She tilted her head to one side, a contemplative look on her face, then she said, "You'll have to forgive me for being so forward..." and she leaned up and kissed him.

Anadwen

Athran smiled, but when she pressed her lips onto his, he was struck breathless. They were soft like roses and warm like fire... When he finally realized what's happening, he didn't resist her, instead putting his own burning passion into it.

His hand slowly arose to her head and delved into her light hair, while he entwinned his other arm around her waist and pressed her against his own body. His heart was beating like the wings of a dragon, bolting through the air, it was like a thunder in his ears, crashing and roaring. He never wanted this to end, he would have been content with standing in the shadowy forest underneath the veil of twilight for all eternity, if the time would let him.

SilverShadow

This kiss...this kiss was... Tavi thought, unable to finish for lack of a word to describe the kiss. She felt like she might never need to breathe again, as long as this kiss continued. His hand in her hair felt wonderful, and she realized that one of her own hands was cupped around the back of his neck, as though she could keep him there forever.

When the kiss ended she leaned back, her breath coming back to her and her eyes slightly glazed. "You are...a wonderful...kisser..."she panted as her lungs tried to compensate for the extended period without air. Tavi Haradion was always bouncy and cheery, but this was a different kind of glow. The kind that appears on the face of a happy person when they first experience heaven.