Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

FORT ATTACK: sub-event for Connlaothian Civil war [EVENT COMPLETE]

Started by visualspice, January 12, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Ehm... I might have a dumb question, but what exactly are those Mage camps?

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 14, 2014, 02:24:32 PM
Ehm... I might have a dumb question, but what exactly are those Mage camps?
All information for the war can be answered here, on it's info page: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.0
The story section briefs over the camps, etc and you can find more information in the FAQ section and Event Summary. :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

With Athran taken to the Mage camps and Ryuch keeping him company, it is highly likely that the death god will be present at the beginning of the thread, too.

HOWEVER

That doesn't mean he will influence the battle. Due to not being suited for it and lacking the abilities needed for a battle, and also the fact that he isn't taking sides, he will be merely an observer that will most likely fly off before the battle starts. He also cannot interfere in the battle by killing mordecai due to the rule that restricts death gods from saving a person's life by killing another human. If he was to kill anyone in an attempt to save Athran, he would die. Therefore, he will not interfere a little.

Plus, he cannot be considered a demon or traditional god that can influence the events greatly due to his limited powers. And therefore, in the battle, he won't make any difference at all.

Demous

Demous Cartwright could also be an assist in the battle. As a Magician, he is particular with maintaining our contact with magic, and understanding of it as a hole. The man is extremely radical when it comes to this scenario, due to his huge grasp on it, and ambitions alike.

Most likely he'd hear word considering he lives in Fallial, and the small outskirt town he hails from is a transformed location due to previous magical exposure. Assuming this place would be bustling with mages, and magicians around...he'd probably be on top of the situation. Haha.

visualspice

Quote from: Demous on January 18, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
Demous Cartwright could also be an assist in the battle. As a Magician, he is particular with maintaining our contact with magic, and understanding of it as a hole. The man is extremely radical when it comes to this scenario, due to his huge grasp on it, and ambitions alike.

Most likely he'd hear word considering he lives in Fallial, and the small outskirt town he hails from is a transformed location due to previous magical exposure. Assuming this place would be bustling with mages, and magicians around...he'd probably be on top of the situation. Haha.

I'd prefer only Connlaothians to participate. Being Demous is from Serendipity, and the Fort itself is meant to be on the Boarder, near Hyoite, I'm not sure how it'd make sense for him to even be there. I'd be more game for it if he had some sort of contact or reason for being in Connlaoth. I know Wicked Basket has his character Jacen going ot be involved with the rebel side- maybe those characters are familiar with one another or Demous is friends with one of the rebels? It would just have to be a realistic reason he'd be there on an organized attack. This is a civil war, not a world war, so I'll press again (as it's posted all over the information pages) that I'd prefer Connlaothians or at least characters with connections there of.

Would you consider making another character possibly to join? I always support that XD but let me know your thoughts. If not, I did suggest some ideas above.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

So I had a thought-
if I make Blaith a main antagonist here- He'd be crazy enough to hire mercernaries- so that'd open the door for more characters to join in this blood shed for money :)

The premise is this:
Kella Harmond, Blaith's sister, is accused of being a mage at this event, and is captured and sent to the mage camps this fort protects. Word gets back to Blaith- and Blaith, being an organized person over a radical, small force of extremeists, would blatantly open war against the grand duke himself- taking his army and steam rolling it over Ahjfeld, where he'd kill the unnamed duke there, leaving it rulerless nad consuming it's army into his own masses, then taking his forces and hired men- head towards the camp in the North in hopes to take it down and get back his sister.

Jacen, and his roll, might be interesting since he could be actually forced to choose between crazy rebels and chaos, and General Serenus and his men :)

Bris, I think you also had a character you wanted to use to do this so we can plots

EDIT: This would also begin the war aspect where Duchies are now fighting duchies. Before they were all unified against the mages.

Anadwen

so, would it be possible for Ryuch to be present, or not?

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 19, 2014, 11:09:43 AM
so, would it be possible for Ryuch to be present, or not?
Possibly, is he linked to your character now? I might make an exception for him if he more or less doesn't act godly here and is a by-stander (like you implied) I'm assuming your elven character would be all upset over that, too loool

visualspice

Quote from: DaGlobster on January 13, 2014, 03:29:40 AM
Borzclubb and his mercenaries would be available for such a thing, although they'd also be on the side that can pay the most, so not the rebels.

Since it seems the crazy Duke of mine, Blaith, might be the main antagonist, he WOULD be crazy enough to possibly hire them - but we'll see D:

Anadwen

yes, he is linked to him and practically follows him all over the place during that particular time. he really doesn't act too godly... and would be more of a thing that drives Athran mad with confusion, rather than an actually helpful companion.

he might scare mordecai and soldiers, though.

visualspice

So far, these are the characters listed that might be involved:

General Serenus- Army General Maintaining the Fort at the time (played by visualspice)

Killian- soldier in army (played by visualspice)

Blaith Harmond- (played by visualspice) he's the lead rebel, he's also a duke, so this will be the first time a duke will publicly be fighting the Grand Duke's army. Blaith will be there and start this entire new aspect of the war because he has confirmed accounts his sister is in the mage camps under the Fort's protection. His main goal is to destroy the Fort and what it stands for and rescue his twin sister.

Kella Harmond- (played by visualspice) The run-away twin sister of the Duke of Harmond, she's been on the run ever since her brother has gone crazy. In this event, I'm going to have her be captured and taken to the mage camps. Which is the whole reason this scenario starts :)

Aryn Ohlund- (played by Cambie) He's going to be there, because apparently he + Kella Harmon = a team of bad luck. Not sure how he'll get there. He might end up a prisoner at Kella's side. We shall see :)

Rukh Vahn (played by Rukh Vahn)- recent sell sword hired on to help protect the fort. Perhaps a recent hire by the General?

Jacen- (played by Wicked Basket)- He's going to be an insider that will work against the Connlaothian army by working inside the fort- so when fighting breaks out, it might appear as if he's with the soldiers, but he'll really be helping those attacking! (Also, Wicked, if you want to have Jacen know Blaith as well, we could do something but PM me. Either way, we might be able to play it off as something that he just happens to be there and is a supporter of the other side, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a preplanned idea for Jacen. In fact, it might be interesting if it's not- because Jacen probably would not support the sort of side Blaith would be fighting for :)

Siana- (played by Wintersfeather)  A merc. hired by Blaith to find Kella. She could possibly be the scout who finds out and confirms where Kella is before Siana herself is dragged into this chaos by an extra offering of money

To be determined (these players need to PM me or post more thorough ideas so I can see if their ideas can be integrated properly):
Borzclubb and his band of mercernaries- (played by DaGlobster)  It's possible they were hired by Blaith to help aid his attack against the fort. PM me for post on this thread so we can finalize these plans.

Athran and Ryuch- (played by Anadwen)- They'll be on the side of the mages (just have to figure out how their random appearance will work into this thread XD ) *Since the main attack is coming from my character Blaith, we'll have to plot some about how or why they'd be there. MIght be just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Though if you want something more organized, Ana, PM me or post your thoughts here!)

Luc- (played by Cambie) He could somehow join forces with Blaith in order to help with the attack, but PM me if you got more ideas! Or post them here!

Demous Cartwright- (played by Demous) I posted some stuff earlier in this plotting thread, just waiting to hear back from you for feed back XD PM me or post your thoughts in this thread!

*Please note, the second set of characters are not approved to join in until their motives are ironed out. This doesn't mean they can't play, I just need you work with the players more to get them more properly integrated into this before I toss the event up and make it open and ready to play! :D

The premise for this event was posted here.

Winters-Feather

i could have siana be a merc hired to help find and rescue kella

visualspice

Maybe Siana was hired to scout ahead and she's the one that confirms all of this for Blaith? Would she join his fight/ cause (for money? lol)

Winters-Feather

yeah sure! and always for money.. she knows he's a crazy loon and would probably need more convincing to do something she deems too risky and unworthy  ;) ;) ;D

visualspice

As a reminder, this will be taking place primarily in Ajhfeld.

Wicked Basket

New plan. Jacen will start off with the rebels, but then switch over to Connlaoth after Blaith gets out of hand with his crazy mission of conquest.

Kriv

You can definitely count Tal in, he would be working for pay under Connalath, but that could change..

visualspice

@ Kriv- please read up on Connlaoth and the Civil War Info Page.

I'm really looking for Connlaothians primarily to be a part of this. (though some exceptions can be made!)
The thing is, the side your proposing wouldn't make sense in this particular event, as Connlaoth wouldn't hire chimera. All of the soldiers are Connlaothian (they're very snobbish against outsiders) Plus soldier are recruited within their duchies, not hired from outside resources. :)
However, if he wouldn't mind working for a crazy man, the main antagonist here, Blaith Harmond, might hire someone out. But please read up on all of the information so you can be familiar with the low down on this stuff and all the views, etc :)

Kriv

Tal is a bit unstable so working with an equally crazy person would suit him. Also, sorry for jumping the gun like that, the other RP forums I've been on didn't really have group events and I got a little excited. :P

visualspice

No probs, Kriv XD
Just want to make sure we're all on the same page. But yeah, your character would be fine if you want him to be like a hired sword for Blaith's rampage against this Fort. My character is pretty much doing anything in order to get his sister back and is finally at the end of his rope as far as his patience with the Connlaothian government right now so he's finally openly fighting back in this event :)

And if you want, you can always make a soldier character :D we're always looking for those, too~