Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

FORT ATTACK: sub-event for Connlaothian Civil war [EVENT COMPLETE]

Started by visualspice, January 12, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

*This mini-event is currently closed to any new character submissions.

*All of the civil war art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!

This mini-event is for the Connloathian Civil War. If interested in participating, please read the information page here before commenting. Thanks!

~~~~~

So I was thinking of starting a group thread revolving around a newly established fort in the North. This fort is used to protect three large mage camps that had bee established since the beginning of the civil war. The fort was created within the last year few months in order to keep rebel groups from attempting to free the civilians there in- since a few camps have had uprising and radical groups have been attempting to attack/free mages at others (though not necessarily successfully)

This is meant to be a rather big battle, so I'm looking for soldiers and rebel fighters to see if there's some interest in this battle. I'm not entirely sure if I want the mages or Connlaothians to win, so I'm going to leave it up completely to how the thread will play out, though I want to see what sort of interest I can gain, first :)

SO post your characters and ideas here if interested!
So who's with me? XD

On the timeline of events, it's be about one or two years from when the Grand Duke held his masked ball (I'll decide this after I get more feedback). I'm also thinking this event will trigger the conscription portion of the war. Heavy losses to be assumed so in turn, all eligible men will be drafted to help with the war efforts among all of the supporting duchies (which currently are all of them- but we'll see how long that will last!)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cynric Venari

Rukh is in! She's a sellsword, so she's probably on the side of Connlaoth. Rebels don't pay for garrison duty.

Paradox

Where in the north is this fort located, exactly? Or is this something that hasn't been decided yet?

visualspice

Hrm, I haven't decided. Not Hellvion. Could be Allar but I was thinking towards the middle of the country. Might boarder Hyoite. Thoughts?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Borzclubb and his mercenaries would be available for such a thing, although they'd also be on the side that can pay the most, so not the rebels.

Anadwen

Athran could possibly appear by. He likes to fight and hates Connlaoth anti-magic laws, since they are a threat to him, but would most likely have to be paid at least a little. Or running away from the guards to run into the camps (nothing unusual for him).

visualspice

As stated in the other main plotting thread and FAQ section on the info page, I want to keep this Connlaothian v. Connlaothian (it takes away from the idea of civil war if you bring in outsiders for no direction reason)- and the mages would not have money to pay outside sources. However, if an outsider were to befriend someone and wish to help, it'd make sense, but yeah x.x
Just wanted to point that out X3

Anadwen

He does sometimes hang around Connlaoth, especially lately through the war, and then he's mostly on the run due to using magic despite the laws not allowing him to do so.
So he would possibly try to help the mages.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 13, 2014, 09:46:30 AM
He does sometimes hang around Connlaoth, especially lately through the war, and then he's mostly on the run due to using magic despite the laws not allowing him to do so.
So he would possibly try to help the mages.
Sounds good! I still need to figure out which of my characters will be there XD
Probably Killian and the General might be Serenus, though debating if it ought to be an npc or not. Though hrmm.. maybe it'll just be Serenus so I can give him more things to do. Though if it's Serenus, it might make sense this Fort is constructed in the Duchy of Allar, or at least near it.

hrmmm.. such decisions!

Wicked Basket

Jacen would fight with the rebels seeing how he is a rebel. It would also be made even more interesting for him to be careful in not being recognized by Connlaothian soldiers since he trains them. His participation could also add more drama and what not with his family, especially from his worrisome sister.

visualspice

Quote from: Wicked Basket on January 13, 2014, 12:23:34 PM
Jacen would fight with the rebels seeing how he is a rebel. It would also be made even more interesting for him to be careful in not being recognized by Connlaothian soldiers since he trains them. His participation could also add more drama and what not with his family, especially from his worrisome sister.

Oh, that would definitely be an interesting twist to this battle!I wonder if he'd personally know General Serenus and have worked under him? Could prove to be an added dramatic twist since Serenus is generally well liked, but at the end of the day, he's still someone commanded to lead armies to protect people and thwart mage attacks. Though unlike the other General (Krah, who is famous for his slaughters), Serenus sticks to the traditions of what is right- and will stop mage uprising where he can and defend vigilantly whatever post or location he is stationed at. I'm thinking, after he has some questionable motives behind taking in a mage that ends up as a private, personal healer to the Grand Duke (which is hppening in another thread) rumors might spread he's growing weak and when he gets stationed at the Fort, there might be whispers it's a good time to attack and free the mages at the camps there in.

Hope that makes sense XD

Wicked Basket

Well, Jacen's position in training soldiers was part of a deal for him to stay home and help his family. The deal, I imagaine, would have had to have gone through SOMBODY important. It very well counld have been Serenus.

visualspice

Quote from: Wicked Basket on January 13, 2014, 12:38:04 PM
Well, Jacen's position in training soldiers was part of a deal for him to stay home and help his family. The deal, I imagaine, would have had to have gone through SOMBODY important. It very well counld have been Serenus.

Oh, I like that. We can definitely work offa that~

Wicked Basket

Awesome. It's about time I get some use out of this guy. He hasn't been in a thread yet. :P
I also have not gotten to participate in the civil war yet either, so that's cool too. :)

Cynric Venari

So, should we flesh the fort out a little?

Is it a rough, wooden structure? Or an old stone fort appropriated by the soldiers?

What purpose does it serve? Other than protecting the mage camps, I mean. I thought maybe it would primarily be a fortified supply camp with a garrison, as well as serving as a post station.

How are the rebels attacking? Their strategy will define the flow of the threads. Should we have multiple threads for different parts of the battle? One could be on top of the wall, the other at a gatehouse, one in the courtyard or the keep? Different contingents could attack/defend specific points.

I am totally psyched for this!

Anadwen

I just need to know what place could a mage-on-the-run get to while escaping from guards.

visualspice

Quote from: Rukh Vahn on January 14, 2014, 06:42:13 AM
So, should we flesh the fort out a little?

Is it a rough, wooden structure? Or an old stone fort appropriated by the soldiers?

What purpose does it serve? Other than protecting the mage camps, I mean. I thought maybe it would primarily be a fortified supply camp with a garrison, as well as serving as a post station.

How are the rebels attacking? Their strategy will define the flow of the threads. Should we have multiple threads for different parts of the battle? One could be on top of the wall, the other at a gatehouse, one in the courtyard or the keep? Different contingents could attack/defend specific points.

I am totally psyched for this!

I'm glad you asked all those questions! I purposely haven't revealed much detail because I figured whoever is interested, we could all possibly design this war scenario together. As of right now, I don't have a leader designated for the mages who would attack it, but couldbe in the works on something if no one has a mage rebel they want to toss this way~

I'll add more thoughts on this later (just a tad busy today x.X) but wanted to let you know more information and ideas from me are to come!

Quote from: Anadwen on January 14, 2014, 07:50:47 AM
I just need to know what place could a mage-on-the-run get to while escaping from guards.

And Anadwen-  I think I'm a bit confused on this question- is this related to this specific, Fort Attack event or just the Civil war event in general?

Cambie

Hey guys,

I'd like to contribute either Luc or Aryn to either the Ball or the War event going on, however they might fit into the plotline. Specifically, I think Aryn might work as part of the War event, and Luc for the other one. (For continuity's sake, I'll post the same thing in the other thread.)

And if those two do not work, I'm also willing to create a new character to fulfill whatever niche role that needs filling. Let me know!

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on January 14, 2014, 01:49:39 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to contribute either Luc or Aryn to either the Ball or the War event going on, however they might fit into the plotline. Specifically, I think Aryn might work as part of the War event, and Luc for the other one. (For continuity's sake, I'll post the same thing in the other thread.)

And if those two do not work, I'm also willing to create a new character to fulfill whatever niche role that needs filling. Let me know!

I was actually contemplating Blaith being a part of instigating or even leading men to take down the Fort. If word got out his sister might be held captive int he mage camps, he'd do anything in his pwer to see her free-
Not sure if his sister, Kella would be there- but being as Aryn has had a run in with her- could be something interesting! But we shall seeeee